Borderline moron, full of assumptions and bad logic...

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
Borderline moron, full of assumptions and bad logic...

YOU RESPOND (let him know):

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Æmþ€rÖr ؃ Mµ
Date: Sep 10, 2006 6:22 PM

Hah just shooting yourself in the foot here
what a waste of time
you are such an inspiration for the ways I will never ever choose to be
for I guess you do not realize your own hypocrisy
the only way your ideology can exist in the first place is that there has to be a god for you not to believe in
I think you have been warped just as much as anyone
I think you are just as ignorant and narrow minded as any dogmatic perception
wtf lol pull you head out of your ass man
does it really make you feel better to put people down like that ?
why are you focusing on such nonsense
does it matter if he existed or not
who cares
why are you wasting your mind on such bull
let this idea go
get off of this gods that you claim not to believe in nuts already you fucking child

you totally miss the whole point of freeing yourself
you are still a slave to the idea
an educated fool
there is nothing worse


I dont believe in religion but I am not so arrogant as to claim there is not god with out proof
I dont thinks its a man or a supreme being
I think god is the universe the everything and source of everything and you cannot deny the universe exists
and since we a made of the same elements that make up everything els are we not the universe trying to understand itself?
there has never been an identifiable source for all this energy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

rational? you just want to be controversial
what good do you think you are doing?

And its not jesus its yaheshua dumbass

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
This sounds like the raving

This sounds like the raving of a psychotic! It doesn't even make sense! Laughing out loud


MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I thought the rant needed a

I thought the rant needed a back up band. The song title -Atheist's are Dumb. Hmmm...band title...?


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead wrote:I

MarthaSplatterhead wrote:
I thought the rant needed a back up band. The song title -Atheist's are Dumb. Hmmm...band title...?

Band Title: Random Assumptions

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:
MarthaSplatterhead wrote:
I thought the rant needed a back up band. The song title -Atheist's are Dumb. Hmmm...band title...?

Band Title: Random Assumptions

I likey Smiling


Faithless1981
Posts: 30
Joined: 2006-10-25
User is offlineOffline
In response

Best selling single in the making right there ladies and gentlemen! Anyway, There are two thinking fallacies I can see. One, you are assuming what you want to prove by saying we can only think our thoughts if god created us to think. It's a paradox, and doesn't hold up to rational thinking. And if you say god is the universe, then you have changed the definition of god. Do you not realize that we don't believe in an Intelligent Designer (to use the creationalist's term) or some other paranormal or supernatural being. If you just up and decide to change the term god to fit your beliefs that it's the universe, then what are you so huffy about? And the whole yaheshua is not even worth commenting about. Calm down a bit and realize that god is just a word, and what is means to you is different than what the other 90% of Americans think it is, and the others outside of the US think it is.


Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
Posts: 690
Joined: 2006-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Quote:the only way your

Quote:
the only way your ideology can exist in the first place is that there has to be a god for you not to believe in

Strawman fallicy. We don't deny the existance of God, We say there is no proof that one exists. The claimant has the responsibility to prove his argument. So far, I haven't seen any evidence for one.

Quote:
does it matter if he existed or not
who cares

Then you think it's OK for people to believe in fairy tales and write laws that regulate your actions, spend your tax dollars on bullshit based initatives or fly planes into buildings as result of such beliefs. Yeah, who cares.

Quote:
I dont believe in religion but I am not so arrogant as to claim there is not god with out proof

Another strawman argument, We don't argue that there is no god, just no proof of one. Why wouldn't a god have proof available so that one that sought verifiable evidence could find it? Why would he want us to accecpt unverifable stories from dubious sources?

Quote:
think god is the universe the everything and source of everything and you cannot deny the universe exists

Then why call it god?

Quote:
And its not jesus its yaheshua dumbass

If it's the universe, as you just stated, then why do you care what someone calls it? A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
I have sent him an email

I have sent him an email indicating him to come here.


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
From: Æmþ€rÖr ؃ Mµ

From: Æmþ€rÖr ؃ Mµ
Date: Oct 26, 2006 3:30 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks left of larry for wasting your time
i hope it makes all of you idiots feel better
ignorance goes both ways larry
you have no idea
people who blindly follow anything
are ignorant

now i will apologize in how i said it
i could have gone about it in a much better way
but you people are so arrogant that is disguests me
you think you have open minds
but i see you as the same ignorant people as the ones you try to destroy

waasting everyones time

you beleive what you want to beleive t
let people beleive what they want too
you nazis

and you can twist my words, interpret them in a way that always makes you right
cause thats all you arrogant pricks can do

you will all always be a bunch of fools to me
and thanks for the laugh

peace

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: LeftofLarry (ANTI-THEOCON)
Date: Oct 26, 2006 11:55 AM

Please visit: for a discussion regarding your email to the Rational Response Squad.
Thanks
Left of Larry

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
and my response to him: oh

and my response to him:

oh yeah and I forgot to mention.... remember.... no one forced YOU to send that email, or even visit the page...but...you were just so compelled to write a long winded, pointless, vitriolic email that you obviously cannot even defend, when asked to discuss... you, my friend are the hypocritical blind fool.

Where is the arrogance again?..wait...wait..look in a mirror, my young hypocritical, arrogant, friend. I just invited you to join in and defend yourself...and you respond with more insults and baseless, pointless accusations.

It's ironic you call us nazis when in fact it was apathetic fools like yourself that allowed Hitler to rise in power. Remember my friend...when you look in the mirror, look at your forhead very carefully, because apathy is written all over it.

but then again, perhaps I shouldn't be so forthcoming, you are after all only 18. One day you may realize that apathy will be the death of freedom in this country.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
After all I see that is

After all I see that is posted by Christians, I wonder how come I never seen that 11th commandment? - "Thou shalt not use punctuation, nor shalt thou use proper spelling or capitalization." Laughing out loud

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Oh goodie, more ignorance to

Oh goodie, more ignorance to respond to...

dumb guy wrote:
From: Æmþ€rÖr ؃ Mµ
Date: Oct 26, 2006 3:30 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks left of larry for wasting your time

I sense your laughing is a coping mechanism to help you deal with your pwnage. Actually it wasn't a waste of time, he utilized his time to make you aware of the thread. It was a perfectly good usage of his time.

Quote:
i hope it makes all of you idiots feel better

Ah yes, we're all idiots, this is an easy way to win a debate, stick your fingers in your ears, refuse to show up on the battlefield, and call everyone without discretion an idiot, even people who test as genius on an IQ test.

Quote:
ignorance goes both ways larry

But in this case you carry enough ignorance plus overflow for all parties involved. Not everyone is ignorance, for if they were there would only be ignorant people in the world.

Quote:
you have no idea
people who blindly follow anything
are ignorant

Holy shit, don't make me agree with you. You jerk.

Quote:
now i will apologize in how i said it
i could have gone about it in a much better way
but you people are so arrogant that is disguests me

Fuck you. Don't apologize for an action that you are still committing as if you mean it. You're still acting like a twat in this post as you apologize for acting like a twat, sorry not buying it.

Quote:
you think you have open minds

I don't think I have an open mind, I am sure of it.

Quote:
but i see you as the same ignorant people as the ones you try to destroy

Yeah, then you're almost an idiot. Funny this coming from a guy who chooses to redefine God as the Universe. Of course we already have a word for the Universe, it's Universe. God redefined as pasta sauce here.

Quote:
waasting everyones time

Isn't this the epitome of ignorance. I tell ya for a non-Christian you have certainly mastered the art of projection. Here are some thoughts from a whole slew of people that are greatful for the time we've spent.

Quote:
you beleive what you want to beleive t
let people beleive what they want too
you nazis

Whoa there douchecanoe. Nazis? Care to do any effort to prove that or are you just full of anger and rage as we make your philosophical positions look irrational?

Quote:
and you can twist my words, interpret them in a way that always makes you right

Well it would certainly be much easier if you weren't such a pansy and actually had a dialogue with us here on the site. In the mean time we'll continue to be right, as we generally only assert positions of positivity when we are right.

Quote:
cause thats all you arrogant pricks can do

Check this out... 2+2=4!

OYG!! Guess you're wrong, cause I just showed I can do basic math as well. And my hold of sentence structure, and the English language blows yours away as well, you fucktard.

Quote:
you will all always be a bunch of fools to me

I wouldn't be so close minded to assert you will absolutely ALWAYS be the same, however you certainly look rather stupid right now.

Quote:
and thanks for the laugh

Likewise.

Quote:
peace

No, not this time.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Hey, I learned a new word

Hey, I learned a new word here! Douchecanoe! :ROTF:


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
From: Æmþ€rÖr ؃ Mµ

From: Æmþ€rÖr ؃ Mµ
Date: Oct 26 2006 8:04 PM

hahah maybe so maybe so
but really lets stop
we are not going to see eye to eye
i dont like your ideology
you dont like mine
you think i am for religion
i think you are no better than religion
so im sorry i offended you really
the whole encounter has tought me a lot
calling each other names is going to have us go in circles and yes i was being hypocritical but so were you
you see after i wrote that email i though long and hard on it
and i came to the conclusion that i was wrong
not for what i said but for how i said it
but the only mistakes we make are the ones we do not learn from
so lets just try and understand one another and grow

im not going to defend myself
there is no need
you can all beleive what you want
say what you want
it makes no difference to me
that's my lesson
that's what i learnd from this
all i can do is say im sorry
and i hope you one day may understand
what the number 0 means

apathy? people like me let hitler rise to power?
i think you have it backwards but haha whatever

oh and i was sent a request by that page
then when i said something that they did not agree with they deleted me
if they wanted to discuss and defend themselvs
why did it have to wait till now
after you set up a page for what i said
so people who you know would completely disagree with me could make me sound like a fool
and if i were to do that
with people who agreed with me
then you would be the fool

i can defend very well
but you would still call me a blind fool
it would make no sence to you

so peace my friend
that's all ,peace

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I seriously have never seen

I seriously have never seen anyone argue in poem style before.

Æmþ€rÖr ؃ Mµ wrote:
i came to the conclusion that i was wrong
not for what i said but for how i said it

No, it was for what you said. The way you said was probably the only truthful thing you said. You come off hastily judging and defensive. Slow down and think for a moment.

Æmþ€rÖr ؃ Mµ wrote:
and i hope you one day may understand
what the number 0 means

Please, I beg you, what does this 0, you speak of, mean?


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

MarthaSplatterhead wrote:

Æmþ€rÖr ؃ Mµ wrote:
and i hope you one day may understand
what the number 0 means

Please, I beg you, what does this 0, you speak of, mean?

Yeah, I heard about this 0, I see it on my keyboard, but I tend to refrain from using it, as I can't figure out what it means. I'm stumped.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Angelic_Atheist
Silver Member
Angelic_Atheist's picture
Posts: 264
Joined: 2006-04-06
User is offlineOffline
Ya know, I stopped reading

Ya know, I stopped reading with this guys response to Larry.

There was a thread a day or two ago that linked to a theistic video disproving atheism....
The average person, having not heard the other side of the "argument" could easily take that as truth. Most of us don't know about the dozen or so fallacies. Most don't check facts/sources. All that matters is that this indoctrination and false evidences (which amounts to nothing more than attacks on opposing views/evidences) are taken as true because it was recommended by people they trust.

That's it. Look around. You will find all kinds of very compelling videos, books, rants...etc...that try to tear apart established facts. We see through them, but they don't know better.

Now, I know the definition of brainwashing, but I still want to use the term to describe theistic teaching.....
Damn

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
This guy, among others, uses

This guy, among others, uses what I call the "Confuse and Conquer" strategy.

It's definitely not just a Christian tactic. Politicians, salesmen, lawyers -- they all use it, too. Anybody who wants to sell you something, and knows you probably won't buy based on the merits of the thing, has this to fall back on.

The idea is to use big words, preferably with vague or antiquated meanings, and string them together in long paragraphs. Alternatively, you can use the approach where you answer with a short, obscure, and equally vague answer in the hopes that your opponent will be so confused that he blunders.

The man with symbols in his name did this...

Quote:
and i hope you one day may understand
what the number 0 means

Wow.... like... totally... profound, dude.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
The number 0 , well here are

The number 0 , well here are some examples:

1.The number of gods that exist.
2. The number of arguments that are actually rational that I have seen so far in favor of Christianity

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
Posts: 690
Joined: 2006-04-12
User is offlineOffline
That's good Mattschitzzle. I

That's good Mattschitzzle. I thought it was his I.Q.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
That could be # 3!

That could be # 3!


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
wanna know what he means by

wanna know what he means by 0?
here is our last back and forth.

From: Æmþ€rÖr ؃ Mµ
Date: Oct 27 2006 7:54 PM

listen i understand and completely agree i was more emotional than rational in my respones
and i do sincerly apologize for it
yes i am going to decline the invatation because i really dont care too defend myself
i shot myself in the foot i understand that
but really i just dont care enough

i will however tell you and if you want to post this too be my guest

let me decribe to you what set me off in the first place
i read bulletins from your group page which i had nothing against untill i read things like we will give any christain or other 200 or whatever dollars if they can prove that jesus existed now instead of writing a flusterd email i should have just wrote i will give you 200 dollars if you can prove he didnt

you see i found your gruop very bias
and kinda just a bunch of children
that want to go pushing people around

you need to stop blaming the idea
the ideas are pure
but its the asshole he tries to gain money/power with it
that fucks it up for every one els
it's the people that abuse the idea
not the idea
that who you should be fighting

why would you even consider the topic ?
i mean really what is the point?
are you just trying to sound like you know everything?
i dont think you even know anything about religion at all other than your assumptions (you are the mirror)
and if you knew anything about it ( cause most ancient religions are founded on scientific facts
such as mathmatics) then you would undestand the concept of god can be interprited through science

dont be so bias
and try to imagin god with a religious bias

that what i ment by you are still a slave to the same idea

think of god with out a religious bias

i'll give you an example

-5-4-3-2-1 0 1 2 3 4 5

0 represents god
the source for the other numbers going off into infinity
balancing out with posotive and negative

that right there is the most basic and simple way to understand the universe

as you would know the conept of mathmatics is the take something complicated and simplifying it
try puting things together instead of taking them apart
and then you might be taken seriously

to say there is not a god because you dont like religion
is ignorant

for there must be something
some source of creation
because
the fact is 0 exists ( wich is also a paradox but i wont get into that)

again im sorry for how i said what i said
and i hold no grudges against you or RRS

peace my friend

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: LeftofLarry (ANTI-THEOCON)
Date: Oct 27 2006 7:22 AM

The rational response squad gets plenty of hate mail believe me. Most of it from xtians or...atheists who do not agree with what we are doing.

Most of the hate comes from a misunderstanding of the position of the RRS. That is why we host a discussion board to complement the radio show. The discussion board is a place to debate...there are rules.

Sapient copies all emails on this message board....we then ask the emailer to come and discuss with us the issues: debate style. Again, there are rules, I am a moderator on RRS and if I see things getting out of hand I will make sure they stay polite. This is not necessarily about changing minds as it is defending your position. I don't know what the history was...or what was exchanged, I saw that email and decided to invite you to defend it. Obviously, you've declined the invitation. But for you words like pricks and nazis to describe us...we tend to get a bit touchy about that. Any person of dissenting opinions that wants to join the discussion board is free to do so. I was offering an invitation to give you a chance to describe exactly how and why you would think we are nazis or even pricks.
That was all....but your response to me..specifically was well....as you, I suppose, realized, more emotional than rational.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
Posts: 690
Joined: 2006-04-12
User is offlineOffline
English must not be this

English must not be this guys primary language.

Regarding the 0 idea. I don't buy this idea as in number theory 0 is a real number. If he had assigned God as an imaginary number (the square root of a negitive number) that would have been a better anology.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
The flaw with the

The flaw with the mathemetical model he presents is as follows: Math is to be applied it is useless without applications. Just because 0 exists in theory, it is not substantial. you apply math to reality...0 is a symbol which indicates the lack of something. Negative numbers are also theoretical.....

Example: there are no negative number of apples....or people...however, you can have a negative balance on your account. Which translated to reality..means you have no money and owe money. that is all the negative number indicates.

To say math exists therefore god may exists is a fallacy.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Voided
Posts: 1195
Joined: 2006-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Ok now whats the worse

Ok now whats the worse argument? God is love or god is 0?

The next time I hear one of those I'm going to see how they like me claim god is my, while I guess it depends on what kind of mood I'm in...


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2642
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Where exactly does the empty

Where exactly does the empty set figure in with the 'god is 0' thinking?

What about Pi? Since Pi refers to a usable infinite irrational number then shouldn't it be god too?

0 is only one part of infinity. The infinite nothingness between all numbers. In other words, after a decimal, I can add an infinite number of 0's without modifying the number. Adding 0 to a number does not alter the number and I may add an infinite number of 0's and it still does not change. How very ineffectual this 0 god is.

Where is 0 on a circle? Wherever I place it. I control god. How very quaint. I'm starting to like this. lol.

0 can be modified by addition and subtraction. What can be added or subtracted from god if he is supposed to be omni-?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
Posts: 280
Joined: 2006-11-08
User is offlineOffline
Quote:you need to stop

Quote:
you need to stop blaming the idea
the ideas are pure
but its the asshole he tries to gain money/power with it

What if the ideas were greated by an asshole with the purpose of gaining money/power? I'm not seeing any purity in that.

This guy is a little, uh...how do I put it nicely. Fucking crazy. Yeah, that fits.

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine