You = sad, lonely, angry, and really believe / never did (YOU RESPOND)

Voided
Posts: 1195
Joined: 2006-02-20
User is offlineOffline
You = sad, lonely, angry, and really believe / never did (YOU RESPOND)

YOU RESPOND:

getalegup wrote:
I can not prove to you God exists. You would not listen anyway. All the people on your videos look so sad. They look so lonely. For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, that whoever should believe in Him SHALL NOT PARISH, but have everlasting life. A message of hope, love and peace. Like a parent who loves a child, God has given his children free will, a choice. You have all made yours. If you don't believe in God then why so angry towards God and religion. Deep down you all believe that God exists, you are just angry that He does and there will be accountability for your actions. Penn denouncing God? What a joke. He never believed in God or the Holy Spirit to begin with. Your efforts to have people deny God is like me trying to denounce the Loch Ness monster. I never believed in the Loch Ness monster so why denounce the monster. If you don't believe in God or Christ why such an effort to deny something you never believed in? It's sad really. My life has been transformed for the positive for believing in Christ but I doubt if you would ever travel to interview me and air why I love Christ so much. I will pray for you. You have denied your Father. He did not deny you. Think about it. So, why so angry? I too don't believe in the Easter Bunny but I don't spend my days and nights getting people to deny the Easter Bunny. You must believe in God our you wouldn't be so consumed in making every effort to deny Him. My family will be praying for you. God Bless.


Confutatis Male...
Confutatis Maledictis's picture
Posts: 15
Joined: 2007-01-26
User is offlineOffline
getalegup wrote: I too

getalegup wrote:
I too don't believe in the Easter Bunny but I don't spend my days and nights getting people to deny the Easter Bunny. You must believe in God our you wouldn't be so consumed in making every effort to deny Him.
This one is easy.

Sam Harris wrote:
But add to this comedy of false certainties the fact that 44 percent of Americans are confident that Jesus will return to Earth sometime in the next 50 years, and you will glimpse the terrible liability of this sort of thinking. Given the most common interpretation of Biblical prophecy, it is not an exaggeration to say that nearly half the American population is eagerly anticipating the end of the world. It should be clear that this faith-based nihilism provides its adherents with absolutely no incentive to build a sustainable civilization—economically, environmentally or geopolitically. Some of these people are lunatics, of course, but they are not the lunatic fringe. We are talking about the explicit views of Christian ministers who have congregations numbering in the tens of thousands. These are some of the most influential, politically connected and well-funded people in our society.

If all else fails, if all turns to dust, set sail on a ship built from trust.


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I can not prove to

Quote:
I can not prove to you God exists. You would not listen anyway.

that's right, be a bigot and just assert. "Oh your going to hell, it's nothing to me!"  Why don't you put up or shut up.

 

Quote:
You have denied your Father. He did not deny you.

He has denied me evidence that I need to believe, so I guess I can say he did deny me.

Quote:
I will pray for you.

I will do something useful for the world for you 

Quote:
All the people on your videos look so sad.

Why don't you just tell the people who made the videos instead of running to us?

Quote:
God has given his children free will, a choice. You have all made yours.

Again, he has the final choice, he knows what evidence it will take for me to believe.

 

If I go to hell, it's his fault! 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


MrRage
Posts: 896
Joined: 2006-12-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote: For God so loved the

Quote:
For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, that whoever should believe in Him SHALL NOT PARISH, but have everlasting life. A message of hope, love and peace. Like a parent who loves a child

How is this a message of hope, love and peace, when those who don't believe in him will parish, uh, perish. What sort of a loving parent would make a broken creature, and then eternally punishing those creatures that don't somehow suck up to him?

Quote:
If you don't believe in God or Christ why such an effort to deny something you never believed in?

First off, many of us did believe at one time. I'm one of them. Secondly, I thought the reason for the effort was obvious. It's to free other people of the shackles of theism, and to show other atheist they're not alone. It is a message of hope to me!


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
LOL! Didn't notice the

LOL! Didn't notice the spelling error before:

 

Parish = Lousiana equivalent of county

Perish = die.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


MisterDax
Posts: 66
Joined: 2007-01-25
User is offlineOffline
The Power of the Easter Bunny compels you!

"I can not prove to you God exists."

 If you cannot prove it to us, then you cannot prove it to yourself. If you cannot prove it to yourself, why are you so confident that god exists?

" If you don't believe in God then why so angry towards God and religion."

I have nothing against gods, it is their fanclubs I can't stand. Religions teach their dogmas and irrational beliefs as facts without any evidence or reasoning. It is about time that religions are being questioned about their dogmas and teachings.

 "Deep down you all believe that God exists, you are just angry that He does and there will be accountability for your actions."

Actually I don't believe in gods, but apparently you know me and my beliefs better than I do. Please, prove to me that I believe in gods. 

"He never believed in God or the Holy Spirit to begin with."

Wait, I thought everyone actually believes in god? 

"If you don't believe in God or Christ why such an effort to deny something you never believed in?"

To show people like you that we are not afraid of your pathetic threats concerning hells and gods. 

"You have denied your Father."

 Actually, I have not denied my dad, we talked over the phone yesterday. He had some problems with his antivirus program and I helped him.

" I too don't believe in the Easter Bunny but I don't spend my days and nights getting people to deny the Easter Bunny."

You would if people would threaten you and people around with the Revenge of the Easter Bunny and try to reject science and equal rights by appealing to moral and ethics taught by the Easter Bunny.


Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2006-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I can not prove to

Quote:
I can not prove to you God exists.

We know that.

Quote:
You would not listen anyway.

We will, if what you say is not complete nonsense.

Quote:
All the people on your videos look so sad. They look so lonely.

I can't say anything for them, but what I can say is that I'm quite happy, I have friends, family, a probably soon to be wife...

Quote:
For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, that whoever should believe in Him SHALL NOT PARISH, but have everlasting life.

He practically sacrificed himself to himself, so that we can escape the wrath of himself. Logical, isn't it?

Quote:
A message of hope, love and peace.

Let's see... since Jesus was sacrificed, we apparently had:

- crusades

- inquisition

- djihads

- dictatorial religious regimes

... someone apparently didn't get the message.

Quote:
Like a parent who loves a child, God has given his children free will, a choice.

Spare us the crap will you?

Quote:
You have all made yours.

Yes, we did.

Quote:
If you don't believe in God then why so angry towards God and religion.

Read two answers above to understand...

Quote:
Deep down you all believe that God exists, you are just angry that He does and there will be accountability for your actions.

No, we don't believe God exists... and we take full responsibility. Why would it be worth anything to be angry at something inevitable?

Quote:
Penn denouncing God? What a joke. He never believed in God or the Holy Spirit to begin with.

Whatever...

Quote:
Your efforts to have people deny God is like me trying to denounce the Loch Ness monster.

I'm glad you agree. I couldn't have said it better !

Quote:
I never believed in the Loch Ness monster so why denounce the monster.

Because some others believe in it, thus making a stand.

[quoteIf you don't believe in God or Christ why such an effort to deny something you never believed in?

Read above.

Quote:
It's sad really. My life has been transformed for the positive for believing in Christ but I doubt if you would ever travel to interview me and air why I love Christ so much.

Lucky you. Wait, wasn't that love lust ...?

Quote:
I will pray for you.

Good. Perhaps you would pray that I get a BMW, or a JMC right out of the skies for my upcoming birthday, that'll clearly be a sign for my conversion.

Quote:
You have denied your Father. He did not deny you. Think about it.

No jealous, avenging, sacrifice-demanding, people-killing, worship-demanding, logically impossible, slave-trading and woman-marginalizing creature is my father. I consider him as non-existing, and even if he exists, I will NEVER accept him as my father or saviour.

Quote:
So, why so angry? I too don't believe in the Easter Bunny but I don't spend my days and nights getting people to deny the Easter Bunny.

Perhaps you should. Do you even think how much those paper-meche easter bunnies cost, just to decorate the cities? (joke, of course)

Quote:
You must believe in God our you wouldn't be so consumed in making every effort to deny Him. My family will be praying for you.

Actually, we quite don't. We consider this belief as a form of intellectual slavery. The Gauls didn't believe that the Roman emperor was there out of ius divinae, but they too fought against their slavery.

Quote:
God Bless.

May you find peace in Buddha. Alah`u`akbarr. All hail Jupiter. Etc.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5809
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote: If you don't believe

Quote:

If you don't believe in God then why so angry towards God and religion

Simple. I object to people pushing those mistaken beliefs on others, precisely because I am strongly convinced they are wrong, ie untrue. If I respect and pursue anything above all else, it is Truth, or as close as we can get to that ideal, and religion is a LIE. Maybe a comforting lie to many, but that is the justification of the drug addict.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10348
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
getalegup wrote:I can not

getalegup wrote:
I can not prove to you God exists.

Because it doesn't.

getalegup wrote:
You would not listen anyway.

That's where you're wrong. Provide some real evidence and we'll listen.

getalegup wrote:
All the people on your videos look so sad. They look so lonely.

Your perceptions are obviously off. It's the people in your church who are sad and lonely. Praying to nothingness.

getalegup wrote:
For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, that whoever should believe in Him SHALL NOT PARISH, but have everlasting life. A message of hope, love and peace.

A message of bs.

getalegup wrote:
Like a parent who loves a child, God has given his children free will, a choice.

Evolution gave us intellect, not a false god.

getalegup wrote:

You have all made yours. If you don't believe in God then why so angry towards God and religion.

It is impossible to be angry at something that doesn't exist. As for your religion, if you all shut the hell up then so will we.

getalegup wrote:
Deep down you all believe that God exists,

Nope. This is unequivical evidence of your lies. I'll ignore the rest since you've done nothing of substance so far, and suggested to me you are incapable of changing that.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.