Theists, how do you explain the formation of races? [Kill Em With Kindness]

Master Jedi Dan
Master Jedi Dan's picture
Posts: 289
Joined: 2007-05-30
User is offlineOffline
Theists, how do you explain the formation of races? [Kill Em With Kindness]

This is just another question thrown out there for the theists, but how did races form?  Like Anglo-Saxon, African, Asian, South American, etc., from two people (Adam and Eve)?  I mean, if Adam and Eve were of the same race (and the Bible says nothing against this), how did all the different races form?


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Your reply, while lenghty,

Your reply, while lenghty, did not answer my question Bronco. You danced around the question an awful lot, but you certainly said nothing straightfoward or made your process of belief understandable to me - and I explained why in detail.

I want a blunt, straight forward reply to a blunt question.

Let me help you, fill in the blanks:

I don't believe God made the earth in six days, because ____________. I do believe Jesus was the son of God and died and was resurrected, because ___________. I base these distinctions upon _______. I can reliably determine what is true and what is not in the Bible by ______________.

 

So sorry to be curious about something that is so important to you. I know, it's unbelievable!

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Broncosfan
Theist
Posts: 94
Joined: 2007-02-05
User is offlineOffline
Yellow_Number_Five

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Your reply, while lenghty, did not answer my question Bronco. You danced around the question an awful lot, but you certainly said nothing straightfoward or made your process of belief understandable to me - and I explained why in detail.

I want a blunt, straight forward reply to a blunt question.

Let me help you, fill in the blanks:

I don't believe God made the earth in six days, because ____________. I do believe Jesus was the son of God and died and was resurrected, because ___________. I base these distinctions upon _______. I can reliably determine what is true and what is not in the Bible by ______________.

So sorry to be curious about something that is so important to you. I know, it's unbelievable!

I'm sorry, I misundersttod.

 You wanted me to answer your question with your words - not mine.

Let's save us both some time.

You've provided most of the answer in the above example - why don't you just fill in the blanks with anything you want and you'll have your answers  - IN YOUR WORDS...!!! 

 

 


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Broncosfan

Broncosfan wrote:
Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Your reply, while lenghty, did not answer my question Bronco. You danced around the question an awful lot, but you certainly said nothing straightfoward or made your process of belief understandable to me - and I explained why in detail.

I want a blunt, straight forward reply to a blunt question.

Let me help you, fill in the blanks:

I don't believe God made the earth in six days, because ____________. I do believe Jesus was the son of God and died and was resurrected, because ___________. I base these distinctions upon _______. I can reliably determine what is true and what is not in the Bible by ______________.

So sorry to be curious about something that is so important to you. I know, it's unbelievable!

Son, you don't get it - let it go..!!

I think not.

I know I've put you in an uncomfortable position, and I want you to explore that position.

At the very least, you'll understand your own faith better when it is all said and done.

 

A very interesting thought occurs to me.

You've said that you dismiss the Genesis account yet accept the Christ story - you've not explained to any degree of satisfaction why that is, but I want you to consider something.

Christ died for our sins, right? Where did the concept of sin come from? In your religion, sin enters the picture with Adam and Eve and that first bite of the apple, right?

So if you don't believe in the Genesis account, what was Christ dying for? Where did sin come from?

Have you ever asked yourself these sorts of questions?

How can you reconcile Christ dying for a concept created in a story you don't believe is true?

Do you see why I prod and poke as I do?

I'm not trying to badger you, I want you to think. I want YOU to understand your own faith, and then, if that faith remains intact, to explain it to me so that I may better understand where you are coming from.

I'm not going to let this drop, and I don't think you should either.

Honestly examine what you believe, and share it with me, bluntly and without trying to make a specific case or argue a certain point. Just be honest with me and yourself.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Broncosfan
Theist
Posts: 94
Joined: 2007-02-05
User is offlineOffline
Yellow_Number_Five

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:
Broncosfan wrote:
Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Your reply, while lenghty, did not answer my question Bronco. You danced around the question an awful lot, but you certainly said nothing straightfoward or made your process of belief understandable to me - and I explained why in detail.

I want a blunt, straight forward reply to a blunt question.

Let me help you, fill in the blanks:

I don't believe God made the earth in six days, because ____________. I do believe Jesus was the son of God and died and was resurrected, because ___________. I base these distinctions upon _______. I can reliably determine what is true and what is not in the Bible by ______________.

So sorry to be curious about something that is so important to you. I know, it's unbelievable!

Son, you don't get it - let it go..!!

I think not.

I know I've put you in an uncomfortable position, and I want you to explore that position.

At the very least, you'll understand your own faith better when it is all said and done.

A very interesting thought occurs to me.

You've said that you dismiss the Genesis account yet accept the Christ story - you've not explained to any degree of satisfaction why that is, but I want you to consider something.

Christ died for our sins, right? Where did the concept of sin come from? In your religion, sin enters the picture with Adam and Eve and that first bite of the apple, right?

So if you don't believe in the Genesis account, what was Christ dying for? Where did sin come from?

Have you ever asked yourself these sorts of questions?

How can you reconcile Christ dying for a concept created in a story you don't believe is true?

Do you see why I prod and poke as I do?

I'm not trying to badger you, I want you to think. I want YOU to understand your own faith, and then, if that faith remains intact, to explain it to me so that I may better understand where you are coming from.

I'm not going to let this drop, and I don't think you should either.

Honestly examine what you believe, and share it with me, bluntly and without trying to make a specific case or argue a certain point. Just be honest with me and yourself.

Would you like an answer to all of your past, present and future questions..?

Well, here it is..

I personally think that The Beatles are the greatest rock and roll band who ever walked this planet.

 But my brother  thinks that honour / distinction belongs to The Rolling Stones.

Now why do you suppose that is..?? 

Your answers are in the above. If you can't figure it out, hopefully somebody here will help you.

Have a nice life..!!


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Broncosfan

Broncosfan wrote:
Yellow_Number_Five wrote:
Broncosfan wrote:
Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Your reply, while lenghty, did not answer my question Bronco. You danced around the question an awful lot, but you certainly said nothing straightfoward or made your process of belief understandable to me - and I explained why in detail.

I want a blunt, straight forward reply to a blunt question.

Let me help you, fill in the blanks:

I don't believe God made the earth in six days, because ____________. I do believe Jesus was the son of God and died and was resurrected, because ___________. I base these distinctions upon _______. I can reliably determine what is true and what is not in the Bible by ______________.

So sorry to be curious about something that is so important to you. I know, it's unbelievable!

Son, you don't get it - let it go..!!

I think not.

I know I've put you in an uncomfortable position, and I want you to explore that position. Subjective musical preference is an asinine and very poor analogy to the questions that have been posed to you. That you like the one band and I another, does not tell me how you justify taking some parts of the Bible as literal and others as metaphor. It does not help me understand how you can dismiss the Biblical account in which the concept of sin is created and yet believe that Christ died for your sins - if you cannot see (or at least explain it in plain english) the contradictory nature of that for yourself, well, quite frankly, you probably don't understand why you believe what you believe.

At the very least, you'll understand your own faith better when it is all said and done.

A very interesting thought occurs to me.

You've said that you dismiss the Genesis account yet accept the Christ story - you've not explained to any degree of satisfaction why that is, but I want you to consider something.

Christ died for our sins, right? Where did the concept of sin come from? In your religion, sin enters the picture with Adam and Eve and that first bite of the apple, right?

So if you don't believe in the Genesis account, what was Christ dying for? Where did sin come from?

Have you ever asked yourself these sorts of questions?

How can you reconcile Christ dying for a concept created in a story you don't believe is true?

Do you see why I prod and poke as I do?

I'm not trying to badger you, I want you to think. I want YOU to understand your own faith, and then, if that faith remains intact, to explain it to me so that I may better understand where you are coming from.

I'm not going to let this drop, and I don't think you should either.

Honestly examine what you believe, and share it with me, bluntly and without trying to make a specific case or argue a certain point. Just be honest with me and yourself.

Would you like an answer to all of your past, present and future questions..?

Well, here it is..

I personally think that The Beatles are the greatest rock and roll band who ever walked this planet.

 But my brother  thinks that honour / distinction belongs to The Rolling Stones.

Now why do you suppose that is..?? 

Your answers are in the above. If you can't figure it out, hopefully somebody here will help you.

Have a nice life..!!

I have to say, I find this sort of response cowardly. I've asked several questions, which I think place your own personal beliefs into contradiction. You don't seem to want to explore that, and I cannot make you do it.

I'm sorry you are not ready to honestly examine what you believe yet. I do hope the questions I've asked stick in your brain and nag you for months to come though, and I think they will.

When you're ready to have an actual discussion and a give and take examination of your faith, come back, we'll be here.

It took me nearly 20 years to start honestly examining what I believed and wanting justification for it. Most people never get that far, I hope you do.

Cheers. 

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
Posts: 499
Joined: 2007-01-02
User is offlineOffline
Broncosfan wrote: Twelve

Broncosfan wrote:

Twelve people heard the evidence and found OJ Simpson Not Guilty of murder.

I personally know two dozen people - enough for two juries - who would hear the EXACT same evidence and find him guilty.

Now if people hearing the evidence about something as rational, believable and logical as an ordinary man commiting or not commiting a murder in the here and now can't fully agree based on the exact same evidence, then how could we possiblly prove or disprove something as extraordinary as the resurrection 2,000 years ago.   But you want me to expalin how my mind and thought process works in making the distinction.

The reason they say this is because of the evidence found while the case was going on. The problem with this is that it can't be used in a court of law, so the jury HAD to throw it out the window making him a free man.

This is why, in a second court case, he was ordered to pay some 35 Million dollars to the family because he, in fact, did do it without a reasonable doubt after this evidence was allowed in a court of law. The only reason he isn't in jail or dead is because of how the United States court laws work.

Also, I'm the son of God. I've lived for, roughly, 2007 years. I look like him, I have scars on both my wrists (palms are simply not possible), both ankles, and a scar on my abdomen where I was speared.

If any man told you this, showed you the scars, would you believe him? 


thano13
thano13's picture
Posts: 26
Joined: 2007-05-18
User is offlineOffline
Actually, OJ's acquittal

Actually, OJ's acquittal had nothing to do with the evidence. But that's a different discussion entirely.

For the theists answer to the thread question, try here:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Area/AnswersBook/races18.asp


Anonymouserg334t (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Theism is not exclusively Christian.

Theism is an obtuse word because it says nothing of denominations.

Muslims, Christians, Jains, Jews, ...etc are all theist

 

Theist = to believe in a god(s)

Why did all of your consideration go directly to Christians in general? Perhaps it was the reason he used the word 'theist'.

It is meant to be all inclusive for a reason.


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Adam and Eve never existed.

Adam and Eve never existed. The races are a result from tribal emigrations from africa and thousands of years of being separated. Although this question was most likely directed towards christians, since the OP asked this of "theists" I decided to answer.