Evolution Discussion Moved From Another Thread

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Evolution Discussion Moved From Another Thread

Posts concerning evolution moved from another thread.

From here:
http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/atheist_vs_theist/7067?page=1

AL500
Theist
AL500's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Discovery Institute has

The Discovery Institute has a statement of "Scientific Dissent from Darwinism" that has been signed by over 350 doctoral-level scientists since it was written in 2001. The statement reads: "We are skeptical of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life. Careful examination of the evidence for Darwinian theory should be encouraged." See http://www.discovery.org/articleFiles/PDFs/100ScientistsAd.pdf

God exists or nothing exists --- Greg Bahnsen

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
AL500 wrote: Dr. Hovind

AL500 wrote:

Dr. Hovind takes three different evolutionists at the same time from different fields so they cannot use the "that is not in my field" excuses this time.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMpk7WerFWwThe reason atheists don't want to believe in God is because if He exists it means there are rules to life. Atheists don't want rules.

AL500 wrote:
The Discovery Institute has a statement of "Scientific Dissent from Darwinism" that has been signed by over 350 doctoral-level scientists since it was written in 2001. The statement reads: "We are skeptical of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life. Careful examination of the evidence for Darwinian theory should be encouraged." See http://www.discovery.org/articleFiles/PDFs/100ScientistsAd.pdf

You have a serious fear of science and scientific concensus. 

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hate it when people make

I hate it when people make me do this.

AL500, you were JUST warned about spamming and proselytizing by jce after your last post in this forum. Your next two posts contained more of the same.

It is abundantly clear that you are NOT interested in discussion or debate, which is the main purpose of these forums. And as you are not interested in honest debate and discussion, we are no longer interested in allowing you to post here.

Consider yourself banned.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

dogg724
dogg724's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll take a whack

AL500 wrote:
I clearly refuted you. The video, book and link I gave also refute you. You know what? Atheists are not capable of being polite. You talk about how atheists don't need God to be moral? lol Give me a break! I have yet to see a moral atheist. And I have yet to see just one post where an ad hominem/name calling is not found. Its not possible to have a decent dialogue with you at all. I've only been here for like a week, and all I've seen is name calling and ad hominems. You people NEED God badly lol. If we lived in an atheist world, we would have self-destructed thousands of years ago. I have refuted my opponents on every thread. I'm still waiting for Nook to respond to my "Historical Jesus"2 thread. Its been like a week. NO, ATHEISTS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF BEING MORAL. Life without God reduces a person to a total and complete asshole period. You know what? God exists! I'm terribly sorry to disappoint you. He's not going to cease to exist just to accomodate you. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I have more important things to do with my time then to discuss with immoral, unethical, biased, and brainwashed infidels.

How someone can get beyond detailed personal explanations from someone in the field and still act like a child on the playground will forever deter my will to bother talking about this stuff anymore.

[i]You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, yes! I remember this

Oh, yes! I remember this thread rather well. A strange mix of emotions (contempt, pity, amusement, boredom). Still, it was rather funny, albeit pathetic. It's a shame that it did not require a more strenuous use of intellectual faculties, then again, in this debate, it never does.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism