Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

Leeguana
Leeguana's picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2007-03-22
User is offlineOffline
Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution

I received this link from a friend in an email today.  It's a prime example of the tripe that festers from creationist websites. After watching it, I became physically ill. But cleaning the vomit from the corner of my mouth was made easier, due to the fact that I was still LMAO.  How can these people live with themselves ? ? ?

;">http://www.glumbert.com/media/peanutbutter

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - G. Carlin


Tilberian
Moderator
Tilberian's picture
Posts: 1118
Joined: 2006-11-27
User is offlineOffline
1. How the hell does he

1. How the hell does he know there isn't new life inside the peanut butter? Did he examine it with a microscope?

2. The peanut butter is treated with preservatives that would tend to kill most microbes.

3. The entire history of peanut butter and shelves doesn't add up to a miniscule fraction of the time that the earth had to generate life from base chemicals.

4. Evolution makes no claims about the origin of life. For all we know it was planted here by aliens. Nothing in this video is in the least relevant to evolution.

5. I love how she's standing in a courthouse. Apparently someone's still stinging a bit from the decisions in Pennsylvania heh heh. It also points the fact that all these discussions are political, not scientific, and that the fundies don't give a damn what the real truth is as long as its kept out of schools and their infintesimal headspace.  

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown


HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
Posts: 256
Joined: 2006-04-13
User is offlineOffline
For some reason I can just

For some reason I can just imagine a cake made from bullshit with peanut butter as icing.... And all the creationists having a slice.

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Whenever I think theists

Whenever I think theists can't possibly come up with a stupider argument, once again they prove me wrong.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Leeguana
Leeguana's picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2007-03-22
User is offlineOffline
HealingBlight wrote: For

HealingBlight wrote:
For some reason I can just imagine a cake made from bullshit with peanut butter as icing.... And all the creationists having a slice.

LOL.  That would be appropriate.  What's the old axiom, "bullshit in, bullshit out"? 

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - G. Carlin


Leeguana
Leeguana's picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2007-03-22
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Whenever

MattShizzle wrote:
Whenever I think theists can't possibly come up with a stupider argument, once again they prove me wrong.

At least they're consistent. Or is it relentless. Okay, you're right. It's stupid.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - G. Carlin


Leeguana
Leeguana's picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2007-03-22
User is offlineOffline
Tilberian wrote: 1. How

Tilberian wrote:

1. How the hell does he know there isn't new life inside the peanut butter? Did he examine it with a microscope?

The naked eye of a theist sees all.

Quote:
2. The peanut butter is treated with preservatives that would tend to kill most microbes.
Keyword = most.

Quote:
3. The entire history of peanut butter and shelves doesn't add up to a miniscule fraction of the time that the earth had to generate life from base chemicals.
Chemicals, shmemicals. To a theist, time is relative in their own "special" way.               

Quote:
4. Evolution makes no claims about the origin of life. For all we know it was planted here by aliens. Nothing in this video is in the least relevant to evolution.

You obviously weren't watching it while wearing your 3-D glasses.

Quote:
5. I love how she's standing in a courthouse. Apparently someone's still stinging a bit from the decisions in Pennsylvania heh heh. It also points the fact that all these discussions are political, not scientific, and that the fundies don't give a damn what the real truth is as long as its kept out of schools and their infintesimal headspace.

But doesn't the courthouse give it the feel of "it's all official lookin' and stuff"?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - G. Carlin


AnointedHeathen
Posts: 46
Joined: 2006-12-16
User is offlineOffline
OMFSM how could I have ever

OMFSM how could I have ever been so blind? Belief in God is as simple as looking at a jar of Jiff!


mindspread
mindspread's picture
Posts: 360
Joined: 2007-02-18
User is offlineOffline
He just opened the wrong jar

MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
Tilberian wrote: 2. The

Tilberian wrote:
2. The peanut butter is treated with preservatives that would tend to kill most microbes.

Indeed. The basic ingredient in peanut butter after peanuts is SALT, the most basic preservative of all.


HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
Posts: 256
Joined: 2006-04-13
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Whenever

MattShizzle wrote:
Whenever I think theists can't possibly come up with a stupider argument, once again they prove me wrong.

 

At least they can disprove us in some way. Smiling

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
One wonders what

One wonders what creationists would say if they were all forced to know how evolution worked in the first place, instead of making ridiculous strawman attacks.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Voided
Posts: 1195
Joined: 2006-02-20
User is offlineOffline
  http://home.howstuffworks

 

http://home.howstuffworks.com/food-preservation.htm

RIGHTEOUS!!!

Note: I don't think I can make righteous any more ugly nor can I make it larger. 

 


Jaden
Theist
Posts: 27
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Ok, I will agree that is

Ok, I will agree that is probably the most stupid thing I have watched in awhile, and thankfully, it only consumed 2 mins of my time.I supposed his point was non-life to life doesn't happen in everyday life. Here he is assuming the uniformity principle, the thing that most evolutionist assume as well. If non-life to life occurred, then it would occur the same way that evolutionists say it occurred, in a protein soup (hence the peanut butter Undecided). But I think a better example would have been my pool, when i forget to put chlorine in it, that seem to spout new life all the time....

PS I am very much aware that some evolutionists do not agree on origins, I think this "documentary" was specifically aimed at the people who believe in the primordial soup theory.

So I guess, is non-life to life a rational theory? Any takers?


Leeguana
Leeguana's picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2007-03-22
User is offlineOffline
Jaden wrote: Ok, I will

Jaden wrote:
Ok, I will agree that is probably the most stupid thing I have watched in awhile, and thankfully, it only consumed 2 mins of my time.I supposed his point was non-life to life doesn't happen in everyday life. Here he is assuming the uniformity principle, the thing that most evolutionist assume as well. If non-life to life occurred, then it would occur the same way that evolutionists say it occurred, in a protein soup (hence the peanut butter Undecided). But I think a better example would have been my pool, when i forget to put chlorine in it, that seem to spout new life all the time....

PS I am very much aware that some evolutionists do not agree on origins, I think this "documentary" was specifically aimed at the people who believe in the primordial soup theory.

So I guess, is non-life to life a rational theory? Any takers?

"Abiogenesis is a fact. Regardless of how you imagine it happened (note that creation is a theory of abiogenesis), it is a fact that there once was no life on earth and that now there is."

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB090.html

How it occurred, well, we're still working on that one . . . non-creationists excluded. 

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - G. Carlin


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Look at how much work it

Look at how much work it takes to persistently misinterpret scientific theory. Look at the massive unsupported, inexplicable claims you have to accept unconditionally as a starting point for their "alternative theory."
It's so frustrating. Evolution is such a simple concept, you have to make it more complicated not to understand it -- which is what all these quasi-authorities do. Like it's too terrible to bear the notion that over millions of years we've become the most intellectually advanced species on the planet, rather than being some fickle deity's self-loathing playthings.


Aedak
Aedak's picture
Posts: 2
Joined: 2007-04-02
User is offlineOffline
I don't think creationists

I don't think creationists realize how stupid they sound. Ah well...

Oh, and I'm new here. *wave*

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion."


Edger
Posts: 104
Joined: 2007-01-14
User is offlineOffline
Peanut Butter Man may be on to something

Peanut Butter Man forgot about our unique ability to seel food products hermetically, not to mention the very slow process he's trying to disprove. But he may indeed (inadvertently) make a solid case against Darwin's Origin of Species as it applies to natural selection. Read on and try to keep an open mind...

If natural selection, as a means to explain evolution, was valid how is it possible that someone as comically dull as Peanut Butter Man came to exist this far down the evolutionary chain? Ehh?


Leeguana
Leeguana's picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2007-03-22
User is offlineOffline
Aedak wrote: I don't think

Aedak wrote:

I don't think creationists realize how stupid they sound. Ah well...

Oh, and I'm new here. *wave*

Wave back at ya.  I'm pretty new here too. 

BTW, I love your signature line! 

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - G. Carlin


Leeguana
Leeguana's picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2007-03-22
User is offlineOffline
Edger wrote: Peanut Butter

Edger wrote:

Peanut Butter Man forgot about our unique ability to seel food products hermetically, not to mention the very slow process he's trying to disprove. But he may indeed (inadvertently) make a solid case against Darwin's Origin of Species as it applies to natural selection. Read on and try to keep an open mind...

If natural selection, as a means to explain evolution, was valid how is it possible that someone as comically dull as Peanut Butter Man came to exist this far down the evolutionary chain? Ehh?

Blind luck, I say.  That, and there's a sucker born every minute. Wink

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - G. Carlin


Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2006-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Look at how much

Quote:
Look at how much work it takes to persistently misinterpret scientific theory. Look at the massive unsupported, inexplicable claims you have to accept unconditionally as a starting point for their "alternative theory."

You know, I can imagine DEmotivational posters all 'round the offices with the picture of Charles Darwin and the saying below:

"Evolution: Watch how the countless hours of research done by many intelligent people are crushed by the weight of a few minutes of stupidity done by an idiot."

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Aedak wrote: Oh, and I'm

Aedak wrote:

Oh, and I'm new here. *wave*

Welcome Aedak!  Glad you're here.

We'd love to have you tell us something about yourself in the General Conversation, Introductions and Humor thread when you get a chance. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Spewn
Posts: 98
Joined: 2007-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Edger wrote: Peanut Butter

Edger wrote:

Peanut Butter Man forgot about our unique ability to seel food products hermetically, not to mention the very slow process he's trying to disprove. But he may indeed (inadvertently) make a solid case against Darwin's Origin of Species as it applies to natural selection. Read on and try to keep an open mind...

If natural selection, as a means to explain evolution, was valid how is it possible that someone as comically dull as Peanut Butter Man came to exist this far down the evolutionary chain? Ehh?

 

You assume peanut butter man is less likely to reproduce as a result of his being dull.  I doubt that.


Edger
Posts: 104
Joined: 2007-01-14
User is offlineOffline
No, natural selection

No, natural selection doesn't imply that dullards are less likely to screw. It tells us that genetically inferior organisms are less likely to survive so over time their inferior genetics are removed from the pool. But of course it was all in jest and I'm well aware of the very sad fact that idiots not only breed all of the time, they tend to do most of the breeding.


Edger
Posts: 104
Joined: 2007-01-14
User is offlineOffline
But wait, you didn't screw,

But wait, you didn't say screw. You said reproduce (my bad). So yeah, of course he should be less likely to reproduce due to his dullness. Final answer


Spewn
Posts: 98
Joined: 2007-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Edger wrote: But wait, you

Edger wrote:
But wait, you didn't say screw. You said reproduce (my bad). So yeah, of course he should be less likely to reproduce due to his dullness. Final answer

 

You have to be incredibly impaired to actually be significantly less likely to reproduce, to the point of eventually being weeded out of the gene pool, simply because todays society makes it easy for less advantaged people to survive and reproduce.

 

Today's society is nothing like the "wild" environment in which our ancient ancestors found themselves.


Edger
Posts: 104
Joined: 2007-01-14
User is offlineOffline
Spewn, your undies are

Spewn, your undies are getting bundled over a joke. We're talking about a guy who thinks peanut butter damns evolution. I'm sorry you didn't get it. I won't make fun anymore. Promise Smiling


Mjhavok
Posts: 31
Joined: 2006-11-07
User is offlineOffline
I seen this video on youtube

I seen this video on youtube and was almost crying with laughter. Not one person on it understands evolution on a basic level. They need to take basic biology classes. It is pointless even making a thread regarding this level of dumbassery. The banana thing was bad enough.

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. "
- Carl Sagan

"Tantum eruditi sunt liberi"

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the