Organized Religion

wiseserpent101
Posts: 3
Joined: 2011-05-16
User is offlineOffline
Organized Religion

ORGANIZED RELIGIONSo even people who are saying they go against Organized Religion because of bad experiences can still become Magic Show Legalists. By thinking they have escaped the fear tactics of men to live in freedom from Religion they actually fall in to a worse trap. Creating their own agenda. By attempting to escape bondage the improper way of self-preservation. Christ taught the proper way to escape bondage was self-sacrifice. The self-preservation of Legalism is a trap to be avoided. Magic show legalists look to become their own gods without having God rule them. We must submit ourselves to God by being self controlled and under authority of the traditions of men. Performing a magic show is the outcome when a dragon is rising within your soul. This dragon cannot be tamed. It is a wild one turned loose. That dragon is your sin and sin will stop at nothing to make you a slave. Putting on a puppet show of Religion will prevent you from seeking God himself. Pagans are not as free as they think. They can still become crazy legalists about their unbelief. Some people are anti-God and can be very vocal about their contention with the Bible. Christians are trying to reach out to Atheists  so they will repent and not go to Hell. Out of love we Christians want to change the world and we accuse the world of wrongdoing so they will turn to God and be saved in Jesus name

 

Jon the Apologist


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10604
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah.

god created sin, and is therefore sinful, and therefore satan. Have fun with that.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi OP

Hi OP,

Perhaps disorganized religion ought to be their cup of tea.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13594
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
wiseserpent101

wiseserpent101 wrote:

ORGANIZED RELIGIONSo even people who are saying they go against Organized Religion because of bad experiences can still become Magic Show Legalists. By thinking they have escaped the fear tactics of men to live in freedom from Religion they actually fall in to a worse trap. Creating their own agenda. By attempting to escape bondage the improper way of self-preservation. Christ taught the proper way to escape bondage was self-sacrifice. The self-preservation of Legalism is a trap to be avoided. Magic show legalists look to become their own gods without having God rule them. We must submit ourselves to God by being self controlled and under authority of the traditions of men. Performing a magic show is the outcome when a dragon is rising within your soul. This dragon cannot be tamed. It is a wild one turned loose. That dragon is your sin and sin will stop at nothing to make you a slave. Putting on a puppet show of Religion will prevent you from seeking God himself. Pagans are not as free as they think. They can still become crazy legalists about their unbelief. Some people are anti-God and can be very vocal about their contention with the Bible. Christians are trying to reach out to Atheists  so they will repent and not go to Hell. Out of love we Christians want to change the world and we accuse the world of wrongdoing so they will turn to God and be saved in Jesus name

 

Jon the Apologist

Someone already used "blah blah blah".

You want to convince me?

You're going to have the same problem as Muslims and any other invisible friend claimant has.

Before you get to your magic baby claim, and before you get to your magic zombie death claim of Jesus, before you even get to the first word of your holy book, here is what you have to do to convince me.

WITHOUT claiming "who" SHOW me HOW it is empirically possible for a thought to arise from a non-material process.

Your magical invisible super brain claim is no different in human history than any other. I am not impressed with you simply because you give your fictional super hero the name "God" who has a magical son. You could claim that Thor makes lightening and it would mean the same thing.

We really don't care about whatever pseudo "good intent" you claim in wanting to save us.

Save us from what? A fictional utopia and fictional punishment that does not exist? Does the Muslim heaven or hell exist? No, and we don't buy your bribes or threats either.

The only trap that has been set has been set by the people who wrote that book of fiction over 1,000 year period and you fell for it. Do you really think that a baby can be born without a second set of DNA? Do you really think it is possible for human flesh to survive rigor mortis? If you do, I feel sorry for you. You might as well believe the earth to be flat if you are going to fall for such silly ancient superstitions. You might as well believe that the computer you typed this emotional tripe on, is run by pixie dust.

You think I am being mean to you, no. Not at all. Harsh and blunt and blasphemous YES. Absolutely. Because I know that you can live without your myth. I know that there are better things in life to use to measure reality than ANY holy book, not just yours.

We live in an age of computers, cell phones, and can calculate the distance between stars and entire galaxies. We even know what quarks are. We have much better knowledge of the world than the Koran, Bible or Torah or Talmud.

You personally live your life without the myth of Allah or Vishnu and I know that you can live without the superstition of magic babies as well. Wanting a super hero to exist has a strong emotional appeal, but it does not make fictional beings real, no matter how much the person wants that being to be real.

The ancient Egyptians wanted so badly to believe that the sun itself was a god, a thinking being, we know now that that was not true. I do not see you doing anything differently in making the same mistake of falling for an emotional hero story, any more than they did.

You can do better with your life than to cling to an old story. But no matter what, you are not going to come here and get away with saying "We really want to help you".

No, you don't want to help us. You want to sell us your product, no different than any other religion or any other claimant of invisible friends.

NOW if you chose to stay here, and we don't mind you being here, don't treat us like lost puppies to be saved from the streets. We know damned well what our position is and we are not afraid of defending it. All we ask is that YOU make your case. Dont whine or complain, just make your case without trying to sell us something.

We do not hate you, we have never personally met you. But we do question everything and we will not give your pet claims any special treatment here. If you chose to stay, your claims will get knocked around. If you take our criticism's personally, you will be miserable here. If you have a thick skin, you should do fine. BUT that is up to you. We will not hold your hand here or bow to your insecurities.

Be warned, we are not here to placate your emotions or say "isn't that nice". If you chose to stay make your case, but do not expect us to play nice with your claims. THIS is about your claims, not you. We simply hold the position that YOU got it wrong and we are not going to sugarcoat why we hold that position.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi OP

Hi OP,

The problem with people like problem is that they think they are God. So there is a competition in their mind and they get cranky.

You see, via empiricism they assume their senses are inerrant and infallable. Their experiences are totally perfect via the inference of perception.

Empiricism is the car that drives them into their insanity thinking they are God. Since Christianity is against empiricism, they break down via their circuitry and can't function properly.

The proposition that you made about thought being shown empirically is NON EMPIRICAL you nut. LOL. So explain how you can write things in English via Empiricism if logic is NON EMPIRICAL. Do you have logic with your Ice Tea?

Brian I love you, but you're so stupid sometimes.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13594
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi OP,The

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi OP,

The problem with people like problem is that they think they are God. So there is a competition in their mind and they get cranky.

You see, via empiricism they assume their senses are inerrant and infallable. Their experiences are totally perfect via the inference of perception.

Empiricism is the car that drives them into their insanity thinking they are God. Since Christianity is against empiricism, they break down via their circuitry and can't function properly.

The proposition that you made about thought being shown empirically is NON EMPIRICAL you nut. LOL. So explain how you can write things in English via Empiricism if logic is NON EMPIRICAL. Do you have logic with your Ice Tea?

Brian I love you, but you're so stupid sometimes.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

You forgot the other option. God/s/deities/entities do not exist and humans are not god/s either.

No I do not think of myself as a fictional super hero. Unlike you, I do not think I am special, other than to myself and my family and friends. You on the other hand think you are special because of the fictional super hero you use to threaten the outsiders with. If anyone is behaving like a god, you are.

I live in reality. Gods do not exist and humans are not gods because there is no such thing. How can I be something that is fictional? You might as well accuse me of being Allah or Mickey Mouse. Nope, I am happy being finite. I don't need to pretend to have super powers or have invisible friends to live my life. I am sorry that bothers you, but that is your problem, not mine.

For one who threatens us with their super hero and super villain and uses Japan as a hostage, you have a lot of nerve to accuse me of being god like. I would not want to be your god, the one you peddle is a prick. I am glad your god does not exist. But no, I am not a god either. There is no such thing.

"Japan deserved it and you're next" Nope, don't want to be that god, or any god for that matter and I am glad such a being does not exist. I am quite comfortable knowing that I am a human with no super powers and comfortable knowing that this is it. I am not as self centered as you are.

AND to the OP, Jean is trying to set me up in front of you to make you think I am the bad guy. Yet he goes and starts a thread about the Tsunami and how god allowed it to happen as a warning to us. Get your popcorn bucket out because Jean is going to try to put me on display, not that he can do a good job of it.

He also said he wasn't going to respond to me anymore. Cant count on Jean for anything except being a troll.

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13594
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi OP,The

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi OP,

The problem with people like problem is that they think they are God. So there is a competition in their mind and they get cranky.

You see, via empiricism they assume their senses are inerrant and infallable. Their experiences are totally perfect via the inference of perception.

Empiricism is the car that drives them into their insanity thinking they are God. Since Christianity is against empiricism, they break down via their circuitry and can't function properly.

The proposition that you made about thought being shown empirically is NON EMPIRICAL you nut. LOL. So explain how you can write things in English via Empiricism if logic is NON EMPIRICAL. Do you have logic with your Ice Tea?

Brian I love you, but you're so stupid sometimes.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

No empiricism is why we have cars dip shit. Your petty scare tactic wont work. I find it funny that you bash Empiricism as if it was evil and yet you type on a computer which was born out of empiricism.

The combustion engine, came about even before cars because of OBSERVATION AND TESTING which is what empiricism is.

You are fucking hypocrite. You have no problem using the things empiricism has born out, then turn around and treat science as evil.

If you think science is sooooooo evil, stop using your computer. Next time you get sick, don't go to a doctor.

You are a fucking moron.

"Science bad, atheists bad" sorry, your trying to paint rational people as boogie men wont work. Humans got to the moon because of empiricism and science. Humans were held back because of myth and superstition having to fight it constantly.

You are simply scared that the curtain has been pulled back and that your invisible friend is not needed. Too bad. Science is not evil, nor are the people who defend it.

Stop using your computer if you really believe empiricism is bad and science is evil. Otherwise you are making yourself look like a fool.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10604
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi OP,The

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi OP,

The problem with people like problem is that they think they are God. So there is a competition in their mind and they get cranky.

You see, via empiricism they assume their senses are inerrant and infallable. Their experiences are totally perfect via the inference of perception.

Empiricism is the car that drives them into their insanity thinking they are God. Since Christianity is against empiricism, they break down via their circuitry and can't function properly.

The proposition that you made about thought being shown empirically is NON EMPIRICAL you nut. LOL. So explain how you can write things in English via Empiricism if logic is NON EMPIRICAL. Do you have logic with your Ice Tea?

Brian I love you, but you're so stupid sometimes.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

Blah blah blah part 2.

It's like watching a 150 year old blind guy drive a car. It's only a matter of time before he hits something. Many somethings. Jean hits everything he can. Fortunately it's a bunch of walls, so he's only hurting himself and his own car.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3706
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Magic...Show...Legalists?

Magic...Show...Legalists?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jesus/God offered himself to

Jesus/God offered himself to himself.

1. What did he sacrifice?

2. Who did he help?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5810
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
We go against any 'magical

We go against any 'magical thinking', Christian, Muslim, organized or not, because it has no base in reality,logic, or morality.

The very idea of Gods is against reason and logic.

Christ taught little of substance.

The meaningless empty gesture of the crucifixion scenario is an offence to the very idea of true 'self-sacrifice', especially if you actually believe he was the incarnation of a God. If he was the 'Son of God', then it was an empty show to impress the ignorant. And it did not benefit anyone, least of all those who were the victims of any wrong-doing on the part of the 'forgiven'.

Religion, especially organized religion, makes everyone a slave to its irrational and obnoxious precepts. It is a perversion of true knowledge and morality.

The most obvious craziness is that of anyone taking seriously the confused ramblings of the ignorant writers of the Bible.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology