H.Res. 888.

brights
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
H.Res. 888.

I think I am in the right thread this is about politics.  I found this on another atheist website.  This should never have been allowed anymore than Res. 847 was.  This could get passed if enough people approve of it but if enough people say NO and don't approve it could be stopped.  Does anyone else know about this?

http://action.secular.org/t/5367/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=22206

Omnibus
User is offlineOffline
I've already sent off a

I've already sent off a letter to my (one) house rep expressing my opinion of this.  My rep is not on the list of supporters but I wanted there to b no doubt about how I expected him to vote.

Don't we have enough REAL issues to address? Spending our time, because it IS our time, on superfluous fluff is not OK.

Too bad stupidity isn't poisonous.

brights
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
H.Res.888

Omnibus,

I was shocked to when I read about this and I too voted NO on this. I filled out the sign and send message. I realize this is as of now just a Resolution which is not passing a law. I also realize this Resolution could get the law passed. I know I used to work for politicians (freeholders) who passed Resolutions. If enough people want it, the Resolution passed, well then it's a good chance Congress will support it. I'll tell you right now if I were of some religion other than christianity I would be furious, even if Catholic and especially if Muslim or Jewish. Being an atheist it outrages me and scares me a little too. I expect to see much more of this throughout the year so the politicians can indulge the religious christian voters.

Adnihilo
Adnihilo's picture
User is offlineOffline
More reasons to fight House

If there was a God, Man wouldn't have had to invent him [reversing Voltaire's famous quote].

qbg
User is offlineOffline
Another article about it:

brights
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
H.Res. 888.

Adnihilio and gbg thank you both for those links much appreciated Smile

Adnilhio I found your second link very interesting and informative. I suck at history and never learned as much as I should have. Truthfully though I do have trouble remembering a lot - getting older sucks.