atheists are retarted [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
atheists are retarted [YOU RESPOND]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rational Response Squad"
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:30 AM
Subject: [Defend my God!] You are wrong! !!!!!

> Cloe sent a message using the contact form at
> http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.
>
> You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we
> evolved from something different? You are so dumb!!!!!! Evolution has been
> proved wrong so many times and has never been proved right. That is the
> truth and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!! God
> created the universe so just get over it already... You lost the debate
> before it even started. You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit
> that you have been proven wrong.
>
>
>

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Awwww, I love you too!!

Awwww, I love you too!! Smiling


D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
Posts: 715
Joined: 2007-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Duuuuh, I don't get it.

Duuuuh, I don't get it.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rational Response Squad" Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:30 AM Subject: [Defend my God!] You are wrong! !!!!! > Cloe sent a message using the contact form at > http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact. > > You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we > evolved from something different? You are so dumb!!!!!! Evolution has been > proved wrong so many times and has never been proved right. That is the > truth and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!! God > created the universe so just get over it already... You lost the debate > before it even started. You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit > that you have been proven wrong. > > >

 So if one is to for argument's sake take that postion I dont see how that would default to spirit sperm, multiple armed deities or 72 virgins.

But I am quite sure you have a petri dish full of godsperm I could look at under a microscope right? Get back to me when you are ready with that.  

Dont worry, I wont hold my breath.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
Posts: 358
Joined: 2007-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Oh?? I get it now. You are

Oh?? I get it now. You are the intelligent designer!!

 All bow down and Hail thee Creator!!


AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
Posts: 157
Joined: 2006-12-26
User is offlineOffline
I hope this guy doesn't get

I hope this guy doesn't get yearly flu vaccinations, because we could use one less stupid person on the planet.


satchalen
satchalen's picture
Posts: 28
Joined: 2007-05-31
User is offlineOffline
here's something with a

here's something with a little more meat to it....

 

    deer mr. not-retarded,

    u dont mind if i call u mr do u?  it is my sincirest hoppe to speek 2 u in terms that we bofth can undrstand, so if i'v givn a fence, pleese 4give me.  i asoom ur fimilier with 4givness right?

    i taken the time 2 address ur consernes, so pleese take the time to wread thru them.

    "You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we  evolved from something different?"
    this is a very importnt aspecked of evolushion: that 1 thing chandges  from what it is to something els.  something differnt.  wood that there was no chandge, there wood b no evolving to speak of.  the vary definishion of evolushion rather prezumes differnces.

    or perhaps u ment to say that they (i assoom u r referrng to the ubiquitous "They" here, whom i will presoom to speek 4, despight a lack in affileashun with this entitee) repeetedlie chandge their idia of what weave efolved fromm.  while i cannt persenly adtest to this perpetuwal scientifick shifting of pozition, if this were indeed truwe, it wood fall quiet inline with scientifick methedollodgie: that is 2 say that sciense is constandtly revizing its stance as it obtanes nu infermatian.  where old theoryes and hippothiseas are disproving, they are eithr revized with the nu dada, or throne out as falze.  in sciense, change is a good thing.

    "You are so dumb!!!!!!"
    in this u r quiet likelie correct.  after all, i am unable 2 deduice the most simplistick of questchions: why m i hear?  i cannt resolfve such prosaick things as "if god is ommipatent, can he make a trieianglar circkle?"  if we halve nuthin else in comon, u and i, we can agree at leist that we are bofth onley hueman.

    "Evolution has been proved wrong so many times and has never been proved right. That is the truth..."
    woow, i halve never quiet thouht of it that way.  all allong i halve bein serchin 4 the proofed of evilusion, and din't reileyes that it has alreaddy bien proved wronge.  and now, with much thanz 2 u, i can truely say that i know teh truwth.  begin dumb as i am, as u have so aptlee proved alreaddy, can u proeveyed me with this proofed so that i mighte use it 2 preech the gospell ackordengly?

    "and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!!"
    what worryes me most about this possibillity is exacktly how retarded i might be.  if i'm like holy-fuck-you-can't-even-spell-god retarded, how coold i come 2 truely understannd him?  a beying so powwerfull to creiate the hole world and the univers and everthng in it must be reelly reelly reelly reelly reelly reelly rellly reely reeeeeeeeellllllliiiieeeee smart and stuff, and i cant even understnd elvolushion.  how can i knowe god?

    "God created the universe so just get over it already..."
    i'm stiel confuzed on this part.  was that 4000 yeers ago, or 14 billyin?  if it was 4000 yeers ago, how are we abel to sea starlite a brazilian light yeers away?  it woodn't halve reeched us yet.  if it was 14 billyin yeers ago, how come theer aint any dinersoars in the bible?  i gueess im just 2 dumb 2 get it.

   "You lost the debate before it even started."
    again, i just dont get this.  how cood i halbe lost before i starterd?  if chirstains halve some kind of time werp device, i think thats reelly reelly reelly reelly reelly reelly rellly reely reeeeeeeeellllllliiiieeeee unfare of them to use it aginst me in the debait.  they cood go back in time and know what i were gonn say befour i did, and i wooldn't ever b abel to say anything that they wood halve alreaddy had a response 4.

   wow! now i get it!  that's how they asnerred my rebootal about the law of thermaldynamicks and ocklams razer!  geniuous!

   "You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit that you have been proven wrong."
   Actually, Unretarded, let me tell you how prideful I'm not.

   Being an atheist does not mean I am incapable of believing in gods.  It only means that you are incapable of making me believe.  Worse still, neither is your god capable, lest we not be having this discussion. 

   To wit:  Either your god is omnipotent and omnibenevolent, or he isn't.  If he is omnipotent, it would be quite easy for him to offer you a revelation as you type that would afford you the words necessary to bring me to his eternal home in heaven.  If he is also omnibenevolent and so much so that he gave his only begotten son (despite that being rather unkind to him, mind), why should he suddenly despise me and allow me to flame in hell for want of a better email than what you sent?  All of that notwithstanding, would that I were as stupid as you wish me to be, you would not even need your god's intervention to prove me wrong in the first place, you would handily destroy every dumb argument I make; which I will point out, via this very sentence, you have also failed to do.

   Being an atheist does not mean I am immune to religion, nor even stupidity.  Indeed, if unequivocal proof of the providence of the almighty xenu should surface tomorrow, I can assure you that I'd be beating your ass six ways til Friday to be the first in line for the holy DC-9 into the sky.  After all, who WOULDN'T want to live in heaven?  I sure as fuck do! 

See, in my heaven, I'll be doing 24-hour sweaty steamy sessions with my wife, Kirsten Dunst and five of her "closest" friends  w00t!  Sure, there would be no hunger, no thirst, no jealousy, and no fuckin pumpkin pie either.  I wonder, Unretarded, if that's similar to your idea of heaven?  If not, are you really being honest with yourself?  If xenu/god/allah/yahweh/santa/gandalf/gaiga/flying spaghetti monster would smile down upon you and say "eat, fuck and be merry" that you wouldn't want a little bit of that too?  And I wonder if that would be Kirsten's idea of heaven, having to deal with my incessant heavenly jaunts?  Maybe it is as long as she could have pumpkin pie.  Well hell, I could make a compromise there, and we'd be rockin the clouds from here til eternity w00t w00t!!!

Ain't it funny, though, how we can surmise and hypothesize and theorize and eventually come to consensus about the physical characteristics of the surface of Mars despite neither of us having ever been there, but cannot do the same for something so epic and poignant as heaven, despite having the word of god as our witness, which is far more empirical than mere science?  Wonder why that is? 

Because one of us is certainly retarded, no doubt.

That I have managed to disbelieve and discard the numerous gods and heavens that have been offered to me stands testament not to my pride or inability to do so, but to their inefficacy to command so.  Whether arrogant or stupid, I have proven to be more than a match for you, your god, and any supposed logic or tesimony inherent to either.  But as far more damning proof of my stupidity than anything you've conjured, one needs consider merely my decision to waste time responding to you when I could have been doing something far more productive, like creating unwholesome images of the virgin Mary and Joseph's goat a la linguine el dente and posting them on youtube. 

Maybe you're right after all, I am completely retarded.  Have fun in heaven.

if (born++) {truth=null};


Garnok
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-05-16
User is offlineOffline
You say evolution is never

You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we evolved from something different?

No, evolution has yet to be shown wrong. Are there gaps in the theory? Sure, there are gaps in almost any theory. We don't have all the information yet, but we do have enough to make working models on how things in nature work. When new data becomes available (through discovery, not revelation) it is added to the theory. If it fits the theory becomes stronger. If it does not the theory is corrected so that it does fit or a new theory is made so that the data is included. That, in simple terms, is how science works.

As for the last part, it has always been that contemporary humans evolved from ape- like primates. You may be confused here because scientists have said what those primates evolved from and what that evolved from and so forth. It would be advisable to learn about that which you plan on criticizing before hand. Otherwise, you will only succeed at making yourself look foolish.

Evolution has been proved wrong so many times and has never been proved right.

Really? I would have thought that that would make headline somewhere. Can you provide an example where it has been "proved" wrong?

That is the truth and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!!

For something that is the truth that which supports it come up awfully thin, if at all. Since you have done nothing to back your assertions it might not be a good idea to insult people's intelligence. This is especially so when you have given us ample reason to think you have not educated yourself about the topic at hand (evolution).

God created the universe so just get over it already... You lost the debate before it even started. You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit that you have been proven wrong.

You have made the claim, now back it up. You say it as if it is so obvious so I can only assume that you have loads of evidence to support the assertion that god created the universe. Let's see it. If you cannot show any evidence then maybe you ought to rethink just who it is that is too prideful here as well as the insults.

 


djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
Posts: 564
Joined: 2007-04-13
User is offlineOffline
retarded people don't

retarded people don't believe in god? well, i think that's a generalization. i'm sure some do, but i'm not sure "retarted" is the politically correct term..

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens


Voided
Posts: 1195
Joined: 2006-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Cloe wrote: You say

Cloe wrote:
You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we evolved from something different?

Ok if you are asking why science is saying we evolved from different orginisms you should probably look up the theory a bit more. If you mean why does science keep changing what they think happens you are just seeing how science works. Now the word different just be used carefully. It be different in the sense you are different from your parents only over a longer time and a lot of parents in between.

Quote:
You are so dumb!!!!!! Evolution has been proved wrong so many times and has never been proved right.

I suppose you could prove it wrong then correct?

Quote:
That is the truth and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!!

No, not really. I'd take an IQ test if you like.

Quote:
God created the universe so just get over it already... You lost the debate before it even started. You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit that you have been proven wrong.

...

I know many here would like it if there was a god that would make sure everything turns out ok, but we just don't go by finding things true by what we would like to be true.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
I think "retarted" is when a

I think "retarted" is when a desert has to be done over maybe?


Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rational Response Squad" Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:30 AM Subject: [Defend my God!] You are wrong! !!!!! > Cloe sent a message using the contact form at > http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact. > > You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we > evolved from something different? You are so dumb!!!!!! Evolution has been > proved wrong so many times and has never been proved right. That is the > truth and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!! God > created the universe so just get over it already... You lost the debate > before it even started. You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit > that you have been proven wrong. > > >

 

Actually quite the opposite. 


marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
Posts: 676
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rational Response Squad" Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:30 AM Subject: [Defend my God!] You are wrong! !!!!! > Cloe sent a message using the contact form at > http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact. > > You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we > evolved from something different? You are so dumb!!!!!! Evolution has been > proved wrong so many times and has never been proved right. That is the > truth and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!! God > created the universe so just get over it already... You lost the debate > before it even started. You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit > that you have been proven wrong. > > >

See, that's what I love about this country. You can be a religious drone, spouting idiocy, and it's not against the law. This guy is free to spread is half-witted ideology without fear of reprisal. And that's a great thing.

 


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
"You say evolution is

"You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we  evolved from something different?"

 Traslation:

You say we keep changing, so why do you say we keep changing? And why do I not relize that change=change? 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


Atheist Eye Candy
Atheist Eye Candy's picture
Posts: 11
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
Actually oh unwise one.

Actually oh unwise one. you're wrong. you see what had happened waas.......we find MORE prood pointing towards evolution every day. It's science it continues to grow and learn and make new discoveries....does it matter how you make the cake as long as the end result it still a cake?

 

your point it moot and im offended because i have a mentally ill family member...retarted is not a word to be thrown around lightly. i would use...remedial.

 

thanks.

 

and what proof do you have??? NONE. therefore some evidence wins against none. next time you have a little jesus chat give him the memo that i said to cover his tracks.

Heather
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.


joewhyit
Posts: 43
Joined: 2007-06-12
User is offlineOffline
Once again, we see evidence

Once again, we see evidence as to why 12 year olds shouldn't be allowed on tha intarwebs.


Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
joewhyit wrote: Once again,

joewhyit wrote:
Once again, we see evidence as to why 12 year olds shouldn't be allowed on tha intarwebs.


ProfessionalWidow
ProfessionalWidow's picture
Posts: 19
Joined: 2007-06-29
User is offlineOffline
Oy

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rational Response Squad" Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:30 AM Subject: [Defend my God!] You are wrong! !!!!! > Cloe sent a message using the contact form at > http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact. > > You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we > evolved from something different? You are so dumb!!!!!! Evolution has been > proved wrong so many times and has never been proved right. That is the > truth and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!! God > created the universe so just get over it already... You lost the debate > before it even started. You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit > that you have been proven wrong. > > >

First of all, consistency in spelling is always nice. Retarted v. retarded...very interesting. Anyway, I really don't know why you're so defensive. It's as if we poked you in the eye with a fork (hmm...). Please tell me when and how evolution was proved wrong "so many times." I guarantee that science backs up this theory.

You state that god "created the universe." OK, prove it. How do you know this? As I do not accept "the bible says so" as proof, show me what you have. I'll peruse it and get back to you.

You mention that we are "dumb atheists" who are "too prideful to admit that [we] have been proven wrong." Really? It sounds like you are the one who is prideful and can't admit that the "bible" isn't the end all, be all. Overall, you sound very upset about this. Perhaps there's a therapist that you can speak with regarding your anger.

PW

"Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought."
~Graham Greene


WormGetsItsWings
WormGetsItsWings's picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2007-08-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Subject: [Defend my

Quote:
Subject: [Defend my God!] You are wrong! !!!!!

> Cloe sent a message using the contact form at > http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

Hi there, Cloe! Prepare to be annihilated!

Quote:
You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we evolved from something different?

I will concede that arguments do arise in the scientific community over when, where, and from what Homo Sapiens actually emerged, but this in no way invalidates the theory of evolution as a whole. Arguing about the details serves to fine-tune our understanding of it, but the general theory is agreed upon by the vast majority of the scientific community.

Quote:
You are so dumb!!!!!!

I hope you don't seriously think this argument proves your point. Ever hear of ad hominem? It's somewhat frowned upon in a logical debate.

Quote:
Evolution has been proved wrong so many times and has never been proved right. That is the truth

I would really like to see your evidence that proves evolution wrong. Evolution is one of the most strongly supported theories in all of science, and only gets stronger as the body of evidence continues to build. As far as being proven, well, nothing can be proven with absolute certainty, but we do have quite a bit of evidence for it. A list of just a small chunk of that evidence can be found here: http://talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA202.html

Quote:
and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!!

Again with the ad hominem. This statement proves absolutely nothing other than the fact that you can call people names.

Quote:
God created the universe

I beg to differ. Where is your evidence of this?

Quote:
so just get over it already...

I have a better idea, how about you get over your mental disorder that gives you delusions of a magic invisible man in the sky?

Quote:
You lost the debate before it even started.

Seeing as how I've provided logical arguments whereas you have not, I'd say you lost the debate, but let's ask the judges, shall we?

Quote:
You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit

That's it, you got us. All atheists know god is there, but we're on a damned power trip, and are rebelling against god. [/sarcasm] The atheist worldview is, in my opinion, far more humble than that of religion. I think it's far more arrogant to claim that you know the will of the creator of the universe, and that he cares for you, watches over you, and answers your prayers, than to assume that the universe doesn't give two shits about humanity.

Quote:
that you have been proven wrong

Again, show me your evidence, I've shown you mine.

 

These kinds of arguments may work in church, but here you're going to need to provide actual logic when you try to defend your god.

"On mine honour, my friend, [...] there is nothing of all that whereof thou speakest: there is no devil and no hell. Thy soul will be dead even sooner than thy body; fear, therefore, nothing any more!"

- from Nietzsche's Thus Spake Zarathustra


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1223
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
I'm rubber, you're glue

I'm rubber, you're glue


Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
Posts: 690
Joined: 2006-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Cloe wrote: You are so

Cloe wrote:
You are so dumb!!!!!! .... That is the truth and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!! ... You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit that you have been proven wrong.

Cloe,

It's important that I communicate with you on your level so that you understand me, so here's my response:

"am not" 

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca


Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
Posts: 1037
Joined: 2007-09-09
User is offlineOffline
Damn.

zarathustra wrote:
I'm rubber, you're glue

 

Awww... I wanted to say it... Sad

 

It's a good thing we remember how to speak 12 year old. We'd hate to confuse this person. 

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.


ManX
High Level Donor
Posts: 3
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Well done! You have taken

Well done! You have taken your first tentative step towards rational debate - Now read stuff, learn your subject, learn from others who may have a valid opinion - question everything you are told (especially by "authority figures" with hidden agendae). Be wise enough to know when you are wrong and man enough to admit it.

Please consider what people have written; try to understand why they have written what they have and understand that we just want to help you get better.

Have another go - but this time consider how you will be perceived by others; moderate your language, use punctuation correctly (and a dictionary for the hard words) and re-read your piece five times before posting.

I hope you have learned your lesson - don't poke fun at the clever kids!

Be good; have fun!

 

ManX 


Conor Wilson
Posts: 451
Joined: 2008-01-07
User is offlineOffline
Re: Cloe's e-mail to RRS

Good grief.  Is this actually standard for the e-mails that RRS receives?  I mean, the Catholicism I was taught in high school might not have been the truth which I was taught that it was...but our apologetics course taught us to argue better than this...much better.  Couldn't Cloe have at least *tried* oh, say...the argument from design? The argument from beauty?  Cardinal Newman's argument from conscience?  Something?

 

I'm sorely tempted to say "I refuse to dignify this with a response."  The irony is that that is, of course, a response---presumably, one that dignifies the original e-mail.  Personally, I'm at a loss to come up with anything better, though.

 

Conor

______________________________________________________________________________________

"Faith does not fear reason."--Pope Pius XII

"But it should!"--Me


discipleboy
Theist
Posts: 4
Joined: 2007-12-27
User is offlineOffline
Yes atheists are retarded

Im back, to explain why atheists are retarded, I apologize for my long absence, I was busy having a life.  This will probably be my last post/vist to your trenches, being a doctor I have little time for trivial matters, besides, during my visit to your little site and reading posts I have realized that this forum is simply a medium that affords impotent individuals, huddled in their mother's basements a rare chance to flex cyber muscle, a chance to hit back, be the man/woman they aren't. 

 

<><>     Now for the main event, why atheists are retarded 4 reasons.

1.  The word misnomer, defined below.

                  Noun1.misnomer  an incorrect or unsuitable name

 

The word atheist is a misnomer, the name to which you all so desperately cling.  Invented and used to revile sinners and wrongdoers or to shun them for acting (A)without (theist) belief in GOD.  Its creation and use was a misnomer to push the labeled sinner to repent, why would they repent if they were atheists?  

 

2.  Albert Einstein, one of the most intelligent and enlightened humans to live had a belief as seen in this exerpt written by him:

 

          “A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, our perceptions of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which only in their most primitive forms are accessible to our minds—it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute true religiosity; in this sense and in this sense alone, I am a deeply religious man.”   
                        --Albert Einstein
  

Even as, argueably the foremost scientist of the last two centuries, Einstein alludes to something he cannot explain, but he was a Deist, he saw enough to see beyond the limits of science, and acknowledge a God, not the kind so often argued about on this site but a God all the same.  Are you all smarter and more enlightend than him?

3.  Sir Isaac Newton, the inventor of calculus and credited with many other discoveries, also a type of Diest but a believer all the same, his exerpt follows:

       Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion. God governs all things and knows all that is or can be done.[1]

    This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent Being. … This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all; and on account of his dominion he is wont to be called “Lord God” πÉøÉÀÉ—ÉÕɻɜÉøÉ—É÷Éœ [pantokrat_r], or “Universal Ruler”. … The Supreme God is a Being eternal, infinite, absolutely perfect. Opposition to godliness is atheism in profession and idolatry in practice. Atheism is so senseless and odious to mankind that it never had many professors.[11]

<>                                                           --Sir Isaac Newton

<>I  hope you all paid special attention to the last three lines of the quotation,  Isaac Newton was one of the greatest minds of this world, are going to compare your idiotic "CORE MEMBER, PLATINUM, FOUNDER, RRS" bull crap to either of the above two examples?  If so youll be interested in reading my last example.

4.  Now for the cou de gras, the guy every atheist prays to nightly--               Charles Darwin.

<>    Did you know that your beloved Mr Darwin was very much a theist when he published his little paper on evolution giving credit to God for putting the process into motion, he was in fact a theist until his daughter died and than he questioned, even though he quetioned, prior to his death when asked he called himself an AGNOSTIC, and  claims he NEVER WAS ATHEIST.   Are you better than your own prophet? 

      I just want to state that I have little respect for Darwin as a Scientist or a man, I mean come on everybody deals with death and dying, professinally I have had the opportunity to witness how people deal with it and when the going gets tough the tough get going and the weak get atheist.

 

So take off the pizza stained RRS t-shirts, wash 3 weeks worth of butt sweat out of your shorts, get outside let the wind blow some of the stink off of ya, be an active witness of this world God made, try reaching out to help another mentally, physically, spiritually-- the trifecta of health (in the very least dont attempt to diminish another's spirituality because you have none).

The Devils Greatest Trick was convincing the World he does not exist.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
discipleboy wrote: Im

discipleboy wrote:
Im back, to explain why atheists are retarded, I apologize for my long absence, I was busy having a life.

You fuck up the contraction of the first word, proceed into a run-on sentence, and finish with a passive-aggressive (i.e. cowardly) ad hominem; which makes the following all the more implausible.

discipleboy wrote:
This will probably be my last post/vist to your trenches, being a doctor I have little time for trivial matters,

discipleboy wrote:
besides, during my visit to your little site and reading posts I have realized that this forum is simply a medium that affords impotent individuals, huddled in their mother's basements a rare chance to flex cyber muscle, a chance to hit back, be the man/woman they aren't.

<><>     Now for the main event, why atheists are retarded 4 reasons.

1.  The word misnomer, defined below.

                  Noun 1. misnomer  an incorrect or unsuitable name

The word atheist is a misnomer, the name to which you all so desperately cling.  Invented and used to revile sinners and wrongdoers or to shun them for acting (A)without (theist) belief in GOD.  Its creation and use was a misnomer to push the labeled sinner to repent, why would they repent if they were atheists?

Dictionaries adjust based on usage. Etymology alone won't validate your position.

discipleboy wrote:
2.  Albert Einstein, one of the most intelligent and enlightened humans to live had a belief as seen in this exerpt written by him:[...]

Nope, we're not doing this again. The Einstein angle has been beaten into the ground. At best, you're stuck contorting Einstein's vague pantheist allusions into support for whatever your beliefs are. And proof-wise, it doesn't matter what he believed in: he'd have to justify the belief like anyone else.

discipleboy wrote:
3.  Sir Isaac Newton[...]

Nope, you don't get this appeal to authority either.

discipleboy wrote:
4.  Now for the cou de gras, the guy every atheist prays to nightly--               Charles Darwin.

<>    Did you know that your beloved Mr Darwin was very much a theist when he published his little paper on evolution giving credit to God for putting the process into motion, he was in fact a theist until his daughter died and than he questioned, even though he quetioned, prior to his death when asked he called himself an AGNOSTIC, and  claims he NEVER WAS ATHEIST.   Are you better than your own prophet?

There's so much stupid in this paragraph, I don't know where to begin.

It's "coup de grâce," Dr. Hookedonphonics.

Unless you use the term "doctor" in the old German, or Hunter S. Thompsonian sense -- in which case you could be a doctor of custodial sciences -- you should find yourself somewhat dependent on information at least derivative of the man's work. He was a scientist, who wrote a science book. If you think atheists reach for "The Origin of Species" during stressful moments, to find solace in the symbiotic relationships of ants and aphids, then I've been wasting my 'breath.'

Finally, this is your third appeal to authority -- you fail.

discipleboy wrote:
I just want to state that I have little respect for Darwin as a Scientist or a man, I mean come on everybody deals with death and dying, professinally I have had the opportunity to witness how people deal with it and when the going gets tough the tough get going and the weak get atheist.

Another terrible run-on sentence, saying nothing.

discipleboy wrote:
So take off the pizza stained RRS t-shirts, wash 3 weeks worth of butt sweat out of your shorts, get outside let the wind blow some of the stink off of ya, be an active witness of this world God made, try reaching out to help another mentally, physically, spiritually-- the trifecta of health (in the very least dont attempt to diminish another's spirituality because you have none).

What does "spiritual" mean, aside from looking up a lot and smirking?


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
"It was, of course, a lie

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954

This guy is a serious asshat. From what he writes I'd say he's no more a doctor than Kent Hovind is. All the bad writing, nothing but ad-hominems, bad logic, etc. If he really is I hope never to be treated by him - he'd probably use leeches or something.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
SIR

SIR

By your prose I can tell immediately that you are most certainly not a Doctor. If you had reached that level of education, you surely would have proper elucidation in English, for MD programs require a certain prerequisite set that begins with one's high school grades, and it does not come particularly as a suprise to me that you are, in fact, still in high school, seeing as we found your Godtube account.

Now, regarding your assertions

-You claim (a) Atheism is a misnomer based on your belief that, and I quote:

Quote:

The word atheist is a misnomer, the name to which you all so desperately cling. Invented and used to revile sinners and wrongdoers or to shun them for acting (A)without (theist) belief in GOD. Its creation and use was a misnomer to push the labeled sinner to repent, why would they repent if they were atheists?

This sentence makes no sense, not even in terms of syntactical elucidation. For one, it does not express any coherent points, and two it is simply an assertion, whatever the assertion is (I can't make heads or tails of it) and lastly it is etymlogically false. a is a negation prefix as in amyotrophic or atheist.

Regarding your next point, I believe it has already been quite established that religious apologists shall not have any luck with Einstein trying to twist his pantheistic views to fit their own propositions, however, Einstein was a staunch physicalist. He believed in Objective reality, that is to say, that the physical world was a closed causal system with no supernatural intervention, for such ideas would be anathema to his system. It wouldn't particularly matter, however. Obviously, anyone who has to make the point that famous person X was theistic is making a terribly weak argument and an ad vericandum fallacy.

I wonder where you developed the (ludicrous) idea that Charles Darwin was a prophet. THe man was simply a scientist, a scientist who developed a scientific theory. The claim that anyone would pray nightly to Charles Darwin is simply a figment of your overactive, sixteen year old imagination, which hence invalidates the rest of your confusing and meaningless screed, which is also another ad vericandum fallacy. Perhaps before engaging in discussion with your interlocutors, you should find out who they are.

The rest of your post rambles through a slew of completely meaningless sentences and propositions which express nothing coherent whatsoever. The claim of your profession is simply a lie, something I spotted from your prose long before we had actually verified it by checking your Godtube account. Your ideas are nonsense, your assertions are nonsense, your prose is that of a simpleton or a half-wit, I most certainly know I could express myself with orders of magnitude more clear and intelligent English at the age of 16. Perhaps asking you to have an intelligent discourse on any matter is hence an exercise in utter futulity. Perhaps, therefore, before even typing your syntactically incorrect nonsense, you should consult the following:

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1223
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
discipleboy wrote:

discipleboy wrote:

4. Now for the cou de gras, the guy every atheist prays to nightly-- Charles Darwin.

"cou de gras"? NECK OF FAT???!

Hey Mr. M.D., if you disdain Darwin so much, I think you need to find a new profession.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra

zarathustra wrote:
discipleboy wrote:

4. Now for the cou de gras, the guy every atheist prays to nightly-- Charles Darwin.

"cou de gras"? NECK OF FAT???!

LOL. That's awesome. 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)


Conor Wilson
Posts: 451
Joined: 2008-01-07
User is offlineOffline
To: MattShizzle, magilum,

To: MattShizzle, magilum, deludedgod, and zarathustra:

 

I'll admit it: I had no idea what to say to discipleboy's post.  Not because I thought he was right (...I know better than that,...) but because I was stuck for words with which to respond.

 

I see that I have much to learn from you.

 

Conor

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Faith does not fear reason."--Pope Pius XII

"But it should!"--Me


FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
Posts: 173
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
*Lois tone*

*Lois tone* lol.......whaaaaatttt?!


FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
Posts: 455
Joined: 2007-10-02
User is offlineOffline
George, this is Laura. quit

George, this is Laura. quit getting owned by the RRS, you've got a nation to run.


joewhyit
Posts: 43
Joined: 2007-06-12
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You say evolution is

Quote:
You say evolution is never proved wrong but then why do they keep saying we evolved from something different?

Cite your sources, fuckwit. Who are "they"?

Quote:
You are so dumb!!!!!!

How can I argue with so many exclamation points?

Quote:
Evolution has been proved wrong so many times and has never been proved right.

Name one instance. Don't worry; I'll wait.

Quote:
That is the truth and if you don't believe in God then you are retarded!!!!

So, taking something as fact without requiring proof makes me... smart? Thanks for clearing that one up.

Quote:
God created the universe so just get over it already... You lost the debate before it even started. You dumb atheists are just to prideful to admit
that you have been proven wrong.

Considering you couldn't debate your way into a hooker's cocksocket, I don't think I can take your claim of victory on faith...

(See that? The use of the term "faith"? Yeah, you love my irony skills.)


DaneAlex
DaneAlex's picture
Posts: 8
Joined: 2008-04-01
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

Okay, first of all, evolution has never been considered "fact," and if you've heard otherwise, then it was probably considered a fact based on opinion. As it stands, evolution is--according to science--the most likely explanation as to where we came from, but there is still the possibility that there is a better explanation. If evolution was fact or was considered fact in the academic field, then it would be in school curriculum starting as early as grade school. After all, the origin of the human species is a relatively important topic. If your hostility is really just poorly-expressed worry that evolution is a fact or soon to be considered fact, just turn on the TV and about once a week, there's a school on the news who said the word "Darwinism," and it's made a huge uproar.

Now, that's not to say I don't believe in evolution, because it's a fact to me regardless of whether or not is in the scientific field. I can't imagine there being a better explanation, but again, I'm not denying the possibility that there could be. What I don't understand is that, logically, creationism just doesn't make much sense. I mean, six days? Come on. I'd say that evolution is probably 90% more likely than creationism, and that's a generous estimation. I think it's interesting, though, how so many people will stand on that 10%....

Interesting...


weisserose (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Thought experiment. I found

Thought experiment. I found it on YouTube, and wanted to see what kind of reaction it got here.

 

You're sitting across the table from a person who claims to be God. Not just any God, THE God, as in "the Supreme Being," and he wants to prove it to you. What evidence can he provide to demonstrate that he's God?

 

Bear in mind Clarke's Third Law.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Okay, first of all,

Quote:

Okay, first of all, evolution has never been considered "fact,"

...and in the first line of your post, you demonstrate overwhelming ignorance of the subject at hand, hence undermining your ability to comment further. Allow me to articulate. "Theory" and "fact" in science are not relative positions on a truth heirarchy. Theories constitute models explaining phenomenon by that theories make testable predictions. Facts constitute the observation of said phenomenon. If I gather some data detailing the relationship between voltage and current in a wire, these numbers are facts. If I infer as to why they are directly proportional, I have now invoked Ohmic theory. The same holds true for evolution, which is both a theory and a fact as considered by the definitions of these two words by the scientific community. It is fact in that is an observable process which was first observed by Charles Darwin in the Galapagos hence leading to Origin of Species and continues to be observed by scientists who study ecology and evolutionary biology (and microbiology and molecular biology and bacteriology and virology and zoology and botany). Hence in this sense it is a fact. Much like the Earth is 4.57 billion years old is a fact and that there is a lineage of common descent is a fact, whereas, say, the model which explains how radioactive decay works is a theory (whereas that radioactive decay occurs is a fact). See the difference now? It means nothing in the same manner as the layman versions of the words, nor does fact mean superior to theory. They are complementary concepts in basic scientific methodology.

It is a theory in that it postulates a mechanism by which this observed process, called the theory of Darwinian Natural selection, which has technically now been overtaken by a more modern model of evolutionary biology called the modern synthesis.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
Posts: 904
Joined: 2008-04-02
User is offlineOffline
Quote:As it stands,

Quote:

As it stands, evolution is--according to science--the most likely explanation as to where we came from, but there is still the possibility that there is a better explanation.

 

The second line ain't much better. According to its logic "most likely according to science" is superceded in "betterness" by a possibility that purports to be true which is, by the speaker's own admission, non-scientific and unknown. Given that this could mean just about anything that defies logic and known data it seriously calls into question the intelligence (or sanity) of the person making the statement since it not only allows for the fact that the christian fundamentalist position is true but also allows for the possibility that the universe originated in the soiled diaper of the Lesser Spotted Grebnick's youngest Garbledork ...

 

... a theory that might even provide comfort to some poor deluded fools out there, but which unfortunately presents the same causality dilemma that the fundamentalists choose to avoid contemplating and which - as Darwin's work famously proved - science bravely tackles.

 

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy