Happy Atheism

wiseserpent101
Posts: 3
Joined: 2011-05-16
User is offlineOffline
Happy Atheism

Happy Atheism,

 

Dear Atheists are you guys happy? I am just wondering. I have studied Atehism and I have heard you guys have Athiest Churches where you guys talk about your anti-faith in God. I know Christianity is the true religion because I have studied the other world religions. Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, and I am still in the process more about Islam and Buddism among others. I have pretty much nailed down an understanding of Judaism, Hinduism, and Atheism real well and could explain them to you in depth. I have entreanched myself in Christian Study and it has had a phenomenal impact on my life. This is why I recommend others to commit themselves to a life of Study. The Bible is a tree of life for those who grasp it. What case can you guys make for having anti-faith in God? The key to happiness is to be happy but the hypocrite doesn't have this key. Jesus is Lord!

Jon the Apologist


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
I too have an extensive

I too have an extensive knowledge of atheism.

 

It's called not believing in a god, and that's it. You can learn everything you need to know about in about 10 seconds.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
wiseserpent101 wrote:Happy

wiseserpent101 wrote:

Happy Atheism,

 

Dear Atheists are you guys happy? I am just wondering. I have studied Atehism and I have heard you guys have Athiest Churches where you guys talk about your anti-faith in God. I know Christianity is the true religion because I have studied the other world religions. Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, and I am still in the process more about Islam and Buddism among others. I have pretty much nailed down an understanding of Judaism, Hinduism, and Atheism real well and could explain them to you in depth. I have entreanched myself in Christian Study and it has had a phenomenal impact on my life. This is why I recommend others to commit themselves to a life of Study. The Bible is a tree of life for those who grasp it. What case can you guys make for having anti-faith in God? The key to happiness is to be happy but the hypocrite doesn't have this key. Jesus is Lord!

Jon the Apologist

 

Welcome.

Why wouldn't we be happy? Happiness has nothing to do with belief in an invisible friend.

I have studied Christianity as well, I have a graduate degree from a Jesuit University and went to parochial schools.

Don't know anything about atheist churches. Probably their schedule conflicts with the weekly barbeque of kittens.

I too have studied Judaism, various sects of Christianity and Islam.

You realize to be a hypocrite one needs to claim belief in the god or the Jesus and then really not believe in it. Atheists don't believe in the god and so are not hypocrites.

Paul John the Skeptic

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13816
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
wiseserpent101 wrote:Happy

wiseserpent101 wrote:

Happy Atheism,

 

Dear Atheists are you guys happy? I am just wondering. I have studied Atehism and I have heard you guys have Athiest Churches where you guys talk about your anti-faith in God. I know Christianity is the true religion because I have studied the other world religions. Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, and I am still in the process more about Islam and Buddism among others. I have pretty much nailed down an understanding of Judaism, Hinduism, and Atheism real well and could explain them to you in depth. I have entreanched myself in Christian Study and it has had a phenomenal impact on my life. This is why I recommend others to commit themselves to a life of Study. The Bible is a tree of life for those who grasp it. What case can you guys make for having anti-faith in God? The key to happiness is to be happy but the hypocrite doesn't have this key. Jesus is Lord!

Jon the Apologist

Yes, we are "anti God" just like we are "anti-pink unicorn" or "anti-flat earth".

If you want to trust a convoluted book written by unscientific people over 1,000 year period by over 40 authors with books left out, and base it on "poof" as your evidence, we cant stop you.

But you are not the first nor will you be the last Christian, Muslim, Jew, pantheist, ect ect ect ect, to claim they got it right.

I myself KNOW what DNA is and have an extremely hard time buying magic virgin babies and magic zombie gods who survive rigor mortis after 3 days.

Quote:
Jesus is Lord

That says it all right there. Unlike you, I value the concept of advise and consent and consent of the governed. A "Lord" is a master, not an elected official and cannot be voted out of office. You worship a dictator. A fictional dictator to boot.

Do you really believe via "poof" God asked Gabe to put on some Barry White music so he could knock Mary up without a second set of DNA? Does daddy have invisible testicles we cant see? And if Jesus was not the loins of Joseph, that would have made him a bastard and a baby made outside of marriage.

MIND YOU, I don't buy the bible at all, just merely pointing out the inconsistencies of the myths claimed in it.

I don't know about you, but I like my evidence with a little more meat on it than "POOF".

There are 7 billion people of all sorts of beliefs. Neither popularity or tradition are good arguments for what constitutes evidence. Your pet deity claim is no different than any other in human history.

And "happyness" is not something anyone in the world has every second of their lives from the time they are born to the time they die. EVERYONE has the same range of human emotions and actions, happiness is merely one of a range, and not absolute or static.

Seriously, we don't hate you, we do not know you personally. But you WILL be miserable here if you think we are going to cave into "Jesus is Lord.........That'll show em".

You ARE welcome to stay and debate. But, do not think you are here to save us. We are not lost puppies for you to save from the streets. We will not give you cooties or rape your women. But we are damned sure going to respond to your stereotypical garbage.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5904
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
The key to happiness is 'to

The key to happiness is 'to be happy" ?

That is a remarkably vacuous statement, definitely worthy of someone who claims to have 'studied' Atheism. There is is no doctrine to study there, which at least makes 'Atheism' contain more truth than Christianity, which is a an accumulation of codified error. If you have 'studied' any aspect of Atheism, you are either blinded by your faith, or simply lying, to talk about simple non-belief in such terms.

I have not formally studied the various religions, although I have carefully observed, from fairly close range, probably more Muslims, Buddhists, Orthodox Christians, and miscellaneous cultures in several parts of Africa, China, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Russia, among others, than most people from Western society.

The three related Abrahamic faiths are so clearly conducive to peace and happiness that they have made the region of their origin, the Middle East, (which I have also visited), such a shining light for peace and harmony to the world, in such clear contrast to the constant conflict and misery of the nations of northern Europe whose lack of belief has lead them to such despair.... </irony>

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5904
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
"Happiness' is actually a

"Happiness' is actually a somewhat shallow emotion, easily induced by drugs of various kinds, including the addictive memes of religion which take over the reasoning faculties of the brain.

More meaningful is the satisfaction of a reasonably fulfilling life, spent pursuing (and gaining) real knowledge and understanding of "Life, the Universe, and Everything" (copyright Douglas Adams, another example of a 'miserable' atheist), and helping people where we can, including helping them in understanding the reality we inhabit.

Although I admit I do find the confident ignorance of so many people, such as expressed in the OP, somewhat depressing.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13816
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:"Happiness'

BobSpence1 wrote:

"Happiness' is actually a somewhat shallow emotion, easily induced by drugs of various kinds, including the addictive memes of religion which take over the reasoning faculties of the brain.

More meaningful is the satisfaction of a reasonably fulfilling life, spent pursuing (and gaining) real knowledge and understanding of "Life, the Universe, and Everything" (copyright Douglas Adams, another example of a 'miserable' atheist), and helping people where we can, including helping them in understanding the reality we inhabit.

Here is the difference between the believer and the atheist. The believer has to assume that there is fictional  ice cream after the meal. The atheist knows that even the meal can contain some yucky stuff, but doesn't let the yucky stuff scare them into believing that an non existent flavor of  ice cream will make reality go away.

We don't ignore the yucky stuff in life or assign it to fictional villains. And we do find ice cream(happiness, now, but not every second of our lives) without inventing a fictional afterlife and make up a utopia ice cream that does not exist.

You take a plane ride and the plane lands and the trip is over. You take a two week vacation and after two weeks it is over. You can go to old age but you will still die. Making up super heros and super villains to explain the obvious or ignore the obvious, that the ride ends, is what humanity needs to get away from, if we want to seek to extend our finite ride.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
wiseserpent101 wrote:Happy

wiseserpent101 wrote:

Happy Atheism,

 

Dear Atheists are you guys happy? I am just wondering. I have studied Atehism and I have heard you guys have Athiest Churches where you guys talk about your anti-faith in God. I know Christianity is the true religion because I have studied the other world religions. Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, and I am still in the process more about Islam and Buddism among others. I have pretty much nailed down an understanding of Judaism, Hinduism, and Atheism real well and could explain them to you in depth. I have entreanched myself in Christian Study and it has had a phenomenal impact on my life. This is why I recommend others to commit themselves to a life of Study. The Bible is a tree of life for those who grasp it. What case can you guys make for having anti-faith in God? The key to happiness is to be happy but the hypocrite doesn't have this key. Jesus is Lord!

Jon the Apologist

How can you be happy, believing that all your atheistic and other-theistic friends and neighbours will eternally suffer in hell? And you will spend eternity in heaven, knowing about it? (unless the sky daddy wipes your conscience and compassion, which makes me wonder why did He give them to us first)

Anyway, it all goes back to the god, who created an imperfect world. (including Satan)  Now he blames us and only after a long time he decided to give some chance of repenting for those, who throw away their god-given intellect and choose to believe in a middle-eastern magical carpenter about whom there are no contemporary historical records. This is the belief that makes people happy?

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
 wiseserpent101 wrote:Dear

 

wiseserpent101 wrote:
Dear Atheists are you guys happy? I am just wondering.

 

Well Jon, I would like to consider myself to be reasonably happy. Not perfectly happy but then, who really is?

 

I have a roof over my head, and a bunch of other stuff that I see no real point in listing out for you. The fact is that a great many people have less than I do.

 

wiseserpent101 wrote:
I have studied Atehism and I have heard you guys have Athiest Churches where you guys talk about your anti-faith in God.

 

Wow! I have no idea what you studied but I am fairly sure that you do not know me better than I know myself. Seriously, where did you get the idea that we have atheist churches? Could you provide the postal addresses of a few dozen of them?

 

See, that is one point where you are clearly in error. The fact that I don't believe in things (such as your idea of god) is about on the same order as not collecting stamps. If not collecting stamps is a hobby, then not believing in stuff that can't possibly happen is a religion.

 

wiseserpent101 wrote:
know Christianity is the true religion because I have studied the other world religions. Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, and I am still in the process more about Islam and Buddism among others.

 

I see. So you have decided what is the one true belief based on an admittedly incomplete understanding of the matter. Kudos to you dude! How well versed are you on religions which obtain on other planets which we have never made contact with?

 

Umm, Not at all?

 

That speaks volumes.

 

wiseserpent101 wrote:
I have entreanched myself in Christian Study and it has had a phenomenal impact on my life.

 

I am happy for you then.

 

wiseserpent101 wrote:
This is why I recommend others to commit themselves to a life of Study.

 

Oddly enough, I also think that other people should commit to a life of study. Just not the “I have made my mind up and refuse to be confused by fact” type of study.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
wiseserpent101 wrote:Happy

wiseserpent101 wrote:

Happy Atheism,

 

Dear Atheists are you guys happy? I am just wondering. I have studied Atehism and I have heard you guys have Athiest Churches where you guys talk about your anti-faith in God. I know Christianity is the true religion because I have studied the other world religions. Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, and I am still in the process more about Islam and Buddism among others. I have pretty much nailed down an understanding of Judaism, Hinduism, and Atheism real well and could explain them to you in depth. I have entreanched myself in Christian Study and it has had a phenomenal impact on my life. This is why I recommend others to commit themselves to a life of Study. The Bible is a tree of life for those who grasp it. What case can you guys make for having anti-faith in God? The key to happiness is to be happy but the hypocrite doesn't have this key. Jesus is Lord!

Jon the Apologist

I don't post on this "kindness" forum much, I am not as willing to be made to play nicely when I deem someone does not deserve "nice", But I wanted to ask you to define "apologist" all the same.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Jon

wiseserpent101 wrote:

Happy Atheism,

 

Dear Atheists are you guys happy? I am just wondering. I have studied Atehism and I have heard you guys have Athiest Churches where you guys talk about your anti-faith in God. I know Christianity is the true religion because I have studied the other world religions. Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, and I am still in the process more about Islam and Buddism among others. I have pretty much nailed down an understanding of Judaism, Hinduism, and Atheism real well and could explain them to you in depth. I have entreanched myself in Christian Study and it has had a phenomenal impact on my life. This is why I recommend others to commit themselves to a life of Study. The Bible is a tree of life for those who grasp it. What case can you guys make for having anti-faith in God? The key to happiness is to be happy but the hypocrite doesn't have this key. Jesus is Lord!

Jon the Apologist

 

You write that you understand atheism real well and yet call it a religion and there are atheist churches. This means to me you have not studied it much. Could your depth in the study of Christianity have as much depth? I think you need to study both of them a lot more and so it is good for you to come here for research on both. There are quite a number of ex-Christians here including myself, a former minister. I did commit myself to a life of Study and the deeper I dug the less I believed and the larger my cognitive dissonance became. The Bible asks you to set aside your rational brain and reality and believe things that cannot be seen or proven, totally outlandish things like talking snakes, talking donkeys, fire breathing dragons, demons flying about invading animals, dead people walking around,  etc. The Bible shows god heavily involved in violence to humans, including Jesus, meek and mild, burning the mass of humanity in hell forever for only a handful of decades of not believing in him. The more you read the more you say "Sheesh is this god loving or not". And then you start reading about other religions, ancient religions that have the same type of fairy tales and you wind up saying oh this is so human, humans made up these stories. Then you let go of it and not believe in a mythical god anymore.

So I encourage you to stick around and ask questions and continue to research the Bible, church history and other religions. You may find you don't need to fear anymore and can be just another human being enjoying the wonders of just being alive.

 

Please read this article in wiki on cognitive dissonance. It was my experience in making myself believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

 

 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
luminon

Quote:
How can you be happy, believing that all your atheistic and other-theistic friends and neighbours will eternally suffer in hell? And you will spend eternity in heaven, knowing about it? (unless the sky daddy wipes your conscience and compassion, which makes me wonder why did He give them to us first)

Simple: the people in hell will be happy to be there! Because they can perpetrate the hate they give out.

----- @bobspence

Heck, here in 'lower' europe we even had a pedophiles political party...


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
wiseserpent101 wrote: Dear

wiseserpent101 wrote:
 Dear Atheists are you guys happy? 

That's like asking someone who ignores astrology if they're 'happy'.

It's not a relevant question...

wiseserpent101 wrote:
I have studied Atehism and I have heard you guys have Athiest Churches 

Give us the names and locations of 3 Atheist 'churches'.

wiseserpent101 wrote:
... you guys have Athiest Churches where you guys talk about your anti-faith in God.

Actually, it's at the 'Non Laundry Mat', where we don't bring any clean clothes...

wiseserpent101 wrote:
 I have pretty much nailed down an understanding of ....... Atheism real well and could explain them to you in depth. 

I think you're confusing your limited understanding of atheists, as a way to distinguish yourself favourably.

Unfortunately, the distinction between most atheists and you, is in your ignorance.

If you're a monotheist, then you're also an atheist, since you don't believe in Zeus, Apollo, Thor, etc, ad nauseum...

wiseserpent101 wrote:
 I have entreanched myself in Christian Study and it has had a phenomenal impact on my life. 

What were your struggles prior to studying?...

wiseserpent101 wrote:
 This is why I recommend others to commit themselves to a life of Study. 

Because of your personal opinion?

wiseserpent101 wrote:
The Bible is a tree of life...

That actually makes no sense...

wiseserpent101 wrote:
 What case can you guys make for having anti-faith in God? 

About the same as your anti-faith in other supernatural claims...

wiseserpent101 wrote:
The key to happiness is to be happy... 

Did you coin these phrases on your own?

That's about as profound as "The Key to sleeping is to sleep..."

wiseserpent101 wrote:
... but the hypocrite doesn't have this key.

Again, doesn't make sense...

wiseserpent101 wrote:
 Jesus is Lord!

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Dear Jon the Apologist: You

Dear Jon the Apologist:

 

You don't understand anything about atheism.


Aristocrates
Posts: 1
Joined: 2011-06-10
User is offlineOffline
Draw your own conclusions

 

wiseserpent101 wrote:

Happy Atheism,

 

Dear Atheists are you guys happy? I am just wondering. I have studied Atehism and I have heard you guys have Athiest Churches where you guys talk about your anti-faith in God. I know Christianity is the true religion because I have studied the other world religions. Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, and I am still in the process more about Islam and Buddism among others. I have pretty much nailed down an understanding of Judaism, Hinduism, and Atheism real well and could explain them to you in depth. I have entreanched myself in Christian Study and it has had a phenomenal impact on my life. This is why I recommend others to commit themselves to a life of Study. The Bible is a tree of life for those who grasp it. What case can you guys make for having anti-faith in God? The key to happiness is to be happy but the hypocrite doesn't have this key. Jesus is Lord!

Jon the Apologist

 

This is a great question, although it does make some pretty big assumptions. To simply answer the question, I would say that my happiness goes up and down, depending on various things in life, such as who I am with, what I have done, what others have done for or with me.  In short, my happiness is generally unrelated to my beliefs.  However, when thinking about religion at all, I feel a great peace of mind because of my atheism.  Rather than filling my head with stories of unproveable claims, it is only full of things which I know are.  I know that I gain great satisfaction from helping others.  I look at the beauty of nature and like to think about all the amazing processes that have gone into the creation of that tree or animal.  Simply attributing that to God, for me, diminishes that beauty.

I don't know of any Atheist churches in my local area, although I do know they exist elsewhere.  I actually go to a Christian church.  I adore the architecture, music and the sense of tradition.  I often disagree with the preaching, but it often raises interesting questions in my mind, and is thus beneficial to me in this sense.  Whether I agree with the other attendees' beliefs or not, they are a great community of people, and are generous, kind and warm-hearted.

I kind of wish there was an atheist church that could do the same thing.  If I did go to an atheist church, I wouldn't be very impressed if it was all about "anti-faith in God" because that's a very negative thing, and is not what atheism is about.  That's like going to a political rally for one party just because you hate the other party - it's not productive, and not positive.  Whereas a good Atheist church would be much the same as a Christian church, where you discuss the morality of decisions in life, what life means for us as individuals, and as communities, and how we can improve our own and other people's lives. For the purposes of illustration, reference could be made to sources of the insights.  These could be books, philosophical texts, research studies or whatever, and may well include the bible, afterall, the bible has some great insights into the understanding of human nature, and atheists should read the bible to gain those insights as much as any Christian.  The difference between an atheist reading the bible and a Christian, however, is that we don't simply accept is as the truth, but simply what it is - a book.

I study many things, and I read of many religions and find them all fascinating.  I also read science fiction novels, fantasy novels.  I watch films such as Avatar and Lord of the Rings.  All of these have wonderful ideas and illuminate aspects of my life.  Avatar raises the question of how we can live more in tune with nature, Plato's Republic raises the question of how we can make a better society.  The bible raises the question of how we should treat others, and what we should prioritise in our lives.  However, all of these are only questions.  The answers only come from your head, from thinking about it, and drawing your own conclusions.

I can't make a case for "anti-faith in God", but I can make a case for just thinking about it, and not believing anything unless you have thought about it personally, and come to that conclusion yourself, looking at ALL the facts.  And if you truly do this, you will come to your own conclusion that God does not exist, as many other have done before you, simply because there is just no irrefutable evidence of His existence.

Jesus is Lord! (if "Lord" is taken as a symbolic metaphor of a good moral leader)

Take care,

 

Aristocrates

 


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
 So... difficult... to...

 So... difficult... to... contain... kill... them... with... kindness...  

Dear OP, If I thought that you did not posses the knowledge I would call you ignorant, someone that posses the knowledge but cannot comprehend it, merits a different adjective all together.  The main discrepancies of your OP have been addressed.  I just wanted to say that if you consider yourself an apologist, you would be much more efficient should you support your vacuous statements.  This kind of trolling does nothing for defending any position, in fact, it shows how inferior your position is.  Someone who acts in a self defeating, or otherwise helping the opposing view, is the classic definition of the previously mentioned adjective.  

You are a very poor apologist, and we both agree that people should read the bible very carefully.  People should either take it all literally, or all figuratively, any picking and choosing is just a subjective interpretation and not intellectually honest.  By the way, I'm sure that someone that has dedicated as much time to studying atheism as you have would have a better understanding of the word, or at least how to spell the word.

Oh, and pointing out people like you makes me happy Smiling  

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
Posts: 143
Joined: 2009-01-03
User is offlineOffline
I am relatively happy

I am relatively happy considering everything that is happening in the world right now.

One of my closest friends is a preacher and he seems happy as well. Even though we are polar opposites on the religious spectrum we are still seemingly equally happy because we are both humans, and happiness is a human emotion.

Happiness is a situational response. Whether it comes from religion, drugs or eating some really good cookies is irrelevant.

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence." - Bertrand Russell

Stewie: Yay and God said to Abraham, "you will kill your son, Issak", and Abraham said, I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."


Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
Posts: 143
Joined: 2009-01-03
User is offlineOffline
And apparently I have been

And apparently I have been gone too long, as Cpt_pineapple now has an atheist tag.


Weston Bortner
atheist
Weston Bortner's picture
Posts: 56
Joined: 2011-06-12
User is offlineOffline
wiseserpent101 wrote:Happy

wiseserpent101 wrote:

Happy Atheism,

 

Dear Atheists are you guys happy? I am just wondering. I have studied Atehism and I have heard you guys have Athiest Churches where you guys talk about your anti-faith in God. I know Christianity is the true religion because I have studied the other world religions. Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, and I am still in the process more about Islam and Buddism among others. I have pretty much nailed down an understanding of Judaism, Hinduism, and Atheism real well and could explain them to you in depth. I have entreanched myself in Christian Study and it has had a phenomenal impact on my life. This is why I recommend others to commit themselves to a life of Study. The Bible is a tree of life for those who grasp it. What case can you guys make for having anti-faith in God? The key to happiness is to be happy but the hypocrite doesn't have this key. Jesus is Lord!

Jon the Apologist

 

What do you mean by happy? Am I satisfied with my life? Do I feel that I am loved by others? That I have all materials that I could want? That I have substantial money? That I have an education? What do you mean? You asked if I was happy then went on a rant about how great Christianity, telling us all the work that you supposedly have done to verify Jesus against all other religions?

Could you please be more specific about happiness? 

Our job on this Earth, is to take care of each other. Something that we have ultimately failed at doing, hence why we are so miserable.


movemens
Posts: 7
Joined: 2011-06-29
User is offlineOffline
Dear Jon,You are welcome to

Dear Jon,

You are welcome to your tree of life and your bible, and your happiness, if it depends on those things. I would just like to point out that "anti-faith in God" is not a very nice thing to say. This is supposed to be a kindly atmosphere in here. Could it be you have some uncomfortable emotions inside that you are looking to project elsewhere? Best of luck with that. Seriously.

 

no label, just myself

 

 

 

 

 

"Love is everywhere, I believe it." John Denver