Tried to........

outofnowheres
outofnowheres's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tried to........

summon Bloody Mary yesterday. Didn't work.

If theres anyway to prove the supernatural exists I will be happy to try it. (Without killing myself.)(Must be cheap.)

Idiots are Fun! No wonder every village wants one.-House

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
outofnowheres wrote:summon

outofnowheres wrote:

If theres anyway to prove the supernatural exists I will be happy to try it. (Without killing myself.)(Must be cheap.)

... would you be ok with killing others?

What Would Kharn Do?

outofnowheres
outofnowheres's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tried to........

New Criteria

1-Must be cheap.

2-Must not harm any living thing, myself included.

3-Must not have anything to do with dead organisms, like necrophillia.

4-I can't travel to any haunted houses.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
You could have a near death

You could have a near death experience. That might not count as killing yourself.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
outofnowheres wrote:1-Must

outofnowheres wrote:

1-Must be cheap.

... pff... how the hell are you gonna summons demons with rules like that?

What Would Kharn Do?

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
Okay, I saw a film called

Okay, I saw a film called "Drag me to Hell" and apparently if you evict a witch from her house she will curse you and you will die in three days unless you give the cursed object (Oh yeah, there's a cursed object involved as well. It's really not as complicated as it might sound. I suggest you watch the film.) to another person in which case they will die in your stead.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:Okay, I saw a

Gauche wrote:

Okay, I saw a film called "Drag me to Hell" and apparently if you evict a witch from her house she will curse you and you will die in three days unless you give the cursed object (Oh yeah, there's a cursed object involved as well. It's really not as complicated as it might sound. I suggest you watch the film.) to another person in which case they will die in your stead.

err... if the witch curses me... wouldnt "i" be the object? in which case, how would i "give" mysel

No, no... i am not finishing that sentence...

Suffice to say Gauche, either poor wording on your behalf, or one hell of a plot hole

What Would Kharn Do?

star_stuff
User is offlineOffline
Listen. All you have to do

Listen. All you have to do is simple.

Go to your local Toys R Us or Walmart and pick up a Parker Bros Ouija Board.

You can summon droves of demons with that thing.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:Gauche

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Gauche wrote:

err... if the witch curses me... wouldnt "i" be the object? in which case, how would i "give" mysel

No, no... i am not finishing that sentence...

Suffice to say Gauche, either poor wording on your behalf, or one hell of a plot hole

I thought you would say that evicting someone will hurt them, violating rule #2.

Though the film's plot is not too complicated, it is multi-layered like tiramisu or a vidalia onion so I can understand your bewilderment.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

outofnowheres
outofnowheres's picture
User is offlineOffline
An NDE....

would be too risky.

Sounds like fun but too risky.

People may take me as a suicidal after that.

NEW RULE: The act must not make other people want to harm me.

Example: "If god exists, then may he strike me down now!" *Jesus fan promptly dropkicks me*

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
outofnowheres wrote:NEW

outofnowheres wrote:

NEW RULE: The act must not make other people want to harm me.

... people need a reason, to want to harm you?

What Would Kharn Do?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
star_stuff wrote:Listen. All

star_stuff wrote:

Listen. All you have to do is simple.

Go to your local Toys R Us or Walmart and pick up a Parker Bros Ouija Board.

You can summon droves of demons with that thing.

What is funny is that Furry and Caposkia and other believers rightfully laugh at Ouija boards, but the OT, and NT which is full of fantastic claims and logical absurdities, both scientifically and morally, miss the point that they are in the same boat as fans of the Ouija board superstition.

They all require "faith" to work and none require testing or falsification.

I wish my Mr Happy could summons Cyndi Crawford, I'd pray to it every day.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
www.astrumargentum.org/arquiv

www.astrumargentum.org/arquivos/ht/libri/liber185.pdf

Here's the sign-up form. Have at it!

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
outofnowheres wrote:New

outofnowheres wrote:

New Criteria

1-Must be cheap.

That's easy, check out my recommendation of EAV measuring, here. The only problem might be, that FDA is evil and this thing may be hard to find in USA. Technically, it's the least supernatural thing of them all, therefore the easiest to detect and most repeatable. But watch your wallet. Here it takes 3 dollars and 15 minutes for complete diagnosis and testing of appropriate medicine, don't know how about abroad.

I have no experience with Ouija boards, we esotericists banish the ghosts where they belong, instead of inviting them. They're vermin and tend to parasite on weak people. And they can hardly give any reliable information.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

outofnowheres
outofnowheres's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nevermind

This is getting boring.

I don't want to measure the presence of ghosts. I want to talk to them. See them. Feel them. Learn from them.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:outofnowheres

Luminon wrote:

outofnowheres wrote:

New Criteria

1-Must be cheap.

That's easy, check out my recommendation of EAV measuring, here. The only problem might be, that FDA is evil and this thing may be hard to find in USA. Technically, it's the least supernatural thing of them all, therefore the easiest to detect and most repeatable. But watch your wallet. Here it takes 3 dollars and 15 minutes for complete diagnosis and testing of appropriate medicine, don't know how about abroad.

I have no experience with Ouija boards, we esotericists banish the ghosts where they belong, instead of inviting them. They're vermin and tend to parasite on weak people. And they can hardly give any reliable information.

Could that be why they come to you in the first place? They're attracted to the credulous? Eye-wink

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
outofnowheres wrote:This is

outofnowheres wrote:

This is getting boring.

I don't want to measure the presence of ghosts. I want to talk to them. See them. Feel them. Learn from them.

...which is exactly what people do during their dreaming stage, in their own astral bodies.
Anyway, the astral world is full of lonely discarnates, that are eager to pass some information to living people like us. The problem is, that their information is not of very high quality. Just because they're in astral realm, doesn't mean that they are better informed. Astral world is emotional, mediums all around the world write down books with unprecise, but emotionally affected texts, on various topics. New Age bookstores are full of this second-grade stuff, the keyword is "channeling".

If you want to learn a serious information, then search for the books dictated by Masters of Wisdom. They're not astral, they're responsible for the evolution of humanity, and they're finally coming out of their Himalayan closets at these years. Their goal is to work with people in every department of human activity, including science. Bits of their science are already published, but there can be never such a cooperation, until there is war on Earth. War, poverty, and destruction of environment must be stopped, before Masters can inspire us with advanced knowledge and technologies. So as for these bits, take a look for yourself. It's a bit  different from the main contemporary scientific theories. According to Masters, the universe is mainly based on electromagnetic forces, and some researchers share that opinion. "Electric gods" article, Electric universe model and Electric sun hypothesis
According to my information, Masters predict arrival of technology, which will eventually allow to record discarnates on a special film tape and record their voices, therefore communication will be estabilished on scientific basis, not through mediums. Fear of death will become a historical anachronism.

jcgadfly wrote:
Could that be why they come to you in the first place? They're attracted to the credulous? Eye-wink
They are indeed attracted by credulous people, but definitely not by me. I am practically not responsive to astral (emotional, ghost-related) phenomena, which is good, because this kind of sensitivity is evolutionary anachronism from the time of neolitic shamans. If some ghost wants to talk to me, then he must meet me at night, when my body sleeps and I go to the astral, (dreamworld) just like everyone else, while my brain cleans it's memory. Then I have my office hours for ghosts Smiling

Otherwise, one of my abilities is to send the discarnates from this world to the astral world where they can be "recycled". It's quite impressive in technical terms, I mean, it purges the area of 1-2 kilometers around from the ghosts that want to go, but don't see the way. It's an automatical process. Let's say, that I visit an old, abandoned place as a tourist. It may be a medieval castle or former coal mine. Lots of people died there during history. I come there, and soon, at some point, I am overwhelmed by a moment of feeling of vertigo and pressure, like something would pass right through my body. That's all, and if I visit the place again, I don't have that feeling anymore.
My information is, that since I have built some degree of antahkarana (spiritual uplink to the soul, the source of personal power, love and wisdom) I can use it as elevator for remnants of ghosts, or better said, vacuum cleaner Smiling
The one reliable clairvoyant person I know gave me detailed information about what it is, originally I thought that just some ghost passed through me, but it didn't quite explain why it never happened again in the same area. This kind of ability also surprisingly interferes with certain items. For a recent example, a paper map or rubber ball, a particular items among several identic serial pieces of them, evoked the same feeling of strong vertigo, when I touched them. I could keep touching them repeatedly, until whatever "energy" (terminus technicus) was in them faded away. You see, there would be a lot of interesting things to research, where it all comes from. If you ask why I have so many abilities and you not, well, this is what I trained in a lot of my past lives. I had jobs like that. But my job in this life is much different, because I should also add some new abilities to these which I already have. For example, the mysterious and incredible (IMO) ability to socialize, to hang out with people, which is something that I really slacked in my past lives. If you wonder how can I know all that, for now let's say I have my methods.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd love to spend a day in

I'd love to spend a day in your head.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I'd love to

Vastet wrote:
I'd love to spend a day in your head.
Yeah, it's beautiful in there, plus observation of aether must be fascinating for a newbie. But you know, I've got to get outside, start to communicate more, bring some inspiration to people, and hang out with them. Whatever personal assets I have, they get a little bitter if I can't share them. I've also started writing a blog, so getting in my head will be easier. (sorry, it's not in english for now)

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah

Lum's best posts are like stepping out into the rain in a singlet with no umbrella.

I still want to hear Lum debate a locked-down theist. Say, Fonzie....

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Lum's

Atheistextremist wrote:
Lum's best posts are like stepping out into the rain in a singlet with no umbrella.

I still want to hear Lum debate a locked-down theist. Say, Fonzie....

I don't understand why, exactly. My objections to religiosity are similar to atheists'. Ocassionally, I recommend some atheistic arguments to my friends that have problem with religious relatives. For example, the "inversion of Heaven and Hell".
Christians can hardly debate with me for a similar reason why other people can't - because they don't know anything about this topic. If they can think that atheists worship Satan and eat babies, then they must think that about esotericists even more. So I believe it would not be a debate, but rather lecture on basic principles of esotericism. At these times I prefer to recommend a short introductory book, which is freely available online and easily readable. I'd like to debate someone who is well informed.

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
 For some reason the Bloody

For some reason the Bloody Mary thing really freaks me out, so I refuse to ever try it.

gingerpunk
User is offlineOffline
DMT

Dimethyltryptamine in certain circumstances can create an NDE.

How do you feel about tripping hard for about 20 minutes?

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
outofnowheres wrote:This is

outofnowheres wrote:

This is getting boring.

Honestly, look into lucid dreaming.  There you can do whatever you want.  I've been to lazy to actually work at it but I do believe that it is possible to control your dreams to some extent and remember them.

StrawberryJam
atheist
User is offlineOffline
gingerpunk

gingerpunk wrote:

I think Paul of Tarsus must have done something similar to that, but I am not sure how he did yet. Anyone know of what he had access to then?

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline

outofnowheres wrote:

Take a 700mg dosage of DXM then try again. 

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
He should have....

StrawberryJam wrote:

gingerpunk wrote:

I think Paul of Tarsus must have done something similar to that, but I am not sure how he did yet. Anyone know of what he had access to then?

We would all be better off if Paul had taken his meds.   Paul {Saul} of Tarsus was suffering from what modern Doctors would call Bi-polar disorder, with bouts of epilepsy;  or perhaps epilepsy with bouts into bi-polar depressions and boarderline personality disorder called manic compulsiveness. In laymans terms he was NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

David Henson
Theist
David Henson's picture
User is offlineOffline

outofnowheres wrote:

What is that expression that concludes that "proof" is for alcohol and . . . something else. To me, the interesting thing about "proving" the supernatural would be the effects of that perhaps being that it would no longer be supernatural. The implication, of course, being that if we can't understand it we must deny it. At one time whales and squid were thought of as "supernatural," not that that means much. 

From a strictly atheistic point of view I don't see how it could matter because most atheists  I have talked with believe in the possibility of there being other intelligent life forms in the universe. Angels? Oh, no! That isn't possible because the Bible says so. On the other hand at Galatians 5:20 Paul uses the Greek word pharmakia, from which comes our English word Pharmacy. It is most often translated as "spiritism" because drugs were, and still are in primitive societies, used as a means to access the spirit world. Of course - the sort of "proof" of which you speak is, under the influence, difficult to to document and confirm. Then again, can you "prove" that we evolved or can you assume that based upon our obviously poor observation that we did because other than the Bible there is no explanation? Can you prove the air you breathe is real or how much do we know about black holes? 

Its all a great deal more wishy washy than we like to think. The best you can do is study the Bible with eyes open and go from there.  

JonathanBC
User is offlineOffline
David Henson

David Henson wrote:

outofnowheres wrote:

What is that expression that concludes that "proof" is for alcohol and . . . something else. To me, the interesting thing about "proving" the supernatural would be the effects of that perhaps being that it would no longer be supernatural. The implication, of course, being that if we can't understand it we must deny it. At one time whales and squid were thought of as "supernatural," not that that means much. 

From a strictly atheistic point of view I don't see how it could matter because most atheists  I have talked with believe in the possibility of there being other intelligent life forms in the universe. Angels? Oh, no! That isn't possible because the Bible says so. On the other hand at Galatians 5:20 Paul uses the Greek word pharmakia, from which comes our English word Pharmacy. It is most often translated as "spiritism" because drugs were, and still are in primitive societies, used as a means to access the spirit world. Of course - the sort of "proof" of which you speak is, under the influence, difficult to to document and confirm. Then again, can you "prove" that we evolved or can you assume that based upon our obviously poor observation that we did because other than the Bible there is no explanation? Can you prove the air you breathe is real or how much do we know about black holes? 

Its all a great deal more wishy washy than we like to think. The best you can do is study the Bible with eyes open and go from there.  

I'd very much like to refute you line by line, but when I started, I quickly noticed it would be out of line for the kindness forum. If you are willing, I invite you to make this post in the atheist versus theist forum. Alternately, I'd be open to a one on one debate if you prefer. I don't think anyone here would object.

David Henson
Theist
David Henson's picture
User is offlineOffline
JonathanBC wrote:I'd very

JonathanBC wrote:

I'd very much like to refute you line by line, but when I started, I quickly noticed it would be out of line for the kindness forum. If you are willing, I invite you to make this post in the atheist versus theist forum. Alternately, I'd be open to a one on one debate if you prefer. I don't think anyone here would object.

You want to refute that? I was just having a little bit of fun. Very well, then, sir . . . to the Atheist Vs. Theist forum with you! I'm not really in to the One on One thing unless you insist. Too much fuss, too many rules - I would die of boredom before it started.