Freeing all of humanity

metaloz
User is offlineOffline
Freeing all of humanity

Do you plan to take your fight and free the every sector of humanity
of their mind disorder ? Belief in something spiritual exists in every corner of the world and in many different forms right down to the lost tribes of Africa and South America.

How will you convince some Amazon tribal elder his God and the spirits around

him dont exist for example and that he has a mind disorder ?

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
*Mod Hat On* Please do not

*Mod Hat On*

Please do not 'spam' the board by posting the same topic again simply because you received no responses earlier. This is against the rules and this is your first warning.

*Mod Hat On*

(Your other thread written earlier will be deleted, we do not want duplicate threads.) 

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think they do, yes. What

I think they do, yes.

What of it?

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Scale and relevance should

Scale and relevance should be a factor as well. Nobody in the US is decrying their rights being deprived by the Amazonian tribal elder voting bloc.

Andyy
Andyy's picture
User is offlineOffline
metaloz wrote: Do you plan

metaloz wrote:

of their mind disorder ? Belief in something spiritual exists in every corner of the world and in many different forms right down to the lost tribes of Africa and South America.

Speaking only for me...  I try to counter this mind disorder where ever I encounter it.  But I would make exceptions for small tribal groups who are living in complete isolation.  The mind virus is in quarantine so to speak.  But once missionaries target them, I would be in favor of countering the 'missionary' work.  Its also prioritizing...  when powerful countries or people allow irrational thought to affect multitudes of people, that gets higher prioritiy than a country that has minimal influence or power.

iconoclastic1
iconoclastic1's picture
User is offlineOffline
metaloz wrote: Do you plan

metaloz wrote:

of their mind disorder ?

Hell no, I don't have that kind of energy.  I'll stick to one person at a time.  I've got a guy at work who just today tried to get me to go to his church.  I figure if someone tries to convert me, it's pretty much an invitation to try and deconvert them back. 

metaloz wrote:
Belief in something spiritual exists in every corner of the world and in many different forms right down to the lost tribes of Africa and South America.

Atheists aren't the ones trying to convince isolated tribespeople of their point of view, Christians are. 

Slimm
Superfan
Slimm's picture
User is offlineOffline
We should work to educate

We should work to educate the world by teaching them "what" a FACT is, many choose to egnore them...

Slimm,

Quote:
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called Insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion." - Robert M. Pirsig,