Dino Skin found in North Dakota! Who else thinks Creationist's are gonna have a field day with this?

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dino Skin found in North Dakota! Who else thinks Creationist's are gonna have a field day with this?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/250.1/popup/index.php?cl=5320117

Seriously, I can see it now! Stupid Creationists trying to say that this is proof that the earth is less than 10,000 years old because skin wouldn't have survived for millions of years. They make me sick.

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    dad/mom was a

dad/mom was a dinosaur !

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even though it wasn't

Even though it wasn't actually skin, but the fossilized impression of it, that won't faze the fundies.  They will put some kind of spin on it to make it fit with their fantasies. Of course the rest of the fundy-world will swallow it hook, line and sinker and continue flocking to their "museum" to stare at Noah with dinos on board the ark.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
The skin was fossilized.

The skin was fossilized. Nothing for creationists to see here. Move along.

When stuff like this happens, I wonder why we can't just get excited about it, just enjoy it, without worrying about offending the goddamn fundies. I get really animated when I talk about dinosaurs and other ancient life. I can't curb my enthusiasm and I think that's one of the things my mother got pissed about.

For one thing, I'm excited about the prospect of my pet parrot being descended from dromaeosaurs, which are my favorite group of dinosaurs. They are often called "raptors," which isn't really technically correct. Velociraptor was a dromaeosaur, but not all dromaeosaurs are Velociraptors...and Velociraptor can't be claimed as representative of the group, especially when one considers they came in sizes from Microraptor to Utahraptor and probably even larger. One thing we do know: Dromaeosaurs (and many other theropods) had feathers. There are imprints to show the little Microraptor had four wings and could glide. Recently it was discovered Velociraptor had quill knobs on its arms.

Shit...see what I mean? I get going on this stuff. In fact, I've done some sketching in my "everything" book and ended up with some nice off-the-cuff dinosaur sketches which may be precursors for a real piece of art. I haven't done any real art in ages.

I should scan some of it and show it here for shits and giggles.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
This is proof that the earth

This is proof that the earth is less than 10,000 years old because skin wouldn't have survived for millions of years!

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: This

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
This is proof that the earth is less than 10,000 years old because skin wouldn't have survived for millions of years!

Just for that, I'm giving you a link to my Artsy Fartsy dinosaur stuff: http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/general_conversation_introductions_and_humor/11543

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

And, as it happened, the skin didn't. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin