White Hole Universe

In6Days
Theist
User is offlineOffline
White Hole Universe

I have heard of two white hole universe theories, the one I am familiar with proposed by Dr. Russell Humphreys. I would like to know what the Rational Response community has heard, or thinks about these theories.

If you are unfamiliar with him, Dr. Humphreys is a YEC working for the Institute for Creation Research.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Based on what little I've

Based on what little I've read so far, it seems like just fancier packaging for "God did it".

He can't even get fellow YECers to buy it. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

In6Days
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I am fairly certain that the

I am fairly certain that the other white hole universe theory was not proposed by a creationist.  Any ideas as to the differences between the two?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where's the theory

Where's the theory published?  I can't imagine how bad it has to be for it to fail the "peer review" of other Godditits.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I think it would be

I think it would be interesting to see the calculations for it.

At quick glance, time does slow down as he describes, and the calculations could very well be valid, however I have no idea exactly what he's plugging into the equations and how he justifies using those plug ins.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
In6Days wrote: I am fairly

In6Days wrote:
I am fairly certain that the other white hole universe theory was not proposed by a creationist. Any ideas as to the differences between the two?

The only thing I've seen besides Humphrey's theory is a mathematical model.

I think there may be another one as well but it puts us (this system) at the center of everything.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
All Humphey's babblings ae

All Humphey's babblings ae are convoluted ways to support a young universe and earth, none of his claims have any clout or are considered even remotely plausible by legitamet scientists. It's utter bullocks, and you should punish yourself for even bringing it up. His conjecture conflicts with all know data. End of story.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Healyhatman
Healyhatman's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've read one theory on the

I've read one theory on the whole white hole universe crap... Sure it might explain why we can see objects 14bil light years away, which is all well and good, but the one I read conveniently ignores the age of the earth.

That's the problem with this YEC bullshit... Even if they got evidence that the universe was, say, 3billion years old or a few hundred million (not fucking likely) they would still moan and complain and look for evidence validating their religious textbook's point of view.

The YEC's aren't taking things scientifically... Instead of asking the question and working towards and answer they all start with the answer and look for evidence to invalidate everyone else's answer. Regardless of the evidence their answer doesn't change.

If you're after serious scientific answers on things lik the age of the universe you can pretty much go ahead and ignore out-of-hand most of what the YECs say - because they're just trying to prove their answer instead of checking to see if it's the right one. 

It's YOUR Hell, YOU burn in it.
http://healyhatman.blogspot.com/