A fan of Ray Comfort doesn't believe we exist

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
A fan of Ray Comfort doesn't believe we exist

YOU RESPOND:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Howie
Date: Aug 10, 2006 1:20 PM

Well I see you've decided you want to be added to my friends list. Well I'd like to have contact with you through MySpace, but because of your Space I couldn't allow that to be something anyone would view from My MySpace. Sorry, so what made you ask anyway? How did you find me? And I take it, you don't believe in a God? ok, I don't believe in Athiest! First to be an Athiest you'd have to prove or have absolute knowledge of the Universe and more to say there is no God. The fact is you don't know for sure, so really your an Agnostic? Its like me saying there is no gold in China as a fact without first having absolute knowledge of every square inch of China! Ok, lets have a civilized conversation, what do you say?

Howie

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


froggy3162002
Posts: 3
Joined: 2006-12-06
User is offlineOffline
To KSMB - you assume a

To KSMB - you assume a lot.
todangst- quoting it has been refuted doesn't mean it has. You can argue till your blue in the face with me that there is no God but you can't disprove it to me. Why is that? Am I a intelectually challenged person whom was told this by my parents that God was real and then as a result of that I was forced to believe something because it was the only knowledge I knew? If you burnt you hand on a stove would you know you were burnt? If i told you stoves don't exist or aren't real or you were told by your parents to believe that then does that negate the fact of reality? Many of your parents told you gravity was true so then you guys are only believing that because your parents told you and you don't know anything else or is it cus you have proof? What it comes down to is proof. If you actually studied (your gonna claim you did cus you read like a few chapters, went to seminary, etc...) you would find evidence but you reject it because you love your sin. No matter how hard I argue with you to tell you that your hand wasn't burnt you still wouldn't believe me. In the same way why did I love my sin and looking at porn, thinking lustful thought, disboeying my parents, etc... and now don't? You can't explain that other than your usual arguments "that have been refuted in the past and are older than peanut butter". Yes, you still are a liar. Rationalize it or come up with some way to describe yourself as not a liar but at the end of the day your still a liar. What are your professions by the way?

-Jonathan


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
froggy3162002 wrote:

froggy3162002 wrote:
todangst- quoting it has been refuted doesn't mean it has.

How utterly dishonest of you. I didn't just quote that it has been refuted, I pointed out how it was refuted, AND I provided a suggestion for further reading:

Fact: this argument was refuted several centuries before you were born. Go and look up the 'begging the question fallacy". Once you do, look and see how your argument begs the question that the universe is an artifact.

For more, read up on David Hume, who defeated Paley's version of this argument in the 18th century....

Please do me the favor of replying to what I actually say, and please do not respond to strawman versions of my posts.

Quote:

If you burnt you hand on a stove would you know you were burnt?

If you have empirical evidence of this kind for your god, present it.

Quote:

If you actually studied (your gonna claim you did cus you read like a few chapters, went to seminary, etc...) you would find evidence but you reject it because you love your sin.

No, on the contrary, the contradictions, both internal and external, as well as the hatreds expressed in the bible, demonstrated to me that no such 'god' exists to me.

Here's the irony about my atheism: I can't believe that something as wonderful as a loving, caring, superintelligent being could be as petty and immoral and disgusting as you imagine that he is.....I can't imagine that there is a being so wonderful, yet so petty.

As the philosopher Galen Strawson said, if there is a god, he respects atheists most of all, because it the atheist who takes the concept of god most seriously...

I am willing to stand by my convictions, based on reason, that there can't be a 'god' who is so pettty, immature and hateful as your bible holds him to be... In short, I'm an atheist because I have more respect for the concept of god than most theists have.... you seem more than happy to imagine that there can be a loving creator who tortures his own creation for being precisely as he created them.... you seem happy to imagine a 'god' who destroys and tortures people of his own creation for their rationally held beliefs.....

I look at this and see illogic, and am able to quell any biased need to soothe death fears by propping up such a belief through dogma....

Quote:

No matter how hard I argue with you to tell you that your hand wasn't burnt you still wouldn't believe me.

Meanwhile, you're the guy saying he won't change his mind.

If you have an argument present it, I'm all 'eyes'.... to you, it's so easy, so go ahead.

Quote:

In the same way why did I love my sin and looking at porn, thinking lustful thought, disboeying my parents, etc... and now don't?

heheheheheh... ok, sure buddy...

Quote:

You can't explain that other than your usual arguments "that have been refuted in the past and are older than peanut butter".

When I claim an argument has been refuted, I demonstrate it.

Quote:

Yes, you still are a liar.

Is this really how you actually act in the real world? Do you assume everyone is untrustworthy and actually act accordingly?

Or do you refute your own claim by trusting some people?

I bet you do the latter, dontcha?

Quote:

Rationalize it or come up with some way to describe yourself as not a liar but at the end of the day your still a liar.

It's not a rationalization to argue that it's a false dichotomy error to hold that telling one lie makes a person a liar, and you yourself prove this argument by the fact that you don't treat everyone as if they are liars... you trust some people, you distrust others... because what makes a person a liar isn't one lie, it's a preponderence of behaviors...

Hey, think about it... if one act makes you liar, or a theif, then aren't you an atheist? It would follow from this logic that if you've ever had any disblief in god, you're an atheist...

but you realize that's not true... what matters is what you do now.. so why wouldn't this apply to other behaviors?

Quote:

What are your professions by the way?

-Jonathan

Well, according to you, I'm a professional liar, theif, etc.... but according to what you really think deep down, I'm not such a bad guy... my professsion involves working with developmentally disabled children.....

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
Huurr

froggy3162002 wrote:
HHave you guys ever seen your brains before? I sure haven't. How do you know you have a brain? Books told you? X-ray picture showed you? Doctor told you? How do you know that they were telling you the truth?

Becuase having a brain is not a big deal, believeing in your brain is not the difference between ETERNAL TOURTURE, and ignorant heaven.

The brain also doesn't make claims of resurection, creating the universe... etc.

The only thing the brain has going for is that you, yourself are it.

Now what about you? Have you seen your brain? I sure haven't. How do you know you have a brain? Books told you? X-ray picture showed you? Doctor told you? How do you know that they were telling you the truth?

Quote:
If you guys know there is no God then why do you waist all your time disproving it? Why don't you just go on with your lives and ignore us "morons or wackos" as you put it?

For me, Because it's you "Wackos" that are making America a shit hole (And the luaghing stock education wise), it's you guys that think we are evil and should be sent to prison for not sucking your god's love pump.
It's you guys that are demonizing science, and requireing schools to teach the frivolus "Science" of "Intelligent" Design". It's you "Wackos" that are ignoring everyone else, and deciding to vote on whether or not they suck Jeesdik, Instead of other, MORE IMPOTENT FACTORS.

It's you guys that made it impossible for an atheist to not hold public office IN THREE STATES. JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD!

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
I love how you guys are

I love how you guys are comparing your ALMIGHTY GOD, to simple burns, the brain, a factory/store.

Maybe you should be deists and worship a pencil.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
Posts: 473
Joined: 2006-03-15
User is offlineOffline
If only people like this

If only people like this froogy character could use the same skepticism for their religious beliefs as they do for our brains....

Ever seen your God? How do you know it exists, Bible told you< preacher? mom?

Don't assume that because you have warm fuzzy feelings while thinking about Jesus that it's Jesus. Hell, I get warm fuzzy feelings when thinking about Aphrodite, but that's only because she's supposed to be really hot and sexy.

And yes, I like porn, sex with women to whom I am not married, masturbation, and the occasional lie. Here, I'll throw one at you right now; I thought your challenge to us was inspiring, original, and I am seriously shaken at the implications of it. I honestly can say that I have been burying my fear of God and realize I just want to live a life of immoral and selfish sin, and that I have seen the light.

There, you got two for the price of one.

Dude, seriously. Sin is a made up concept. If you really think the all-powerful creator of the vast universe, of which this galaxy (let alone the planet) is an extremely small part, cares if I watch porn or wack-off, then I think you have a problem with perspective.

It's not that we can prove any concept of God does not exist (any more than you can prove your does), it's that the evidence--I should say "would-be-evidence"--is insufficient for me to accept the hypothesis of God.

Keep reading this site, and perhaps you'll understand why I say that.

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.


froggy3162002
Posts: 3
Joined: 2006-12-06
User is offlineOffline
You misunderstand the nature

You misunderstand the nature of God. If I killed all your family and then I went before the judge isn't the judge a nasty mean judge for giving me the death penalty? By your logic he is.

You said, "you seem more than happy to imagine that there can be a loving creator who tortures his own creation for being precisely as he created them"

He created us but does that give me an excuse? If I made the excuse my parents created me then I killed mine and yours then does that get me out of what I've done? If I went before you, assuming your a judge, you would throw me in jail. The same way God should punish us based on the actions YOU and I both did. Not beccause he is just some sick God that tortures people for fun. Atheist always put the problem on God and get mad at him for how he is acting. Why don't you guys ever get mad at yourselves for your actions? I bet you got mad at your parents when they spanked you like you didn't do anything wrong. You blaim tons of killing on religion. You know more were killed in atheistic humanism (Mao, Stalin, Lenin , Che Guevera, Etc-) then religion. Funny how you never mention anything about those people but only God.

Do I trust liars? Yes, but the difference is that were talking punishment not if I'm friends with a liar.
How is it a false dichotomy error when you have lied? It would be one if you HAD NOT but you have.

I did present some of my evidence to you that there is a God. Why did I change and hate sin? I don't think your arrogant enough to answer that because you know nothing more about me than the man in the moon.

"If" there was a heaven or hell where would you go? Why should God send you there? (I bet you won't answer this question)

I bet you also think your a good person. Why is that?

Also, why did you laugh when I gave you proof about me? Whats so funny about that? Whats funny is you laughing at me thinking I'm stupid with your sure buddy remark like that changed anything. Yes, I'm wrong. I'm totally wrong there is no God because you laughed at me and couldn't give me a rebuttal. I'm waiting ----

-Jonathan


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
HowietheChristian wrote:well

HowietheChristian wrote:
well I realize I don't need to answer, but here is a short list of versions

Greek
English

and the NIV,NASB,KJV, NKJV are the same

So, they're all self-contradictory?

check out http://www.rationalresponders.com/forums/rook_hawkins/biblical_errancy/a_small_compilation_of_contradictions
if you haven't already

Wouldn't a God (whichever one you want - God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Paul's Christ) that wants everyone to come to him put a book together that would make it easier to do so?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
Posts: 702
Joined: 2006-08-03
User is offlineOffline
froggy3162002 wrote:To KSMB

froggy3162002 wrote:
To KSMB - you assume a lot.

No I didn't, you are an incoherently rambling christian. By your own standards, saying such a lie about me makes you a liar. You violated your own commandment. Good going.


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote:froggy3162002

Ophios wrote:
froggy3162002 wrote:
HHave you guys ever seen your brains before? I sure haven't. How do you know you have a brain? Books told you? X-ray picture showed you? Doctor told you? How do you know that they were telling you the truth?

Becuase having a brain is not a big deal, believeing in your brain is not the difference between ETERNAL TOURTURE, and ignorant heaven.

The brain also doesn't make claims of resurection, creating the universe... etc.

Excellent point you are making here... he's comparing a naturalistic claim to a supernatural claim... that's a pretty basic epistemological error... many theists make it, and trying to get them to grasp the error is often a struggle...

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
froggy3162002 wrote:You

froggy3162002 wrote:
You misunderstand the nature of God.

So you assert... but how can something supernatural have a nature anyway? To exist is to exist as something, to have positive attributes, a nature... to be supernatural is to be beyond limits, and beyond nature...

So how can you discuss the nature of something beyond limits?

Quote:

If I killed all your family and then I went before the judge isn't the judge a nasty mean judge for giving me the death penalty? By your logic he is.

Wrong. That's a 'fit punishment' and no one here is arguing against that. What they are arguing over is something quite different, which makes your analogy way off the mark.

You see, your 'god' invents the concept of murder....when he didn't have to.... That's the real problem. So the question before you actually is: why does an all intelligent, all powerful, all loving being create such things in the first place? Why does this 'god' create his creation so that some of it will be tortured eternally?

You see, the problem is that your 'god' isn't just the judge, the problem is that he is also the culprit.

He's perfectly responsible for his entire creation, ergo he is ultimately reponsible for whatever pain or torture that exists.

So now, it's your turn to demonstrate your inability to grasp what perfect responsibility means, by giving us the 'free will defense'. And then I'll have to explain to you how omnipotence obviates free will... and then you'll be completely unable to follow the point....

Quote:

You said, "you seem more than happy to imagine that there can be a loving creator who tortures his own creation for being precisely as he created them"

He created us but does that give me an excuse?

You're not following the point. The point is that this 'god', as the omnipotent, omniscient creator of the universe, had to have created the universe with full knowledge of everything that would happen.

That means that this 'god' is perfectly responsible for everything that occurs.

While you won't get this, let me try anyway, for posteriorty.

Your 'god', as an omnipotent, omniscient creator, is responsible for every parameter of existence. Whatever options exist, this god is responsible for creating. This god also is responsible for whatever factors lead to whatever outcome.

Therefore, it follows necessarily that this 'god' is perfectly responsible for whatever happens.

Therefore, this 'god' is not just the judge, to use your flawed analogy, but also the cause of the crime! He invented the concept of the crime, he created the environment that could produce it, and the people who would commit it... this god is responsible for everything.

So it has nothing to do with making an excuse.... it has to do with the logical ramification of omnipotence and omniscience.

Quote:

If I made the excuse my parents created me then I killed mine and yours then does that get me out of what I've done?

'
The old flawed parents analogy. Here's the flaw: Your parents are perfectly responsible omnipotent creators of the universe.

Quote:

If I went before you, assuming your a judge, you would throw me in jail. The same way God should punish us based on the actions YOU and I both did.

The same god is responsible for creating the concept of sin, of creating the need to punish it. He's responsible for creating the universe, the environment that we live in, our characters... every single aspect of existence that leads to any outcome.

If you want to cry 'free will' then you have to realize that this 'god' also created the free will, and its limits! And the universe which obviates your free will anyway!

So your error, which you will repeat for years to come, is your inability to see that your 'god' must be perfectly responsible for whatever happens in his universe, ergo this 'god' is morally culpable for whatever 'sin' or torture exists.

And yet, you can never concede this, because it would require you to revamp your religious beliefs...

Quote:

Do I trust liars? Yes, but the difference is that were talking punishment not if I'm friends with a liar.

You're not making sense here, but then again, you can't afford to make sense, can you?

If everyone is a liar, how can you trust anyone? Can you answer that for me?

Quote:

I did present some of my evidence to you that there is a God.

No you did not.

Quote:

Why did I change and hate sin? I don't think your arrogant enough to answer that because you know nothing more about me than the man in the moon.

You didn't demonstrate that 'god' is responsible, you just believe that this is so... and, again, if there is a such a god, then he's responsible for the fact that you sinned in the first place!

I find it fascinating that theists can find their god responsible for some things, but not others...

Quote:

"If" there was a heaven or hell where would you go? Why should God send you there? (I bet you won't answer this question)

Why wouldn't I answer it? Why should a god torture someone for their beliefs?

Would you torture your own children for their beliefs? I bet YOU won't answer that...

Quote:
Also, why did you laugh when I gave you proof about me?

-Jonathan

You haven't given any proof of any god... all you are doing is attributing some supposed change in your life to a god... there's a difference.... and if I laughed, it's because I find it strikingly unlikely that you don't have sexual longings for women any more... in fact, I find that a rather pathological declaration to make...

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


Tilberian
Moderator
Tilberian's picture
Posts: 1118
Joined: 2006-11-27
User is offlineOffline
froggy3162002

froggy3162002 wrote:
HowietheChristian

You might assume someone was there before you and created all this stuff, but then you would look into the matter further to see if your assumptions met the tests of evidence and logic. Or rather, you would if you weren't a fundamentalist wacko.

Hey Guys,
I sure do enjoy how you guys resorted to name calling. You know if your point was so easy to make and we are so wrong and dumb fundamentalist wackos who are morons then why do you have to call us that?

It's amusing that you took offence to that, since I wasn't directly calling you a fundamentatlist wacko. The "you" was in the conditional sense of a hypothetical person. Since you identified with the term, I guess it's safe to say that you don't test your assumptions with evidence and logic.

froggy3162002 wrote:

MattShizzle said,
"Grow a brain moron! The fact nature exists does not prove there is a god. Sorry to be so blunt, but damn!"

Have you guys ever seen your brains before? I sure haven't. How do you know you have a brain? Books told you? X-ray picture showed you? Doctor told you? How do you know that they were telling you the truth? Some guy could have photo shopped the x-ray, the book could have been written by a prankster, or the doctor just doesn't like you.

There are millions of pictures of brains, historical and recent, coming from millions of different sources. Millions of people have seen human brains firsthand. All medical sources agree, with great specificity, about the presence of brains and what brains are and what they do. Medical treatments based on our knowledge of the brain work, reliably. If I wanted to see a human brain firsthand, I could do so and it would be there.

All of the above constitutes evidence. It is true that I have never directly seen a human brain, but I believe they exist based on the overwhelming evidence.

Now let's contrast the "evidence" for god. There are no photographs of god. No one has ever seen god. Thousands of different religions have wildly differing ideas of what god is and what he wants. Prayer does not work. There are no actions that I can take to directly find out if god exists.

Do you now understand the difference between rational belief and faith?

froggy3162002 wrote:

The fact that you guys don't like being called agnostics is because you would rather have the stronger term of atheist applied to yourself and just because I don't have proof of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

No, we don't want to be called agnostics because the term, as it's commonly used, is inaccurate. Most people who identify themselves as agnostic are expressing their unwillingness to state their belief or lack of belief in a god. They wish to only focus on the fact that that don't know one way or the other. Atheists DO wish to make a statement about their belief status, which is to say that they do NOT believe there is a god. Big difference.

froggy3162002 wrote:

I have no tangible proof of your brains but I still assume you have brains and you do as well.

You have tons of tangible proof that we all have brains.

froggy3162002 wrote:

If I told you that cell phones evolved out of rocks you would assume that I think your stupid or if I told you that cars came from rocks. We know that cars and phones are created because they are intricately complex and designed for a specific purpose. (Not assuming we know the maker or where they make them. etc---) I'm sure we can agree on how complex our cells our and the molecular structure of the cell membrane and how it allows water in and out. That is far more complex than a cell phone or car. So why would you assume that you and I evolved (some of you may not believe in evolution) but something far less complex than you and I didn't such as the car or cell phone?

You speak as though we have no answer to these questions about where biological organisms come from. The fact is, we do! We don't have to assume - we've done the research, dug into the facts and discovered the truth through science. If you saw a car you might assume that it was made by a person. When you investigated further, you'd find that you were right. If you saw a tree you might assume that it was made by some intelligence. But when you investigate that further, as biologists have done for centuries, you find that this is NOT the case. Evolution is a fact, and it explains where every living thing came from.

We don't have to talk about assumptions and suppositions. WE KNOW HOW LIFE EVOLVED.

froggy3162002 wrote:

Cars and phones don't repair themselves or make baby cars and phones. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics says everything gets worse overtime. So how can we say that everything got better overtime until where we are today.

The second law of thermodynamics says that the entropy of a closed system will increase over time. Since living things evolve through nonrandom adaptations to external influences, they are not in a closed system and the 2nd law doesn't apply.

froggy3162002 wrote:

If you guys know there is no God then why do you waist all your time disproving it? Why don't you just go on with your lives and ignore us "morons or wackos" as you put it?

Because the morons and wackos will not let us be. They are bringing their religious agendas out of the church and into the streets, the town hall and the schools and demanding respect and deference for their views. I'm sorry, but those views are not worthy of anyone's respect, and it's time that everyone be aware of that before any more public policy is made based on those views.

froggy3162002 wrote:

The fact is you have a conscience and so does everyone else. If we evolved then where did it come from? You say society as always. Then why do all people everywhere consider lying, thieving, murder, disobeying parents wrong?

Because they are antisocial, destructive activities that endanger the community. As social animals, we are evolved to have powerful negative feelings about such activities. As thinking people, we can easily see the bad consequences of these actions and decide not to tolerate them. No god is necessary, and all religion ever does is make up justifications for why some people should get away with these things.

froggy3162002 wrote:

Most of you have seared your consciences by your sinful lifestyles and can no longer hear it as if you basically hung up the phone on it. You have sex, look at your porn and don't feel bad about what your doing because you do it as much as you can.

You got that right!

Oh, and BTW, you can take your santimonious, arrogant presumption that you have ANY right to judge ANYONE else's morals and cram it right up your ass. At least we atheists actually own our morals instead of abrogating all responsibility to an invisible sky daddy and his book of fairy tales.

froggy3162002 wrote:

Have you ever told a lie? Then your a liar. If I murder once I'm a murderer or rape once I'm a rapist so it goes the same for lying. Well you would call me a liar if I told you a lie right? Your going to say no because you know that your a liar and going to try and argue your way out of it. You say liars tell lies always. Well how many lies to I have to tell to become a liar then? 10 then a buzzer goes off? Its only 1. You also can't apply the Dan Barker if I tell the truth what does that make me argument. Your not a truth teller because a truth teller is a perfect adjective. The same way if you have sex your not a virgin. You cannot become a virgin again by just not having sex. Lying revokes your "perfection" to being know as a liar who can tell the truth BUT HAS NOT ALWAYS.

Have you ever stolen? Anything regardless of value? Music off the internet? Then your a thief. If you say what about those who stole for their family to feed them. Did you have a family that was starving? No, you stole stuff for no other reason than to gratify yourself. We all have. I'm speaking to you not any outlandish what ifs living in Africa.

I bet many of you stopped reading this because you don't like your sins exposed.

Have you ever lusted and wanted to have sex with a woman or man or have? Jesus considers that the same as adultery. You probably don't because you love your sex, porn, and masturbation. You drink it in like water

Have you ever taken God's name in vain? Used it carelessly? Of course we all have. You didn't give God's name the respect it deserves or you used his name as a filth word. If I used your mom's name that way you would be very upset with me yet you do that with God's name and call it a victimless crime. I doubt you would stay calm if I used your mom's name that way and called it victimless because I've never seen her.

I see, so we're supposed to feel so guilty now about all the bad stuff we did in the past that we're going to go screaming into god's arms for his pretend solace.

I have news for you. There is no forgiveness. There is no way out. The past is the past and it can't be changed. You have to live right, right now, so that you don't have to look back on your past with regret. You are deluding yourself if you think your trips to church are saving you from anything or making you less responsible for anything. It's all still there, it's all on you, and the more you try to deny it, the more fucked up you'll get.

froggy3162002 wrote:

Most of you have hardened your hearts by now. You claim God doesn't exist. If I claimed gravity isn't real you would laugh at me. You say we can test gravity. Yes, the same way you are going to test and find out if God is real or not. You said you were Christians. 1 John 2:15 is clear on false converts. None of you were saved. You said you knew God but now you don't because he isn't real. YOU NEVER KNEW HIM TO BEGIN WITH! If I say I knew Santa and then now say he never was real then I can figure out that I never knew him because he never existed. The same way many of you prayed a prayer or went to church thinking you were saved. (Many of you intellectually are arguing with me and have no idea what I said in the past couple paragraphs. That’s fine because I'm no longer speaking to you so stop reading this but to those who are reading this I'm speaking directly to you.)

Damn! So if I had just kept believing in Santa, that would mean he really exists? Man, my parents are in trouble. Just think of all the free stuff they've cost me by telling me the truth!

froggy3162002 wrote:

God is going to see us all, you and me, as liars, thieves, blasphemers, and adulterers at heart and should punish us. A just judge should send lawbreakers to jail the same way God should sinners(breakers of the 10 commandments) to hell. It makes sense that he should. The reason many of you are still reading and don't like what I’m saying is because you want your sin and don't want to be punished the same way a thief keeps running from the law. You will die someday , no matter how far you run, how powerful you become, no matter how much you disprove God in your own minds. That day will be to late for you soul. You will have to pay your fine with your own blood by going to hell. God does not want that and made a way out for you. If you want to know what it is then email me. Otherwise DO NOT EMAIL ME! to debate me privately because I will block you.

I recommend that everyone email this clown their very favourite and long-winded arguments against theism to pay him back for prosletyzing on this site.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
Great post Tilberian.... it

Great post Tilberian.... it must be painful to actually go through responding to the 2nd law argument, but unfortunately, there really is that level of ignorance out there... nothing wrong with ignorance, of course... the real problem is arguing from ignorance.....

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Yes, the same way you

Quote:
Yes, the same way you are going to test and find out if God is real or not.

But are you not supposed to avoid testing god?
And besides, how do you test for this god?
How would you know if any results where from YOUR god, instead of nature or SOME OTHER GOD?

Quote:
You said you were Christians. 1 John 2:15 is clear on false converts. None of you were saved. You said you knew God but now you don't because he isn't real. YOU NEVER KNEW HIM TO BEGIN WITH!

True scotsman fallacy, I think.

And besides it's all up to god right? We go to hell, it's his bidding... RIGHT?

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the laugh, Mr

Thanks for the laugh, Mr Christian. Seriously. Your stuff is so absurd it's funny. You need to listen to the radio show Ray Comfort was on. And we don't care what a fictional person says. Fuck God. Fuck Jesus. Fuck the Holy Spirit - by the way, read Matthew 12:32. I am now beyond saving, so leave me alone.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Tilberian
Moderator
Tilberian's picture
Posts: 1118
Joined: 2006-11-27
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote:Great post

todangst wrote:
Great post Tilberian.... it must be painful to actually go through responding to the 2nd law argument, but unfortunately, there really is that level of ignorance out there... nothing wrong with ignorance, of course... the real problem is arguing from ignorance.....

For a group that thinks science is taking us all to hell, theists sure are eager to latch onto a scientific argument if they think it serves their purposes.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
Do a barrel roll!

Tilberian wrote:
For a group that thinks science is taking us all to hell, theists sure are eager to latch onto a scientific argument if they think it serves their purposes.

lol computers

Quote:
If I told you that cell phones evolved out of rocks you would assume that I think your stupid or if I told you that cars came from rocks.

Okay frog, here is a big difference between cars/watches/cell phones and humans/and other animals.

Cars, call phones, and watches can't have sex. They can't reproduce, asexually or otherwise. People can, unless there is something up with you.

Quote:
Have you ever told a lie? Then your a liar. If I murder once I'm a murderer or rape once I'm a rapist so it goes the same for lying. Well you would call me a liar if I told you a lie right?

Are you a liar?

Quote:
Most of you have hardened your hearts by now. You claim God doesn't exist.

You have hardened your heart, you claim that Yinepu doesn't exist, or Vishnu, or maybe even Zeus.

Quote:
Most of you have seared your consciences by your sinful lifestyles

Boo hoo, we disagree with you, therefore we are evil!
You and every other idiot will do this and many other things to justify eternal tourture at the hands of the almighty monster. Maybe you should bomb a building next.

If anything else, I can see you have no care for anyone. You have no feelings for anyone who doesn't agree with you. Don't talk to us about hardened hearts. look at yourself first, if all of humanity was roasting for all eternity for something as simple as not believing in god, you probably wouldn't shed a tear.
And don't forget the fact that god chooses who can't to be saved. Is it fair to scold a faulty product? Considering where you stand, yes.
You would yell at a mishappen drill for hours, instead of conteacting the makers.
You would burn a faulty sled, instead of just taking it back to the shop to get it fixed.

Quote:
and can no longer hear it as if you basically hung up the phone on it.

Sorry that you hung up on Thoth, it's going to be a horrific after-life when you realize that your heart is to be eaten by Ammit.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


memesinconflict
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-09-15
User is offlineOffline
Response

We at Rational Responders ask why you do not believe in the Greek, Hindu, or Islamic Gods since you have yet to search the universe for their non-existence.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
He knows that those other

He knows that those other gods don't exist.

 After all, the Canaanite god Yahweh that was co-opted by the Hebrews and later the Christians told him so.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin