Is there a quanta for time?

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is there a quanta for time?

So many equations and formulas utilize time as a variable, and there seems to be quanta for everything else. Planck's constant includes a variable for time. Doesn't that mean there's some kind of definite unit for time? That is, shouldn't there be a maximum number of events that can occur simultaneuosly and/or in sequence between frame A and B?

I'm working off of the idea that:
h=Es
h+(-1sE)=sE+(-1sE)
h+(-1sE)=0
h+(-1h)+(-1sE)=0+(-1h)
-1sE=-1h
s=hE-1

Missing something? Am I just crazy?

kmisho
kmisho's picture
User is offlineOffline
I happen to have been

I happen to have been thinking about this myself, but more from a philosophical perspective in relation to the question of actual infinities (in this case infinitesimals). I personally tend toward the idea that time is analog and not quantized. But I'm far from convinced.

Some would say that time MUST be quantized or else nothing would happen. At some point there must be no more in-between moments and, wherever that point is, it's a quantum of time.

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
The seemingly infinitely

The seemingly infinitely dividable distance between two points in time is likely an illusion, since time is moving at different rates according to the speed of light in a given area. Light-speed and time-speed are practically interchangeable since every event occurs in sequence relative to the speed of light.