how a black hole work?

Brainstorm
User is offlineOffline
how a black hole work?

Can energy or matter  be created or destroyed?
1st law of thermodynamics.
Energy can be neither created nor destroyed...
so how the big bang created this hot explosion?  

something have to be there to start with
the universe or the big bang ...

what happen to the energy trapped in a black hole? 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
This is NOT going to end

This is NOT going to end well.

*grabs lawn chair and popcorn*

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Now for the

Now for the fun.

Brainstorm wrote:
Can energy or matter be created or destroyed?
1st law of thermodynamics.
Energy can be neither created nor destroyed...
so how the big bang created this hot explosion?

something have to be there to start with
the universe or the big bang ...

Stop right there! (I love how the avatar adds to this statement)

The Big Bang is within physics. Via false vacuum collapse and quantum flucuations.

Quantum fluctuations are allowed due to the Heinsburg uncertainty principle. This could manifest and cause a false vacuum collapse breaking symmetry. 

Quote:

We don't  know, but it could be transported via Einstie-Rosen bridges to other parts of the universe or even other universes.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Um... I'm probably wasting

Um... I'm probably wasting precious energy making my fingers move to type this, but if you're interested, here's a great big post with lots of science words. Maybe you will read it.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/common_cosmological_misconceptions

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
To cure you of your tragic

To cure you of your tragic ignorance, sir OP, I kindly present you with another long article with many big scientific words. This one was personally written by me and I am proud to present it to you. In the unlikely event that you figure out how to click on the link, perhaps you will read it:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/the_absurdity_of_the_cosmological_argument

Wait...perhaps you should learn to read and write first. What you are doing now could only be described as savagely ripping chunks out of the beautiful English language.

This is an excellent book, by the way:

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brainstorm wrote: what

Brainstorm wrote:

well, it's trapped, isn't it?

But I'm not an expert on black holes 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello, Energy cannot be

Hello,
Energy cannot be created and destroyed, this is what the 1st Law states.  Matter, however, can be created and destroyed.  Matter contains mass, which is a form of energy.  The energy changes forms, but cannot be disappear.  I think, however, that your first question is based off of a misunderstanding of the Big Bang — it would seem you believe that there was 'nothing' in the beginning, and then a 'bang' occured, and then there was 'something'; in other words, energy would appear to have been created.  This is not the case though.
I think it will help to verify where you are getting your error from.  You see the universe expanding, you extrapolate that backwards, and run into a singularity, am I correct?  Most people do the same thing; they apply relativity (as Friedmann and LeMaitre did when they first formulated the Big Bang Theory some 80-90 years ago), but they take it too far.  During the very early stages of the universe (pre-Planck epoch), relativity alone simply does not work.  The mathematics which describe a smooth spacetime run into an era of quantum dominance.  However, quantum mechanics alone does not help here either; as the mass present during this early stage was enormous and something best handled by relativity.  What am I saying here?  That neither relativity nor quantum mechanics ALONE can handle this early era; we need a theory of Quantum Gravity.
Quantum gravity tells us (from preliminary looks at the various theories, be it LQG (of which I am most fond) or String Theory.) that the universe existed prior to what classically (that is, what relativity tells us) would be T=0.  There is no "beginning" of time.  Only a transition from one phase to another, an oscillation so to speak.  This was simply masked by our incomplete mathematics and physics.  Once we developed a theory that could encompass both, we are able to see further.  The Big Bang did not create energy, and in fact, it was energy already present within the universe that gave rise to the Big Bang.  For further reading I highly suggest Rudiger Vaas' article The Inverted Big Bang, in which he not only talks about findings in quantum gravity, but tells us exactly what gave rise to the Big Bang in Loop Quantum Gravity (the LQG i spoke of earlier).
In regards to your other question about the energy trapped in a black hole, there are lots of competing ideas about this.  Some of the energy is returned to us in the form of Hawking Radiation.  This phenomenon is a vacuum fluctuation occuring near the black holes event horizon.  Essentially, the energy from one of the particle pairs being shot into the black hole allows the other particle to quantum tunnel out of the black hole, violating classical mechanics — but perfectly in line with quantum mechanics.  Also, quantum gravity is applicable here as well, because again, relativity gives us the impossible singularity.  Loop Quantum Gravity tells us that the space inside a blackhole's event horizon essentially seals itself off and spawns a new universe, much like we see in chaotic inflation.  The energy never disappears or gets destroyed though.
I'm sorry for the length but I hope this helped.