Rapture Ready---this is disturbing, folks!

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rapture Ready---this is disturbing, folks!

Columnist Max Blumenthal went to a recent conference of the Christians United for Israel, which is a pro-war, apocolyptic group founded by Pastor John Hagee. They believe that they need to expand Israel's borders to help bring about the apocolypse, which will bring about the rapture. It would be laughable except that this organization has many followers including American politicians, including the jewish and one time vice-presidential candidate Joe Lieberman. I just hope for Joe's sake that he's prepared to accept Jesus as his savior when his Armeggedon friends "cleanse" the earth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumenthal/rapture-ready-the-unauth_b_57826.html

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
wow, Lieberman, Delay and

wow, Lieberman, Delay and Mccain were all there. what a bunch of nuts.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Yup these guys are out

Yup these guys are out there. They want the world to end for what they believe in... Not the first time I've heard of them though. I suggest checking out "The Doomsday Code" for a crash course on the topic.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Hagee is a major freak  

Hagee is a major freak

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cranks with no real

Cranks with no real leverage.

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Patrician

The Patrician wrote:

Cranks with no real leverage.

I hope you're right. Right now they have a pipeline to the White House. We'll have to see what happens in the next presidential election whether or not they have any more leverage.

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation