Myths about evolution
Hi guys, I remember a post a while back about numbering theist arguments. I got thinking that there are so many theists who don't have the first clue about evolution. So help me out here, I'm trying to catalogue "stupid myths about evolution". Here is what I have come up with so far.
1. Evolution is a chance process
2. Life is too complicated to have been created without a designer
3. Irreducible complexity
4. Advantegeous genetic mutation is impossible
5. A jellyfish cannot turn into a giraffe (true), organisms cannot morph over time(not true)
6. Macroevolution is somehow different to microevolution
"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.