What happened to the Dinos??

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
Posts: 358
Joined: 2007-02-12
User is offlineOffline
What happened to the Dinos??

I have not heard of how the Creationists explain the death of the dinos.

If they were on the Ark how did they die and why did only they die? How come not other species and other reptiles or large animals. Why were they singled out and why such a range of species singled out?? Obviously it wasn't a meteor.

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
object width="425"

 

[edit:removed excess text] 


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
But, seriously, I think

But, seriously, I think that it could have been a meteor. They found one big ass crater in the Yucatan Pennisnsula dated to be from 64.98 million years ago.

Or it could have been disease, overpopulation, or predators eating dinosaur eggs. I don't think anyone knows for sure.  


RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
Posts: 358
Joined: 2007-02-12
User is offlineOffline
I understand that, I am

I understand that, I am talking specifically about the creationist account. Well, I will get more specific. The account of Answers in Genesis. So, since Dinos are no more that 6,000 years old they died off between now and then. So why did they die and not all the other creatures on the Ark??

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
RationalSchema wrote: I

RationalSchema wrote:

I understand that, I am talking specifically about the creationist account. Well, I will get more specific. The account of Answers in Genesis. So, since Dinos are no more that 6,000 years old they died off between now and then. So why did they die and not all the other creatures on the Ark??

 

Oh from a creationist's perspective? In that case refer to my first post. Laughing


RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
Posts: 358
Joined: 2007-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

RationalSchema wrote:

I understand that, I am talking specifically about the creationist account. Well, I will get more specific. The account of Answers in Genesis. So, since Dinos are no more that 6,000 years old they died off between now and then. So why did they die and not all the other creatures on the Ark??

 

Oh from a creationist's perspective? In that case refer to my first post. Laughing

 

This what I thought. So can I kill of flys and gnats if I work really hard with my right hand this next month??

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."


Textom
Textom's picture
Posts: 551
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
answersingenesis.org

answersingenesis.org wrote:
Why don't we see any living dinosaurs today?
After the Flood, the surviving dinosaurs left the Ark to repopulate the earth. However, conditions on Earth changed, and just as many other kinds of animals have become extinct through diseases and other natural disasters, ... the dinosaurs also eventually died off.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Area/overheads/pages/oh20020913_136.asp

 

"After Jesus was born, the Old Testament basically became a way for Bible publishers to keep their word count up." -Stephen Colbert


RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
Posts: 358
Joined: 2007-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Textom

Textom wrote:

answersingenesis.org wrote:
Why don't we see any living dinosaurs today?
After the Flood, the surviving dinosaurs left the Ark to repopulate the earth. However, conditions on Earth changed, and just as many other kinds of animals have become extinct through diseases and other natural disasters, ... the dinosaurs also eventually died off.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Area/overheads/pages/oh20020913_136.asp 

 

The link isn't working

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
There's an extra space at

There's an extra space at the end. That happens a lot. Might be a Drupal thing.


Textom
Textom's picture
Posts: 551
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Ooops, sorry, try this

"After Jesus was born, the Old Testament basically became a way for Bible publishers to keep their word count up." -Stephen Colbert


RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
Posts: 358
Joined: 2007-02-12
User is offlineOffline
This is there

This is there explanation??? I can't believe people by this crap. It's just that easy. Conditions on earth changed and only killed the dinosaurs and a few other species?? At least it is more creative than God decided that were useless.

 

After the Flood, the surviving dinosaurs left the Ark to repopulate the earth. However, conditions on Earth changed, and just as many other kinds of animals have become extinct through diseases and other natural disasters, ... the dinosaurs also eventually died off.

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."


Textom
Textom's picture
Posts: 551
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Heh, well it's marginally

Heh, well it's marginally better than the explanation I got in Southern Baptist Sunday school as a kid: that dinos never existed and the devil put the fossils there to make people doubt God's existence.

 

"After Jesus was born, the Old Testament basically became a way for Bible publishers to keep their word count up." -Stephen Colbert


Larty
Larty's picture
Posts: 145
Joined: 2007-05-25
User is offlineOffline
RationalSchema wrote: This

RationalSchema wrote:

This is there explanation??? I can't believe people by this crap. It's just that easy. Conditions on earth changed and only killed the dinosaurs and a few other species?? At least it is more creative than God decided that were useless.

After the Flood, the surviving dinosaurs left the Ark to repopulate the earth. However, conditions on Earth changed, and just as many other kinds of animals have become extinct through diseases and other natural disasters, ... the dinosaurs also eventually died off.

That is actually a pretty good explanation. It's a trillion times better than that load of shit they told Textom in that Sunday school. Laughing out loud

I wonder how did Noah get Brachiosaurs in the ark. Those freaking things weighed atleast 15 tonnes! Just to get two of these in the ark would mean a wooden floating structure able to float about 30 tonnes. You couldn't get even HALF of all land animals, including dinosaurs in the ark. No kind of floating structure could do that.

Maybe Noah built a spaceship. That's the only option. Smiling 

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.


RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
Posts: 358
Joined: 2007-02-12
User is offlineOffline
No, no, no, you have it all

No, no, no, you have it all wrong. They used newly born dinosaurs. I mean come on, you have to make this information, and the dinosaurs, SQUEEZE into their worldview. When you do this it all makes sense.

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."


theotherguy
theotherguy's picture
Posts: 294
Joined: 2007-01-07
User is offlineOffline
Hmm, its a wonder how those

Hmm, its a wonder how those dinosaurs happened to repopulate the Earth so quickly and live for millions of years, managed to fit in several periods of evolutionary progress and die out, all before any humans decided to document it! Thanks answersinGenisis for all your useful answers!

 What utter bullshit.


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
RationalSchema wrote: The

RationalSchema wrote:

The link isn't working

To everyone:  when you paste a link into a comment, just be sure you ALWAYS hit the return key (or put in a space) after the end of the link.   

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Sodium Pentothal
Sodium Pentothal's picture
Posts: 134
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Textom wrote:

Textom wrote:

Heh, well it's marginally better than the explanation I got in Southern Baptist Sunday school as a kid: that dinos never existed and the devil put the fossils there to make people doubt God's existence.

 

lol

 

yeah, i've heard that too, but it seems to be the more old skool answer. gotta love how christian dogma changes and adapts to society.

"If I don't think something can be explained conventionally, it must be magic. And magic comes from God!" -everyday religious person


Larty
Larty's picture
Posts: 145
Joined: 2007-05-25
User is offlineOffline
RationalSchema wrote: No,

RationalSchema wrote:
No, no, no, you have it all wrong. They used newly born dinosaurs. I mean come on, you have to make this information, and the dinosaurs, SQUEEZE into their worldview. When you do this it all makes sense.

 Ofcourse it makes sense for a Creationist. Did Noah take two of every dinosaur egg in the ark? maybe not, because figuring out the sexes of the dinosaurs would be hard. Then he propably took baby dinosaurs. The problem is that you can't take a baby animal, and hope that they will grow up all by themselves. Most animals and dinosaurs need their parents to grow up in the wild properly (although I never heard of a dinosaur that would grow all alone). The problem is that the ark is not a natural environment and then they would grow retarded, and go extinct once they left-...

 Wait a minute... Thats why the dinosaurs went extinct Laughing out loud! I solved a Creationism mystery!

Uhhh... Why would God tell Noah to build an ark anyway? If God is all-powerful, then why didn't He buld the ark? Or why not just destroy all life and re-create everything? Why did God rest on the seventh day if he is all powerful? In this case, this is another example of the heresy of christianity.

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.