Good bye friend

digitalbeachbum's picture

I got a call from your wife today. At first I thought it was you letting me know you were out of the hospital, but when I found it was her calling I knew the worst had happened.

I tried to contact you when I heard you were in the hospital, but they didnt have you on the list. I thought you had gotten better and gone home. I figured that I would get to see you again, sitting on your back porch, trimming bonsai and complaining about Obama. Ha-ha!

I got busy with work as we all seem to do and the moment to talk to you one last time slipped away. Those moments slipped away several times over the last eight days and I didn't know how bad things were. I think you knew then the cancer had won the last time I saw you, but you didnt say anything. I think you didnt want a long sappy good bye.

It's strange really. I've only known you for a few years but it feels like Ive known you for longer. Knowing you are gone now seems to have hit me harder than when my grandmother died, which is the strange part. Maybe it was because I still had so much to learn from you. You were a master of your art and every time I hung out at your house I learned something new about bonsai.

What was it you were trying to tell me before you left? I am tearing myself up inside thinking that you had one last lesson for me, but I was too damn busy to put a little more effort in contacting you. So many other things I wanted to say to you. So many thoughts and so few words.

I will miss you. Thank you for sharing with me your knowledge of bonsai and life. I know that our time together was limited, but you were a great mentor and friend and I will always be grateful for what I have learned.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams

digitalbeachbum's picture

Cancer is a shitty thing.

Cancer is a shitty thing.

Atheistextremist's picture

Hey, Dig.

 

Take care, mate. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

digitalbeachbum's picture

Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

Take care, mate. 

My friend has been in my mind all day today telling me to "fuck off". That's what he would have said to any one who got teary-eyed over him.

Usually I'd say something stupid and then he would say "shut the fuck up" and laugh at me. Then I'd say, "no, that's really how I feel". Then he would say, "Know how I feel about that? fuck off! <chuckles>"

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams

Jean Chauvin's picture

Hi

Hi,

Stephan Hawkings and I say you're wrong. Hawking being a Rationalists. Ignorante mute. You're like a dog chasing after its own chair on this experience issue despite my refutations that has killed this as a possibility.

Though instead of being intelligent about it and think through the logical criticisms and if it's possible, you accept experience/empiricism on blind faith making you narrow minded and hypocritical.

Regarding the friend that died. Assuming he was a wannabe atheist the pain of cancer was a beach vacation comparred to the hell he woke up in with eternal torture.

Be sure to thank you mentor when you see him in hell as the demons bite into you.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

digitalbeachbum's picture

Damn I thought Jean was

Damn I thought Jean was dead. There goes 2013.. right down the drain.

harleysportster's picture

Sorry to hear

Sorry to hear about it Digital.

Vastet's picture

digitalbeachbum wrote:Damn I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Damn I thought Jean was dead. There goes 2013.. right down the drain.

Nah he needed a break to recharge his stupidity.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

harleysportster's picture

Vastet wrote:digitalbeachbum

Vastet wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Damn I thought Jean was dead. There goes 2013.. right down the drain.

Nah he needed a break to recharge his stupidity.

It is a shame that stupidity is not painful. However, any shred of even being able to be more than just a sore on the ass of humanity, is long past for him. I think that I'll just continue ignoring.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum's picture

harleysportster wrote:Vastet

harleysportster wrote:

Vastet wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Damn I thought Jean was dead. There goes 2013.. right down the drain.

Nah he needed a break to recharge his stupidity.

It is a shame that stupidity is not painful. However, any shred of even being able to be more than just a sore on the ass of humanity, is long past for him. I think that I'll just continue ignoring.

Who are we ignoring again? I completely forgot already. Some one insignificant I assume. Must be if I already forgot her name.

 

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams