I'm starting a petition to get you off the net

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
I'm starting a petition to get you off the net

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rational Response Squad"
To:
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 1:14 AM
Subject: [Defend my God!] PLEASE READ

LUCAS sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN GOD AND IF YOU GUYS WANT TO BE ATHEIST THEN FINE, BUT DON'T GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED. THIS IS SO MESSED UP. IF THERE WASN'T
A GOD THEN HOW IS ANYTHING HERE? EVEN IF THERE WAS A BIG BANG OR WE DID
EVOLVE(WHICH WE DIDN'T) THEN HOW DID IT ALL GET STARTED? EVEN THE ENERGY HAS TO HAVE A HIGHER POWER. I WILL START A PETITION AND GET YOU GUYS OFF THE NET. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Separate message from the same guy:

Quote:

HOW CAN YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS HORRIBLE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. IF YOU WANT TO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD THATS YOUR THING, BUT WHEN YOU GET TEENS TO DENOUNCE THEIR FAITH THAT IS SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT. IF THERE WASN'T A GOD HOW WOULD ANYTHING BE HERE? EVEN IF WE DID EVOLVE (WHICH WE DIDN'T) OR THERE WAS A BIG BANG WHERE DID IT START? THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE A HIGHER POWER. EVEN THE BIG BANG WOULD TAKE AN ENERGY FORCE WHICH WOULD HAVE TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE. I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING, "IF THERE WAS A GOD WHY IS THERE SO MUCH WRONG IN THE WORLD?" IT'S BECAUSE SIN WAS INTRODUCED INTO THE WORLD AND OUR OWN FREE WILL. LIKE I SAID IF YOU WANT TO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD THAT'S YOUR THING, BUT DON'T YOU EVER GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED!!! GOD BLESS YOU.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


AmericanIdle
Posts: 414
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
This is either a person

This is either a person demonstrating mental instability w/ passive-aggressive tendencies or my mom...in which case both would apply.

 

Oh, and if it is in fact the latter, .....my apolologies !  She'll be in bed by 9:30 PM at the latest.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
Quote: HOW CAN YOU DO

Quote:
HOW CAN YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Is this a question?

Quote:
BUT WHEN YOU GET TEENS TO DENOUNCE THEIR FAITH THAT IS SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

What are you talking about? 

Quote:
OR THERE WAS A BIG BANG WHERE DID IT START?

If there was a god, where did it start? 

Quote:
IT'S BECAUSE SIN WAS INTRODUCED INTO THE WORLD AND OUR OWN FREE WILL.

Sin as made by your god, your not all powerful god is is easily over-powered by a human. 

Quote:
BUT DON'T YOU EVER GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED!!! GOD BLESS YOU.

Tell that to the churches then.

Keep your blankets close. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
AmericanIdle wrote: This

AmericanIdle wrote:

This is either a person demonstrating mental instability w/ passive-aggressive tendencies or my mom...in which case both would apply.

LOL

Fellow theists: you're killing me.  Surely there are more intellectual theists out there?  People who can actually sting an argument together without resorting to the Caps Lock key?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
LOL Fellow theists: you're

LOL

Fellow theists: you're killing me.  Surely there are more intellectual theists out there?  People who can actually sting an argument together without resorting to the Caps Lock key?

Hey, you're back! And with a good point to start. It is rather frighening I do admit, but I assure you that this is not the work of anyone with a high degree of or even a mediocre amount of intelligence. If you want to find someone "more intellectual" perhaps just walk up to the man on the street. This guy is undoubtably unstable. 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


mrjonno
Posts: 726
Joined: 2007-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Wow his stunning logic and

Wow his stunning logic and argument has destroyed all my beilef in reality and the flying spaghetti monster.

 

Before this email I thought life was just a bowl of very tasty noodles now I realise that only by accepting a man who is his own father who was sent down to  save us from the sins he gave us in the first place via a talking snake and by being raised as a zombie

 

Praiisssssssssse Jessssssssssussss


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote: AmericanIdle

Cory T wrote:
AmericanIdle wrote:

This is either a person demonstrating mental instability w/ passive-aggressive tendencies or my mom...in which case both would apply.

LOL

Fellow theists: you're killing me. Surely there are more intellectual theists out there? People who can actually sting an argument together without resorting to the Caps Lock key?

Welcome back, Cory T!  We've missed you!!

Yes, there are more intellectual theists - you, razorphreak, etc.  I hate it when they poo like this and then don't stick around to clean up the mess.  I also hate it when they yell at me.  I'm gonna market a keyboard for remedial theists that does not have a caps lock key and program it so that whatever they type ends up displaying "You were right; I was wrong" on the screen. 


serotonin_wraith
serotonin_wraith's picture
Posts: 119
Joined: 2007-03-10
User is offlineOffline
To Lucas: It seems you're

To Lucas:

It seems you're pretty angry with the RRS, but we can assure you that no one is being forced to do anything. If anyone comes here, or takes the Blasphemy Challenge, it's by choice.

There are anti-black sites out there with plenty of members. Do you think they were forced to join up? Does anyone even have to click on one if they don't want to?

But, raising a child to believe in one God amongst thousands when they can't think properly for themselves, and then keeping that belief alive through fear of hell when they can think is forcing someone to believe what you believe.

If you want to believe in the Judeo-Christian God that's up to you, anyone can believe what they want to. Are you going to try and close down the Muslim, Buddhist, Mormon, Hindu etc sites now too, or is it just the atheists you don't want denouncing your God?


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote: Fellow

Cory T wrote:

Fellow theists: you're killing me. Surely there are more intellectual theists out there? People who can actually sting an argument together without resorting to the Caps Lock key?

LOL. 


kmisho
kmisho's picture
Posts: 298
Joined: 2006-08-18
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I AM A FIRM BELIEVER

Quote:
I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN GOD AND IF YOU GUYS WANT TO BE ATHEIST THEN FINE, BUT DON'T GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED.

I agree. I will not get anyone involved in atheism, if he will get no one involved in christianity?

Understand what I'm saying? You are not allowed to evangelize from now on.


NinjaTux
NinjaTux's picture
Posts: 265
Joined: 2007-01-02
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote: Fellow

Cory T wrote:

Fellow theists: you're killing me. Surely there are more intellectual theists out there? People who can actually sting an argument together without resorting to the Caps Lock key?

Don't feel bad, I've met dumb atheists before.  I thin kthere should be a third group, Theists, Atheists and A-thoughtists....only the people that can intelligently discuss their beliefs (they don't always have to, they just have to have the ability to) get to be in the first 2 categories.....oh sorry I forgot deists....but they don't really matter that much ....j/k...

No Gods, Know Peace.


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
I'm not even going to

I'm not even going to respond to that message.

As for the petition...good luck.


Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
Posts: 592
Joined: 2007-04-11
User is offlineOffline
Tisk tisk, trying to

Tisk tisk, trying to control the interweb.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
would you like some cheese

would you like some cheese and crackers to go with that whine?  I mean, really!  Its not like anyone is getting forced into this, people are coming here on their own volition.  You find this offensive?  Well, I find your ignorance and the fact that you type in all caps lock offensive.  I think I'm going to start a petition to have you banned from the net!  So there! 

If god takes life he's an indian giver


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
They had a petition for

They had a petition for Paris Hilton to kill herself...and it didn't work.


Icebergin
Icebergin's picture
Posts: 121
Joined: 2007-04-18
User is offlineOffline
HAY GUYZ! WUT IZ DA SHIFT

HAY GUYZ!

WUT IZ DA SHIFT KEY 4? LAWLZ!

Seriously, this has to be a troll message. No one is THAT stupid, right? RIGHT!?

FSM help us all...

YOU shut the fuck up! WE'LL save America!


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10610
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
There's really not much

There's really not much point in me addressing the questions asked by the emailer. If by chance he/she proves that they will look at the topic then I will, but in the mean time I'll just thank them for helping to promote atheism by advertising it's existance and a place to learn more about it all at the same time. Petitions are great. Especially since they can't accomplish what he wants them to accomplish.

Cory T wrote:
AmericanIdle wrote:

This is either a person demonstrating mental instability w/ passive-aggressive tendencies or my mom...in which case both would apply.

LOL

Fellow theists: you're killing me.  Surely there are more intellectual theists out there?  People who can actually sting an argument together without resorting to the Caps Lock key?

I was starting to worry you'd left us. Smiling

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
As for the petition...good

As for the petition...good luck.

I was wondering about that, there is no ownership of internet space except domain names. How in the fuck do they intend to "petition" a site off? The internet might be a democracy, but domain ownership is not. If it was, they would have voted the Phelpsies off a long time ago. What drugs is this guy taking? 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote: What

deludedgod wrote:

What drugs is this guy taking? 

Don't know, but I want to take a hit! 


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
This person sending contact

This person sending contact form messages in the middle of the night so is probably a drunk xian.  ("Gimme another beer there, fella!  This twelve-pack is gone.&quotEye-wink  Don't ya just love the fact that he sent two silly messages?  Did he forget he sent the first one?

Of course it's a contact form because they want to "hit and run" without posting where everyone can see their stupidity. What in the world do they hope to accomplish?

It's really kinda sad, though.  This person is obviously very poor.  His PC is old, doesn't work well and the keyboard shift key is stuck on ALL CAPS.

I will say in his defense, at least this asshat can spell (or at least uses SpellCheck). 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote: AmericanIdle

Cory T wrote:
AmericanIdle wrote:

This is either a person demonstrating mental instability w/ passive-aggressive tendencies or my mom...in which case both would apply.

LOL

Fellow theists: you're killing me. Surely there are more intellectual theists out there? People who can actually sting an argument together without resorting to the Caps Lock key?

 

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: LOL,

todangst wrote:

LOL, Todangst! 


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: Cory T

jce wrote:
Cory T wrote:
AmericanIdle wrote:

This is either a person demonstrating mental instability w/ passive-aggressive tendencies or my mom...in which case both would apply.

LOL

Fellow theists: you're killing me. Surely there are more intellectual theists out there? People who can actually sting an argument together without resorting to the Caps Lock key?

Welcome back, Cory T! We've missed you!!

Yes, there are more intellectual theists - you, razorphreak, etc. I hate it when they poo like this and then don't stick around to clean up the mess. I also hate it when they yell at me. I'm gonna market a keyboard for remedial theists that does not have a caps lock key and program it so that whatever they type ends up displaying "You were right; I was wrong" on the screen.

Razorphreak?  The guy who didn't think the Bible ordered the stoning of homosexuals?  Intellectual?  Really?

Ah, he's as brother in Christ.  I just couldn't resist the shot. It was right there.  I really am a fair-weather fan

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: I

todangst wrote:

I haven't played Magic in YEARS... that was a good one.  Smiling 


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: would

pariahjane wrote:

would you like some cheese and crackers to go with that whine? I mean, really! Its not like anyone is getting forced into this, people are coming here on their own volition. You find this offensive? Well, I find your ignorance and the fact that you type in all caps lock offensive. I think I'm going to start a petition to have you banned from the net! So there!

Where do I sign this petition?

"I find your ignorance and the fact that you type in all caps lock offensive."  heee-heeee  Laughing

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
kmisho wrote: Quote: I AM

kmisho wrote:

Quote:
I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN GOD AND IF YOU GUYS WANT TO BE ATHEIST THEN FINE, BUT DON'T GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED.

I agree. I will not get anyone involved in atheism, if he will get no one involved in christianity?

Understand what I'm saying? You are not allowed to evangelize from now on.

I understand.  Lucas's brain isn't getting enough oxygen. 

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2006-02-22
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: Cory T

todangst wrote:
Cory T wrote:
AmericanIdle wrote:

This is either a person demonstrating mental instability w/ passive-aggressive tendencies or my mom...in which case both would apply.

LOL

Fellow theists: you're killing me. Surely there are more intellectual theists out there? People who can actually sting an argument together without resorting to the Caps Lock key?

 

LMAO, these are all great!

 

 

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." [Albert Einstein, letter to Hoffman and Dukas, 1946]


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
Mordagar wrote: LMAO,

Mordagar wrote:

LMAO, these are all great!

 

Two bones about this post.  First, the FSM should be a Black creaure.  I think that fits in more closely with it, since the FSM is supposed to be a deceptive entity by nature.  Second, he really should be a LEGENDARY Creature, since, after all, there can be only one. 

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
I really want the URL to

I really want the URL to this petition. I'd sign it a hundred times. It wouldn't matter, but it'd be fun to generate some controversy for you guys. A similar petition did wonders for Maddox's site, why not use this to our advantage?


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote: jce

Cory T wrote:
jce wrote:

Welcome back, Cory T! We've missed you!!

Yes, there are more intellectual theists - you, razorphreak, etc. I hate it when they poo like this and then don't stick around to clean up the mess. I also hate it when they yell at me. I'm gonna market a keyboard for remedial theists that does not have a caps lock key and program it so that whatever they type ends up displaying "You were right; I was wrong" on the screen.

Razorphreak? The guy who didn't think the Bible ordered the stoning of homosexuals? Intellectual? Really?

Ah, he's as brother in Christ. I just couldn't resist the shot. It was right there. I really am a fair-weather fan.

Yeah, I'd have to take issue with calling razorphreak an intellectual too. This is before I knew that he/she didn't know that the bible ordered the stoning of gays. 


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
LUCAS wrote: I WILL

LUCAS wrote:
I WILL START A PETITION AND GET YOU GUYS OFF THE NET
Hmmm I'm thinking of starting a petition to get you on some kind of medication

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10610
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote: Mordagar

Cory T wrote:
Mordagar wrote:

LMAO, these are all great!

 

Two bones about this post.  First, the FSM should be a Black creaure.  I think that fits in more closely with it, since the FSM is supposed to be a deceptive entity by nature.  Second, he really should be a LEGENDARY Creature, since, after all, there can be only one. 

You can't be black and legendary though. Legends are multicoloured, so black and blue instead of blue and colourless mana summoning costs would be the best choice. Black for the fighting theism(white), and blue for the use of the mind in doing so. Eye-wink

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
I wonder if this person is

I wonder if this person is any relation to the guy that is boycotting this forum.

(Of course, I can only assume that what's-his-name is still boycotting this forum and not lurking.) 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: You can't

Vastet wrote:
You can't be black and legendary though. Legends are multicoloured, so black and blue instead of blue and colourless mana summoning costs would be the best choice. Black for the fighting theism(white), and blue for the use of the mind in doing so. Eye-wink

You are wrong; now let me tell you why.  A real Magic Card from the Nemesis set, Ascendant Evincar, was Black and Legendary.  Tongue out

deludedgod wrote:
The internet might be a democracy, but domain ownership is not. If it was, they would have voted the Phelpsies off a long time ago.

ROTFLMAO... "Fred, the tribe has spoken." 

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10610
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote: You are

Cory T wrote:
You are wrong; now let me tell you why.  A real Magic Card from the Nemesis set, Ascendant Evincar, was Black and Legendary.

They must have changed things. I stopped buying cards in the 90's. Sticking out tongue

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
Soo...the petition is not

Soo...the petition is not working, huh?

I wonder how many people signed it...


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

American Atheist wrote:

Soo...the petition is not working, huh?

I wonder how many people signed it...

You think someone would post a link to this petition in case some of the trolls would like to sign it.

By the way, who is in charge of the World Wide Web and to whom would this petition be presented anyway? 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
I'm going to try to find

I'm going to try to find this petition.


Voided
Posts: 1195
Joined: 2006-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I WILL START A

Quote:
I WILL START A PETITION AND GET YOU GUYS OFF THE NET.

First, I hope you are american because you just pissed on the bill rights.

Second, make, I'll even sign it. Why? Because in order for a petition to work there needs to be someone above this group and in control of the website to shut it down. The few people I can think of that have to power to shut it down pay for it. The only other thing that might be able to do something starts with a G. Government? Don't think so. Even if we were a police state it wouldn't make sense as they have help athiests who have been victims of cyber crime. Oh and if they did that just means we move the server. The other thing is god and I'm sure if he/she/it felt it nessary we would be smoted.

P.S. you might want to get that shift key looked at...


violator
violator's picture
Posts: 17
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
Quote:
I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN GOD AND IF YOU GUYS WANT TO BE ATHEIST THEN FINE, BUT DON'T GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED. THIS IS SO MESSED UP. IF THERE WASN'T A GOD THEN HOW IS ANYTHING HERE? EVEN IF THERE WAS A BIG BANG OR WE DID EVOLVE(WHICH WE DIDN'T) THEN HOW DID IT ALL GET STARTED? EVEN THE ENERGY HAS TO HAVE A HIGHER POWER. I WILL START A PETITION AND GET YOU GUYS OFF THE NET. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

If you want to believe in God then fine, but don't get other people involved. That is so messed up! Where did your God come from? Even if he exists (which he doesn't) then how did he get started? Even his energy would have to come from a higher power. I will start a petition to get you to turn your CAPS LOCK off. May the Invisible Pink Unicorn bless you.

'The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference.'
- Richard Dawkins


violator
violator's picture
Posts: 17
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: By the way,

Susan wrote:

By the way, who is in charge of the World Wide Web and to whom would this petition be presented anyway?

I believe that would be Al Gore. He did invent the internet last time I checked...

'The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference.'
- Richard Dawkins


DewiMorgan
DewiMorgan's picture
Posts: 126
Joined: 2007-05-20
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I agree. I will not

Quote:
I agree. I will not get anyone involved in atheism, if he will get no one involved in christianity?
Understand what I'm saying? You are not allowed to evangelize from now on.

 

Please don't say that. His evangelism is (inadvertently, I admit) one of the better adverts for rational thinking, as the rather cool Cory T pointed out.

T="theists who's posts are fun-to-read, truth-seeking and insightful". Your own T will be different, but Tdewi includes { Avecrien, Cory T, crocaduck, JHenson, jread, wavefreak }


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
DewiMorgan wrote: Quote: I

DewiMorgan wrote:

Quote:
I agree. I will not get anyone involved in atheism, if he will get no one involved in christianity?
Understand what I'm saying? You are not allowed to evangelize from now on.

 

Please don't say that. His evangelism is (inadvertently, I admit) one of the better adverts for rational thinking, as the rather cool Cory T pointed out.

 Yay!!!  I'm cool!

I don't think I've ever been described that way before. 

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13600
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Hey, why stop at a

Hey, why stop at a petition, maybe you too can be as pathetic as the morons who threaten a cartoonist with death because they offended Muhammed.

Brian, you do need to give up. God's ego is too fragle to handle the rantings of kitten barbiquers like us. God cant handle falable humans. We wouldnt want to hurt his feelings.

"Dont pick on my daddy!"

What's the matter, daddy cant fight his own battles. He needs you to protect him? That doesnt sound all powerfull to me.

YOU HEATHEN ATHEIST COOTIE SPREADERS NEED TO STOP CHALLENGING PEOPLE TO THINK! HOW DARE YOU CALL A MYTH A MYTH! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO? EDUCATE PEOPLE?

STOP RATIONAL RESPONDERS NOW BEFORE THE SPREAD REASON!

This would be like standing in front of Arnold telling a midgit not to hit him because you might hurt him.

Boo hoo, dont hit my dad, you might hurt him. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Obviously the petition

Obviously the petition hasn't done anything!


rpcarnell
atheist
Posts: 118
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
There was (is ?) a movement

There was (is ?) a movement whose purpose was getting landoverbaptist.org off the web as well.

 

Landoverbaptist.org is still around, and that movement began in 1999. 


Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
I'd just block jim if I were

I'd just block him if I were you.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13600
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest wrote: Quote: I

Voiderest wrote:

Quote:
I WILL START A PETITION AND GET YOU GUYS OFF THE NET.

First, I hope you are american because you just pissed on the bill rights.

Second, make, I'll even sign it. Why? Because in order for a petition to work there needs to be someone above this group and in control of the website to shut it down. The few people I can think of that have to power to shut it down pay for it. The only other thing that might be able to do something starts with a G. Government? Don't think so. Even if we were a police state it wouldn't make sense as they have help athiests who have been victims of cyber crime. Oh and if they did that just means we move the server. The other thing is god and I'm sure if he/she/it felt it nessary we would be smoted.

P.S. you might want to get that shift key looked at...

Actually it depends on how it is done.

If I petition my Senator to stop Wal Mart from selling bibles, that would be pissing on the First Amendment, not only on free speech, but on the right to peacably assemble. In doing buisness you assemble with others.

BUT, if I get a petition started and not send it to goverment, but send it directly to  Wal Mart, and I have enough people to the point Wal Mart feels it might lose money, then they may change their minds. In that sense, a petition is part of the free market, much like a boycott.

People like this, can harm free speech. Not because of a petition, but because they know nothing about how the constition or goverment works. These people are just as bad as politically correct theists and atheists. Everyone wants to use goverment to tell the other to shut up. That is contrary to the free market.

Getting something to change is done through the free market, not through goverment force. That is why, even with this nut, the free market must exist. Without it there is no watchdog from preventing one side from opressing the other.

Let them "Petition" all they want. But I doubt that Brian's server is losing money. I would fight if they said, "Goverment, make them shut up". Just like I would fight any atheist trying to use goverment to force a private company to stop selling bibles.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Tarpan
Special Agent
Posts: 26
Joined: 2006-06-06
User is offlineOffline
So where's the petition? I'd

So where's the petition? I'd like to sign that thing. Free speech is horrible.  It should be illegal.  I think we should all petition AOL to stop putting this website on their CD's when they send the internet out to everyone.


joewhyit
Posts: 43
Joined: 2007-06-12
User is offlineOffline
I LOVE THE CAPS LOCK KEY

I LOVE THE CAPS LOCK KEY TOO!!!!!!!

 -cough- Sorry.

 I'm truly surprised that anyone demonstrating this level of ignorance can figure out what the power button on their computer does.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe humanity as a whole is fucked. 

 

 


ProfessionalWidow
ProfessionalWidow's picture
Posts: 19
Joined: 2007-06-29
User is offlineOffline
All caps?

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
Quote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rational Response Squad" To: Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 1:14 AM Subject: [Defend my God!] PLEASE READ LUCAS sent a message using the contact form at http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact. I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN GOD AND IF YOU GUYS WANT TO BE ATHEIST THEN FINE, BUT DON'T GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED. THIS IS SO MESSED UP. IF THERE WASN'T A GOD THEN HOW IS ANYTHING HERE? EVEN IF THERE WAS A BIG BANG OR WE DID EVOLVE(WHICH WE DIDN'T) THEN HOW DID IT ALL GET STARTED? EVEN THE ENERGY HAS TO HAVE A HIGHER POWER. I WILL START A PETITION AND GET YOU GUYS OFF THE NET. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Separate message from the same guy:
Quote:
HOW CAN YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS HORRIBLE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. IF YOU WANT TO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD THATS YOUR THING, BUT WHEN YOU GET TEENS TO DENOUNCE THEIR FAITH THAT IS SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT. IF THERE WASN'T A GOD HOW WOULD ANYTHING BE HERE? EVEN IF WE DID EVOLVE (WHICH WE DIDN'T) OR THERE WAS A BIG BANG WHERE DID IT START? THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE A HIGHER POWER. EVEN THE BIG BANG WOULD TAKE AN ENERGY FORCE WHICH WOULD HAVE TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE. I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING, "IF THERE WAS A GOD WHY IS THERE SO MUCH WRONG IN THE WORLD?" IT'S BECAUSE SIN WAS INTRODUCED INTO THE WORLD AND OUR OWN FREE WILL. LIKE I SAID IF YOU WANT TO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD THAT'S YOUR THING, BUT DON'T YOU EVER GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED!!! GOD BLESS YOU.

OK now, those capital letters are hurting my eyes. Phew! First of all, there didn't need to be a deity to direct the energy involved in the Big Bang Theory. Besides, it's just a theory, just like your idea that some higher being just willed things into being. Are you serious? Tell me it ain't so. Foot in mouth

Another thing, what is up with your comment about it's fine for us to be atheist but that we shouldn't get other ppl to be atheists too? What's the difference? Also, what does someone's age have to do with anything? I began searching for a belief that made sense when I was a teenager. It took me a long time to realize that NO RELIGION made any sense. I still feel that way. Kudos to the young people who discover this early in life. It's really too bad that you're following the path given to you as a child. I doubt you have ever questioned it.

"Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought."
~Graham Greene