Keith Olbermann tells it like it is. Clinton Bush Fox 9-11 scandal

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Keith Olbermann tells it like it is. Clinton Bush Fox 9-11 scandal

Here is the attempt to alter reality with President Clinton by Fox News that Olbermann is referring to:

Here is Jon Stewarts recap of how the media sensationalizes the story and bastardizes the truth of the Clinton interview:

Colbert on Clinton and Fox

See: http://www.outfoxed.org/ for more about Foxs' War on Reality

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Olbermanns reference to

Olbermanns reference to Chris Wallace as a monkey posing as a news caster was hilarious.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Most people realize that

Most people realize that FAUX news is the propaganda arm of the Republican party.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Most

MattShizzle wrote:
Most people realize that FAUX news is the propaganda arm of the Republican party.

What's "most?" There are still way too many Fox News Watchers. The unfortunate time consuming reality of Fox News (throw Limbaugh in the mix) is that you need to do 3 hours of research for each 1 hour of news you take in.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yeah. Love that picture. I

Yeah. Love that picture. I heard somewhere that people from other countries who were never in the US that saw Fox News thought it was actually a comedy channel!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

cynicastoic
User is offlineOffline
Rebuttle to the nonsense

Almost a page of comments and still no "rational" responses. Olbermann is quite mistaken. He is claiming that somehow are nation is becoming 1984-esque and that we are already being censored and what not...far from it. Look around "rational responders" how many of your sites have been silenced? How many of your intolerant claims have been censored? How many of Olbermann's rants have been criminalized? The answer is not a single one.

We are still a nation that allows freedom of speech, that will NEVER change. If you somehow think that legislation tied to terrorists will impeach that right, you are sadly mistaken.

I know what you will say, "well, they will just start calling whomever they choose a terrorist." But honestly, how many lawyers, protestors, men and women would let that happen?

You may see me as a conservative, but I am more independent and am really trying to come at this from the middle. What Olbermann says is not entirely true.

Olbermann says that Wallace was "promoted" and that he is an arm of the Republicans. That he shouldn't have listened to his viewers and asked that question. That he asked a dumb question (I am paraphrasing..but it is close..try not to go "rational" on a paraphrase). It is folks like Olbermann that scare me more. He is trying to SUPRESS the questions - saying that people don't have the right to ask Clinton these questions.

Bush did not start this criticism of Clinton, many independent journalists, talk show hosts, citizens, filmmakers started this. Are you honestly gonna tell me that all of these people "shouldn't have" asked this question? THAT is the very root of thought control.

Did Bush try to censor Michael Moore? Has Bush criticized Dems perpetually? Has Bush denied the words of the Supreme Court?

No.

He instead is working on legislation. If he's asking for more power, well, if congress gives it to him (they should be voted out of office), the supreme court can rule against it. We've already seen their unexpected slant to the left.

Sorry I'm being long-winded, Olbermann could've made his point in three minutes I think.

It is funny when Olbermann then tries to back up Clinton (whom I thought did a pretty good job in his years save MONICA...that was stupid of him) by evoking the great Abraham Lincoln....It was Lincoln that SUSPENDED HABEUS CORPUS!!!! If anyone was a "dictator" it was he.

I know you guys will pick my words apart, say something rude, or just call me one of the "right wing conspirators," Let me tell you that your words are just as important as any, and I would never say that your words "should" be silenced.

CynicaStoic

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
cynicastoic wrote:Almost a

cynicastoic wrote:
Almost a page of comments and still no "rational" responses.

And we can always count on someone with 2 posts to give us one.

Quote:
Olbermann is quite mistaken. He is claiming that somehow are nation is becoming 1984-esque and that we are already being censored and what not...far from it. Look around "rational responders" how many of your sites have been silenced? How many of your intolerant claims have been censored?

Well we had 4 separate groups deleted on myspace (owned by Fox News Parent company NewsCorp) within a one month period until we were able to draw up enough support in the form of letters to myspace that they haven't touched this last group. The group is simply "Fans and Friends of the Infidel Guy" and was not much different than many other groups.

At Easter we we're attacked with a very illegal DoS attack, we still don't know who did it. Couldve been the government, coulda just been a hacker. http://www.waroneaster.org/2006/04/11/talking-with-the-fbi/

Finally, ask the question again when I'm gone for several months being held without charges.

Quote:
How many of Olbermann's rants have been criminalized? The answer is not a single one.

I don't know enough about Olbermann's rants, but your straw man referring to nothing having happened with RRS is fallacious. Furthermore, it is in part because people speak up like Olbermann did that we don't spiral faster into the 1984 realm.

Quote:
We are still a nation that allows freedom of speech, that will NEVER change.

Which is why you can't say fuck on TV, and Howard Stern can't say pussy on terrestrial radio. Puzzled

Quote:
If you somehow think that legislation tied to terrorists will impeach that right, you are sadly mistaken.

And what is a terrorist? The bill doesn't define it as a non American. Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks would have been domestic non combatant terrorists.

Quote:
I know what you will say, "well, they will just start calling whomever they choose a terrorist." But honestly, how many lawyers, protestors, men and women would let that happen?

No clue, how many people would let our servicemen go fight a war based on lies and false pretenses? Oh... almost all of the people... ok!

Quote:
You may see me as a conservative, but I am more independent and am really trying to come at this from the middle.

Great, you may see me as a liberal, but I show up as a Republican on political surveys, have voted democrat mostly in the past, and agree with the Libertarians more than anyone.

Quote:
What Olbermann says is not entirely true. Olbermann says that Wallace was "promoted" and that he is an arm of the Republicans. That he shouldn't have listened to his viewers and asked that question. That he asked a dumb question (I am paraphrasing..but it is close..try not to go "rational" on a paraphrase). It is folks like Olbermann that scare me more. He is trying to SUPRESS the questions - saying that people don't have the right to ask Clinton these questions.

Olbermann said people don't have the right to ask these questions? Feel free to point out the time of that doozy, I'd love to hear it, I think he alluded to it but not to say one doesn't have the freedom to say it, but to show how innappropriate it was to ask. It's as if I said to you, "Why didn't you stop being an asshole when you had the chance?"

Don't think Wallace is an arm of the Republicans? Watch this and see for yourself: http://www.outfoxed.org/ Most of the movie is available free on youtube.

Quote:
Bush did not start this criticism of Clinton, many independent journalists, talk show hosts, citizens, filmmakers started this.

Some of these questions come from Republican think tanks head straight to the news team at Fox, and then get regurgitated so many times it's really hard to tell where they started.

Quote:
Are you honestly gonna tell me that all of these people "shouldn't have" asked this question?

If they're good journalists, they shouldn't be asking him that question without asking similar questions of the White House.

Quote:
Did Bush try to censor Michael Moore?

Were we talking about that? Did we say he did? And I'm not sure. I know some people Republicans (including the President) weren't willing to answer questions of Michael Moore, while you are screaming about questions that should be asked.

Quote:
Has Bush criticized Dems perpetually?

Yes. Worse... he lies about them perpetually. He lied through his teeth about Kerry the whole campaign.

Quote:
Has Bush denied the words of the Supreme Court?

Some might argue he has. He's certainly denied the words of the Constitution many times.

Quote:
No.

Stop asking questions if you claim to know the answer.

Quote:
He instead is working on legislation. If he's asking for more power, well, if congress gives it to him (they should be voted out of office), the supreme court can rule against it. We've already seen their unexpected slant to the left.

The supreme court has a slant to the left? Oh fuck, you're a fox news watcher aren't you?

Quote:
I know you guys will pick my words apart, say something rude, or just call me one of the "right wing conspirators," Let me tell you that your words are just as important as any, and I would never say that your words "should" be silenced.

CynicaStoic

I apologize in advance if you see me as rude, I'm just shooting straight from the hip. I agree words shouldn't be silenced, now call up your local radio station and tell them "You guys fucking rock" and see if the FCC has controlled your free speech. Then pick up a real fight... one to restore free speech to America, a right that was eroded a great many years ago.

cynicastoic
User is offlineOffline
FUCK FUCK FUCK, haha

Look, I don't think you want your kid (lets just say he ends up a Christian) telling you to "fuck off" when you get older anytime you try and tell him there is no god.

Will your employer tolerate you telling him to fuck off when you come in to work late.

Cursing is a cultural thing that most won't accept. And it is a Professional thing NOT to curse. So we may not show boobs like the brits do, boohoo.

If you want respect later on in life, you can't go about cursing at everyone.

I apologize for going off topic.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
I didn't say anything about

I didn't say anything about cursing anyone. The example I used was "You guys fucking rock." In case you live in a shell, my example was a positive one, it's something you'd say to someone as a compliment. I said nothing about the workplace and I said nothing about my kid.

My kid saying "Dad I am not going to obey you because I don't respect you" would hurt me much more than him telling me to "fuck off."

There are words with bad connotations, but there is no such thing as a bad word, feel free to help the FCC figure this out, so you can restore your freedom of speech that you don't have that you claim to have.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
There's also a big

There's also a big difference between a PRIVATE BUSINESS employer not allowing someone who works for them to say that at work, and the government telling another private business (a radio or TV station) that they can't say it.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
cynicastoic wrote: Has Bush

cynicastoic wrote:
Has Bush criticized Dems perpetually?

Keith Olbermanns response:

cynicastoic
User is offlineOffline
It's me again and it's great to get so many points!!!

Yeah, Bush won't win many brownie points. He won't fess up. It is a real mess. So maybe i was wrong on a few statements...but the shrillness of the Dems gets to me more. On the other hand, Im pretty sure you didn't catch the Texas Governor debate last night, but the dem candidate did a superb job in debating.

and aww don't get me with that "i'm not upset, im just dissapointed" crap, haha. That NEVER worked on me. It was respect, or BELT time, haha. Disrespect became an irrelevant word, haha.

Just because I only have 2 posts doesn't mean I am a newbie to forums, that statement was fallacious, but also a GREAT witty remark! I have a minor in Philosophy..and anyone that gets out of that will at least question God's existance.

Ya'll take care now and have a good rest of the weekend!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I also minored in Philosophy

I also minored in Philosophy - and tutored it at the time.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
cynicastoic wrote: Just

cynicastoic wrote:

Just because I only have 2 posts doesn't mean I am a newbie to forums, that statement was fallacious, but also a GREAT witty remark!

It wasn't fallacious, I didn't state that your 2 posts representing anything particular (like incompetence). Yes it was a witty remark, we get a few people in here from time to time that think they embody rational and feel the need to let us know in the early running.

Quote:
Ya'll take care now and have a good rest of the weekend!

You too.