I'm concerned about the future of humanity

I'm increasingly concerned about the underwhelming steps we've taken to mitigate the risk of climate change.  We know that the fossil fuel industry owns the votes of many politicians by means of lobbying/bribery.  These politicians have sold out life on Earth in exchange for funds that ensure they stay in power. 

On November 6th we have a chance to elect candidates that are vocal about the threat of climate change and have plans to reduce the catastrophic impacts we will face if we don't do abundantly more.  This year I donated more to democratic candidates than all other elections combined in my life.  With the election of anti-EPA Trump we have taken a sad turn towards human extinction and it's imperative that we step up now before we spiral even further to our doom.  I isolated 80 races around America in which a donation can make a meaningful impact in the outcome of the race and I created an Act Blue fundraiser.  Please donate through this page and share the link on your social media sites to help encourage voters to elect leaders that value human life.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/climatedems

As a father, it's my job to ensure that my son has a livable earth throughout his life.  As a human, it's my duty to leave the planet better than I found it.  Please join me.

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.

Brian Fitzpatrick

ProzacDeathWish's picture

 Although I'm perfectly

 Although I'm perfectly happy for humanity to go the way of the Dodo bird I don't see how voting for Democrats is going to make the least amount of difference when China is probably the worlds worst polluter. I'm sure China will act in it's own best interest ( as they perceive it ) and the rest of the world can kiss their collective ass.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.

Vastet's picture

And yet, China is devoting a

And yet, China is devoting a lot more resources to turning to clean technology than most countries.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish's picture

 Yeah, I'm reading some

 Yeah, I'm reading some conflicting reports about the level of polution around China's cities. I discovered that they indeed began a program to reduce their horrific levels of pollution, especially with regards to coal but then I found a Wiki article that listed the worst polluted cities around the world as of 2016. India was tops in that category yet China was right behind them.

I'm on a smart phone so I can't link the article but the title was referencing the levels of particulate matter across the world's cities.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.

EXC's picture

 So concerned yet noone can

 So concerned yet noone can talk about the obvious fact that there are just too many people. More people equals more carbon footprint. Immigration from poor countries to rich means more carbon in the atmosphere. Whenever a species overstesses an ecosystem with overpopulation, some force will work to reduce that population. Why must we pretend that humans are somehow different?

Conservation and 'going green' are only band aids. If we reduce carbon per person, population increases will quickly erase any gains from these. And as usual, the working class will bear all the burden of going green, while the rich will get richer with things like government subsidies for business and carbon taxes.

We are not doing the environment, children or anyone a favor by letting people that have no business with any children having as many as they please. Since the advent of birth control, responsible people have few kids, irrestponsible have as many as they please. And government now does nothing but subsidize and encourage this situation. So expect everthing humanity touches to go to hell.

If we had a culture and government that emphisized science and engineering to solve big problems, we could build carbon sequestration systems and space based solar energy reflectors. But the USA can't even put a rocket into orbit anymore. NASA's biggest priority is a 'diverse' workforce, not building anything. All resourses must be pored into the welfare state, which creates more dependency.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:And yet, China

Vastet wrote:

And yet, China is devoting a lot more resources to turning to clean technology than most countries.

Thanks to the one child policy. An overpopulated shithole doesn't have resources to do shit.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

 Yeah, I'm reading some conflicting reports about the level of polution around China's cities. I discovered that they indeed began a program to reduce their horrific levels of pollution, especially with regards to coal but then I found a Wiki article that listed the worst polluted cities around the world as of 2016. India was tops in that category yet China was right behind them.

I'm on a smart phone so I can't link the article but the title was referencing the levels of particulate matter across the world's cities.

China, from what I've seen, seems to be at about the same stage the UK was in the 1900's when London was smog central and the people got fed up. It's not something they can or will change overnight, but it is a clear issue of significance for them. I would estimate it'll take them about 10-20 years to get the worst of it under control. But if they do keep on the path of clean technology, once that 20 years is over, China will be one of the best places in the world to live. At least as far as this subject is concerned.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

 Everything EXC says is a

 Everything EXC says is a lie.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote: Everything

Vastet wrote:

 Everything EXC says is a lie.

Well why the fuck is your only response to call me liar? If you really believe there is no such thing as overpopulation, why not tell the city planners in Canada where exactly to build housing and highways so the country can bring in millions more refugees.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKCN1GC0KY-OCATP

Why are you critisizing me there is supposedly massive amounts of land for all these people but the mean city planners won't give working people a nice place to live and a short commute to work. You are the same a religious nuts, you know your beliefs are bullshit but your indoctrination requires you to viciously attack anyone that states the obvious truth.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

Because that is exactly what

Because that is exactly what you are; A LIAR.

What city planners will or will not do has absolutely 0 bearing on whether there is overpopulation.

Everything EXC says is a lie.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish's picture

  I  do actually believe

  I  do actually believe we're overpopulated but unlike Sapient I would embrace the extinction of mankind. Humans are vile creatures who's value is highly overestimated.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:Because that is

Vastet wrote:
Because that is exactly what you are; A LIAR. What city planners will or will not do has absolutely 0 bearing on whether there is overpopulation. Everything EXC says is a lie.

The city planners in Toronto can't find a place to build affordable housing, homeless sheters, roads, etc... You claim there is no problem with too many people/not enough land. So why don't you tell them where to build? You have the solution, just tell them there is pleaty of cheap, environmentally friendly places to build. Are you some type of sociopath that doesn't want to share your great enlightenment with these unenlighted city planners that say there is no place for more people?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

EXC's picture

ProzacDeathWish wrote:  I 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  I  do actually believe we're overpopulated but unlike Sapient I would embrace the extinction of mankind. Humans are vile creatures who's value is highly overestimated.

We've evolved to be highly rational when it comes to building technology like cars and weapons of war. But most are still highly irrational when it comes to religion and politics. So we are probably doomed. Just another one on the ash-heap of extinct species.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

EXC wrote:Vastet

EXC wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Because that is exactly what you are; A LIAR. What city planners will or will not do has absolutely 0 bearing on whether there is overpopulation. Everything EXC says is a lie.

The city planners in Toronto can't find a place to build affordable housing, homeless sheters, roads, etc... You claim there is no problem with too many people/not enough land. So why don't you tell them where to build? You have the solution, just tell them there is pleaty of cheap, environmentally friendly places to build. Are you some type of sociopath that doesn't want to share your great enlightenment with these unenlighted city planners that say there is no place for more people?

Everything EXC says is a lie. Ontario is 90% undeveloped. Plenty of room. I don't have to tell anyone, EXC is the only retard who insists reality isn't real.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet's picture

EXC wrote:ProzacDeathWish

EXC wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  I  do actually believe we're overpopulated but unlike Sapient I would embrace the extinction of mankind. Humans are vile creatures who's value is highly overestimated.

We've evolved to be highly rational when it comes to building technology like cars and weapons of war. But most are still highly irrational when it comes to religion and politics. So we are probably doomed. Just another one on the ash-heap of extinct species.

Like you. Completely irrational on politics.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote: Everything

Vastet wrote:

Ontario is 90% undeveloped. Plenty of room.

And what exactly would it do to the carbon footprint if it did become developed? How about the environment? But people now must suffer because it is not developed enough to live there. You don't care about human suffering just your irrational social justice causes that billionares have indoctrinated into you. The result is taxes, high housing costs that all end up in their pockets. And pleaty of cheap immigrant labor to serve them.

There are no jobs in the 90%, so how do people live there? You let population get ahead of infrastructure to support them. For now, people are force to commute 4 hours a day because there is no affordable housing nearby jobs. And then tell us how bad carbon pollution has become for the plantet.

And if it ever was 100% developed? Then no more people? How cruel of you. We need to pack 100 people into tiny houses, there is always more room. Anyone who objects is a racist xenophobe.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

 If idiots like you weren't

 If idiots like you weren't involved and efforts were actually made to develop it with environment in mind then the carbon footprint and environment would be relatively unimpacted.

I'm not the one who has built human society retard. You don't get to blame the ills of society on me. If you were in charge there wouldn't be any environment and all life on earth would be dead, so you suggesting anyone else is doing something wrong is hillarious.

With housing comes jobs automatically. If you had even a single brain cell you'd know that jobs are created when new places are developed. First because people need to build the new places. That's jobs right there. Jobs before there is even homes.

Further, the human population would never reach the point that all of Canada would be developed. Never come close to 20%. There is no such thing as overpopulation for the human species. We and the environment both make sure of that.

Everything EXC says is a lie.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:With housing

Vastet wrote:

With housing comes jobs automatically. If you had even a single brain cell you'd know that jobs are created when new places are developed. First because people need to build the new places. That's jobs right there. Jobs before there is even homes.

To do that development economically would me a huge carbon footprint, cutting down forests. Libtard propaganda is that 'green' development isn't done just because of mean capitalists want to destroy the planet. So how does that get housing for the poor and middle class if I don't believe in the fantasy of cheap green lifestyles? And when you put homes in the hinterlands, that is a lot more driving to get anywhere. Where do these people work?

Also, libtards don't really like construction workers. They want to tax the shit out of men that work in construction and engineering to pay for all the libtard welfare/education programs. Go to any liberal college, any training in construction? No, they teach one to become activists for social justice because they are too damn lazy to ever pick up a hammer.

Vastet wrote:

Further, the human population would never reach the point that all of Canada would be developed. Never come close to 20%. 

The same was once said about USA. Now we have a massive housing and homeless crisis due to lack of land available for development.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

EXC wrote:To do that

EXC wrote:
To do that development economically would me a huge carbon footprint, cutting down forests.

Everything EXC says is a lie. First, no forests need be cut down. Second, if done correctly, the developed area would actually decrease the footprint not increase it. I'd explain how but you have consistently proven you can't remember new information contrary to your religion for more than a couple of days, so it would be a waste of time.

EXC wrote:
Libtard propaganda is that 'green' development isn't done just because of mean capitalists want to destroy the planet.

Everything EXC says is a lie. Green development doesn't happen as often as it should in part because people are cheap, but also because people are lazy and poorly educated.

EXC wrote:
So how does that get housing for the poor and middle class if I don't believe in the fantasy of cheap green lifestyles?

Everything EXC says is a lie. It's easy to build housing. You're just too stupid to understand economics and housing in general.

EXC wrote:
And when you put homes in the hinterlands, that is a lot more driving to get anywhere.

People only drive a lot when they have to or it's recreational.

EXC wrote:
Where do these people work?

Where does anyone anywhere work? Retard.

EXC wrote:
Also, libtards don't really like construction workers.

Everything EXC says is a lie. Conservatives don't like construction workers. They constantly complain they're always just standing around and should all be fired.

EXC wrote:
They want to tax the shit out of men that work in construction and engineering to pay for all the libtard welfare/education programs.

Everything EXC says is a lie. Taxes are universal above poverty, and construction workers wouldn't have work without taxes either. Also they'd be multiple times more likely to be injured or killed with no restitution. Finally, taxes don't hurt them nearly as much as housing does. The cost of housing has skyrocketed while taxes and wages are not much different from 50 years ago.

EXC wrote:
Go to any liberal college, any training in construction? No, they teach one to become activists for social justice because they are too damn lazy to ever pick up a hammer.

Because everything EXC says is a lie, I don't have to bother looking this up to know it's a lie.

EXC wrote:
The same was once said about USA. Now we have a massive housing and homeless crisis due to lack of land available for development.

Everything EXC says is a lie. Your crises have nothing to do with the number of people in your population. You also have plenty of room. More than 90% of the US is undeveloped.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:Green

Vastet wrote:

Green development doesn't happen as often as it should in part because people are cheap, but also because people are lazy and poorly educated.

Yet you support allowing people that are lazy and poorly educated have as many kids on my dime as they please. Is that sustainable?

Vastet wrote:

 You also have plenty of room. More than 90% of the US is undeveloped.

So just destroy farmland and drive up food prices. Destroy habitat and the environment, got to keep continually keep increasing population until small planet just looks like a subway car at rush hour.

https://modernfarmer.com/2018/05/10-numbers-that-show-how-much-farmland-were-losing-to-development/

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

EXC wrote:Vastet wrote:Green

EXC wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Green development doesn't happen as often as it should in part because people are cheap, but also because people are lazy and poorly educated.

Yet you support allowing people that are lazy and poorly educated have as many kids on my dime as they please. Is that sustainable?

Since it's fictional it's irrelevant. The population growth of the US and Canada both is in the negatives. If not for immigration we would have fewer people in our countries today than 20 years ago. So obviously the poor and uneducated aren't having sufficient numbers of children to affect you at all on the tax front. Unfortunately for you, they aren't having enough kids to sustain social security, so you don't have to pay as much taxes but you also won't get a pension.

EXC wrote:
Vastet wrote:

 You also have plenty of room. More than 90% of the US is undeveloped.

So just destroy farmland and drive up food prices. Destroy habitat and the environment, got to keep continually keep increasing population until small planet just looks like a subway car at rush hour.

https://modernfarmer.com/2018/05/10-numbers-that-show-how-much-farmland-were-losing-to-development/

Farmland only accounts for 6% of the entire US. Farmland and population combined don't take up 20% of the US landmass. Everything EXC says is a lie.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:but you also

Vastet wrote:

but you also won't get a pension.

No matter what happened, I never counted on something set up like a Ponzi scheme to pay anything.

 

Vastet wrote:

 

Farmland only accounts for 6% of the entire US. Farmland and population combined don't take up 20% of the US landmass. Everything EXC says is a lie.

I knew that was a BS statistic. The real number is over 40%.

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Publications/Highlights/2014/Highlights_Farms_and_Farmland.pdf

The land that is not farmed or developed for industrial use is either unsuitable for farming(desert, Alaska) or conserved for the environment. Increasing population means less farmland/higher food prices.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

 So it is apparently.

 So it is apparently. Clearly the document I read was as much BS as you usually are. I guess it's not surprising considering it was a conservative source. However you're still a liar. The US exports a significant amount of food and it does not have any efficiency in the food it grows. A large percentage of American crop land is devoted to useless and land stripping crops like soy. Fix your farming and you'll have a lot more food to go around.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote: So it is

Vastet wrote:

 So it is apparently. Clearly the document I read was as much BS as you usually are. I guess it's not surprising considering it was a conservative source. However you're still a liar. The US exports a significant amount of food and it does not have any efficiency in the food it grows. A large percentage of American crop land is devoted to useless and land stripping crops like soy. Fix your farming and you'll have a lot more food to go around.

Huh??? Did you see this was a .gov website? This is USDA government agency when Mr. Identy Politics was president, so how could it be biased? Your theory is that there are tons of land suitable for farming in US and Canada, so why haven't greedy capitalists exploited it yet? Either the land is not good for farming or capitalists aren't all that greedy.

 

Making farming more land/water efficient requires a lot of hard work and capital. Remember your libtard indoctrination: Reward hard work and investment with high taxes, reward laziness with welfare, this is how we make social justice. So farming will remain highly inefficient.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

EXC wrote:Vastet wrote: So

EXC wrote:

Vastet wrote:

 So it is apparently. Clearly the document I read was as much BS as you usually are. I guess it's not surprising considering it was a conservative source. However you're still a liar. The US exports a significant amount of food and it does not have any efficiency in the food it grows. A large percentage of American crop land is devoted to useless and land stripping crops like soy. Fix your farming and you'll have a lot more food to go around.

Huh??? Did you see this was a .gov website? This is USDA government agency when Mr. Identy Politics was president, so how could it be biased?

 

You really are a brainless shit.

EXC wrote:

Your theory is that there are tons of land suitable for farming in US and Canada, so why haven't greedy capitalists exploited it yet? Either the land is not good for farming or capitalists aren't all that greedy.

Or there isn't sufficient demand. But you're too stupid to think of any economic reasoning.

 

EXC wrote:
Making farming more land/water efficient requires a lot of hard work and capital. Remember your libtard indoctrination: Reward hard work and investment with high taxes, reward laziness with welfare, this is how we make social justice. So farming will remain highly inefficient.

Everything EXC says is a lie. Remember your conservatard indoctrination. Everything the government does can be done for free if only the evil government is removed. Reward laziness with welfare and taxcuts. Punish workers with high taxes and high living expenses and low wages. If they complain they aren't getting paid enough despite working 100 hours a week, throw them in jail until they can pay to get out. 

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

Vastet wrote:You really are

Vastet wrote:

You really are a brainless shit.

I'll take that as that you know I'm correct, but just like a theist your cognitive dissonance doesn't permit you to ever admit that obvious fact. So resort to ad hominem.

Vastet wrote:

Remember your conservatard indoctrination. 

When I debate conservatives, they think I'm a communist or socialist. When a rational person debates irrational people they are automatically going to think you are the enemy if you disagree. Same as religion, atheists are hated by all religious groups, to much of a threat to the scam.

So where is there conservative indoctrination that we need mandatory birth control, abolition of land and water rights?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet's picture

EXC wrote:Vastet wrote:You

EXC wrote:

Vastet wrote:

You really are a brainless shit.

I'll take that as that you know I'm correct, but just like a theist your cognitive dissonance doesn't permit you to ever admit that obvious fact. So resort to ad hominem.

EXC is so brainless he doesn't know he's shooting down his own argument. Typical religious zealot who can't comprehend basic English nor utilize logic in any way.

EXC wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Remember your conservatard indoctrination. 

When I debate conservatives, they think I'm a communist or socialist.

Everything EXC says is a lie.

EXC wrote:
When a rational person debates irrational people they are automatically going to think you are the enemy if you disagree. Same as religion, atheists are hated by all religious groups, to much of a threat to the scam.

So where is there conservative indoctrination that we need mandatory birth control, abolition of land and water rights?

The same place my support of leftist idiots is, retard. Too bad you're too stupid to understand you're guilty of exactly what you accuse me of. If you were ever to miraculously grow a brain cell and become capable of comprehending the most simple and basic aspects of communication and logic, maybe you'd stop making baseless accusations and assertions which are grounded only in fantasy. Until such time as that happens, I'm free to accuse you of whatever I like, regardless of evidence, because you do exactly that to me. If you don't like it, try being honest for a change. Too bad everything EXC says is a lie.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC's picture

ad hominem ad nauseam 

ad hominem ad nauseam

 

Vastet's picture

 Projection.

 Projection.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.