Why are you pushing all that is anti-god?

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why are you pushing all that is anti-god?

YOU RESPOND:

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Dec 1 2006 10:07 PM

I was just wondering why you are pushing athiesm so much? Or all that is anti-God? I'm not wanting to come across judgmental or hating or anything, I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from. And do you accept Christians or any other religions? I only ask you because I am a Christ follower, I'm not ashamed of my belief and faith, I just like to understand where other people are coming from.

Thank You

Heather

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Heather,We are not

Heather,
We are not "anti-god" as there is no god to be against. We are for rational thought. The logical conclusion to the god question is that mankind invented it.

If you care to come present your beliefs and how you came to them, we will gladly show you where you went wrong in your thinking and help set your mind free of this delusion.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I was just wondering

Quote:
I was just wondering why you are pushing athiesm so much?

Why did women push for the right to vote? Why do homosexuals push for equal marriage rights and basic civil rights? Why did African Americans march in the 60s? Make no mistake, this IS a civil rights movement. We're the last major and most hated minority in the US.

Quote:
Or all that is anti-God?

That's like asking if we're anti-toothfairy. We oppose what religion does and the division it creates, we cannot oppose things we consider imaginary. Are you anti-Thor?

Quote:
I'm not wanting to come across judgmental or hating or anything, I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from.

Religion is irrational, and needs to be criticised and confronted, and we need to teach critical thinking to people. That's really it in a nut shell. You probably will take that personally, most religious people do. I don't understand why you take it that way, but trust me, from the stacks of hate mail we get, you do.

Quote:
And do you accept Christians or any other religions? I only ask you because I am a Christ follower, I'm not ashamed of my belief and faith, I just like to understand where other people are coming from.

Thank You

Some of my best friends and family are Christians, I'm a Catholic apostate myself. They know I think their belifes are nutty. We still get along. Some things are more important than theological quibbles.

I hate the game, not the players, for the most part anyway.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.