Atheists are blind, we are praying for you

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline

YOU RESPOND:

What are you afraid of? Your attempt to deny that Christ loves you is futile. Every knee will bow to Jesus Christ in acknowledgement of his divine sovereignty and you have absolutely no control over that event happening in your life or anyone elses. I feel sympathy for you all. May
the God of this existence open your blind eyes to see that He is real, because if He doesn't, then you'll just keep deceiving yourselves and keep trying to deceive others. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Here is an excerpt of the rules for you Asmoday...

Antagonism is giving one or more members a hard time. Cases typically comprise a series of provocations, each not necessarily sanctionable in its own right. Incidents can include, but are by no means limited to the following:

Slander/Libel
Clear intent to not argue a position, but to merely attack a person
Trolling
Abuse
Bullying

Quote:
So I say to you Mr Christianity, take your cross of pain, misery, suffering, and death, and shove it up your sexually repressed anus
...............you angellically possessed piece of shit.

and...

Quote:
Fuck your "NEW" covenant. The Natives had it right, No one needs help from christians.... so please, with all due respect... FUCK OFF.

Your replies are anything but a "Rational Response". As funny as they are, they apply to the "Clear intent to not argue a position, but to merely attack a person" catagory of the house rules.
Maybe I should report you to a Moderator to have you removed, but I'm a Christian and I forgive your slander and will tolerate your anger knowing that you'll have a chance to change your attitude to one of respect. Besides, if thats how you feel about Christianity, then that's how you feel.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind wrote:

Atheistsareblind wrote:

Your replies are anything but a "Rational Response". As funny as they are, they apply to the "Clear intent to not argue a position, but to merely attack a person" catagory of the house rules.

Do yourself a favor, you stick to replying to posts, and the mods will stick to moderation. From my perspective, he argued his position. Yes he was harsh, but there was an argument there... one that you dodged.

We also have very strong problems with dishonesty and found you less than honest, but have given you plenty of string. Leave the moderation up to us, and the posting up to you.

Quote:
Maybe I should report you to a Moderator to have you removed, but I'm a Christian and I forgive your slander and will tolerate your anger knowing that you'll have a chance to change your attitude to one of respect.

By pointing it out in public you effectively reported it to a moderator, you would've written him in private were you sincerely "forgiving" him and not looking to draw a mods attention to it, and this is what I was referring to about your honesty. Lastly, there was no slander in his post... NONE.

Kevinissmart
User is offlineOffline
Response

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
YOU RESPOND:

What are you afraid of?

I'm afraid? You're the one who believes in God because you're afraid to go to hell.

Your attempt to deny that Christ loves you is futile.

Well, that's true if the people are close-minded.

Every knee will bow to Jesus Christ in acknowledgement of his divine sovereignty and you have absolutely no control over that event happening in your life or anyone elses.

That's great.... You know, it's too bad that even Jesus denied his Godliness according to accurate historical accounts. He never was as arrogant as the writers of the Bible made him seem.

I feel sympathy for you all. May
the God of this existence open your blind eyes to see that He is real, because if He doesn't, then you'll just keep deceiving yourselves and keep trying to deceive others. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Actually, that's what we're hoping for. If He really is there, why won't He just prove it? Why won't He provide even the smallest amount of evidence to prove He exists? Why does He make believing in Him so irrational? Really, I thought it was the devil that deceives, but either way, how can you be so sure that you're not the one who is deceived? A little arrogant are we? What about all of the other religions? Are their followers deceived too?

Ducky
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind

Atheistsareblind wrote:
Quote:
No, honey, no. That isn't free will. That is called magic, and if you'd like to see some I'm sure there are a few Penn & Teller clips floating around YouTube

No...here is the defintion for magic:the art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, deceptive devices, etc.; legerdemain; conjuring
2)the art of producing a desired effect or result through the use of incantation or various other techniques that presumably assure human control of supernatural agencies or the forces of nature

I said "create something from nothing", which is not the defintion of magic. If you have "free will" then use it to will something into existence like God did when he created existence. Creating something from nothing is not an illusion OR are you just an illusion?

Well well, Mr. Dictionary! While you're at it, look up the definition of 'free will,' eh? Here, I'll do it for you:

dictionary.com wrote:
1. free and independent choice; voluntary decision: You took on the responsibility of your own free will.
2. Philosophy. the doctrine that the conduct of human beings expresses personal choice and is not simply determined by physical or divine forces.

Hm, nothing in there about conjuring matter or willing things into existence. I'm surprised you didn't know that yourself, considering how diligently you seem to study the English language. "Creating something from nothing" is the basic equivalent of pulling a rabbit out of a tophat. I'll start searching for some of those clips now, okay?

Ducky
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind

Atheistsareblind wrote:
Quote:
In my opinion, the opposite is true. If the Bible made sense, it would be easier to believe.

Exactly what I meant when I said "people want the bible to make sense to them". But the bible isn't easy to believe, hence your atheisism and our discussion.

Quote:
How it is written seems more like a group of people trying to churn out the most convincing, frightening propaganda they possibly can in so short a period of time that they didn't even think to go back and check for mistakes.

The bible is 66 seperate books that were written over a span of 2000 years. How is that a "short period of time"? The bible points those who read it towards God and the Messiah (Jesus) who God said He would send to save mankind.

I'm talking about jotting down a random book here and there whenever the rules need to be altered for one's benefit. I'm sure my meaning was clear; there's no need to nitpick.

If it was all completely true, why does the Bible contradict itself so many times? The truth has no contradictions. It makes it a lot easier to believe. Your religion in particular seems to say one thing and go back on it quite often. If it was completely honest, why would it run in so many circles?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
"Atheists are blind" is

"Atheists are blind" is avoiding reality in this thread and I thought we might need a PSA:

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Your replies are

Quote:
Maybe I should report you to a Moderator to have you removed, but I'm a Christian and I forgive your slander and will tolerate your anger knowing that you'll have a chance to change your attitude to one of respect. Besides, if thats how you feel about Christianity, then that's how you feel.

An interesting reply, considering the fact that you've done such a good job of demonizing atheists in general on this thread. Honestly, you've basically accused us of conspiring to destroy "goodness". This can clearly be seen in your reply to my post:

Quote:
You and all atheists are deceived because, like Plato's allegory of the cave, you all are stuck inside the cave of deception, whereas Christians have been released from the shackles of the cave and have seen the True light.

This statement is nothing short of elitist. Elitism is the concept in wich your values are founded on. You desperately need a mirror held in front of you. You haven't provided a debate, all you've done is lecture everyone here for not practicing a set of values you yourself refuse to follow. You are not forgiving, nor are you willing to lay down your life for anyone here. For your own good; question your scripture and question your character.

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
By pointing it out in public you effectively reported it to a moderator, you would've written him in private were you sincerely "forgiving" him and not looking to draw a mods attention to it, and this is what I was referring to about your honesty. Lastly, there was no slander in his post... NONE.

I did not know I was able to contact him privately, or I would have. Also, I thought I would have to somehow contact a moderator privately in order to report him....and I wasn't about to try and figure out how to report to a moderator privately. So keep you omnicient judgements to yourself as far as me forgiving someone. I'm being as honets as possible. But I do appreciate your power trip! By the way, I didn't even read all he said because it was so obscene and lacked intelligent human language. And I don't care what he had to say.

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline
By pointing it out in public you effectively reported it to a mo

Quote:
Hm, nothing in there about conjuring matter or willing things into existence. I'm surprised you didn't know that yourself, considering how diligently you seem to study the English language. "Creating something from nothing" is the basic equivalent of pulling a rabbit out of a tophat. I'll start searching for some of those clips now, okay?

All I said was our will (our ability to choose) isn't free. We cannot choose whatever we wish, and as an extreme example, I used the ability to choose to create something from nothing. We are limited in what we can choose and therefore our will is not free...it is restricted. So, watch all the Pen and Teller clips you like! Enjoy them!

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind wrote:and I

Atheistsareblind wrote:
and I wasn't about to try and figure out how to report to a moderator privately.

So it was more about your laziness then your forgiveness.

To contact someone privately, click their name and then hit "send private message" when viewing their account.

To contact a mod: http://www.rationalresponders.com/our_team

Quote:
So keep you omnicient judgements to yourself as far as me forgiving someone.

I'm not omniscient, and you aren't being honest again.

Quote:
I'm being as honets as possible.

I actually believe you. It goes without saying that your level of honesty is far below any standard I'd uphold on myself.

Quote:
But I do appreciate your power trip!

Right back to dishonesty again. If I was on a power trip someone would've been reprimanded, instead everyone is getting a chance to hash it out on their own. Him, with his vulgar language, and you with your arrogant preachy dishonesty.

Quote:
By the way, I didn't even read all he said because it was so obscene and lacked intelligent human language.

You're getting too emotional. It may have been obscene but it certainly didn't lack intelligent human language. Furthermore if you didn't read it you aren't qualified to judge the intelligence of the post. Also if you didn't read it, you wouldn't know it was obscence. So either you're lying again (I believe you are), or you're espousing a positive assertion with no evidence to your assertion. Either way, you look rather foolish.

Quote:
And I don't care what he had to say.

Fine by me. Do you care what anyone has to say?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind wrote: All

Atheistsareblind wrote:

All I said was our will (our ability to choose) isn't free. We cannot choose whatever we wish...

So we don't have free will?

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
you've done such a good job of demonizing atheists

Wait a minute...who's demonizing who? I was just accused of being possessed by an angel.
Lets get something staight here, what is the goal of Rational Response? I was under the impression it was to tear down Christianity and everything considered Christian for whatever reasons ANY atheists chooses with their so called "free will".
So with that in mind, since my Christianity is under attack, I thought I would try and see just how "rational" you all are and attempt to defend my Christianity while trying to understand your perspective. (I'm learning a lot about athiests' world view.) But I see you all are just as hypocritical as any humans including Christians.
And who said anything about me providing a debate? Some of you just like to argue for the sake of arguing, and apparently I'm not providing a satisfactory arguement for you to feast upon. But I'm sure you'll find something to quote me on and post another reply.
The funny thing about all this is, some of you hold Christian concepts that didn't exist in the world until Jesus taught them. Christians try to follow the teachings of Jesus, so if you practice Christian concepts, then that, by definition, makes you a Christian (not nessecarily saved however), hence your hypocracy (calling yourself atheists while practicing Christian concepts).
And just to note, I do question scripture and I do reflect on my character. Thats how I learn and grow, and all your comments help me question even more. "We seek comfort form those who agree with us and growth from those who do not". I don't know about you, but I like to grow.
God is sovereign which makes Him an elitist.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind wrote:some

Atheistsareblind wrote:
some of you hold Christian concepts that didn't exist in the world until Jesus taught them.

Please provide examples.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
you with your arrogant preachy dishonesty

Alrighty, what exactly are you considering dishonest? Are you saying I'm lying because I believe and preach Christianity?

Quote:

You're getting too emotional
I guess if I'm getting too emotional, I can't get anymore honest that my emotions, huh.

As far as reading his post, let me get a little more detailed for you so that you may better understand what I meant when I said I didn't read his post. I read as far as him wanting Jesus' cock in his mouth and then noticed more unintelligent cursing and decided not to mentally digest whatever he was trying to say. Thus the reason I'm not interested in his comments.

And thanks for informing me on how to contact someone privately and moderators.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind

Atheistsareblind wrote:
Quote:
you've done such a good job of demonizing atheists

Wait a minute...who's demonizing who? I was just accused of being possessed by an angel.

By one person, and he wasn't speaking literally. Your charge is you are callously demonizing all atheists, he merely angelized you.

Quote:
Lets get something staight here, what is the goal of Rational Response?

To respond to irrational claims in a rational manner.

Quote:
I was under the impression it was to tear down Christianity and everything considered Christian for whatever reasons ANY atheists chooses with their so called "free will".

Well you were under the wrong impression, however considering that all Christians hold an irrational belief, you're likely to see the need for many rational responses to it.

Quote:
The funny thing about all this is, some of you hold Christian concepts that didn't exist in the world until Jesus taught them.

Name one. Name a single concept that didn't exist in the world until Jesus taught it, that we hold.

Furthermore if you're logic is true (it's not) than I'm sure I can find something you do in your daily life that makes you an evolutionist. For example, if you've ever taken a medicine to cure an infection that has evolved over the last 100 years (many have). I could find something that makes you a buddhist if I cared to look hard enough. If you're logic is true, which it's not, I could find something that you hold true that didn't exist until any number of people originated the thought, therefore making you a believer in them. All concepts start somewhere, if we start breaking you down we'll find you are compiled of a great many beliefs, not all of which originated from Christianity.

Quote:
Christians try to follow the teachings of Jesus, so if you practice Christian concepts, then that, by definition, makes you a Christian (not nessecarily saved however),

Thanks for the actual lol. Often I say lol, and I never real laugh out loud, this time... thank you for the actual lol.

Quote:
hence your hypocracy (calling yourself atheists while practicing Christian concepts).

You realize you are an atheist towards thousands of gods right? You're an atheist to all the gods that have ever been spoken about except for one. Call us Christians all you want, just remember you are much more atheist than any of us are Christian. (If you want to use this intellectually dishonest logic)

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Atheistsareblind wrote:
some of you hold Christian concepts that didn't exist in the world until Jesus taught them.

Please provide examples.

I was refering to Sapient's response when I asked in a post "what was wrong with the idea of loving your neighbor as yourself". I'm not sure if this is the response I'm thinking of....

Quote:
You point out one place where any RRS member has ever promoted hatred against a Christian and I'll send you $5. Not only do I not hate Christians, I care for them so much that I'll spend my entire life helping them see that they're wasting theirs on a delusion.

His response reminded me of the Christian concept of loving someone so much that one would give/sacrifice their life for the other person.
HOWEVER, Sapient made a good point in his recent response on my logic. I must agree with him.

I have a question for you Sapient. Does this following quote communicate hatred towards me as a Christian?...

Quote:
So I say to you Mr Christianity, take your cross of pain, misery, suffering, and death, and shove it up your sexually repressed anus
...............you angellically possessed piece of shit

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind

Atheistsareblind wrote:
Quote:
you with your arrogant preachy dishonesty

Alrighty, what exactly are you considering dishonest?

Your method in which you respond to posts. You dodge points, ignore answers and repeat your previous point, create your own conclusions with no evidence, and the several other little dishonest tidbits I've pointed out.

For example, telling atheists that doing something Jesus taught makes them a Christian, is dishonest.

You ask any pastor, preacher, minister, biblical expert, ancient historian or whatever if an atheist is a Christian because he does something Jesus taught and the answer will be "NO" every time. Saying otherwise makes you an irrational and ignorant fool or a liar. Which is it? I'm guessing a little bit of both, but I think it's more dishonesty that you use as a coping mechanism. You need to validate your irrational belief by finding some way to include us in it. By proclaiming that we're Christians, you feel better about yourself. If I'm right, you need help... mental help.

Quote:
Are you saying I'm lying because I believe and preach Christianity?

No.

Quote:

You're getting too emotional
I guess if I'm getting too emotional, I can't get anymore honest that my emotions, huh.

Actually it can. Our emotions can deceive us. Calm, reasonable, and rational thought is a more honest way to evaluate reality.

Quote:
As far as reading his post, let me get a little more detailed for you so that you may better understand what I meant when I said I didn't read his post. I read as far as him wanting Jesus' cock in his mouth and then noticed more unintelligent cursing and decided not to mentally digest whatever he was trying to say. Thus the reason I'm not interested in his comments.

Understood, thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
And thanks for informing me on how to contact someone privately and moderators.

You're welcome.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind wrote: I

Atheistsareblind wrote:

I have a question for you Sapient. Does this following quote communicate hatred towards me as a Christian?...
Quote:

Well I suppose that's subjective. You could ask the original poster to clarify. He may say it wasn't hate, he might say it was artistic ranting, or he may even say that in his own twisted way he was trying to shake you up (because he cares). He might just come out and say it was hate, I dont know.

By the way when I offered $5 if you found promoted hatred against a Christian from an RRS member, I was talking about the list of people here: http://www.rationalresponders.com/our_team

It can get confusing because one might say anyone on this message board is an RRS member, but then that'd make you an RRS member, wouldn't it?

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Our emotions can deceive us

Emotions are chosen in the subconscious parts of the brain, then we consciously become aware of them. Once we become aware, then we can choose to try and alter the emotion , for example by "calming down". So as far as honesty, my natural emotions are purley honest. Dishonesty would be from trying to cover up how I really feel by trying to change my emotion.

ImmaculateDeception
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Wait a minute...who's

Quote:
Wait a minute...who's demonizing who?

You're absolutley right, I was being far to general. To elaborate; you are demonizing us with baseless assumptions and you are demonizing yourself...well, by making baseless assumptions. I hope that clears it up for you.

Quote:
Lets get something staight here, what is the goal of Rational Response? I was under the impression it was to tear down Christianity and everything considered Christian for whatever reasons ANY atheists chooses with their so called "free will".

Whatever gave you the idea that this about christianity and christianity only? This is about all religion, not just yours. Also, these people do not simply use "any" reason "they so choose" in debate. These ideas come from logic and reason; they're well thought out and prescise. Perhaps you should take time to actually read them, as well as go over this site.

Quote:
I thought I would try and see just how "rational" you all are and attempt to defend my Christianity while trying to understand your perspective. (I'm learning a lot about athiests' world view.)

Well, I'm sorry to say, but you haven't done a very good job of defending your beliefs or understanding our perspective. Nevermind the fact that we are all individuals here and our perspective shifts slightly on diffrent things. But hey, that's "free will" for you, huh?

Quote:
But I see you all are just as hypocritical as any humans including Christians

I've gone over this thread and I haven't found in instance of someone here being hypocritical. Can you point that out to me?

Quote:
And who said anything about me providing a debate?

You haven't come here to debate? So you are here to demonize us?

Quote:
Some of you just like to argue for the sake of arguing, and apparently I'm not providing a satisfactory arguement for you to feast upon.

Sorry if we happen to be secure in what we believe in and what we don't. You shouldn't lash out at us simply because your resolve is paper-thin. Try countering with something substantial.

Quote:
But I'm sure you'll find something to quote me on and post another reply.

Yes I have. Thanks, by the way.

Quote:
The funny thing about all this is, some of you hold Christian concepts that didn't exist in the world until Jesus taught them. Christians try to follow the teachings of Jesus, so if you practice Christian concepts, then that, by definition, makes you a Christian (not nessecarily saved however), hence your hypocracy (calling yourself atheists while practicing Christian concepts).

What concepts are these? Can you prove they did not exist before Jesus' birth? If we already embrace these concepts, then how are we not saved? You truly believe this? Prove it, then.

Quote:
And just to note, I do question scripture and I do reflect on my character. Thats how I learn and grow, and all your comments help me question even more. "We seek comfort form those who agree with us and growth from those who do not". I don't know about you, but I like to grow.

I believe that you do want to grow. I also believe that's why you came here. If you agree that questioning is a part of growth, then you'd have to admit that religion discourages growth. You are commanded to not question god. You are commanded to simply except his existance and apparent perfection. It seems to me you're stuck in the middle. How can you question your faith when doing so is a hell worthy?

Quote:

I don't need to tell you this, but I don't believe in god. I was talking about your elitism. Are you implying your sovereign?

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Well I suppose that's subjective. You could ask the original poster to clarify.

So if hatred is subjective, then how is my forgiveness not subjective? Because if you'd ask me, I forgave him. However you don't believe me because you twist the words I write.

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Quote:

I don't need to tell you this, but I don't believe in god. I was talking about your elitism. Are you implying your sovereign?

A perfect example of manipulating and twisting my words.

By the way, if I don't respond to your questions, accusations, or even your irrational logic it's because I deem it pointless.

Asmoday
Asmoday's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind wrote:

Atheistsareblind wrote:

Quote:

From my perspective...
Shit (feces) is a bi-product. I referred to you as being a piece of shit. So what you are is only a small piece of something that is a lot bigger then yourself, otherwise known as a christian.

Calling you a piece of shit was not me communicating hatred, because I do not hate you. It is what it is, your perception is your reality, furthermore, I refuse to become subject to your perceptions.

So believe me when I tell you, I do not hate you. I just see you for what you are, and that is a piece of shit, angelically possessed at that.

If you see this as insighting hatred maybe i should stop?
Personally I know shit can be used as a fertilizer, so shit isn;t completely insignifigent when it is not being flushed down the toilet. There are many productive uses for pieces of shit.

I do not hate you. I disagree with you, and have opposing perceptions as you. This does not mean that I HATE you, nor want others to HATE christians.

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens."

-Carl G. Jung

ImmaculateDeception
User is offlineOffline
Quote: A perfect example of

Quote:

You misunderstood me. You thought I was talking about god when I was actually talking about you. Nevermind that you have neither denied or defended your apparent elitism.

Quote:
By the way, if I don't respond to your questions, accusations, or even your irrational logic it's because I deem it pointless

A perfect example of your elitist attitude. If you ignore what we have to say to you, then we will assume you are not intellectually equiped to defend yourself.

Asmoday
Asmoday's picture
User is offlineOffline
now that i think about it, I

now that i think about it, I gotta become subject to your perceptions or else I wouldn't be communicating to you.....

*sigh....
ATHEISTSAREBLIND

I just do not feel like tip toeing around christians simply because they are christians. I put on steel toed boots, and purposely kick out teeth, because I guess thats what makes me feel good. If you do not appriciate the way I have responded to your initial statements, oh well. I responded telling you exactly how I felt. and clearly you did not appriciate the analogy I shared......

praying to jesus, is like sucking cock. This belief in Jesus being the Messiah is like pornography:3 : the depiction of acts in a sensational manner so as to arouse a quick intense emotional reaction . This is what christianity does, telling children they will burn in hell, IF. Telling children or those of like mind they will be in pure bliss when they are in heaven, which means, what you are now is no longer, when you are in heaven, what you are now is 6 feet under rotting. IN ORDER TO BE IN HEAVEN, YOU MUST DIE FIRST.. and you will only get into heaven, IF......

Christianity is pornography for the mind, and the analogy I shared with you, coincides exactly with what christianity is. A Jesus Christ cock sucking fest, and Jesus' cock ends up in childrens mouths the exact same way a child molesters cock ends up in childrens mouths. With a little bit of manipulation and a little bit of re-assurance.

the only thing is, porn stars are sexually free, they earn a living. Christians are sexually repressed, and they bring the entire society down with them. so again, I say unto you Mr. Christianity. for the sake of humanity, take your cross of pain, misery, suffering and death.... and shove it so far up your asshole it will never be seen again.

We will all thank you for it... and if not, I will, and I'm sure a few others will too.......

By the Way...

I am not a child molester(LOL), I have just watched Oprah a few times..... and I believe RAPE and child molestation are not exactly the same thing, so I am under the assumption thats how child molestation works, some manipulation and re-assurance.

Sticking out tongue

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens."

-Carl G. Jung

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
AAB, can you name

AAB, can you name ****ONE**** positive thing from the Old or New Testament that was new to it? Keep in mind we probably know a whole lot more about earlier religions and philosophies that said the same thing (and we may know more about the Bible than you do.)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
AAB, Here's how I see it. If

AAB,

Here's how I see it.

If you want to live by the rules that Paul of Tarsus laid out for you, fine.

Just don't come here and pull the false sympathy and appeals to fear on us because we choose to return to the way we were made (by your God, if all of your holy book is to be taken seriously).

We are all athiests when we were born. Or did you leap from your mother's womb singing and praising the God you had no knowledge of at that time?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Quote:

You misunderstood me. You thought I was talking about god when I was actually talking about you. Nevermind that you have neither denied or defended your apparent elitism

Actually, It was you that took my words out of context and applied and twisted my words to your philosophy. Such a silly game you play. I notice how my words twisted by someone here and then I rewrite to better explain myself because I think I didn't clearly communicate and then I get accused of not defending what I said. What a lame mind game. I've been trying to ignore that game which is why I don't necessarily think I ought to reply to every comment or question, hence deeming something pointless (your mind games).
I didn't need to defend or deny my elitism. I said God is sovereign which makes Him an elitist, and it naturally follows that since I follow God, then that means I follow and elitist and elitist Ideas. Just because I follow an Elitist who is Sovereign doesn't make me soverign.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Another part that shows

Another part that shows Jesus endorsed the entire OT Bible:

Matthew 5:18-19

Atheistsareblind
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
We are all athiests when we were born. Or did you leap from your mother's womb singing and praising the God you had no knowledge of at that time?

Amen! I was born an atheist but was born-again spiritually about 8 years ago. So now I am praising God.

Quote:
Just don't come here and pull the false sympathy and appeals to fear on us because we choose to return to the way we were made (by your God, if all of your holy book is to be taken seriously).

I'm not pulling false sympathy because I have no sympathy. I have no sympathy because it is not up to me to change your minds or open your eyes. It is up to God. So since it is up to God, what good can my having sympathy do for you? As for appeals to fear, I had said "it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" in which I was quoting Hebrews. I wasn't saying it to try and scare anyone into being a Christian because it is the goodness of God that leads one to repentance (not logic or fear). Atheists are blind in noticing that the good things they have in life are from God and not of themselves. So for the last time, I'm not here to try and convert anyone. I'm here because athiests have attacked my Christianity, and I'm still trying to figure out why they have attacked. I guess somehow athiests think that Christianity is harming them somehow? I disagree. I see that the nature we all are born with that makes us not believe in God or makes us come out of the womb not praising God is the cause of the harm. So we both think in cause/effect relationships, but we just can't agree on the cause. But the bible says that God's ways are higher than our ways, so what makes you think that you can logically and rationally find God through our lower human ways of understanding?
1Cor 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1Cor 1:19 For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE."
1Cor 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
1Cor 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not {come to} know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1Cor 1:22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;
1Cor 1:23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,
1Cor 1:24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
1Cor 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Cor 1:26 For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble;
1Cor 1:27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,
1Cor 1:28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are,
1Cor 1:29 so that no man may boast before God.
1Cor 1:30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,
1Cor 1:31 so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD."

And I pride myself in the wisdom of God that confounds (contradicts) your earthly wisdom.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
You pride yourself in your

You pride yourself in your irrationality. Enough said. finger

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind

Atheistsareblind wrote:
Quote:

Amen! I was born an atheist but was born-again spiritually about 8 years ago. So now I am praising God.

So you weren't happy with the way God made you and indoctrinated yourself into the writings of Paul for "self improvement"? And you say you praise the God whose original work you thought you had to fix?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Asmoday
Asmoday's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lucifer is a Latin word, why

Lucifer is a Latin word, why is it in the bible? Hebrew words should be in the bible.

Lucifer is the morning star, thats what Lucifer means....

2Pet 1:19 (NIV) And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Rev 2:28 (NIV) I will also give him the morning star.

Rev 22:16 (NIV) "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Isa 14:12-15 (NIV) How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit.

And he has also said something that falls directly in line with many occult schools of thought.

Luke17. 20:Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation,
21:nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

otherwise known as the divinity is within you. hence the reasoning behind, Know Thyself

There are many things in the bible and I do not think any one of them say nor teach about the value of gaining knowledge of thyself.
You are told to love your neighbor as you love yourself, but you arent told any ways in which you can gain knowledge of thyself. How can one best love theirself if they barely even have any knowledge of thyself? How can you love something outside of yourslef if you dont even love yourself? The bible over looks some very important issues in life, and I dont think this was a mistake either.

Jesus is the morning star, the morning star is another name for the word Lucifer, so tell me Mr. Christian. Why do you call yourself a Christian, and not a Luciferian?

Jesus said "I am the morning star", and also "I am Christ"?

Im confused......I guess you are called a christian because jesus is quoted as saying that he is christ more times then saying " I am the morning star"?

-Carl G. Jung

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind

Atheistsareblind wrote:
Quote:
Atheistsareblind wrote:

Please provide examples.

I was refering to Sapient's response when I asked in a post "what was wrong with the idea of loving your neighbor as yourself".

In other words, you can't come up with an example....

Because there aren't any.... there's no moral, humanistic concept original to the bible, or to religion itself. Religion steals its moral concepts from secular sources, because that's where they originate - in human empathy.

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
todangst

todangst wrote:
Atheistsareblind wrote:
Quote:
Atheistsareblind wrote:

Please provide examples.

I was refering to Sapient's response when I asked in a post "what was wrong with the idea of loving your neighbor as yourself".

In other words, you can't come up with an example....

Because there aren't any.... there's no moral, humanistic concept original to the bible, or to religion itself. Religion steals its moral concepts from secular sources, because that's where they originate - in human empathy.

In his defense he conceded that point. He did it in a sneaky way and didn't directly address my point, but he did concede the point in his own dishonest style. It is hard for some people to admit their wrong, I give him props for doing it, no matter how it comes.

He said:

Quote:

HOWEVER, Sapient made a good point in his recent response on my logic. I must agree with him.

This is the point he's referring to, however he didn't directly respond to it, he responded elsewhere to Susan instead, so it's hard to spot.

Sapient wrote:

Furthermore if you're logic is true (it's not) than I'm sure I can find something you do in your daily life that makes you an evolutionist. For example, if you've ever taken a medicine to cure an infection that has evolved over the last 100 years (many have). I could find something that makes you a buddhist if I cared to look hard enough. If you're logic is true, which it's not, I could find something that you hold true that didn't exist until any number of people originated the thought, therefore making you a believer in them. All concepts start somewhere, if we start breaking you down we'll find you are compiled of a great many beliefs, not all of which originated from Christianity.

ImmaculateDeception
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Actually, It was you

Quote:
Actually, It was you that took my words out of context and applied and twisted my words to your philosophy. Such a silly game you play. I notice how my words twisted by someone here and then I rewrite to better explain myself because I think I didn't clearly communicate and then I get accused of not defending what I said. What a lame mind game.

I hate to break it to you, but there hasn't been any reason for me to twist your words with the purpose of making you look bad. You're doing a good enough job doing it yourself. Look; let me clarify once and for all. I was asking you if you were elitist. When I asked you if you thought you were sovereign, I wasn't twisting your words. I was mocking you. You've come here with the idea that you're better than all of us because you are "saved". I was reminding you that you are not. Sorry you didn't get it.

Quote:
communicate and then I get accused of not defending what I said. What a lame mind game. I've been trying to ignore that game which is why I don't necessarily think I ought to reply to every comment or question, hence deeming something pointless (your mind games).

Even though you took the liberty of stating this repeatedly throughout this post, I am not trying to play mind games with you. I see fallacies in what you have to say, so I point them out to you. Don't like it? Defend them. It would certainly work better than having you inceassently bitch about not playing by your rules.

Quote:
I didn't need to defend or deny my elitism. I said God is sovereign which makes Him an elitist, and it naturally follows that since I follow God, then that means I follow and elitist and elitist Ideas. Just because I follow an Elitist who is Sovereign doesn't make me soverign.

Now, the reason why I've harping on about your elitism is because it destroys your entire case. You've indulged us with alot of sugary anecdotes about loving thy neighbor, being saved, being forgiving and growing as a person. If you're an elitist, how are these things possible? Can you love thy neighbor if he does not belong to you elite sect? Can you truly forgive someone if you perceive them as inferior and therefore prone to error? Can any of us be saved, if we are not superior, like you? Do you have the capacity to question yourself with the intent to grow if you already perceive yourself as superior? To me, religion degrades compassion and as far as I am concerned, you've proven me right.

Oh, and berfore you go on about me twisting your words (because I know you will) here is the definition of elitism:

Elitism;

The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

Remember; you just let us all know that you are elitist. Therefore, the above definition applies to you. No one is twisting your words.

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Response to Atheistsareblind

Quote:

What are you afraid of?

A lot of things. But nothing that is related to a deity. You seem to be making the argument that because we "sin", we fear accepting your god, for then he will see our transgressions. Forgive me if you're not making that specific point.
I cannot fear something that I don't believe in. I don't fear any gods or spirits, or even the number 13 and black cats.

Quote:
Your attempt to deny that Christ loves you is futile. Every knee will bow to Jesus Christ in acknowledgement of his divine sovereignty and you have absolutely no control over that event happening in your life or anyone elses.

I know you believe in christ, and that he loves us. Many people don't. They actually don't believe in it. They're not "afraid", or "lying", or possessed by satan. Atheists don't believe in god. I am willing to aknowledge that you actually believe in god. That you aren't just saying that you do to feel better than other people, or out of fear of a possible afterlife a la Pascal's Wager. That you believe in jesus, as your personal lord and saviour, and that he would love us too if we "let him". I know you believe in god and jesus. Why is it so hard for you to aknowledge that we don't believe in your gods?

Quote:
I feel sympathy for you all.

Well, thanks. But I'm pretty happy the way I am. You should spend your sympathy on some sick kids or something. Laughing out loud

Quote:
May the God of this existence open your blind eyes to see that He is real, because if He doesn't, then you'll just keep deceiving yourselves and keep trying to deceive others. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Maybe instead of opening our "blind eyes" he should get off his lazy god-butt and do something that would actually prove that he exists. If no gods step up to the plate and do that, then I assume that no gods exist. From my point of view, theists are the ones decieving people with unrealistic unprovable fables that they promote as 100% truth. And in my eyes, you are the one decieving yourself. You seem to throw facts and logic to the wind in the vain attempt to keep holding on to the idea that your religion is real and there is a jesus who loves the world.

And I don't quite get your sentence, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God".
What does that mean and where did it come from? At the beginning you said that jesus loved us, and that we can't deny it. But then you say that it is fearful to fall into the gods' hands. Which is it? I'm not twisting your words, I really want to know why it is a fearful thing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

~Kat

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let me try to take this back

Let me try to take this back to the subjects of discussion...

AAB wrote:
I'm saying because those people want the bible to make pefect sense to them, and we all know that the bible doesn't make perfect sense to us, that it proves man did not write the bible. If man had written the bible, then everthing would be edited perfectly and without seeming contradictions.

This is extremely poor logic on your part.

1) People want the Bible to make perfect sense
2) the Bible does not make sense
3) Therefore, man didn't write the Bible

What people? Us? Yes, I think many peple today would like the Bible to make sense. What I think you are missing is the context from which the Bible came. The people writing the books were not trying to have their document match up with the other documents because they didn't know they would all be gathered together into a single book a couple of hundred years later. That is, the meticulous editing would not have been possible. Had those officials done so in the 4th century, it would have been obvious taht they had done so and nobody would have accepted the changes.

The editors had simply to choose which books to include, and not to out-right edit them to make the whole Bible internally consistent.

You would have to demonstrate that the authors of the Bible were conscious of a concept like "Bible" rather than simply writing a solitary document to tell a story.

The only conclusion you could get from above is
3) Therefore, people don't get what they want.

Sorry, your book does not make sense, you don't get what you want. In response, you add on your unsupported conclusion that God must have written it and made if a jumble of obfuscation. This conclusion does not follow from the premises you have made.

What is more likely; 1) The Bible does not make sense because it is a collection of diverse and loosely related religious texts by people with different cultures, motives, and languages and subsequently discussed and gathered together into the Bible in the 4th century?

or..

2) God inspired many people to write pieces of a book (to be put together later by other men, who might have been inspired to pick the correct ones from the multitude of similar books) that would confuse us.

The fact that you choose 2 over 1 is an example of special pleading; of choosing one answer over the other without good reason. You are biased, based on your desired conclusion, to pick God over man because you refuse to accept that people are capable of creating wonderful things as well as not-so-wonderful things.

---

As for your treatment of free will, I just say this.

So long as the choice--between admittedly limited options--I make is not constrained, and that i have options to consider, my will is free. Nothing about free will implies that it is absolutely free, only that it is able to decide between some options.

Hard determinism, which argues that material and causal factors have determined what actions will occur, is one thing. But to say that we don't have free will because we cannot create ex nihilo is to either be intellectually dishonest, ignorant (of what "free will" means), or simply stupid.

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

YOU RESPOND:

What are you afraid of? Your attempt to deny that Christ loves you is futile. Every knee will bow to Jesus Christ in acknowledgement of his divine sovereignty and you have absolutely no control over that event happening in your life or anyone elses. I feel sympathy for you all. May

We are about as afraid of "God" as we are that monkey's might fly out of our butts.

You sell magic and hocus pokus. You are no different than Muslims or Jews or Wiccans. Magic doesnt exist, sorry you are so indoctrinated that you cant see that. I should have sympathy for you because you are still stuck in "Santa for adults".

I am wrong? He does exist? Ok, we can play that game.

Tell your boss to stop being a whimp by hiding behind you.

He cant talk for himself?

Reality check, HE CANT TALK BECAUSE HE IS A WORK OF FICTION. God/Allah/Yahwey/Zues and Superman are all works of fiction.

Baaaaaah.......Baaaah.......Baaaaah.......How about ingauging in debate insted of acting like a brainless cheerleading sheep.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Eric Ferguson
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind wrote: We

Atheistsareblind wrote:
We aren't commanded to kill anyone, ...

Oh please. From Leviticus...Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

Or in Deuteronomy...And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die:..

Throughout the bible are orders for "good" people to dispose of those that are not.

Atheistsareblind wrote:
I'd like to see you create something from nothing. If you can, then you've just proven that we have free will.

Talk about irrational thought... Free will has nothing to do with creating something from nothing. It has only to do with decision. Was it not (in the bible) the lack of free will that prompted the creation of Satan? The angels do not have free will, God specifically awarded it to humans.

Furthermore people DO have the ability to create. While we cannot create matter where there is none(neither can God, all of the matter in the universe is accounted for) we can create things such as music or sculpture. That is the ultimate example of free will.

Atheistsareblind wrote:

I love statements like this. If you can replace certain words, specifically trading ones between those making the statement with those it is directed to, it proves the statement carries no weight. When such changes make no sense you may have truth.

What are you afraid of? Your attempt to deny that NO Christ loves you is futile. Every knee will bow to themselves in acknowledgement of their own sovereignty and you have complete control over that event happening in your life but not anyone elses. I feel sympathy for you all. May the delusion of God's existence open your blind eyes to see that He is not real, because He isn't, until then you'll just keep deceiving yourselves and keep trying to deceive others. It is a fearful thing to fall out of the hands of an anthropological God.

A truly loving God would ask for worship, not demand it. I like my version better.

Consider this account closed. It's disgraceful this site has no function to delete an account. I cannot be part of an organization that seeks only to replace the religion of the god of the bible with the religion of "poor me" bleeding heart liberalism. Rational my ass! Not believing in a god is one thing. A rational view of the rest of the world is something else, which isn't found here.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistsareblind

Atheistsareblind wrote:
Quote:
I don't think RRS is promoting hatred for people at all. I know I dislike ideas Christians may have, but no more then any belief I see as irrational. Well the ideas that would promote hatred against me I'd hate out right.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding RRS, but for me to give up my Christianity would be to commit apostacy and therefore enter eternal punishment. Besides, I wouldn't be here today writing this if it wasn't for what God did for me...I would have commited suicide. What I experienced cannot be taken from me, nor can I lie to myself and say that it didn't happen.
What I'd like to know is 1)what Christian ideas do you hate? and 2) what Christian ideas promote hatred against you?

So what you are telling us is that a magicall puppiteer in the sky prevented you from killing yourself? Humn, I've thought about it too. I am sure people of all religions and other atheists as well have. But why do you feel the need to incert magic into it.

I've excapet those thoughts as well. I've been depressed as well, but I came out of it without defaulting to a super hero. My stringth in dealing with it came from me, not fiction.

Glad you are still around, but I do think you are confusing normal human emotions which create very intense chemicals in the brain to magic existing. And I think it devalues you as well. Are you not good enough to do things on your own? I think you are. That is what being an adult is about.

Nothing wrong with needing help in a time of stress or depression. But, if I told you that Buddism or Scientology prevented me from killing myself which would be more resonable to believe:

1. Buddah or a green man spoke to me and told me not to do it?

2. Or, I did it on my own?

What you actually did was a self induced distraction. You replaced one adiction for another. Your dipression was replaced with the adiction to the disire to replicate the the chemicals you felt when you mistook them for "intervention".

When I feel depressed I dont do that when I come out of it. I simply see life as constantly changing and the feelings I have when I come out of that are due to changing invironment and changing brain activity. No magic to explain the obvious.

Glad you didnt do it btw. You are here because of you, not because of Zues or Allah or Yahwey. I think you should value yourself enough to give yourself credit for having done such.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

kmisho
kmisho's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:We are in a NEW

Quote:
We are in a NEW covanant, so the verses in Deuteronomy don't apply today.

If god is perfect and all knowing, why did he not start with the new covenant and skip the old one? Did god change his mind? Was he lying?

Will he change his mind again later? Is the new covenant just another lie?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
kmisho wrote:Quote:We are in

kmisho wrote:
Quote:
We are in a NEW covanant, so the verses in Deuteronomy don't apply today.

If god is perfect and all knowing, why did he not start with the new covenant and skip the old one? Did god change his mind? Was he lying?

Will he change his mind again later? Is the new covenant just another lie?

Look at the fraternity plege requirments of God.

!. Prove your love to me, Abraham, cut off the tip of your penis?

I have a problem on a couple of aspects of this.

(Why in the middle of the game? It would stand to reason that if god wanted us to cut our forskins off then he would have asked Adam first)

(Two. If it was such an unessary part of anatomy then why do we have it in the first pace only to dilibratly ask us to cause pain to our genitals so we can suck up to him)

I dont know about anyone else, but if I was pledging a frat and someone asked me to cut of my nuts, or arm or pluck out my eye I'd call the police on their ass! Maybe they wouldnt be arrested but they sure wouldnt have a frat on campus and most likely would be put in a rubber room.