I gotta say something about this, too funny

Lux
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I gotta say something about this, too funny

Dude I just watched Sapients encounter with Friel after the debate. OMG, I thought they were going to throw down...Brian, you get way to worked up over this stuff, you should take a Xanex before these confrontations. I did notice how Friel was trying to pull you into a different direction with his questions, which was pretty lame. I don't agree with RRS on most topics, but I gotta give props to Sapient for standing his ground, even if he is a good foot shorter than his opponent..lol...Sorry if this topic has been posted, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents....

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis

gregfl
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: Dude I just

Lux wrote:
Dude I just watched Sapients encounter with Friel after the debate. OMG, I thought they were going to throw down...Brian, you get way to worked up over this stuff, you should take a Xanex before these confrontations. I did notice how Friel was trying to pull you into a different direction with his questions, which was pretty lame. I don't agree with RRS on most topics, but I gotta give props to Sapient for standing his ground, even if he is a good foot shorter than his opponent..lol...Sorry if this topic has been posted, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents....

What you might not know is why virtually every atheist who knows of Todd Friel thinks he is a jackass.

First, he went on Reggie's show and totally disrespected him. Then, he got on his own Mike and disrespected Reggie behind his back.

Then, he did the same thing to Sapient.  He is fond of making statements behind people's backs that they cannot defend, and doing it publically.  Then, when the person responds, they aren't criticising Todd, they are criticising Jesus.

Todd is a douchebag.

Lux
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Todd = Jesus? I'm sure He

Todd = Jesus? I'm sure He thinks like George Bush in that respect...lol....I may be on the right, but I'm not THAT far on the right....Oh well...

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis

goescrunch
goescrunch's picture
User is offlineOffline
The biggest mistake Brian

The biggest mistake Brian made was not memorizing some of the diseases and medical conditions in which abortion is a medical necessity. People shouldn't debate topics they aren't properly researched to debate. For instance, anti-choice people want to debate the topic, but they aren't properly researched on the topic. They want to pretend that encephaly isn't always fatal, that the fetus will survive. Let us not forget the fun of harlequin ichthyosis... Or in the case of the woman, aortic dissection, high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, the list goes on...

Considering it is the woman who has to risk her life, I don't think it is fair of any of these MEN to demand they risk their lives for a potential life for any reason. It's so easy for a man to sit on his ass and demand such a thing of a woman. He's not the one at risk.

IzzyPop
IzzyPop's picture
User is offlineOffline
goescrunch wrote: The

goescrunch wrote:

The biggest mistake Brian made was not memorizing some of the diseases and medical conditions in which abortion is a medical necessity. People shouldn't debate topics they aren't properly researched to debate. For instance, anti-choice people want to debate the topic, but they aren't properly researched on the topic. They want to pretend that encephaly isn't always fatal, that the fetus will survive. Let us not forget the fun of harlequin ichthyosis... Or in the case of the woman, aortic dissection, high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, the list goes on...

Considering it is the woman who has to risk her life, I don't think it is fair of any of these MEN to demand they risk their lives for a potential life for any reason. It's so easy for a man to sit on his ass and demand such a thing of a woman. He's not the one at risk.

Dennis Miller once said something along the lines of "You want my opinion on abortion?? I'll get back to you once I grow a uterus."

I thought it a very cogent point.

"When you hit your thumb with a hammer it's nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a special kind of atheist to jump up and down shout, 'Oh, random fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!'"-Terry Pratchett

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Todd isn't just a jackass,

Todd isn't just a jackass, he's a bonafide coward.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.