It's MAGIC!

Louis_Cypher's picture

The basis for Western religion is magic, pure and simple.
The believers never couch it in such terms of course, that would be silly.


The Magic of bronze age savages, slinging blood from the severed throats of birds to cure disease, talking to flaming shrubbery, stopping the sun in its march across the sky so an army can slaughter a few more people.

Their prophet spoke to angels in a cave, flew around on a winged woman-beast and visited hell and heaven. He spoke to ants. Magic.

Their savior got a room full of drunks more intoxicated at the behest of his mom. Spit in the eyes of blind people to cure them, fed a stadium full of people with a loaf of wonderbread and some tuna... In the end, he raised himself from the dead, haunted his followers for a bit then flew off to the skies. Magic.
 

You would think we'd have grown past it by now...

 

Bill Moody

 

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Brian37's picture

 You are such a big meanie

 You are such a big meanie Louis, they have the right to believe bronze age bullshit.

It doesn't matter that motifs of savor heros like Horus and judgment of the dead and curing blindness are much older claims. We also should not point out that Isis/Horus as "mother and child" in the Temple of Luxor is also much older.

Lets not point out that "let us make them in our immage" and Yahweh as a god claim came out of Canaanite polytheism. 

People pass Rx pharmacy symbols every fucking day and most do not realize that the claim of curing blindness in the holy babble wasnt the first time bullshit like that was claimed. Most are ignorant of or deny that the older myth of Thot spitting in the eye of Horus is much older.

 

DONT POINT THAT OUT! Someone might get their feelings hurt.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet's picture

^ Brian drops a bunch of

^ Brian drops a bunch of names and events, as if he has any idea what he's talking about.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

HA this comming from a

HA this comming from a fucking idiot who thinks gods and ghosts as claims should be treated differently despite no evidence for either.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet's picture

^ Brian makes shit up again.

^ Brian makes shit up again.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wik

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgement_%28afterlife%29

Now are you going to stupidly claim like the fans of Abram that their is some sort of McFly Delorion that explains judgment motifs are original to the Hebrews despite the Egyption pantheon and society being much older?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Horus

Humn, funny that Horus is also "rose" "accended".  A symbol of sacrafice and wrath. Seems to be older than the "sacrfice" story of Jesus and the "wrath" of the god of the bible.

An " eye for an eye" which is a OT motif is in the older "Code of Hamarabi" 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi almost 1800 years BCE

First Hebrew language wasn't started untill 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleo-Hebrew_alphabet 1,000 BCE 

Seems to me based on these two enteries the original Hebrews came 700 years or so After THE motif of "revenge" claimed by the polytheists, but funny how BOTH the polytheists and the monotheistic hebrews who came later lived in the same region.

Jewish historians at lest don't deny this, but they work backwords too, they think all the polytheistic gods condemend in the OT mean their new monotheistic god is true. 

NOPE Yahweh was a polytheist lesser god prior and the hebrews merely took that god and made it the one god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Early_History_of_God

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet's picture

Brian37

Brian somehow fails to post a link. Not that it matters, he's just doing the typical strawman/red herring bs he excels at.

Brian37 wrote:
Now are you going to stupidly claim like the fans of Abram that their is some sort of McFly Delorion that explains judgment motifs are original to the Hebrews despite the Egyption pantheon and society being much older?

Like I said, red herrings and strawmen abound.

Brian37 wrote:
Humn, funny that Horus is also "rose" "accended".  A symbol of sacrafice and wrath. Seems to be older than the "sacrfice" story of Jesus and the "wrath" of the god of the bible.

An " eye for an eye" which is a OT motif is in the older "Code of Hamarabi" 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi almost 1800 years BCE

First Hebrew language wasn't started untill 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleo-Hebrew_alphabet 1,000 BCE 

Seems to me based on these two enteries the original Hebrews came 700 years or so After THE motif of "revenge" claimed by the polytheists, but funny how BOTH the polytheists and the monotheistic hebrews who came later lived in the same region.

Jewish historians at lest don't deny this, but they work backwords too, they think all the polytheistic gods condemend in the OT mean their new monotheistic god is true. 

NOPE Yahweh was a polytheist lesser god prior and the hebrews merely took that god and made it the one god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Early_History_of_God

As it turns out, his entire post is nothing more than a giant clusterfuck of strawmen, red herrings, and a continued demonstration of ignorance.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

 NO dumbassYour argument is

 NO dumbass

Your argument is "let them believe what they want"

Me, "NO SHIT!" They can also believe the Yankees won the Superbowl" I'd defy you to show how what Louis's posts are any different than mine outside me using stronger language.

Louis "It's out dated crap"

Me "It' out dated BULLSHIT"

Quote:
Canaanite religion was strongly influenced by their more powerful and populous neighbors, and shows clear influence ofMesopotamian and Egyptian religious practices. Like other people of the Ancient Near East Canaanite religious beliefs werepolytheistic, with families typically focusing worship on ancestral household gods and goddesses, the Elohim, while acknowledging the existence of other deities such as Baal and El, Asherah and Astarte.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaanite_religion

 

You "It lead to what we have today"

Me " NO FUCKING SHIT"

So did the Greeks and Romans, but no one in America is trying to claim our country is a "Apollo Nation".

Still not a good reason to cling to old bulllshit.

 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet's picture

Brian37 wrote:NO

Brian37 wrote:
NO dumbass

Brian thinks denying fact changes fact. But Brian is wrong.

Brian37 wrote:
Your argument is "let them believe what they want"

Brian just keeps lying again and again and again and again.

Brian37 wrote:
Me, "NO SHIT!" They can also believe the Yankees won the Superbowl"

Strawmen abound, courtesy of Brian. The only position Brian can argue against is the one he made up.

Brian37 wrote:
Louis "It's out dated crap"

Me "It' out dated BULLSHIT"

Brian drops another red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
You "It lead to what we have today"

Me " NO FUCKING SHIT"

So did the Greeks and Romans, but no one in America is trying to claim our country is a "Apollo Nation".

Still not a good reason to cling to old bulllshit.

Brian keeps making strawmen as if they were going out of style.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
NO dumbass
Brian thinks denying fact changes fact. But Brian is wrong.
Brian37 wrote:
Your argument is "let them believe what they want"
Brian just keeps lying again and again and again and again.
Brian37 wrote:
Me, "NO SHIT!" They can also believe the Yankees won the Superbowl"
Strawmen abound, courtesy of Brian. The only position Brian can argue against is the one he made up.
Brian37 wrote:
Louis "It's out dated crap" Me "It' out dated BULLSHIT"
Brian drops another red herring.
Brian37 wrote:
You "It lead to what we have today" Me " NO FUCKING SHIT" So did the Greeks and Romans, but no one in America is trying to claim our country is a "Apollo Nation". Still not a good reason to cling to old bulllshit.
Brian keeps making strawmen as if they were going out of style.

No strawman at all.

The book was written by ignorant men who had no clue of the nature of reality. The book was written for the people back then and bares no reflection of our current knowledge of science or evolutionary human behavior. 

Otherwise why the fuck are you even engauging JesusLovesYou in the other thread?

It is a violent book and it is written the way it is because BACK THEN our species depended much more on supporting the group because group survival was falsely attributed to the divine. The God was the ultimate king, the ultimate fuedal figurehead as a literarry character. He was written like that because thats what a king is, a dictator, who at best treats the outsider as a pet, but most of the time squashes dissent of the rival tribe and does so in brutal fassion either himself, or through his gang minions.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet's picture

Brian37 wrote:No strawman at

Brian37 wrote:
No strawman at all.

Brian lies.

Brian37 wrote:
The book was written by ignorant men who had no clue of the nature of reality. The book was written for the people back then and bares no reflection of our current knowledge of science or evolutionary human behavior. 

In an incredibly rare moment, Brian says something accurate. Even a broken clock is correct for 2 minutes out of.1440 minutes.

Brian37 wrote:
Otherwise why the fuck are you even engauging JesusLovesYou in the other thread?

Brian fails to realise I stopped engaging the poe the moment he revealed himself to be a poe.

Brian37 wrote:
It is a violent book and it is written the way it is because BACK THEN our species depended much more on supporting the group because group survival was falsely attributed to the divine. The God was the ultimate king, the ultimate fuedal figurehead as a literarry character. He was written like that because thats what a king is, a dictator, who at best treats the outsider as a pet, but most of the time squashes dissent of the rival tribe and does so in brutal fassion either himself, or through his gang minions.

And Brian's 2 minutes are up. Shame he wasted them on something noone was discussing.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
No strawman at all.
Brian lies.
Brian37 wrote:
The book was written by ignorant men who had no clue of the nature of reality. The book was written for the people back then and bares no reflection of our current knowledge of science or evolutionary human behavior. 
In an incredibly rare moment, Brian says something accurate. Even a broken clock is correct for 2 minutes out of.1440 minutes.
Brian37 wrote:
Otherwise why the fuck are you even engauging JesusLovesYou in the other thread?
Brian fails to realise I stopped engaging the poe the moment he revealed himself to be a poe.
Brian37 wrote:
It is a violent book and it is written the way it is because BACK THEN our species depended much more on supporting the group because group survival was falsely attributed to the divine. The God was the ultimate king, the ultimate fuedal figurehead as a literarry character. He was written like that because thats what a king is, a dictator, who at best treats the outsider as a pet, but most of the time squashes dissent of the rival tribe and does so in brutal fassion either himself, or through his gang minions.
And Brian's 2 minutes are up. Shame he wasted them on something noone was discussing.

Nope, you stupedly don't like me skipping the dance by cutting to the chase.

You know as well as I do it is an old comic book. It doesn't take long winded bullshit to state the obvious.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet's picture

Brian37 wrote:Nope, you

Brian37 wrote:
Nope, you stupedly don't like me skipping the dance by cutting to the chase.

You know as well as I do it is an old comic book. It doesn't take long winded bullshit to state the obvious.

Brian lies and demonstrates his martyr complex.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Nope, you stupedly don't like me skipping the dance by cutting to the chase. You know as well as I do it is an old comic book. It doesn't take long winded bullshit to state the obvious.
Brian lies and demonstrates his martyr complex.

You are so full of shit. 

I die you die, we both die.

Not playing mayrtyer fuckwad.

My "objection" isn't to that you call me names. If we both got to murder each other becasause we disagree, both of us could think of reasons we' prefure the other not open their mouth.

You have and I have, and it shocks nobody here that there is no loveloss.

You are simply a fucking crybaby.

You don't like me and I dont like you. And?

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet's picture

Brian37 wrote:You are so

Brian37 wrote:
You are so full of shit. 

Brian projects his being absolutely full of shit.

Brian37 wrote:
I die you die, we both die.

Brian posts a red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
Not playing mayrtyer fuckwad.

Brian lies.

Brian37 wrote:
My "objection" isn't to that you call me names.

Brian lies again. Ironically, he is doing 99% of the name calling.

Brian37 wrote:
If we both got to murder each other becasause we disagree, both of us could think of reasons we' prefure the other not open their mouth.

A non-sensical sentence. If Brian is saying what he appears to be saying (that if we were able to kill each other without consequence we would both shut up), then Brian is wrong. I wouldn't hesitate to kill him, because I know that he would try to kill me if I didn't. He's already called for the elimination of all theists, he stalks people and yells insults at them for reasons he makes up as he goes, and he wants to create a cult. Brian is quite dangerous, and my self preservation instincts would force me to kill him before he could kill me.

Brian37 wrote:
You have and I have, and it shocks nobody here that there is no loveloss.

The difference being that I don't call for eliminating people. Brian has.

Brian37 wrote:
You are simply a fucking crybaby.

Brian is a crybaby.

Brian37 wrote:
You don't like me and I dont like you. And?

Brian is a moron.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

 CALL THE POLICE, NO BETTER

 CALL THE POLICE, NO BETTER YET, START A WAR, kill anyone who calls me a moron! Oh wait, someone called me a name and I am still alive. Thats life asshole..  You like me renting space in your head? This is sport for me bud. 

Sorry it bothers others in the world don't blindly kiss your ass. Would be nice if more of the world left it at words and considered blasphemy and cussing a back burner issue. Keep spinning your wheels dumbass.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

danatemporary's picture

Photoshop, Bri ! CARE to shut up just about now Secret keeper !

^

   Oh heaven for offense,  that anyone on this site should use any religious image(s) in any manner whatsoever, says the consummate / polished of all ''dumbazzes''.  How are you, oh, we dare not!! You've proven that symbolic images never were your strong point, when some compartmentalize these specifically religious images to only a single meaning.   In a word  ''Photoshop'',  so you might want to shut up just about now ..  Secret keeper !! If you could get past your narrow view on EVERYTHING, then everyone would conclude their deliberations, about my images. If you could even follow what was being said, how foolish is your stupid remarks you cannot help but dispense this stuff on a daily basis.   Jean and Fonzie have nothing on your classic continual engaging of  mouth instead of seeking understanding. If It helps  IT IS NOT IN ANYWAY EVER WRITTEN TO YOU BRI-BRI, anymore (*Shock*) !!

 

  (?) So, The  Legend(s) of Zelda  is occultic ?  I was unware of that !

Vastet's picture

Brian37 wrote: CALL THE

Brian37 wrote:

 CALL THE POLICE, NO BETTER YET, START A WAR, kill anyone who calls me a moron!

Brian proves my point.

Brian37 wrote:
Oh wait, someone called me a name and I am still alive.

If name calling could kill, Brian would have killed everyone on Earth years ago.

Brian37 wrote:
Thats life asshole..

Another idiotic statement from the resident brainless moron.

Brian37 wrote:
You like me renting space in your head? This is sport for me bud.

Brian fails to realise that I'm in his head and I'm in there for free.

Brian37 wrote:
Sorry it bothers others in the world don't blindly kiss your ass.

Brian is still too stupid to understand why everyone is against him.

Brian37 wrote:
Would be nice if more of the world left it at words and considered blasphemy and cussing a back burner issue.

And again.

Brian37 wrote:
Keep spinning your wheels dumbass.

Brian describes himself.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.