God knew what RRS would do, but this isn't his plan for us?

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
God knew what RRS would do, but this isn't his plan for us?

YOU RESPOND:

Quote:

FROM: denisepeele@cox.net

Hi - The Lord loves you and wants you to be saved. I just looked at the
website about blasphemy, where you are encouraging people to make a vidoe
stating that they renounce the Holy Spirit. If you've chosen the path to
hell on your own, I will pray for you that Jesus will touch your heart.

But PLEASE, PLEASE - don't encourage people who need guidance and
direction to do this. This is NOT the life that God has in mind for you.
This is NOT God's will for you. His will is that you live forever in
heaven by believing in His only Son Jesus Christ.

Confess your sins to God and ask Jesus to forgive you. Believe that He
died for you to be your savior and to set you free - to give you eternal
life.

I will be praying for you all.

Christ's Blessings,

Denise

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Um... So, god, was... um...

Um...

So, god, was... um... wrong?

but...

um...

god made the universe with full knowledge that we'd do this, and he could have made it any other way he wanted, but he made it this way...

so...

umm..

how is that not his plan?

(hambydammit wanders away scratching his head.)

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13843
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
YOU RESPOND:
Quote:
FROM: denisepeele@cox.net Hi - The Lord loves you and wants you to be saved. I just looked at the website about blasphemy, where you are encouraging people to make a vidoe stating that they renounce the Holy Spirit. If you've chosen the path to hell on your own, I will pray for you that Jesus will touch your heart. But PLEASE, PLEASE - don't encourage people who need guidance and direction to do this. This is NOT the life that God has in mind for you. This is NOT God's will for you. His will is that you live forever in heaven by believing in His only Son Jesus Christ. Confess your sins to God and ask Jesus to forgive you. Believe that He died for you to be your savior and to set you free - to give you eternal life. I will be praying for you all. Christ's Blessings, Denise

HOW DARE YOU CODDLE THE INFEDELS!

WHY DID BIN LADIN COMMAND 19 PEOPLE TO DIE FOR ALLAH?

It certainly wasnt so you could pray for Christans and atheists!

 YOU BLASPHEMER! 

You think because  your "superman" has a "J" on it his chest that you know what Muslims and Atheists don't know?

Since you know so much about the future of humanity, could you predict the next time I will get laid? I am sure something as mundain as that shouldnt be a problem for daddy to predict. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
Posts: 1322
Joined: 2006-02-11
User is offlineOffline

Super Jesus!


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
DENISE WROTE BACK AFTER I

DENISE WROTE BACK AFTER I SENT HER THE LINK TO THIS THREAD:

 

Denise wrote:

That's right.  God did know that you would do this.  And it is NOT His will for you.
He created us to have free will (to make our own choice to follow him).  Currently
the world is under the influence of Satan.  Satan is the one who whispers things to
you like the Holy Spirit does not exist.  For every sinner who repents and turns to
Christ, the angels in heaven rejoice!  This is God's divine and perfect plan.  Don't
turn away from Him, and don't lead others away from Him. 

Consider this...if you are right, then when you die nothing happens...no harm no
fowl...Now, consider for just one moment that you are wrong...the Bible describes
hell as a place literally of fire where lost souls will be tormented for eternity and
where lost souls will beg for one drop of water to quench their thirst. If, on the
other hand, you are wrong and those of us who believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and
Savior go to heaven, then we will be walking on streets of gold and living in
mansions and praising God for all eternity bathing in the mercy and grace and glory
of God forever and forever. 

I'm not willing to take that chance and bet my soul on an eternity of torment.  I
choose Christ, and I think you should too...

Christ's Blessings,

Denise Gant-Peele

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
So... um... God, knowing

So...

um...

God, knowing everything he knew, created satan, and he could have... um... not created satan, but he did...

... knowing that satan would rule the world and whisper things in my ear...

but it's not his plan because...

um...

he..

um...

how is it not his plan again?

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Also, enter my alter-ego,

Also, enter my alter-ego, PASCAL-HATERDAMMIT!!!

So, if there is a god, I have to pick the right one.  It might be Allah.  It might be that the Jews have it right, and Yahweh is real, but Jesus is not...

It might be that the pagans have it right and there are multiple gods.

Hell, Zeus might be god... or maybe Mithra... that's who the people who wrote the bible copied when they made up the story of Jesus...

Maybe it's Marduk!  He was god before there were ever Hebrews, and presided over the largest empire in the world...

Hell, there's a lot more than just your little god to choose from

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: So, if


Hambydammit wrote:

So, if there is a god, I have to pick the right one.

I think I choose PASCAL-HATERDAMMIT!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10732
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
" Consider this...if you are

"

Consider this...if you are right, then when you die nothing happens...no harm no
fowl...Now, consider for just one moment that you are wrong...the Bible describes
hell as a place literally of fire where lost souls will be tormented for eternity and
where lost souls will beg for one drop of water to quench their thirst. If, on the
other hand, you are wrong and those of us who believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and
Savior go to heaven, then we will be walking on streets of gold and living in
mansions and praising God for all eternity bathing in the mercy and grace and glory
of God forever and forever. 

I'm not willing to take that chance and bet my soul on an eternity of torment.  I
choose Christ, and I think you should too..."

 

That's one of the biggest problems with your false religion. You need threats in order to sway those who don't believe as you do. Well your threats have no hold on my heart.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
Posts: 280
Joined: 2006-11-08
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Consider this...if

Quote:
Consider this...if you are right, then when you die nothing happens...no harm no
fowl...

So...Why don't I get any chicken if there isn't a god? 

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine


Voided
Posts: 1195
Joined: 2006-02-20
User is offlineOffline
My reaction's to

My reaction's to denisepeele's statements in order...

People don't choose to find something true or false and personally I don't want some old dead guy touching me.

If god wanted me to believe in the existence of something god should have given people evidence for such beliefs. Now how do you know what god has in mind for me? Are you saying I can defy god?

Well see if I do something wrong I don't just think telling some guy with a collar about it makes everything ok. Now according to your bible I have eternal life regardless of belief, but really to be set free I wouldn't need threats of eternal pain and suffering...

I will be thinking for you.

Freewill? By that do you mean free to do what god says? Also I don't have voices in my head, if you are hearing Satan please go see a doctor.

Pascal's Wager is shit.

I don't take sucker bets and it is you who is doing the betting by limiting yourself.

In Reason,

Void


MisterDax
Posts: 66
Joined: 2007-01-25
User is offlineOffline
"The Lord loves you and

"The Lord loves you and wants you to be saved."

Then why I am not saved? 'The Lord' seems quite incompetent for all-powerful and all-knowing being. 

 "This is NOT the life that God has in mind for you.
This is NOT God's will for you. His will is that you live forever in
heaven by believing in His only Son Jesus Christ."

If I understand your mythology correctly, one can only spend time in heaven after ones death. So...if god wants me in heaven, why am I still alive? Can't use lightning because god didn't pay the electric bill?

 "Confess your sins to God and ask Jesus to forgive you. Believe that He
died for you to be your savior and to set you free - to give you eternal
life."

 But I can't. Because I do not believe in god, I don't believe in sin either. And I don't believe in your mythology, because it is absurd. God sacrificing himself to himself to save people from his wrath. People dying for 2.5 days and then coming back to life without any decomposition or at least brain damage.

  "I will be praying for you all."

Pity I can't think for you... 


Vessel
Vessel's picture
Posts: 646
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

ImmaculateDeception wrote:

Quote:
Consider this...if you are right, then when you die nothing happens...no harm no
fowl...

So...Why don't I get any chicken if there isn't a god?

Thanks to the noise this caused me to make, there are now a couple of people looking at me as if I have finally gone over the edge. Thanks for that. 

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
I find it strange that

I find it strange that people don't see the immoral nature of this deal they have going with god.

An innocent person (Jesus) is being punished for the 'sins' of a guilty person (you). And he's not just being punished he's being tortured and murdered. Punishing innocent people for the crimes of guilty people goes against the whole idea of retribution. It's immoral almost any way you look at it.

If you were going to punish your child, your child shouldn't try to avoid the punishment, and the absolute last thing they should do is pass the blame on to some totally innocent person.

So now god is threatening you with the worst punishment you could imagine that doesn't fit the crime and the only way you can avoid it is to do one of the most immoral things possible. Blame a completely innocent person.

And to muddy the water even further you may not have done anything. The bible says all people are born into sin. So god is blaming you for something you had no control over in the first place and offering you this horrendous deal to escape the blame. And if you don't take it you'll be tortured forever.

The entire thing is just warped. Even if I believed in god I wouldn't believe something like that.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
"That's right.  God did

"That's right.  God did know that you would do this.  And it is NOT His will for you."

That makes ZERO sense. If God is omnicient and omnipotent, none of us can do anything other than his will by defintion. Take your claims to their logical conclusions, please.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
Posts: 280
Joined: 2006-11-08
User is offlineOffline
Vessel

Vessel wrote:
ImmaculateDeception wrote:

Quote:
Consider this...if you are right, then when you die nothing happens...no harm no
fowl...

So...Why don't I get any chicken if there isn't a god?

Thanks to the noise this caused me to make, there are now a couple of people looking at me as if I have finally gone over the edge. Thanks for that.

No problem.  I try my best to really strike at the relevant issues.  Chicken is always a relevant issue. 

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine


Nitzia (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Scientific proof

Hi, I just found this website by casualty doing a research for a paper about the existence of Jesus Christ and its implications if this turned out to be scientificly proved.Well, it turns out that there´s more evidence (real, documented and reliable evidence) of his existance and the miracles he performed than evidence to deny this.

This said, for the existace and authenticity of Jesus Christ is real (not because just the bible states that but for all the external documentation and studies about this, like Lee Strobel´s researches -an atheist by the way-), that would implicate that his teachings were true. Now, please let me refute your entirely website just saying these word that come in the same bible you are trying to make fun of:  Satan is the god of the world. Do your own research (John 12:31, Ephesians 2:2, 2 Corinthians 4:4, and so on).

The evilness of this world has a direct proportion with our faith. This means, if you trust in the teachings of men more than you do with God nothing good can happen. Do you guys want to know why God "allows" poverty, terrorist attacks, death of inocent people and corruption?. It´s simple: he doesn´t, in the same way He does´t rule this world.

The empire of satan is much more complicated that more people, and christians, think. He managed to creat a physical kingdom on this planet (to destroy us) that works by the name of the illuminati and their well orchestrated agenda, research it, you would have all the answers you´re looking for.

God, as a father and creator don´t impose his will... each and every one of us accepts the sacrifies His son made for mankind if we want. So that we could be born again and spread the good news to those who still live under the realm of satan...

 

  


Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
Posts: 3142
Joined: 2007-06-24
User is offlineOffline
Why the flying fuck would

Why the flying fuck would you resurrect a thread that is well over a year old!?

Quote:
The empire of satan is much more complicated that more people, and christians, think. He managed to creat a physical kingdom on this planet (to destroy us) that works by the name of the illuminati and their well orchestrated agenda, research it, you would have all the answers you´re looking for.

lolwut

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Epic fail. Strobel is not an

Epic fail. Strobel is not an atheist, he's a fundie.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
 Wow.  How hard do you

 Wow.  How hard do you have to work to be so stupid that you don't even recognize one of the most prolific Christian apologists out there.  Alternatively, what kind of bizarro universe do you have to live in to think that Strobel is working for the enemy?

Now that I think about it, Strobel's arguments are so bad that you could argue that he's just trying to make Christians look stupid.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13843
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Hambydammit wrote:Also,

Hambydammit wrote:

Also, enter my alter-ego, PASCAL-HATERDAMMIT!!!

So, if there is a god, I have to pick the right one.  It might be Allah.  It might be that the Jews have it right, and Yahweh is real, but Jesus is not...

It might be that the pagans have it right and there are multiple gods.

Hell, Zeus might be god... or maybe Mithra... that's who the people who wrote the bible copied when they made up the story of Jesus...

Maybe it's Marduk!  He was god before there were ever Hebrews, and presided over the largest empire in the world...

Hell, there's a lot more than just your little god to choose from

 

There is a little yellow man in my bed

And a little yellow man in my head

Paranoia self destroya

Hambi, you are such a loser. We all know that it is my purple snarfwidget that gave you the right to blaspheme him. Just blindly defend him without question and you will be in ignorant bliss.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Nitzia wrote: Now, please

Nitzia wrote:

 Now, please let me refute your entirely website just saying these word that come in the same bible you are trying to make fun of:  Satan is the god of the world. Do your own research (John 12:31, Ephesians 2:2, 2 Corinthians 4:4, and so on).

  

Satan probably appreciated his promotion from fallen angel to the level of a god. This in itself tells you the origin of this particular fantasy. What your comment shows is a lack of knowledge in the origns of religion and it's fantasy characters. Try reading a bit about comparative religions especially in ancient times. Ancient by the way in this case means from about 500 BCE back, not last weeks sermon.  And by the way you too can do your own research. 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
Posts: 410
Joined: 2008-11-14
User is offlineOffline
Nitzia wrote:Hi, I just

Nitzia wrote:

Hi, I just found this website by casualty doing a research for a paper about the existence of Jesus Christ and its implications if this turned out to be scientificly proved.Well, it turns out that there´s more evidence (real, documented and reliable evidence) of his existance and the miracles he performed than evidence to deny this.

This said, for the existace and authenticity of Jesus Christ is real (not because just the bible states that but for all the external documentation and studies about this, like Lee Strobel´s researches -an atheist by the way-), that would implicate that his teachings were true. Now, please let me refute your entirely website just saying these word that come in the same bible you are trying to make fun of:  Satan is the god of the world. Do your own research (John 12:31, Ephesians 2:2, 2 Corinthians 4:4, and so on).

The evilness of this world has a direct proportion with our faith. This means, if you trust in the teachings of men more than you do with God nothing good can happen. Do you guys want to know why God "allows" poverty, terrorist attacks, death of inocent people and corruption?. It´s simple: he doesn´t, in the same way He does´t rule this world.

The empire of satan is much more complicated that more people, and christians, think. He managed to creat a physical kingdom on this planet (to destroy us) that works by the name of the illuminati and their well orchestrated agenda, research it, you would have all the answers you´re looking for.

God, as a father and creator don´t impose his will... each and every one of us accepts the sacrifies His son made for mankind if we want. So that we could be born again and spread the good news to those who still live under the realm of satan...

According to the wholly babble, Satan would be ' The Accuser '. He is sort of Yahweh's prosecuting attorney. If you read Job, you will see that Satan takes action only after deferring to Yahweh. He is perhaps a little overzealous in action, but is acting directly under permission of Yahweh. Read the beginning of Zechariah chapter 3 to get a feel of his action as accuser. It was only when Cyrus the Great invaded Babylon and freed the Hebrew that Satan becomes a villain. There is a reason for this, and it isn't because Satan revolted. The reason was that Cyrus brought a religion along with him known as Zoroastrianism. The Good god of this religion was Ahura Mazda.  The Persians, unlike the Hebrew, had decided that any god that was good could not possibly be responsible for evil. And so they created an evil counterpart for Ahura Mazda, Angra Mainyu. The Hebrew were fascinated by this concept, called dualism. And so the scribes and religious leaders decided that poor Satan fit the bill best. Eureka! No longer was Yahweh to blame! Blame your every ill, disease, plague, stillbirth, and failure on Satan instead!

Yep, until that very moment, Yahweh was the source of evil. After all, was it not he that ordered a servant to put a lying spirit into the mouths of the prophets in 1 kings 22? But by absorbing the element of dualism into their religion, they were able to shift the blame. Unfortunately for them, they failed to edit the Bible well enough to remove the references of Yahweh committing acts of evil prior to the coming of Cyrus.

Of course, years later, along comes Jesus. Being absolutely ignorant of his ancestors having borrowed dualism,  demonstrates his ignorance of Yahweh by continuing to perpetuate the myth of Satan the villain. Surely God incarnate would have known that his followers borrowed this from the Persians. But dull witted, non divine, purely mortal Jesus had no way of knowing that he was guilty of continuing a 500 year old theological plagiarism.

Gosh! Ain't it amazing what you can learn about the wholly babble if you actually study the subject instead of just taking some guy at the pulpit for his word?

 

But anyhow, I think I get the gist of the OP's point. God loves you. God is you father. God wants what is best for you. But if you don't listen to your loving father, he will torture you for all of eternity!

If you follow the logic of this, it breaks down like so;

1. God wants you to do what he says.

2. God doesn't want to hurt you.

3. If you insist on not doing what God says, he will hurt you, even though all he really wants is for you to do what he says.

4. Therefore, if you choose not to do what God says, it is entirely your fault, and God is not to blame.

 

OK, so, lets apply this same logic to a different event and see if it still sounds savory.

1. Billy wants to rape you.

2. Billy doesn't want to shoot you.

3. If you insist on not letting Billy rape you, he will shoot you, even though all he really wants is to rape you.

4. Therefore, if you choose not to allow Billy to rape you, it is entirely your fault, and Billy is not to blame.

Doesn't sound as palatable when you look at it that way, does it? But it is even worse than it appears. Whatever Billy does to you is finite. It will end soon enough. But God, not so sweet as rapist Billy, will torture you for all eternity. And why, you ask, would he do this? Why because he was such a lousy architect that he failed to leave you a single shred of evidence to even suggest that he existed. In fact he left tons of evidence indicating that he doesn't exist, just to trick you so he could have the satisfaction of torturing you forever.

So you just go right along worshiping your sadistic monster of a god, Nitzia. I'll take my chances with reality. I've got a sneakng suspicion that we'll both end up at the same place in the end.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.