When you here somebody say: "science isn't real"

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline

Just my luck, last night I go to the "Get Ready, Get Set, Get Employed" program at WA state Work Source. It impressed me as a fashist corporate brainwashing program for the masses. Further more, they had a question: "Moses packed how many animals on the Ark?" The question was meant to make a person think about the bible. Regardless, Moses and Noah are bullshit characters form a book of fiction.

I responded with, "None, it's a fairy tale for kids. Think about it, it's scientifically impossible."

Some punk-ass bitch norputo rebuttled with, "Science isn't real." :shock:

I about fell out of my chair laughing.

I thought great, by that "logic" none of anything exists. :roll:

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yeah, I'd have pretty much the same reaction.

Seriously, "science isn't real"?!? WTF? Please walk into traffic for the good of humanity.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Seriously, "science isn't real"?!? WTF? Please walk into traffic for the good of humanity.

I'm telling you those that don't believe in science must stop taking ALL medication. it may take a while, but the prayer thumpers will slowly die out. and our little problem will be solved. I mean it's simple really.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline

LOL I say remove all the pedestrian crossings and let the problem solve itself.

"Character is higher than intellect... A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

They should stop driving and using electricity, too. Go live naked in the woods! Laughing out loud

adaypastdead
adaypastdead's picture
User is offlineOffline

LeftofLarry wrote:

I'm telling you those that don't believe in science must stop taking ALL medication. it may take a while, but the prayer thumpers will slowly die out. and our little problem will be solved. I mean it's simple really.

Maybe they should start taking medications, maybe they will reverse their hallucenogens. Science is based on facts, noah was based on stupidity.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.-Karl Marx

OpiateCopulation
OpiateCopulation's picture
User is offlineOffline
science isn't real?!

Whenever I hear such sayings I just laugh openly, as hearty as I can, with the biggest smile on my face, directly at them for a minute or two until they either: walk away, ask for an explanation, or get violent. Two of the responses lead to more laughing with a little 'ohhhh awwww' added in, the other leads to me explaining as best as I can 'truth' and how scientific 'truth' is as true as they come. Then I usually find a bong and smoke for a while so I forget the comment the person made so in the future I don't automatically judge them as useless when it comes to their mind.

'We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.' - Richard Dawkins
MySpace

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
actually, science is just a

actually, science is just a logical process.
facts are based on science (i.e. science is used to prove them correct)

Kelreth
Kelreth's picture
User is offlineOffline
Science isnt real? Hmm in

Science isnt real? Hmm in that case take off your clohtes, your watch, glasses, any money you have, the keys to your car, your wife, your kids, your house, basically everyhting you own. Is all do to sciecne, and o that medicine u take to not die? Ya guess what we're taking that away too.

I seriously think people who say science isnt real need to be shot, or more humanly thrown to their own little island where they can practive what ever backwards shit they feel like

causalitist
causalitist's picture
User is offlineOffline
thats very sad. i think

thats very sad.

i think everyone should have to walk around with a badge showing their IQ score... so then people who say things of that nature will look down at the 65 on their badge and realize they should not talk anymore.

not that i think IQ score is fully representative of a persons brain, but it would help having a ballpark.

1.Mind is a charicteristic of the organizational state of the matter that constitutes the brain.

2.Matter in this particular organizational state is of course subject to the laws of causality, as is all matter.
~me

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
AtheistConvictX,Just out of

AtheistConvictX,
Just out of curosity, did she tell you what the "correct" answer was? And what does this have to do with finding employment? Are they hiring carperters to build a new ark?

I'd like it if they were, then we'd have a place to send Fred Phelps, Ray Comfort, Hovind, Robertson and a few others.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord

Randalllord wrote:
AtheistConvictX,
Just out of curosity, did she tell you what the "correct" answer was? And what does this have to do with finding employment? Are they hiring carperters to build a new ark?

I'd like it if they were, then we'd have a place to send Fred Phelps, Ray Comfort, Hovind, Robertson and a few others.

The class is called "Unlocking Your Potential" and is open to the public, presented by the state of Washington. It contains numerous quotes from the bible. I complained. Told them the class violated separation of church & state, and threatened them with, "Remove the bible stuff or I call the UCLU". No response yet.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
politicalhumanist

politicalhumanist wrote:
Randalllord wrote:
AtheistConvictX,

The class is called "Unlocking Your Potential" and is open to the public, presented by the state of Washington. It contains numerous quotes from the bible. I complained. Told them the class violated separation of church & state, and threatened them with, "Remove the bible stuff or I call the UCLU". No response yet.

Make the call.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah... you don't think

Yeah... you don't think they're going to change the program just cause you said they should, right?

Go ahead and get the suit going!

Good luck!

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

paucoremhominem
Theist
paucoremhominem's picture
User is offlineOffline
Profanity + ignorance = Anonymous

Anonymous may have a difficult time getting a job with his attitude, ignorance, and to top it off with delicious irony, arrogance. Anonymous can't differentiate between "hear" and "here," as evidenced by his title.

Anonymous can't spell "fascist," nor "furthermore."

How he/she would know anything about science when Anonymous couldn't demonstrate competent eighth grade composition is puzzling.

But a little profanity makes for brilliance, if you're an atheist.
Then toss in some bitter invectives attacking "fundies" just for "fun."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Actually, he spells and has

Actually, he spells and has better grammar than the majority of theists who we have seen. And he isn't claiming to be an expert in science, he is simply attacking the utter ridiculous statement "Science isn't real." He also has vastly superior skill in logic compared to certain unnamed persons who posted directly above me. Laughing out loud

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Christen
Christen's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was having a similar

I was having a similar discussion a while back with my father in-law about science, the bible and how the two don't add up when my mother in-law walked in the room and said something along the lines of: "science is satan trying to get you to doubt". It's like Christians are programmed little drones that are only capable of spitting back cute little phrases instead of actually having an adult conversation. It makes you just want to pat them on the head and say, "there, there...now get the fuck outta here and let the adults have a conversation". Of course, I didn't say that... Smiling

politicalhumanist
User is offlineOffline
paucoremhominem

paucoremhominem wrote:
Anonymous may have a difficult time getting a job with his attitude, ignorance, and to top it off with delicious irony, arrogance. Anonymous can't differentiate between "hear" and "here," as evidenced by his title.

How he/she would know anything about science when Anonymous couldn't demonstrate competent eighth grade composition is puzzling.

Go fuck yourself! How that for competent composition? For your information, I have 48 credits from an accredited four-year university, and have read several books by Dawkins, Shermer, Sagan, Steinbeck, Goad, et cetera.

Do you have any idea what it like to have bipolar, and have episodes of cognitive disorder which impede the thought process?

Shit, I didn't now this was a PhD dissertation. Next time, I will proof read. Pardon and peace. Smiling Puzzled

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
paucoremhominem

paucoremhominem wrote:

This is what a person that has no evidence to back their claim in an invisible sky daddy resorts to when they don't have a valid argument. They try to divert the attention away form the topic at hand and focus on your personal flaws. It's known as an ad homenium fallacy.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/personalattack.html

Razorcade
ModeratorRRS Core Member
Razorcade's picture
User is offlineOffline
Science isn't real

The best are the people who say "Science isn't real" and then post their views on the Internet.
WTF, are these people serious.
It would be nice if we could ban them from the Internet indefinitely.

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
paucoremhominem

paucoremhominem wrote:

Are you ever going to post something with a little substance, buddy? The majority of your posts are ad hominem attacks on various members of this board or on atheists in general. You attack his arrogance and yet that's all I've been hearing from you.

And stop bitching about the use of profanity and using it as an argument against atheists. They are just words for fucks sake.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins

paucoremhominem
Theist
User is offlineOffline
GodStoleMyFriends wrote: Are

GodStoleMyFriends wrote:

Are you ever going to post something with a little substance, buddy? The majority of your posts are ad hominem attacks on various members of this board or on atheists in general. You attack his arrogance and yet that's all I've been hearing from you.

And stop bitching about the use of profanity and using it as an argument against atheists. They are just words for fucks sake.

1. I'm not now, nor am I ever likely to become, your "buddy."

2. Ad hominem attacks are a leftist/liberal/Democrat/atheist speciality. You leftists wallow and bathe and gargle ad hominem attacks. Without lies and ad hominems, you would be utterly speechless. You dish them out but you can't take a single one.

3. When I point out ignorance, which is more abundant on these pathetic message boards than hydrogen in the universe, it is factual. Deal with it. Instead, you prefer to whine and snivel like the little boy you so clearly are.

4. You ignorantly omitted the apostrophe in "fucks sake."

Your ignorance is showing, junior.

Now how to you being hoist with your own petard?

paucoremhominem
Theist
User is offlineOffline
adaypastdead wrote: Maybe

adaypastdead wrote:

Maybe they should start taking medications, maybe they will reverse their hallucenogens. (sic) Science is based on facts, noah (sic) was based on stupidity.

Speaking of stupidity.......

paucoremhominem
Theist
User is offlineOffline
causalitist wrote:thats

causalitist wrote:
thats (sic) very sad.

i (sic) think everyone should have to walk around with a badge showing their IQ score... so then people who say things of that nature will look down at the 65 on their badge and realize they should not talk anymore.

not that i (sic) think IQ score is fully representative of a persons (sic) brain, but it would help having a ballpark.

You're obviously confused, causalitist.

The Unabomber has an extremely high IQ. He just enjoyed living in filth and squalor and blowing up people with letter bombs, like the cowardly leftist he is.

Saddam Hussein is also extremely intelligent.

You leftists revel in your pretensions of intellectualism, and look what it gets you. You and yours can't write coherently and honestly. You have no hope after death. You first pretend to be enlightened while blasting anyone who disagrees with you as terminally stupid, and then you show your own abject stupidity time and again.
One of your pals tried out a pair of Latin phrases which he screwed. "Ad nausium" and another one which escapes me at the moment.

You need to stop the lying, stop the hatred, and stop the terribly misplaced arrogant condescension. I'm sure you'll do all these as soon as Richard Hateful Dawkins admits what a miserable fool and liar he has been all these decades.

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
I always chuckle when

I always chuckle when Christians spout vitriol and call me a "leftist". Hilarious. I'm not a "leftist", and even if I were, or were not, why on earth would I take that as derision?

Let us know when you've got something of substance to say, paucoremhominem.

Let me remind you all, this is a SCIENCE forum. Please gear your discussion toward that - all of you.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
correct spelling: paucorum

correct spelling: paucorum hominum

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
People who claim science

People who claim science isn't real make me wish telepathy was, so I could figure out what was going on in their heads. Maybe technology will allow that one day....

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

MrGawn
Rational VIP!
MrGawn's picture
User is offlineOffline
rediculous, indeed. . .

Hambydammit wrote:
Yeah... you don't think they're going to change the program just cause you said they should, right? Go ahead and get the suit going! Good luck!
I have yer back too!!! We can all make just a big-ass fuss over it!!!! I'M READY!!!!

I am the radical and variable to counter act on your alpha and omega! The One True Juggernaut, and. . . I WILL BASH AND CUT DOWN THOSE THAT CANNOT BE TAUGHT!!!

MrGawn
Rational VIP!
MrGawn's picture
User is offlineOffline
stupid people come to stupid conclusions

paucoremhominem wrote:
Anonymous may have a difficult time getting a job with his attitude, ignorance, and to top it off with delicious irony, arrogance. Anonymous can't differentiate between "hear" and "here," as evidenced by his title. Anonymous can't spell "fascist," nor "furthermore." How he/she would know anything about science when Anonymous couldn't demonstrate competent eighth grade composition is puzzling. But a little profanity makes for brilliance, if you're an atheist. Then toss in some bitter invectives attacking "fundies" just for "fun."
He never claimed to be a science expert. . . And since when would it take a science expert to know that it is not even semi-believable that this ficticious character noah, put two of every living organism on the planet into a rickety ass old boat. I would wonder what were his methods of gathering all of those animals? What about the microscopic "asexual" organisms that the break down the dead? How did he gather them? Was noah a scientist? He couldn't have been, because science tells us that god doesn't exsist.

Besides god chose the wrong method in killing off all of the life on the planet with a "flood" in the simple fact that water doesn't kill fish. Or maybe since i'm not a science expert i cant say that water doesn'y kill fish and sea life in general.

Plus, since there is no way that noah was a scientist, because it would demean his good, that would lead me to believe that he left all the organisms that decay extiguished life behind, and THAT would lead me to think that god killed them all off. And THAT doesn't hold water, (excuse the pun) because, if that were true then everything that live and died since then would be perfectly preserved and still available for us to view today. sadly, thats not the case. . . but if that were the case, we could sort through all carcasses and show you all the steps of evolution you bible thumping asshole.

I am the radical and variable to counter act on your alpha and omega! The One True Juggernaut, and. . . I WILL BASH AND CUT DOWN THOSE THAT CANNOT BE TAUGHT!!!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Actually, the change in

Actually, the change in salinity in the water from such a flood would kill most or all of the fish. But there was nothing about Noah getting/making aquariums and collecting all the fish...

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MrGawn
Rational VIP!
MrGawn's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle

MattShizzle wrote:
Actually, the change in salinity in the water from such a flood would kill most or all of the fish. But there was nothing about Noah getting/making aquariums and collecting all the fish...
that is in part why i said that. i just took it for granted since the bible has no mention of that. but yes, i do stand corrected somewhat, fore i couldnt find anything on the net that says the salt water marine life wouldnt be able to sustain life due to the water being over or under saturated if the whole planets echo system had been flushed.

would that include the ice caps? if so how did they all become frozen again? there was no ice age from the time of noah. . . was there?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did the bible specify it was

Did the bible specify it was fresh water that flooded the earth? If not, then it's quite possible it was just regular salt water, and wouldn't have affected the ph balance or salinity. It is "god" we're talking about. Sticking out tongue

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
But that would kill the

But that would kill the freshwater fsh inland, not to mention fucking up the soil so nothing would ever grow anywhere (actually come to think of it, that would happen from a worldwide flood anyway!)

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shit. You got me. > >

Shit. You got me. > >

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote: I

Anonymous wrote:
I thought great, by that "logic" none of anything exists. :roll:

From my new series of MTG atheist/theist cards.... if anyone knows how to actually play this game, let me know... 

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I do. Started playing it

I do. Started playing it before it got uber popular. Still have a couple thousand cards kicking around somewhere from the first few editions, though they're not all in such good condition anymore.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I'm so using that picture

I'm so using that picture when I get the chance!

MrGawn
Rational VIP!
MrGawn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Did the bible

Vastet wrote:
Did the bible specify it was fresh water that flooded the earth? If not, then it's quite possible it was just regular salt water, and wouldn't have affected the ph balance or salinity. It is "god" we're talking about. :P
well the bible says it rain for 40 days and 40 nights, right. it doesnt rain salt water does it? and since the bible doesnt specify ill just have to go with every other rain that i have experienced. . . but maybe im wrong. . .

solidsquid
solidsquid's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote: Just my

Anonymous wrote:
Just my luck, last night I go to the "Get Ready, Get Set, Get Employed" program at WA state Work Source. It impressed me as a fashist corporate brainwashing program for the masses.

Working for the Target corporation while I finish my grad degree in neuroscience and having worked for other large companies and been to these bullshit orientation meetings, I completely understand.  Corporations are their own little odd fascist microcosms. 

Quote:
Further more, they had a question: "Moses packed how many animals on the Ark?" The question was meant to make a person think about the bible. Regardless, Moses and Noah are bullshit characters form a book of fiction.

They actually probably got this question from one of the commercial/internet silly questionnaires that is meant to promote "thinking" - because it was Noah and not Moses that built the ark. 

Quote:
I responded with, "None, it's a fairy tale for kids. Think about it, it's scientifically impossible." Some punk-ass bitch norputo rebuttled with, "Science isn't real." :shock: I about fell out of my chair laughing. I thought great, by that "logic" none of anything exists. :roll:

Maybe in their world science "isn't real".  Some people cherish mystery and fantasy over (in their view) boring logic and quantification of the natural world.

politicalhumanist
User is offlineOffline
solidsquid wrote: Quote: I

solidsquid wrote:

Quote:
I responded with, "None, it's a fairy tale for kids. Think about it, it's scientifically impossible." Some punk-ass bitch norputo rebuttled with, "Science isn't real." :shock: I about fell out of my chair laughing. I thought great, by that "logic" none of anything exists. :roll:

Maybe in their world science "isn't real". Some people cherish mystery and fantasy over (in their view) boring logic and quantification of the natural world.

Maybe they don't (shouldn't) exist. Or that's is the way I would be if I was an atheist warlord. I'm the one with the technology; they have their faith and nonesense.