Please help me because I have no clue...

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Please help me because I have no clue...

YOU RESPOND:

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Dec 29 2006 4:32 AM

So all I conclude from this stupid charade against MY christian god is that you IGNORANT athiests some how think you have some real point when you compare JESUS to figures like the easter bunny and santa claus. Gee for what seems to be some sort of real bid deal among you athiests, you should be able to come up with a better point then trying to tell people that, santa is fake, so that means Jesus must be fake to!

Lets go back to "the big bang". The big bang is a theory that states the entire universe as we know it exploded from absolutly NOTHING. Once upon a time there was nothing, and then all the suddun, BOOM we have a universe guys! Ok, there is strong evidence for this theory, but who triggered this BOOM? Im going to use my powers of ''reasonal thought'' to conclude that something, can NEVER come from nothing. There has to be some sort of driving force behind all things, life, death, and the big bang . This force I have come to know and love as GOD.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The fatal flaw in your

The fatal flaw in your logic is in assuming there was nothing before the big bang. As such, the rest of your argument is meaningless.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sekigahara
Sekigahara's picture
User is offlineOffline
The answer for what was

The answer for what was before the big bang is not "nothing". One reasonable explanation for this is energy, but honestly the answer is we do not know. I would like to know where this "nothing" idea came from. On the other hand, fuzzy logic have used a mathematical equation to suggest that something can come from nothing....

Voided
User is offlineOffline
sethel wrote: So all I

sethel wrote:
So all I conclude from this stupid charade against MY christian god is that you IGNORANT athiests some how think you have some real point when you compare JESUS to figures like the easter bunny and santa claus. Gee for what seems to be some sort of real bid deal among you athiests, you should be able to come up with a better point then trying to tell people that, santa is fake, so that means Jesus must be fake to!

I kind of feel the comparison is just. I have heard the same arguments for god from children about Santa. Parents tell there kids it is true and sometimes hold it above their child's head to make them behave. The same sort of thing happens with adults talking about god and religion...

My question would be why you think it is so unfair to compare the ideas. I mean if you can show me a little evidence for your ideas I would be happy to pull things like god, jesus, and santa out of the myth pile.

Quote:
Lets go back to "the big bang". The big bang is a theory that states the entire universe as we know it exploded from absolutly NOTHING. Once upon a time there was nothing, and then all the suddun, BOOM we have a universe guys!

No. That is not what it says. Please do a little research...

Quote:
Ok, there is strong evidence for this theory, but who triggered this BOOM? Im going to use my powers of ''reasonal thought'' to conclude that something, can NEVER come from nothing. There has to be some sort of driving force behind all things, life, death, and the big bang . This force I have come to know and love as GOD.

Your argument, at its core, is the unmoved mover argument.

The problem with it is that even if you can get to a point where everything must have had a cause the cause is not proven to be god. Also the thing you might call god doesn't even begin to apply qualities like all knowing, loving, or even powerful.

You also look at science find something we may not be able to fully explain and say god did it. This kind of action is something I consider intellectual laziness and partially dangerous. Lazy because you give up on knowledge before you start and dangerous because you are discouraging the search for knowledge.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
And what caused God by the

And what caused God by the way?

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
So you're saying you can buy

So you're saying you can buy the notion of an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-good, omniscient being more complicated than anything we know to exist today through science existing at the beginning of the universe but somehow you find an explosion and the idea of simple things gradually developing into increasingly more complex things over billions of years absurd. If that's the case, there's no point in ever responding further to you. You're beyond help.

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
"reaonal

"reasonal thought"?!

Bahahahahahaha.......Oh man, what an ass.

Alex14
User is offlineOffline
Or: RationalResponseSquad

Or:

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
YOU RESPOND:
Quote:
----------------- Original Message ----------------- From: sethel Date: Dec 29 2006 4:32 AM So all I conclude from this stupid charade against MY MUSLIM god is that you IGNORANT athiests some how think you have some real point when you compare ALLAH to figures like the easter bunny and santa claus. Gee for what seems to be some sort of real bid deal among you athiests, you should be able to come up with a better point then trying to tell people that, santa is fake, so that means ALLAH must be fake to! Lets go back to "the big bang". The big bang is a theory that states the entire universe as we know it exploded from absolutly NOTHING. Once upon a time there was nothing, and then all the suddun, BOOM we have a universe guys! Ok, there is strong evidence for this theory, but who triggered this BOOM? Im going to use my powers of ''reasonal thought'' to conclude that something, can NEVER come from nothing. There has to be some sort of driving force behind all things, life, death, and the big bang . This force I have come to know and love as ALLAH.

See, it can be changed to any other god that other people may believe in. Maybe it wasn't Jesus or Allah maybe it was Zues. Can you really be sure? No. But science gives us a reasonable 'explanation' as to how the universe came to be. So, I don't know I prefer to go by science then by some invisible man in the sky. Oh, by the way instead of a god you can put in The Flying Spaghetti Monster, Personally i think he's more fun. lol

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
OH SHEEP DIP! THE JIG IS

OH SHEEP DIP! THE JIG IS UP, QUICK, EVERYONE CONVERT BEFORE JESUS GET'S MAD!

(Tapping fingers, twiddling thumbs)

(Phone operator voice) "The diety you dialed has been debunked, please check reality and dial again" 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog