I love you, but you'll burn in hell. - YOU RESPOND

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
I love you, but you'll burn in hell. - YOU RESPOND

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 5:01 PM
Subject: [Defend my God!] I Love you

Joseph Land sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I think it is funny that the people that believe in God are irrational but
the people who accept the thought that all of the complexity and
beauty of the earth just randomly happened have rational. That is very silly
and irrational in and of itself. I have no proof that God exists, just
faith and that is enough for me. You guys really are no different then the wacko fundementalists; you are just as bias and you seek to get people to adopt your own ideologys.
I see you hate Christians. Okay, thats fine but I do love you and
Jesus loves you too. You want to see an end to Christianity?? You won't
see in end but a great persecution. The bible never speaks of a
pre-tribulation rapture and most of the people in our goverment are into illuminati SATANISUM!!! You probaly do not believe in this or the existence of globalization and the NEW WORLD ORDER because just like the church going folk, you are not able to think for yourself.
THERE WILL BE A GREAT HOLOCAUST OF CHRISTIAN'S IN AMERICA AND I AM
SURE YOU WILL CHEER IT ON... HOW SAD!!!

 

I'll send notification of responses.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
It's probably wrong of me,

It's probably wrong of me, but I can't take misspelled, poorly-written arguments seriously.  I can't get past all the superficial errors. I conclude (perhaps wrongly) that any meaning to be found is also superficial.  Case in point: I can't remember anything about what I just read except that it was littered with errors.  Sticking out tongue

I would like to get over this prejudice, but every time I see a piece of writing from a reich-wing christbot, it usually looks just like the one you posted.  Am I wrong?  How can I get over this? 

 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
I admit that it is hard to

I admit that it is hard to get past that. I have two church of christ ministers and one southern baptist preacher that I receive e-mail from on a regular basis. It is almost a joy to get mail from them because it is well-written, spell-checked, and coherent. It reassures me that there is hope for humanity.

Often it seems that the 'lowest common denominator' have much more time on their hands to write these 'jewels' of modern cyber-literature.

Perhaps some of them can be excused because they put SOOO much emotion into the letter and simply disregard the proofreading step out of frustration at our 'godlessness'.

How about a nice paragraph from you, Iruka, explaining common consideration when communicating with us? 

 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I have no proof that

Quote:
I have no proof that God exists, just
faith and that is enough for me.

What a loser.

 

Quote:
the people in our goverment are into illuminati SATANISUM!!!
 

 

HAHAHAHAH!!!

 

Quote:
THERE WILL BE A GREAT HOLOCAUST OF CHRISTIAN'S IN AMERICA AND I AM
SURE YOU WILL CHEER IT ON... HOW SAD!!!
 

 Ya, I'm sure xians (the majority) will be massivly slaughtered now. Especially they are the complacent, hateful ones.

and please stop sticking words in other peoples mouths.

 

-Sighned Satun 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


ChosenByPasta
ChosenByPasta's picture
Posts: 141
Joined: 2006-08-08
User is offlineOffline
Should I even bother

Should I even bother critiquing this bullshit?


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
ChosenByPasta wrote: Should

ChosenByPasta wrote:
Should I even bother critiquing this bullshit?

It makes you feel better. This should help.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
Joseph Land wrote: You guys

Joseph Land wrote:
You guys really are no different then the wacko fundementalists; you are just as bias and you seek to get people to adopt your own ideologys. ... The bible never speaks of a pre-tribulation rapture and most of the people in our goverment are into illuminati SATANISUM!!! ... THERE WILL BE A GREAT HOLOCAUST OF CHRISTIAN'S IN AMERICA AND I AM SURE YOU WILL CHEER IT ON... HOW SAD!!!

Why do you insult us with being wacko fundamentalists, when you're clearly one yourself?

I'm not going to cheer on an mass murdering of Christians. Your personal attacks are disgusting.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
I think it is funny that

I think it is funny that the people that believe in God are irrational but
the people who accept the thought that all of the complexity and
beauty of the earth just randomly happened have rational.

Excuse me, did you just say randomly? What you have just told me is that you have intellectual integrity. There is nothing random about evolution. Ever heard of cumulative mutation? Segment shuffling? Intron/exon shift? Natural Selection? Mitosis error selection? Go and study the subject before spouting this garbage.

That is very silly and irrational in and of itself.

No. It is irrational that you would say this nonsense without having studied evolution.

I have no proof that God exists, just faith and that is enough for me.

Remarkable. Tell a Christian that he can fly or yoghurt makes him invisible, and he will require just as much evidence as me. Tell him that the book he keeps is the product of an omnipotent deity who sent a son in human form to get nailed to a cross and be ressurected and who will cast them into hell if they dont follow, and he just accepts it.

You guys really are no different then the wacko fundementalists; you are just as bias and you seek to get people to adopt your own ideologys.

A fundamentalist, if you want the definition, is someone who adopts a PURITANICAL interpretation of DOGMATIC Holy Texts. If we base our information of scientific theory, which is always changing and updating, that is not fundamentalist. Also, fundamentalists proselytize. We just argue with people. We don't force anything on anybody. But if you look at the history of Christianity and Islam, you will find they were both spread at swordpoint. Also, I dont think that requiring some EVIDENCE should be considered bias. I think the word you are looking for is sane.

I see you hate Christians. Okay, thats fine but I do love you and
Jesus loves you too.

I don't hate christians. How dare you make such an unfounded assertion. And you call us bias? Also, Jesus was a great man, with a great message of peace and love. But he is dead. Get over it.

The bible never speaks of a pre-tribulation rapture and most of the people in our goverment are into illuminati SATANISUM!!! You probaly do not believe in this or the existence of globalization and the NEW WORLD ORDER because just like the church going folk, you are not able to think for yourself.

A couple points. Firstly, you have been reading too much Dan Brown. The Illuminati is dead. So you call us irrational for not believing in God, then you endorse a ridiculous conspiracy theory? What do you mean the existence of globalization? No one could deny that. Globalization is the sum total of telecommunication, modern transport, developing economy export, multinational corporations and improved logisitics.

At least you admit that church-goers don't bother to think for themselves.

THERE WILL BE A GREAT HOLOCAUST OF CHRISTIAN'S IN AMERICA AND I AM SURE YOU WILL CHEER IT ON... HOW SAD!!!

Once again. you make unfounded assertions. On the flip side, I think what is sad is that Evangelism is growing. Those people a Christian Hitler Youth Group. There are so many Christians in the USA that I strongly doubt your statement. Your second statement reveals that you are incredibly twisted. How dare you make such a revolting statement. I am of Jewish blood. I lost everyone in the Holocaust, I would never condone any violence, but I cannot say the same for religion, unfortunately. 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
Posts: 76
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Joseph Land wrote:

Joseph Land wrote:

I have no proof that God exists, just
faith and that is enough for me. You guys really are no different then the wacko fundementalists; you are just as bias and you seek to get people to adopt your own ideologys.

Unlike you, we do not try to force people to believe in what we believe in.

Joseph Land wrote:


I see you hate Christians. Okay, thats fine but I do love you and
Jesus loves you too. You want to see an end to Christianity?? You won't see in end but a great persecution.

No one said anything about hating Christians, but I'd like to see it end just a little bit. I know the world will be more peaceful if everyone was more open-minded.

Joseph Land wrote:

The bible never speaks of a pre-tribulation rapture and most of the people in our goverment are into illuminati SATANISUM!!! You probaly do not believe in this or the existence of globalization and the NEW WORLD ORDER because just like the church going folk, you are not able to think for yourself.
THERE WILL BE A GREAT HOLOCAUST OF CHRISTIAN'S IN AMERICA AND I AM SURE YOU WILL CHEER IT ON... HOW SAD!!!

Your perception of "satanism" is people walking around, listening to some black-metal, wearing all black including Tripps, and not going to church. Anyway, what makes you think that American Christians are going to be slaughtered? Did god tell you this? Even if some Christian-hating people of other beliefs decided to kill you, it wouldn't be enough (not in America). Incase you didn't know, majority > minority. And if something like that did happen, I would not cheer it on: I have Christian friends. We never talk about religious beliefs because we care about more important things. My family is also Christian.

Do you still think that it is us who create a hateful enviornment?

 

myspace.com/miyao


Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2006-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Dabura13 wrote: Your

Dabura13 wrote:

Your perception of "satanism" is people walking around, listening to some black-metal, wearing all black including Tripps, and not going to church.

Hey wait a minute! I am walking around, I listen to some black metal (death metal, gothic, etc.), I like to wear all black and I'm not going to church! No really, I do that!

(/joke)

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Rigor_OMortis

Rigor_OMortis wrote:
Dabura13 wrote:

Your perception of "satanism" is people walking around, listening to some black-metal, wearing all black including Tripps, and not going to church.

Hey wait a minute! I am walking around, I listen to some black metal (death metal, gothic, etc.), I like to wear all black and I'm not going to church! No really, I do that!

(/joke)

Sadly, that's what some people believe.  It happened to the West Memphis Three

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Rigor_OMortis

Susan wrote:
Rigor_OMortis wrote:
Dabura13 wrote:

Your perception of "satanism" is people walking around, listening to some black-metal, wearing all black including Tripps, and not going to church.

Hey wait a minute! I am walking around, I listen to some black metal (death metal, gothic, etc.), I like to wear all black and I'm not going to church! No really, I do that!

(/joke)

Sadly, that's what some people believe. It happened to the West Memphis Three.

That's like convicting someone of witchcraft because they have a wart on their nose. I'm glad I moved out of the Bible belt.


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
Dabura13 wrote: Your

Dabura13 wrote:

Your perception of "satanism" is people walking around, listening to some black-metal, wearing all black including Tripps, and not going to church.

My dad used to frown on me wearing black shirts for this reason.


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
MrRage wrote: That's like

MrRage wrote:

That's like convicting someone of witchcraft because they have a wart on their nose. I'm glad I moved out of the Bible belt.

Yeah.  Toronto is looking better and better all the time. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: MrRage

Susan wrote:
MrRage wrote:

That's like convicting someone of witchcraft because they have a wart on their nose. I'm glad I moved out of the Bible belt.

Yeah. Toronto is looking better and better all the time.

Washington state is nice too, that is if your not to close to Idaho.


Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2006-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Sadly, that's

Susan wrote:
Sadly, that's what some people believe.  It happened to the West Memphis Three

Hmm... If that's the logic people follow, remind me to never come to the USA.

After I've seen Susan's example, http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0503/atheists.html and after the debate I've had recently, I'm convinced that most religious Americans are far beyond any hope of impartiality, humanism and equity.

I realize I would easily fit into the "west memphis three" myself:

- my favorite author is Serge Brussolo, whose horror novels Stephen King's would never evern dare compare to

- if you take a look in my music library, I think you'll find less than 10% that ISN'T metal

- I am known for wearing darker clothes and metal T-shirts

...and I am also a known atheist.

Frankly, I wouldn't risk getting the blame for someone's horrible crime just because I'm different from what the American public thinks one should be.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
FYI - Landover Baptist

FYI - Landover Baptist Church is a satire site. 

 


Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2006-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Whew... That means there is

Whew...

That means there is still hope.

By the way, wouldn't people be better off if satire sites were actually marked with a "Warning: Satirical content! Do not read if frowned" sticker ?

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
Rigor_OMortis

Rigor_OMortis wrote:

Whew...

That means there is still hope.

By the way, wouldn't people be better off if satire sites were actually marked with a "Warning: Satirical content! Do not read if frowned" sticker ?

I assume you don't go in for British humour.


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: How

darth_josh wrote:

How about a nice paragraph from you, Iruka, explaining common consideration when communicating with us?

Could you please clarify? Smiling  If I need to write a paragraph about why I shouldn't be so uptight, I could do that.  *shrug*

I admit I am rather tightly-strung when it comes to right-wingers and fundamentalists.  I have a hard time dealing with them because I'm sick of doing it. :P  I grew up right-wing and fundy.  My family is right-wing and fundy.  My community has a large right-wing/fundy contingent.  I've also noticed that my community isn't overly endowed with intellect. :|  

I'm tired of it. 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
No. I was asking you to

No. I was asking you to vent about the way people try and most often fail to communicate with us.

I don't think that you're high-strung at all. From your post and the chat, I gathered that you see the lack of consideration that some of these people seem to have for themselves and us. I feel this way also. I just can't seem to start a paragraph with one of them without losing my patience. You at least maintain your patience longer than I do that's for sure. lol.

 

 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13816
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: Sent:

darth_josh wrote:

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 5:01 PM
Subject: [Defend my God!] I Love you

Joseph Land sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I think it is funny that the people that believe in God are irrational but
the people who accept the thought that all of the complexity and
beauty of the earth just randomly happened have rational. That is very silly
and irrational in and of itself. I have no proof that God exists, just
faith and that is enough for me. You guys really are no different then the wacko fundementalists; you are just as bias and you seek to get people to adopt your own ideologys.
I see you hate Christians. Okay, thats fine but I do love you and
Jesus loves you too. You want to see an end to Christianity?? You won't
see in end but a great persecution. The bible never speaks of a
pre-tribulation rapture and most of the people in our goverment are into illuminati SATANISUM!!! You probaly do not believe in this or the existence of globalization and the NEW WORLD ORDER because just like the church going folk, you are not able to think for yourself.
THERE WILL BE A GREAT HOLOCAUST OF CHRISTIAN'S IN AMERICA AND I AM
SURE YOU WILL CHEER IT ON... HOW SAD!!!

 

I'll send notification of responses.

I dont give a ratts ass what "club" you belong to, most people in their right mind recoil at the thought of mass murder "genocide". People pursicuted for being chrisitian dont like it, people pursicuted for being muslim dont like it, and neither do people calling themselves jews.

Do not mistake your brand "copywrite" logo of deity as being the monopoly agianst genocide. Genocide happens when humans are trained phycologically to see their neibhor as sub human.

Here is the reality, MOST HUMANS, if given the chance without the club mentality, might dissagree with their neighbor, but WONT kill them over it.

So why does this happen? Because of ego. When a group of people feel as a mass(gang) that something is threatening them, they react. When the powers in charge convince them that "outsiders" are not like them(BULLSHIT) it makes it easyer for them to kill in mass numbers.

For the same reason Kim Jong Ill has used propaganda and Hilter used propaganda and Bin Ladin used propaganda Christians dispite what they think, also use propaganda.

Why do we pit human against human? Why do we pit sect against sect? Why do we pit political party against political party? Why do we pit idology agianst ideology?

Why? For the same reason a soccer fan is willing to beat up an apossing fan. Not because the other is a real threat, but because both sides fail to see the other as human.

Name me one mother in the world in good mental health that doesnt want to see their child happy? 

Humanity's problem is that people actually hate when all they really want to do is bitch. When you bitch, you dont kill, when you hate you can commit mass murder. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
Posts: 76
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I get it all the time.

Yeah, I get it all the time. Random old Christian men walking up to me because of how I dress and basically yelling "Belive in Jesus right now!" I'm pretty much getting used to it. XD

myspace.com/miyao


ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
Posts: 280
Joined: 2006-11-08
User is offlineOffline
Quote: most of the people

Quote:
most of the people in our goverment are into illuminati SATANISUM!!! You probaly do not believe in this or the existence of globalization and the NEW WORLD ORDER because just like the church going folk, you are not able to think for yourself.
THERE WILL BE A GREAT HOLOCAUST OF CHRISTIAN'S IN AMERICA AND I AM
SURE YOU WILL CHEER IT ON... HOW SAD!!!

 

I think someone has their tinfoil hat on a little too tight today. 

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine


tree-sitter
Theist
Posts: 80
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
    I am the original

    I am the original guy who posted this message and I got to say that you guys really made me think.  I would like to say that I am very, truly sorry about insinuating that you guys would cheer on a holocaust.  That was very wrong and twisted of me and I am very sorry for it.  At the time, I was so angry about the blasphemy challenge and the hatred that I saw from most of the people and I took it out in the wrong way.  I am not making any excuses for myself… just giving a reason and saying I'm sorry.  I just saw so many of you guys talking about how evil Christians were that it made me think… well, irrationally about that.

 

  So sorry about that.

 

  What I am not sorry about is everything else I said.  The Illuminati is not dead.  They are very much alive.  Look on the back of a dollar bill and find out what that pyramid means and maybe you will understand.  It doesn’t matter though.  If you guys don’t believe in God why would I expect you to believe in Satan.  Most Christians don’t even believe in Satan. 

 

  So I stand humbled today and realizing that I did not speak in a peaceful manner.  I hope we can put this behind us and we can all become friends even though we have a difference in lifestyles.  I do resent the title of this post though... I would never revel in the fact that people are going to hell.

 

p.s. the bible does unfortunately talk about a great persecution of the saints in the end days.


tree-sitter
Theist
Posts: 80
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
By the way... I am not a

By the way... I am not a right wing.  I belong to no political party.

 

But I loved what that guy said... "Riech wing".... hahaha... so true


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Well HI, Joseph. I titled

Well HI, Joseph.

I titled the post that way because in your second paragraph you said:

Joseph wrote:
You won't see in end but a great persecution.

That is typically thought to be 'hell' right?

You're right that typical atheists do not believe in a satan or lucifer.

One of the most interesting arguments/assertions with regard to satan is:

The greates trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world that he didn't exist.

I'd like to put a different spin on that for you:

The greatest miracle ever performed by jesus is convincing christians that he did exist.

 

As far as the dollar bill goes, here is a website that goes through the meanings of the parts:

http://www.homeworkhotline.com/Money.htm

I wish that I could assuage your fears with regard to the horrible threatening things that the bible has said to you about 'great persecutions' and such. I've read those same things, but realized that no amount of fear or even wishful thinking is going to make any of it true. Reality doesn't work like that. We can't possibly base our lives upon a story. Honestly, if we look too deeply into the story, we're going to make it something that it isn't or couldn't be simply because we're human beings with imagnations.

Why were you so angry at the blasphemy challenge? 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
What I am not sorry about

What I am not sorry about is everything else I said.  The Illuminati is not dead.  They are very much alive.  Look on the back of a dollar bill and find out what that pyramid means and maybe you will understand.

"Rolls' eyes". I told you, you have been reading Angels and Demons 
by Dan Brown far too many times, if you are referring to the Bavarian Illuminati, they have been deceased for several hundred years. I trust when you said the dollar bill you are referring to the "shining delta", or the pyramid affixed with the eye, or perhaps the Novus Ordo Seclorum. I laugh whenever I see that, because right next to it says "In God we Trust". 

However, these are Freemason symbols. The Illuminati have been deceased for centuries, and there is no credible evidence that they infilitrated the freemasons, Dan Brown made that up to give suspense to the story. If you believe the Illuminati survived past the 19th century, you get labelled a conspiracy theorist. However, on the other hand, if you believe the Illuminati survive today you are a full-fledged loon, sorry to say.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13816
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: Sent:

darth_josh wrote:

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 5:01 PM
Subject: [Defend my God!] I Love you

Joseph Land sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I think it is funny that the people that believe in God are irrational but
the people who accept the thought that all of the complexity and
beauty of the earth just randomly happened have rational. That is very silly
and irrational in and of itself. I have no proof that God exists, just
faith and that is enough for me. You guys really are no different then the wacko fundementalists; you are just as bias and you seek to get people to adopt your own ideologys.
I see you hate Christians. Okay, thats fine but I do love you and
Jesus loves you too. You want to see an end to Christianity?? You won't
see in end but a great persecution. The bible never speaks of a
pre-tribulation rapture and most of the people in our goverment are into illuminati SATANISUM!!! You probaly do not believe in this or the existence of globalization and the NEW WORLD ORDER because just like the church going folk, you are not able to think for yourself.
THERE WILL BE A GREAT HOLOCAUST OF CHRISTIAN'S IN AMERICA AND I AM
SURE YOU WILL CHEER IT ON... HOW SAD!!!

 

I'll send notification of responses.

You are one sick puppy who buys into the stupid pathetic stereotype that we atheists aspire to be like Stalin or Hitler.

"Worship" in its original translation means "to bind". It is a shackle. People are capable of allowing themselves to be shackled to to worship a celebrity, a politiciton or political party, or nation, or god. Worship of anything is bad because it sets the person up to blindly follow something.

The modern monotheistic abrahamic god(s) not only demand worship OR ELSE, but also demand obediance. The language used in the ancient polytheistic an early monotheistic religions use language in their respective holy books that discribe patriarcal rule. Words like "Kingdom" and "Lord" and "obey".

There is a simple psycological reason this type of language was used. The ancient cultures were ruled by kings. Kings in those days were called everything from Pharoh to Ceazar, but they were all dictators. So it is no suprise that the religious liturature reflected the atributes of the ruling body. The dictators were wealthy and atributed their fortune to a divine body that blessed the "king".

To worship, or bind oneself to the belief that one being rules you, is foolish. If it makes no sense that today we wouldnt want to live under Kim Jong Ill, or Sadamn Hussain, whom both demanded worship and obediace, what makes you think a wise person would want to worship a claimed super hero in the sky who believers claim demands the same?

The mondern monotheist gods are not ellected offficials. They are fictional claims that artifically give people a "cause" . But this worship, "binding" sets them up to follow their fictional dictator. How they behaive as a result of cheerleading blindly to this fictional dictator has dire results to humanity globaly and politically.

The Christians and Jews who live in Iran are opressed by goverment run by people that truely believe that Allah intitled them to tell non-muslims they have no right to question the existance of Allah.

Christians falsely assume here in the states that they would never acceave the same level of opressing others. Currently at this period of time, I would agree, but times change just as they did int the past. Christians in America falsely think that freedom of religion started on the Mayflower. If they bothered to study pre revolutionary war laws in the states, they would find that each sect of Christianity had its colony and most of these were opressive to anyone outside that particular sect.

It is because the founders realized that they did not want to repeat another theocracy that they started a war to get away from, that they decided that as far as goverment law and goverment position on that issue, it would not take sides or play favorites.

I am an American. I love the diversity of this great country. I do not want to opress Christians as much as you falsely have deluded yourself into believing. The U.S. Constitution has created a free market allowing me to make my points. I am not afraid of having my positions compete with aposing views because I am confident my position is solid and can compete.

On the other hand, if you look at the characters of Allah/Yahwey/or Jesus, these deities discourage the free market and get very upset when anyone dares question their absolute authority. These characters dont want competition and do not value the free market of ideas.

I defy any follower of any of these three religions to show me a verse in any of the respective holy books that says, "It is ok to question and dissagree. If you dont believe in me, you dont have to follow me".

You worship a tyrant who threatens to beat the outsiders up. Not only for a few minutes, or a few hours, or a few days....but for eternity. That is way beyond proportional punishment, that is swatting a fly with a sledghammer.

If I had been in Germany or Russia during those dictator's rule and have the those of humanity I do today, I would have been arrested and exicuted as well as any Christian or Jew or political rival.

So please spare me your tyrants threats. I am not concerned about fictional tyrants. I am concerned about the people who buy these characters as fact and seek political dominance on a society. 

If we are to assume that your deity is real, in my eyes would be either a pathetic insecure brat who burns the plastic army men with a lighter when he cant set them up the way he wants. Or he is a megelomainiac bully who will stomp on anyone who doesnt kiss his ass.

In closing, I dont worship Hitler, Celebrities, or Zues or Al Gore, or Jesus. I am an individual and I dont need someone to tell me what to think, I can do that on my own. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Icebergin
Icebergin's picture
Posts: 121
Joined: 2007-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the West Memphis

Thanks for the West Memphis Three link. Those poor kids.

 But in response to the letter, the "Rapture" can't come fast enough.

YOU shut the fuck up! WE'LL save America!


tree-sitter
Theist
Posts: 80
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Hey thanks for the

Hey thanks for the comments...

 

Darth Josh… I understand how you construed persecution as an insinuation that you all will burn in hell.  Although, I do believe in Hell I would never gloat about anyone going there… but I understand where you are coming from.  The persecution I was talking about is going to be in the church.  I believe that the powers at the top hate Christianity and all religions (although they use religion as a platform to get votes) and there is coming a day when they will declare martial law and drag resisters off to prison camps to be killed.  I understand I sound like a real weirdo when I say this but I ask you this; “If someone in pre-Nazi Germany was saying the same things don’t you think people would feel the same about them”.  The great persecution that is coming is not something that I enjoy thinking about, it is just something that I can’t ignore because I have seen all the evidence.  You guys can not ignore the fact of evolution because of the evidence you have found to support it…  I could call you guys fools or weirdo’s but I would be in the wrong if your assumptions were based of evidence.  I can’t really give you guys all the evidence, you need to seek it out for yourselves.

 

Josh, I must also say that you are not 100% correct about the fear thing.  Actually, when you look into the scriptures as whole, they are completely anti-fear.  Sure, Sure we fear God but only in a respectful way.  I do not fear any of the things that could happen to me in the name of Yeshua (Jesus) the messiah.  I just hope that this is a misconception that we could all clear up; the true Christian should not live in fear.

 

Also, as for the fact that I am a conspiracy theorist… you are correct.. but you need to get over the negative nature of that term.  Let’s break it down; a conspiracy is when two or more people get together to plan something.  Who out there can honestly say that there is no one behind the scenes planning how things to go… sorry to say it but only those who are blind to reality.  Also a Theory is a tentative explanation based of a body of supporting evidence.  You guys are science buffs, right?  I am sure you already know this.  Dan Brown is an idiot and you could not pay me enough money to read one of his crappy, melodramatic books.  He says that Jesus was not really who he said he was and that is enough to tell me that he knows nothing.  However, even though the existence of the Illuminati can not be proven, there various sub-organizations can.  The Bohemian Grove is REALITY… the Skull and Bones is a REALITY… the Trilateral Commission and the Bilderbergs are all REALITYS.  If you are interested in the evidence, go do a search on THE FRANKLIN COVERUP and you will begin to see what’s going on

 

Finally, the symbol of the back of the dollar bill is wholly Satanic.  Annueit Couptis (spelt wrong) means “HE grants us providence” as to imply the eye within the pyramid.  The eye is a symbol of the Egyptian God Osirus, who is now known as Satan.  The fact that “In God We Trust” is meant to blasphemy the Lord God and it in no way draws God into this picture.  America is NOT a Christian nation.  The sooner we realize that, the sooner everything can make sense.  Peace


tree-sitter
Theist
Posts: 80
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
"I defy any follower of any


"I defy any follower of any of these three religions to show me a verse in any of the respective holy books that says, "It is ok to question and dissagree. If you dont believe in me, you dont have to follow me".

 

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

--John 12:47

and again...

 

 

“And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.”

--Luke 9:51-56

 

You worship a tyrant who threatens to beat the outsiders up. Not only for a few minutes, or a few hours, or a few days....but for eternity. That is way beyond proportional punishment, that is swatting a fly with a sledghammer.

 

My response?  For one, if you don't believe in God, why do you guys always bring this up?  I'm not meaning to be rude but, but it seems kinda silly to quote something you don't even believe in.  But it is a very valid concern... the nature of Hell.  Hell is horrable and God doesn't want a single one of you to go there.  Regardless of what you may think, God is loving, merciful but also a just judge of the world.  God has gone out of his way in incredible ways to try and get us out of hell but how can someone be helped if they don't want to be helped.  The reason people go to hell is because they violate the law and it is not in God's nature to let the guilty go free.  What do you think of a judge who lets a murderer off with five years in prison and probation???  You would think he is corrupt.  Well, in the holy eyes of God we are all liars and thieves and murderes (those who hate are guilty of murder according to the scriptures).  So God can not let anyone go unpunished.  Everyone will stand before a just and merciful God and give account for themselves before they go to Heaven or Hell, so the only ones that go to hell are the ones that choose to.

 

I understand this answer probaly means nothing to you but it is the reason for hell.  Peace 



Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13816
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
tree-sitter wrote: Hey

tree-sitter wrote:

Hey thanks for the comments...

 

Darth Josh… I understand how you construed persecution as an insinuation that you all will burn in hell. Although, I do believe in Hell I would never gloat about anyone going there… but I understand where you are coming from. The persecution I was talking about is going to be in the church. I believe that the powers at the top hate Christianity and all religions (although they use religion as a platform to get votes) and there is coming a day when they will declare martial law and drag resisters off to prison camps to be killed. I understand I sound like a real weirdo when I say this but I ask you this; “If someone in pre-Nazi Germany was saying the same things don’t you think people would feel the same about them”. The great persecution that is coming is not something that I enjoy thinking about, it is just something that I can’t ignore because I have seen all the evidence. You guys can not ignore the fact of evolution because of the evidence you have found to support it… I could call you guys fools or weirdo’s but I would be in the wrong if your assumptions were based of evidence. I can’t really give you guys all the evidence, you need to seek it out for yourselves.

 

Josh, I must also say that you are not 100% correct about the fear thing. Actually, when you look into the scriptures as whole, they are completely anti-fear. Sure, Sure we fear God but only in a respectful way. I do not fear any of the things that could happen to me in the name of Yeshua (Jesus) the messiah. I just hope that this is a misconception that we could all clear up; the true Christian should not live in fear.

 

Also, as for the fact that I am a conspiracy theorist… you are correct.. but you need to get over the negative nature of that term. Let’s break it down; a conspiracy is when two or more people get together to plan something. Who out there can honestly say that there is no one behind the scenes planning how things to go… sorry to say it but only those who are blind to reality. Also a Theory is a tentative explanation based of a body of supporting evidence. You guys are science buffs, right? I am sure you already know this. Dan Brown is an idiot and you could not pay me enough money to read one of his crappy, melodramatic books. He says that Jesus was not really who he said he was and that is enough to tell me that he knows nothing. However, even though the existence of the Illuminati can not be proven, there various sub-organizations can. The Bohemian Grove is REALITY… the Skull and Bones is a REALITY… the Trilateral Commission and the Bilderbergs are all REALITYS. If you are interested in the evidence, go do a search on THE FRANKLIN COVERUP and you will begin to see what’s going on

 

Finally, the symbol of the back of the dollar bill is wholly Satanic. Annueit Couptis (spelt wrong) means “HE grants us providence” as to imply the eye within the pyramid. The eye is a symbol of the Egyptian God Osirus, who is now known as Satan. The fact that “In God We Trust” is meant to blasphemy the Lord God and it in no way draws God into this picture. America is NOT a Christian nation. The sooner we realize that, the sooner everything can make sense. Peace

The eye as I understand it is of Horus, not his father Osirus. And Osirus was the dad of the Hero Horus and Osirus's dad was the sun god Ra.

"Set" is the arch enemy of the divine family's trinity of Ra, Osirus and Horus. Set is the equivalent to Satan, not Osirus. I do not know where the hell you got that from.

Set got into a fight with Horus and scratched his eye out. Thot the healing god spit in his eye to cure his blindness. That is where the modern Rx symbol comes from on drugstore signs.

This country has had a history of a Christian majority. BUT, the founders never intended that Jesus be the writer of the constitution. They wrote the Constitution as a matter of common law based on common consensus.

The Constitution is godless for a reason, because our nations citizens have a wide variety of beliefs and religions. The founders decided to leave that up to the individual and not play favorites to or favor one religion over another.

There is no mention of Jesus in the Constitution. There is a warning in the First Amendment that goverment cannot establish an official religion. The oath of office does not require you to swear to any god, "So Help Me God" is voluntary, not manditory.

And when apointing people to office you cannot use religion to exclude a person from holding a public office, "No Religious Test"

The founders were smart people. Each had their own beliefs, most were deists, but all agreed that freedom of religion demanded that goverment stay out of that issue so that the individual was free to decide for themselves.

It benifits everyone, the Christian, Muslim, Jew and atheist.

Maybe I am missunderstanding here. But, I hope you dont think more Jesus in goverment is good? If Christians got that eventually we'd end up looking like Iran.

Freedom of religion must include freedom from religion. A neutral goverment does not equal a godless country. Selfish idealism is the enemy of humanity. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
How exactly do people choose

How exactly do people choose to go to hell? Belief sin't a choice. The vast majority of people truly believe what they have been brought up to believe - though some of us see the evidence isn't there and our logic convinces us to no longer believe. If god considers hating someone to be equivalent to murder, then god is insane. Finally, the letting a murderer off after 5 years isn't a good analogy. Hell for disbelief would be like giving someone the death penalty for littering - actually it would be even more extreme since disbelief doesn't do any harm and eternal torture is worse than dying.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: MrRage

Susan wrote:
MrRage wrote:

That's like convicting someone of witchcraft because they have a wart on their nose. I'm glad I moved out of the Bible belt.

Yeah. Toronto is looking better and better all the time.

Those of us from fundy-rich areas should start a commune or something. Smiling  I'm in California and, yes, there are nutty areas here, too. 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


tree-sitter
Theist
Posts: 80
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: tree-sitter

Brian37 wrote:
tree-sitter wrote:

Hey thanks for the comments...

 

Darth Josh… I understand how you construed persecution as an insinuation that you all will burn in hell. Although, I do believe in Hell I would never gloat about anyone going there… but I understand where you are coming from. The persecution I was talking about is going to be in the church. I believe that the powers at the top hate Christianity and all religions (although they use religion as a platform to get votes) and there is coming a day when they will declare martial law and drag resisters off to prison camps to be killed. I understand I sound like a real weirdo when I say this but I ask you this; “If someone in pre-Nazi Germany was saying the same things don’t you think people would feel the same about them”. The great persecution that is coming is not something that I enjoy thinking about, it is just something that I can’t ignore because I have seen all the evidence. You guys can not ignore the fact of evolution because of the evidence you have found to support it… I could call you guys fools or weirdo’s but I would be in the wrong if your assumptions were based of evidence. I can’t really give you guys all the evidence, you need to seek it out for yourselves.

 

Josh, I must also say that you are not 100% correct about the fear thing. Actually, when you look into the scriptures as whole, they are completely anti-fear. Sure, Sure we fear God but only in a respectful way. I do not fear any of the things that could happen to me in the name of Yeshua (Jesus) the messiah. I just hope that this is a misconception that we could all clear up; the true Christian should not live in fear.

 

Also, as for the fact that I am a conspiracy theorist… you are correct.. but you need to get over the negative nature of that term. Let’s break it down; a conspiracy is when two or more people get together to plan something. Who out there can honestly say that there is no one behind the scenes planning how things to go… sorry to say it but only those who are blind to reality. Also a Theory is a tentative explanation based of a body of supporting evidence. You guys are science buffs, right? I am sure you already know this. Dan Brown is an idiot and you could not pay me enough money to read one of his crappy, melodramatic books. He says that Jesus was not really who he said he was and that is enough to tell me that he knows nothing. However, even though the existence of the Illuminati can not be proven, there various sub-organizations can. The Bohemian Grove is REALITY… the Skull and Bones is a REALITY… the Trilateral Commission and the Bilderbergs are all REALITYS. If you are interested in the evidence, go do a search on THE FRANKLIN COVERUP and you will begin to see what’s going on

 

Finally, the symbol of the back of the dollar bill is wholly Satanic. Annueit Couptis (spelt wrong) means “HE grants us providence” as to imply the eye within the pyramid. The eye is a symbol of the Egyptian God Osirus, who is now known as Satan. The fact that “In God We Trust” is meant to blasphemy the Lord God and it in no way draws God into this picture. America is NOT a Christian nation. The sooner we realize that, the sooner everything can make sense. Peace

The eye as I understand it is of Horus, not his father Osirus. And Osirus was the dad of the Hero Horus and Osirus's dad was the sun god Ra.

"Set" is the arch enemy of the divine family's trinity of Ra, Osirus and Horus. Set is the equivalent to Satan, not Osirus. I do not know where the hell you got that from.

Set got into a fight with Horus and scratched his eye out. Thot the healing god spit in his eye to cure his blindness. That is where the modern Rx symbol comes from on drugstore signs.

This country has had a history of a Christian majority. BUT, the founders never intended that Jesus be the writer of the constitution. They wrote the Constitution as a matter of common law based on common consensus.

The Constitution is godless for a reason, because our nations citizens have a wide variety of beliefs and religions. The founders decided to leave that up to the individual and not play favorites to or favor one religion over another.

There is no mention of Jesus in the Constitution. There is a warning in the First Amendment that goverment cannot establish an official religion. The oath of office does not require you to swear to any god, "So Help Me God" is voluntary, not manditory.

And when apointing people to office you cannot use religion to exclude a person from holding a public office, "No Religious Test"

The founders were smart people. Each had their own beliefs, most were deists, but all agreed that freedom of religion demanded that goverment stay out of that issue so that the individual was free to decide for themselves.

It benifits everyone, the Christian, Muslim, Jew and atheist.

Maybe I am missunderstanding here. But, I hope you dont think more Jesus in goverment is good? If Christians got that eventually we'd end up looking like Iran.

Freedom of religion must include freedom from religion. A neutral goverment does not equal a godless country. Selfish idealism is the enemy of humanity.

 

 

Right man... I stand totally corrected on the false information that I gave about Osiris. Yeah, you are completely right about everything you said. Set was the Egyptian form of Satan and he stole the eye of Osirus. There is actually a Satanic cult, based out of San Francisco, called "the Temple of Set" and it was founded by U.S Colonel Micheal Aquino. I typed the information to quickly and it came out bad.

 

I deffinately believe in the seperation of church and state. I would love it if we took "In God we trust" off the dollar bill and that we removed the ten commandments out of the public. America should have no ties to any one religion... especially Christianity because it gives it a bad name. I am not afraid to say that the closest thing that follows a Theocracy... is a fascist nation.

I just think that it defiles our religon to say our nation is Christian . We claim to be Christian and yet we have a 150ft obilsik in washington (which relates to sun worship). I say that take Jesus out of the government... He doesn't belong there. If Jesus was alive today, he would probaly be killed by American's because he would be speaking out against all of the injustice that we commit in his name. Remember that Jesus never pointed his finger at anyone EXCEPT FOR THE RELIGIOUS HYPOCRATES. He hung out with drunks, prostitues and the scum of the earth but he called out the religious people as the litteral children of satan!!!  When you think about it, how much respect can America really have for a man who was homeless????  Would we listen to someone like that today??

 

I think if you consider the majority, then yes... America is a Christian nation. But if you actually read the bible as a whole, everything about America is oppisite to what God wants in mankind.  I could offer tons of scripture that directly relate to how oppresive nations are an insult to God.  Heres one; "do no use your liberty as a cloak for malicouisness".

 You can not say you walk in the love of Jesus and found a nation on the genocide of INNOCENT people. You can not murder millions of children around the world and claim to know God.

 

I say; 'LESS JESUS IN GOVERNMENT... MORE LOVE AND COMPASSION IN THE ACTIONS WE TAKE AS A NATION!!!" 


Atheist Eye Candy
Atheist Eye Candy's picture
Posts: 11
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
"I think it is funny that

"I think it is funny that the people that believe in God are irrational but the people who accept the thought that all of the complexity and beauty of the earth just randomly happened have rational. That is very silly and irrational in and of itself."

First of all you've obviously been conditioned to think that the "Big Bang Theory" is something that we just think happened in a blink of an eye and BOOM all life forms that we have today existed faster then you can blink and eye. The fact that you used "randomly happened" shows that you do not indeed understand the concept.  I suggest you become a little more knowledgeable in the area(s) that you are trying to counter argue. Now that we have that established and you understand that the earth did not in fact just appear overnight (or in a day, week, or years) because of some great big cosmo flash in the sky, lets move on to the circular reasoning that needs to be addressed. YOU say that scientifically it cant happen but yet you believe that a diety just decided one day that he was tired of being around nothing and just spoke everything into existence (and in a week at that...)? Yes that does make more sense. On top of that since I obviously presume that you are a creationist, I'd like to know...Which creation story do you go by exactly? And what I mean in asking that question is to assert that there are TWO different accounts of the way the world was created in the Bible. Oh you don't believe me or think that it's open for interpretation? I suggest you read Genesis Chapter One and Two. That's all you need to read to know what I am refering to. And please dont think to answer this in your own head as "it's a mistake" or a "translation error" or from a "different point of view" because in admiting any of the aforementioned excuses you are weaking the morale of the bible that you hold so dearly and close to your heart. You either accept the bible as a whole and that it is indeed infalliabe or you don't and realize that the bible is all a bunch of moot and the god that you know of, just doesnt exist. It's that simple.

"I have no proof that God exists, just
faith and that is enough for me."

 Thats right you don't, I'm actually glad that someone is willing to admit they dont and honest enough with themselves and others to say that all they need is faith. Now given that you said it, I hope that you never get into a discussion of "GOD REALLY EXISTS" because if you do, someone is going to say "prove it" and you can't. So you will automatically have lost that battle.

"You guys really are no different then the wacko fundementalists; you are just as bias and you seek to get people to adopt your own ideologys."

I can speak from experience that non-believers ARE different than fundies. I don't actively seek out and try to change peoples religious views. You dont see me knocking on doors and handing out packets, Advertising on t.v, threatning people with a you're going to hell tactic, or flying to third world countries using the disadvantages of the poor, weak and feeble to "gain a soul". DO YOU? No, so that's pretty much moot also.

 I see you hate Christians.

Oh lord here it comes...the persecution cry.. *cringes* No your statement is not correct and factual in any way. You know how jesus said hate the sin, love the sinner. Same mentality here.

"most of the people in our goverment are into illuminati SATANISUM!!!"

Once again with the wording. Context clues tell me that you actually believe that "Satanism" is actually the worship of satan. Thats about as accurate as saying we come from monkeys. Which is... NOT.  Now unless you mean that most of the people in the goverment are into self satisfaction (the simplest and easiest way I can sum up satanism), then you're prob right. But then again arent we all? Another thing that you have said...Moot.

"because just like the church going folk, you are not able to think for yourself."

...Said the guy who implied that earth happened overnight, satanism is actually the worship of satan, and prob who asks (as his best defense ) the ever amusing question "If we come from monkey's...then why are there still monkey's". Plus..you used the word "folk".

BTW...I would NEVER EVER cheer on any holocaust against any group whatsoever.

L&R

Heather
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.


tree-sitter
Theist
Posts: 80
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Hey There!!! I guess I

Hey There!!! I guess I will respond to each part of this email.

 

Atheist Eye Candy wrote:

"I think it is funny that the people that believe in God are irrational but the people who accept the thought that all of the complexity and beauty of the earth just randomly happened have rational. That is very silly and irrational in and of itself."

First of all you've obviously been conditioned to think that the "Big Bang Theory" is something that we just think happened in a blink of an eye and BOOM all life forms that we have today existed faster then you can blink and eye. The fact that you used "randomly happened" shows that you do not indeed understand the concept. I suggest you become a little more knowledgeable in the area(s) that you are trying to counter argue. Now that we have that established and you understand that the earth did not in fact just appear overnight (or in a day, week, or years) because of some great big cosmo flash in the sky, lets move on to the circular reasoning that needs to be addressed. YOU say that scientifically it cant happen but yet you believe that a diety just decided one day that he was tired of being around nothing and just spoke everything into existence (and in a week at that...)? Yes that does make more sense. On top of that since I obviously presume that you are a creationist, I'd like to know...Which creation story do you go by exactly? And what I mean in asking that question is to assert that there are TWO different accounts of the way the world was created in the Bible. Oh you don't believe me or think that it's open for interpretation? I suggest you read Genesis Chapter One and Two. That's all you need to read to know what I am refering to. And please dont think to answer this in your own head as "it's a mistake" or a "translation error" or from a "different point of view" because in admiting any of the aforementioned excuses you are weaking the morale of the bible that you hold so dearly and close to your heart. You either accept the bible as a whole and that it is indeed infalliabe or you don't and realize that the bible is all a bunch of moot and the god that you know of, just doesnt exist. It's that simple.

 

I will read that scripture but I really wished you would have just told me what you were getting at about the two creation theroys. Unlike the misconception about Christians, I have mind of my own and can think out of the box. I do agree with you, so many Christians use the lame excuses of "transulation errors" to dodge what the bible really says. Here is my view. I do not think the earth was created over night. I have no idea where people get that the earth is only 6,000 years old but I think thats silly and can't be true. The earth was created over an incredibly long period of time. The bible says that a day to God is like a thousand years to man. So If the earth was created in six days, then that means 6,000 years of actual creation. However, it makes no mention that those days were back to back. So, I think that each day could have been spread out over hundreds of thousands of years... even millions. So the idea that the earth is billions of years old makes perfect sense to me. I also understand that there is a lot of truth to ideas like natural selection and adaptation... but they in no way prove to me that there is not a God.

 

"I have no proof that God exists, just
faith and that is enough for me."

Thats right you don't, I'm actually glad that someone is willing to admit they dont and honest enough with themselves and others to say that all they need is faith. Now given that you said it, I hope that you never get into a discussion of "GOD REALLY EXISTS" because if you do, someone is going to say "prove it" and you can't. So you will automatically have lost that battle.

 

No one has seen God at any time. You can not prove the existance of God but you can not prove that he does not exist. I have plenty of hard evidence to prove to myself that he is real and his word is trust-worthy but I don't expect anyone else to believe. I will say this, sister... just as people have found skeletal evidence that proves evolution, we have also uneartherd skelentons that prove the bible is real. So we both have solid evidences to prove our points... we both may say that they are not strong enough to convince each other but to each his own, right?

 

"You guys really are no different then the wacko fundementalists; you are just as bias and you seek to get people to adopt your own ideologys."

I can speak from experience that non-believers ARE different than fundies. I don't actively seek out and try to change peoples religious views. You dont see me knocking on doors and handing out packets, Advertising on t.v, threatning people with a you're going to hell tactic, or flying to third world countries using the disadvantages of the poor, weak and feeble to "gain a soul". DO YOU? No, so that's pretty much moot also.

 

Well, I am going to call you on this one, sister. You are wrong... in fact you have spoken a lie. Athiests do try to convert people. Brain himself said that he hopes to lead people away from there delusions of religon. I understand that you yourself may not try to convert people to athiesim but this site definately does. If you were a Wicccan saying the same thing, I would agree but this site is completely in the buisness of trying to convince people that there is no God. Also, although your generalzation of Christians is true in some ways it is not true in all. Not all Christians go around the world just trying to spread the word of Jesus (It is a good thing they do though).  The Christian Peacemaker Team goes to war torn regions of the earth simply to help reduce violence and nothing more... they show that you can preach the truth of Jesus Christ without saying a word.  Regardless of what anyone thinks, that is an example of pure religion changing the world for the better. I think we should give those people credit because some of them have died doing it. How many of us are ready to give our lifes for people we don't even know??? It adds great validity to our faith.

I see you hate Christians.

Oh lord here it comes...the persecution cry.. *cringes* No your statement is not correct and factual in any way. You know how jesus said hate the sin, love the sinner. Same mentality here.

 

Yep, Jesus said hate the sin but love the sinner... right on! If only more of us could live like that. You are speaking as a person who lives in America, where Christianity is powerful, hypocratical and knows no persecution. We sit in our comfortable homes, letting the world go to hell and tell our selves "We don't need to do anything about the world because we are all going to be raptured". The truth is that Christianity has always been a religion of suffering. We are just experiencing a time in America of extream comfort but those days are ending. All around the world, people are dying for Jesus' name and soon it is going to come to America. I see what you are saying though, how insane it is that we cry persection in America but you just don't see what is coming in the future.

 

"most of the people in our goverment are into illuminati SATANISUM!!!"

Once again with the wording. Context clues tell me that you actually believe that "Satanism" is actually the worship of satan. Thats about as accurate as saying we come from monkeys. Which is... NOT. Now unless you mean that most of the people in the goverment are into self satisfaction (the simplest and easiest way I can sum up satanism), then you're prob right. But then again arent we all? Another thing that you have said...Moot.

 

Of course, I know that 99.9% of Satanists do not even believe in Satan and are actually pretty cool people. I am not talking about them. Someone in this thread said that I thought Satanisum was all black clothes, no church and Marlyn Manson. How silly would that be if it was true. No, I am talking about high level polititions, who pose as Christians but are really members of underground rings of devil worship.  People who laugh at this only add to the understanding that the world is blind.  I know that you are rolling your eyes right now and that is alright. However, I have done my homework on the subject and I can give a great amount of evidence to prove it.  If we do not wake up and fight the real enemy, then we are all going to lose our freedoms in this country.  Look up, THE FRANKLIN COVERUP, THE SKULL AND BONES, THE BOHEMIANS GROVE, PAULL BONNANCIA

 

"because just like the church going folk, you are not able to think for yourself."

...Said the guy who implied that earth happened overnight, satanism is actually the worship of satan, and prob who asks (as his best defense ) the ever amusing question "If we come from monkey's...then why are there still monkey's". Plus..you used the word "folk".

BTW...I would NEVER EVER cheer on any holocaust against any group whatsoever.

L&R

 

I already apoligized from the bottom of my heart about saying you guys would cheer on a holocaust. Maybe you just didn't see it. I will say it again... I WAS WRONG TO SAY THOUSE THINGS. I guess I am just really offended when this site says that you guys want to end religion. People have the right to there religion. Look, no one knows more them me how twisted and backwards the church has become but that doesn't mean that religon is bad. The bible says that "pure religon is to help the widows and the fatherless in there affliction"; have you ever known of that causing any harm. I think that when we blame the worlds problems on religion... it's a coup out, ya know? I mean, look at the war in Iraq. Hundreds of thousands of innocent people have been killed there. We can blame it on God but we are ultimately the ones who are to blame. It is us, the people, who can demand that the government pull out of that country and yet we do nothing. The problem with the world is not religon, the problem with the world is; greed, violence, hatred and arrogance. You can say that the bible promotes these things and prove that you don't know the overall message of that book. For every violent verse in Leviticus I can find ten other verses that show that Love, Mercy, Peace and Justice are the true ways of God.

You guys should ask me more out of the box questions. I think you will find that I am more open minded then you may think.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
I'd actually prefer to let

I'd actually prefer to let you read more of the site, Joseph. That would go farther toward convincing me of your open-mindedness than putting up the same stuff we've read from theists for over 1 1/2 years.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


tree-sitter
Theist
Posts: 80
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Valid point, valid point. 

Valid point, valid point.  I will look into the site but I don't know if it is going to be that much different from the people who are on it.  I mean, you seem cool and a couple others but mostly people are real cruel and nasty.  Plus, I am afraid that I will come across a video of people using the bible to pick up Dog shit.... thats wicked man.  I know a lot of good athiests that think thats wicked.


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Pssst!  Tree-sitter! Using

Pssst!  Tree-sitter!

Using colored text can be extremely hard for some folks to read, depending on the browser they use.

OK  OK.  Yup.  I'm one of the folks that has a hard time with colored text.

If you could stick with the quote function, it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I don't think I've officially welcomed you yet!  Welcome! 

(I like you and hope you stick around awhile.)

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


tree-sitter
Theist
Posts: 80
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Susan!!!! Point well

Thanks Susan!!!! Point well taken... I was thinking the same thing, lol.

 

I feel kinda silly because I can't figure out how to select specific sentences to quote. 


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
tree-sitter wrote: Thanks

tree-sitter wrote:

Thanks Susan!!!! Point well taken... I was thinking the same thing, lol.

I feel kinda silly because I can't figure out how to select specific sentences to quote.

Please don't feel silly.  It took me awhile to figure it out. 

Actually, I think I'll create a thread in General Conversations with some instructions because a lot of folks have a problem with this. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Atheist Eye Candy
Atheist Eye Candy's picture
Posts: 11
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
Good Morning! Let me just

Good Morning! Let me just start by saying that I respect your views.......

"I will read that scripture but I really wished you would have just told me what you were getting at about the two creation theroys. "

No, I wanted you to read it for a reason. I'd like to know if you actually caught on to the contradictions. I understand that the bible says a day to man is like a thousand years in God's time. So I can understand that the conclusion for some creationists is that it actually took six thousand years. However you said that the bible doesnt say that it was back to back therefore you draw the conclusion that it could have taken millions and millions of years. The bible doesnt say it but in the context it was written it most definetly implies that the days were back to back. And in any given case it doesnt also say what type of form that man was first created, just that we were created in God's Image. So does that mean that I can draw the conclusion that God resembles an ape? Or what science refers to as "the common ancestor?" Think about that line of reasoning for a second.

 "but they in no way prove to me that there is not a God."

True. However you seem like a man who uses his brain. I think that all the contradictions on the bible and really the just landish stories, should prove to you that the God that was created by the writers of the bible, is probally as non-existent as you would consider Zeus. Do you understand my point? I'm sure any deity that actually exists would not allow for humans to screw up and misprint and account that actually happened.

"I have plenty of hard evidence to prove to myself that he is real and his word is trust-worthy but I don't expect anyone else to believe"

So do people that worship other dieties. They really believe the personal experiences that happen to them. Does that mean that more than one diety exists? Or does that further prove the statement that god is created in man's own image? Your God could most definetly be true in your own eyes. The same way that it is true for Allah in Islam. There isn't any way of proving which diety is real and which diety isnt. Therefore my line of thinking is NO diety out there can be proven so why should I believe in any particular one? Why should I waste my life restricted by rules that are forced through a religion? You might say the thought of hell. Well I dont think pascals wager is good enough for me.  I will gladly let you believe what you want to. I might think that you are a little delusional, but I do NOT want any religion being involved in decisions that effect me. You have your church and you have your home. That's enough. I personally think that it should be a CRIME to allow imissionaries to go out and spread the word of your god. If you want to help third world countries, or poorer civilizations BRAVO. You have an amazing  heart. But do it through some other charitable organization, don't do it through means of leaping on the feeble and making them believe the way that you believe. Take a look at history. Religion is dangerous. Period.

Now I don't know what skeletal findings that you have to support the bible, I was a christian for years and saught evidence like that to prove my case, and never found anything worth debating over. Every evidence that was found has been proven to be moot. However the scientific findings that have been discovered, pretty much point out that 80% of that bible of yours is false. While we cant disprove God, what we can do is disprove what is in the bible. Every finding that we have discovered on a scientific note has pretty much contraticted what is written in the bible. If you take away the bible you are taking away the god of the bible.

"Well, I am going to call you on this one, sister. You are wrong... in fact you have spoken a lie."

If you had actually paid attention to what I wrote you would have noticed that I was referring to myself. Note the "i" that is commonly used in that paragragh. I was speaking for myyself.

THE FRANKLIN COVERUP, THE SKULL AND BONES, THE BOHEMIANS GROVE, PAULL BONNANCIA

They are all consipracy theories, and while they serve for a good story, that's all. I don't believe in consipracy theories. They to me arent proof of squat.

No I didn't see your apology but thank you. You said "that for every violent verse "etc.......I know you can but you are begging to say that the bible is true and accurate and it's not. The bible is NOT the infalliable word of God and NEEDS to stop being used as a tool, other than a great story book.

L&R

Heather
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
tree-sitter wrote: Thanks

tree-sitter wrote:

Thanks Susan!!!! Point well taken... I was thinking the same thing, lol.

I feel kinda silly because I can't figure out how to select specific sentences to quote.

Just in case you didn't see it, here it is. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


joewhyit
Posts: 43
Joined: 2007-06-12
User is offlineOffline
I was going to give this a

I was going to give this a serious reply, up until the part about the Illuminati and shit. 

Actually, I think I still will. I can't speak for everyone else here, but personally, I don't hate Christians, in and of themselves. They're just people. Sick, deluded, confused as fuck people, but people none the less. What I hate is the doctrine that's been so ingrained into their head, that you'd have better luck blasting it out with dynamite than with logical discourse.

I'm going to cut this off now, before I get on some long diatribe about the inherent goodness and potential in people to rise above that which they were wrongfully taught, and instead just tell you to go piss up a rope. 


Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
ChosenByPasta wrote: Should

ChosenByPasta wrote:
Should I even bother critiquing this bullshit?


Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2007-04-21
User is offlineOffline
These books will change

These books will change your life: 


dassercha
Superfan
Posts: 233
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Your comment: "Darth

Your comment:

"Darth Josh… I understand how you construed persecution as an insinuation that you all will burn in hell. Although, I do believe in Hell I would never gloat about anyone going there…"

I wish to set you free:

...a nice link from a theist against the existence of Hell:

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/ifhellisreal.htm

best wishes...

 

 

 

 

EDUCATION! EDUCATION! EDUCATION!


violator
violator's picture
Posts: 17
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Why does this guy think

Why does this guy think things like evolution are irrational when he clearly hasn't even studied them?

Oh, right: faith.

'The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference.'
- Richard Dawkins


Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
Posts: 1142
Joined: 2007-05-22
User is offlineOffline
Dave_G wrote: These books

Dave_G wrote:

These books will change your life: 

 

BRAVO!  Poor grammar is something up with which I shall not put! 

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer