Please thank our anonymous investor...

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Please thank our anonymous investor...

With the help of an investor who wishes to remain anonymous the Rational Response Squad is in the process of purchasing a large home to run RRS operations for the next 30 years and beyond. Satisfying a desire to help humanity overcome theism Kelly, Rook, and Sapient have committed to each other to work and live together in a single house so that we can become more efficient and more productive. Rook will be moving to full time status and while Kelly will continue to work part time, it's our goal that at some point she'll be able to work on nothing else other than Rational Response Squad related business alongside of Rook and myself. Words can't express how thankful we are to have helped start such a large, thriving, and helpful community. Although we may be at our computers a little less in the short term as we coordinate the logistics of purchasing a home, moving into it, furnishing it, and outfitting "the bunker" with the highest level of security the industry has to offer, we promise to bust our butts for you in the long term. Your continued support will become more important than ever. A special thank you to our anonymous investor, you have gone beyond the call of duty and we will be forever indebted to you for all of the help and support you are offering us, without you, this wouldn't be possible.

mwwjr
mwwjr's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Anony!

We shall crush the christians' spirits, like clams on our tummys.

Razorcade
ModeratorRRS Core Member
Razorcade's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hail to the Benefactor

Mr. Anonymous,

Thank you, is a small price to pay for your commitment to the Rational Response Squad. You have brought the team and our members many steps closer to educating the masses about the ills of theism.

It is said that people who give generously have a big heart...but this gift you have bestowed on the RRS, proves to me, that you have the intellect to realize the dreams of all non-believers...the end of Theism.

I will continue to work diligently for the RRS, and hope someday to raise a glass of beer with you in the new HQ.

All good things to you.

Razor.

mawx
Silver Member
mawx's picture
User is offlineOffline
makes my day

...enough to get me to post. Even though I know that the battle against irrational thought must be a worldwide effort, and that many parts of the world are way ahead of us, I still can't help feeling some Philly pride.

Way to go! Congratulations!

"The priests of the different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live."--Thomas Jefferson, to Correa de Serra

ledbetter
User is offlineOffline
this is a landmark day

this is a landmark day ...hell a landmark year...

yesterday a member of the US congress comes out as a non-theist..and now RRS is guaranteed to thrive for years to come.

This calls for beer.Cool

Snake handling is for pussies. I've started up a sect where you prove God is watching over you by punching bears in the face .

"The brain is an important learning tool , Meatwad . " - Frylock

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
raymanbrint wrote: Cheers

raymanbrint wrote:

Cheers Mister Anonymous,

Your generosity is greatly appreciated and the effect it will have on the Atheism-Activist community will be readily noticed. I have never seen such an act of good will towards such a pious cause. You are truly a philanthropist among the shambling masses or mediocre men. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Rayman Brint

Yeah...what Rayman said.  It's awesome that you are willing to devote your lives to ending religion.  Me?  I just assumed it was a fool's errand.  After I read and listened to Sam Harris and Dawkins, I got scared.  I am so glad that someone thinks the effort is worth it.

Rock on.  

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whoa, huge thanks go out to

Whoa, huge thanks go out to whoever it was. Thank you for helping the rational movement in general. I know prolly this guy is either afraid of Christians if they found out he did it, or has another reason for being not wanting to be known. Hope we can get to know who it is sometime though, he needs thanks.

So, how long till the Christians bring up Satan is the invester. I can see it now "RRS does not want you to know because it's actually satan, sapient sold his soul!"

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!

Satansbitch
User is offlineOffline
Well you guys certainly

Well you guys certainly deserve this after all the hard work you guys have put in. Congratulations and thank you from all of us to the anonymous donor. Keep up the good work guys. Hey does this mean we may soon have a church of athiology?

Trenchant Atheist
Silver Member
Trenchant Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
HAHA Man, I've been

HAHA Man, I've been watching too much T.V.... the first thing that I thought of when I read this post was a narrated reality show ... "Three stoic atheists have come together to live in the same house! We'll see what happens when a group of people stops believing in God and starts being REAL!"

Totally awesome news though! My life is very hectic at the moment, but in the coming weeks I'll be looking to contribute whatever I can - especially diatribes, discussions and essays! Let me know where there's a debate to be had and I'll throw in my two cents + a few bucks to back it up!

Cruci Fiction
User is offlineOffline
This is great news.

This is great news. Congratulations!

I'm really looking forward to realizing the tremendous impact your team will undoubtedly have in exposing that fraud and dangerous mind virus known as theism. I think we could be witnessing here today, the early makings of such a significant cultural awakening and enlightenment in America, that it will one day prove to be among the most important and beneficial social changes in our nation's history.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: uh What's

Sapient wrote:
uh

What's wrong, Sapient? 

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not idols, but ideals We

Not idols, but ideals

We choose from any number of things that can be categorized and prioritized to fit into our solipsistic microcosms. We have many things which we praise and revile all to our own satisfaction. Yet still we claim to yearn for inter-subjective agreement on the things we prioritize as greatest in our own subjective assessment. We humans are a contrary lot bent on the subversion of our own designs.

In my opinion, one of the primary faults intrinsic to humanity is our ability to close down our reasoning faculties in the hope of maintaining our microcosm as is. Yes, I said that our minds are conservative. We claim to be driven by our declared desire for change and improvement then proceed to rationalize that by subsequently avowing to dogma. We don’t like it, but often are powerless against it. Hypocrisy is nature. Any one of us has within our capacity to be the type of person that can escape the clutches of our own habitual natures, but how?

When we are exposed to people who embody our ideals, we are stricken with awe so much so that our senses dull and we fail to recognize them as such. I’m not talking about nice people. I’m not talking about charismatic people. I’m referring to people that either collectively or individually represent that open-minded ideal that we long for in ourselves.

The people that make up The Rational Response Squad and the site www.rationalresponders.com are the epitome of that open-minded ideal in my assessment. They are too many to list and most would scoff at my admiration, question my sanity, or feign modesty. Regardless, the evidence is readily available in the form of HTML and I would encourage anyone to look at it for themselves.

We take each of these individuals for granted in their roles on the site and in public. It is expected, nay demanded of them to help theists of all faiths to realize that they could be wrong. Not that they are, but could be. They also take on the role of keeping the obnoxious atheists such as myself and a few others in check.

That is where I come to the next point. This type of endeavor cannot be undertaken cheaply nor can it be done half-assed. That is why I thank the individual whom has given three core members of the squad the opportunity to further explicate the dangers concerning theism for all of humankind. The future has taken on a new ray of hope for me that humanity will see its way through this modern dark age.

Thank you for doing what I could not. Thank you for seeing what I have and most importantly… Thank you for being that person that epitomizes my ideal.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

UberBob
UberBob's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is fuciing awesome

This is fuciing awesome news.

Best of luck to you guys and a tip of the hat to Mr Anonymous Investor.

"Sometimes even the wisest of man or machine can make an error."

-Optimus Prime

PhoenixFire
User is offlineOffline
Wow!  Good deal!  (don't

Wow!  Good deal!  (don't comment much, but this was worth the words!)

-Shannon 

krinu
Silver Member
krinu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow!

Congratulations, guys -- and thank you, Benefactor, for taking such a bold leap to reason!

Keep up the great work, all!  MORE BIG NAMES, MORE EXPOSURE -- SUCCESS!!

x1 (event/state) is a reason/justification/explanation for/causing/permitting x2 (event/state)

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks whoever you are for

Thanks whoever you are for your generosity. I'm sure your money is in good hands.

Be who you are. 
     Do what you love.
     Make a difference.
     Change the world. 

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
ledbetter wrote: This calls

ledbetter wrote:
This calls for beer.Cool
I'll second that motion!

Phoy
User is offlineOffline
Good job guys give it a few

Good job guys give it a few more generations and you will have to say im an "active theist" which sounds retarded.

Rave
User is offlineOffline
This is wicked! I'm so

This is wicked! I'm so happy for u guys. I remember Laura Ingram *cough*-bitch-*cough* took the micky when you said your girlfriend was supporting you - well, Laura can stick it now! I hope you guys get even more publicity from this.

Thank you Mr Anonymous! It probably wouldn't be the best idea if you identified yourself, but it would be nice to know something about the person who has made such a huge charitable gesture!

"This is the real world, stupid." - Charlie Brooker

"It is necessary to be bold. Some people can be reasoned into sense, and others must be shocked into it. Say a bold thing that will stagger them, and they will begin to think." - Thomas Paine

TheSage
TheSage's picture
User is offlineOffline
Congratulations guys, and

Congratulations guys, and thanks to whoever it is that is so willing to invest their earnings into such an important cause. If more people were so willing to fund research and education, the world would be a much safer place. This is more than a step in the right direction, it's a leap and a bound towards a better informed western world.

Congrats again, to everyone. 

ClubHollis
ClubHollis's picture
User is offlineOffline
congratulations!!!!

I'm so incredibly excited about this move. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the most generous and wise donor. You couldn't have found better people than brian, rook, and kelly for this venture. I just hope they are not ur indentured servants for the next 50 years, j/k. Thanks a lot.

A note to Sapient and those living there. TELL NO ONE THE LOCATION! i will worry for your safety some christians will try to tear you house down, be sure of that. Be very careful and watch yourselves when you going home.

All the best.

Just use your head.

LLroomtempJ
LLroomtempJ's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClubHollis wrote: TELL NO

ClubHollis wrote:
TELL NO ONE THE LOCATION! i will worry for your safety some christians will try to tear you house down, be sure of that. Be very careful and watch yourselves when you going home. All the best.

Resident christian here. I hope that no one comes after you guys or your anonymous donor. It would be a shame if someone did such an abomination in the name of christ.

I just wanted to say that this is the saddest news that I've heard in a long time. I don't know what to say...I'm thoroughly convinced of the opposite of what you believe...and though i'm sure it is unwelcome and ignored, I pray that you guys would come to the knowledge of Christ.

jason

You tell me to substantiate my claim that God exists and it is given to you. I ask you to substantiate your claim that God does not exist and you respond with confusion and misunderstanding. Satan is a liar. God stands and waits for you.[j316]

Michael A. Thompson
Michael A. Thompson's picture
User is offlineOffline
nice....

Looks like even God likes you guys.  Sent you a "Guardian Angel".  Eye-wink

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd like to bestow my

I'd like to bestow my deepest gratitude and honor upon this anonymous person to whom the future RRS success will be founded upon.  Combined with the intellect, rhetorical skill, knowledge, and  personalities of the RRS members, this bunker (if that is to be the designation which sticks) will be the launching pad of rationality.

I believe that this donation was the most rational choice made. 

Shaun 

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is great news for the

This is great news for the cause of reason, logic, and humanity. Another great step in the evolution of man and society.

Thank you Donor.

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It better have an olympic

It better have an olympic size swimming pool with high dive, water slide and movie theatre, otherwise I am not comming over to visit.

(note to self: Did I think that, or type it?)Tongue out

In all seriousness though. Thanks to the very generous contributor. Your contribution will allow them to focus on putting a face to reason. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is fantastic!!!  

This is fantastic!!!   Congratulations and many thanks to whoever was so generous.  It's definitely important to keep you guys up and running.

If god takes life he's an indian giver

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
This is definitely cool!

This is definitely cool!

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm glad there are people

I'm glad there are people out there with the finances to support freethinking. I sincerely thank you for letting this endeavor grow. 

And..one more thing.....KEGGER AT THE RRS HOUSE!!! I'LL BRING MY FRIEND JACK. Smiling 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I'd love to attend THAT

I'd love to attend THAT event!

Sadistic Stalker
Sadistic Stalker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cool shit

Only someone with a truely pure heart would do that. Laughing out loud Thanks mystery person!

ycantibu
User is offlineOffline
Wow, that's absolutely

Wow, that's absolutely amazing!  Thanks for the donation Mr./Mrs. Anon!

CrimsonSun99
User is offlineOffline
Rawr

Now we will be thought of even more as a cult lol.

Source: http://digg.com/business_finance/Rational_Response_Squad_Anonymous_plans_to_help_buy_A_HOUSE

Comment: It is an amazing thing when atheism forms a cult and consider themselves free thinkers. This is more proof of God existing because it shows how anti-religious people have a real agenda to not just disbelieve in God which would be personal opinion but to prostelytize atheism and blasphemy is inherently not a free thinking pursuit. As I have said before RRS is a cult and now they are creating there little "Heavens Gate" bunker. Why would they even want to call a home "bunker" or "compound". I hope this doesn't turn into another Waco. There may not even be a mystery donor. If there is a "mystery donor" isn't that a bit mystical anyway. The fact is that Sapient is clever and I do mean clever.

LMFAO 

Scotch
Scotch's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is a great deed for the

This is a great deed for the betterment of society. I assure you, mr. Anon, you are certainly doing a huge good for us all. Thank you! Sincerely, Scotch.

http://youtube.com/phillipetrindade - Reasonable dialogue about atheism. Please visit, rate it and comment. Thanks!

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you anonymous!

Thank you anonymous!

FGL
User is offlineOffline
Congrats guys!!  Have you

Congrats guys!!

Have you thought about succession planning? Will there be breeding in this house; perpetuation of the RRS-- mini-rrsers for the next generation!

I can fill a cup if desired; just saying.

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cool, a secret fortress!

Cool, a secret fortress! Will it come with laser beams and nameless goons that act as cannon-fodder? Dangerous traps and secret rooms?

No?

Joking aside, it's still cool that you mofos have this deal going down.  Props to the investor that's making this possible. You're becoming legion.

-=Grim=- 

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.

Nils
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
This is great news! My

This is great news! My thanks go to the anonymous benefactor for this truly awe-inspiring sacrifice.

Has any thought been put into naming this house? And is there an opening for a rather enthusiastic Secular Humanist dish-washer? I'd gladly sleep in the laundry hamper behind the washing machine.

"Blessed be the absent-minded for they will not notice."

SilkyShrew
Rational VIP!
SilkyShrew's picture
User is offlineOffline
AWESOME! Great News, guys!

AWESOME! Great News, guys! Congrats!

Also, thank you very much to the mystery person. Smiling 

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Good Shit! Now all you need

Good Shit!

Now all you need is a sercurity system.

My Plan Laughing out loud

NOW WITH ANTI-LSD BUS LASERS!!!!

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is all so incredibly

This is all so incredibly exciting. So exciting, in fact, that it's even brought out a couple of first time posters.
Good things are spreading from a great act of generosity!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

phoniel
phoniel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks!

Thanks so much, mystery man! We're gaining ground and a movement.

martyhoff
martyhoff's picture
User is offlineOffline
G'day Anon Anonymous donor,

G'day Anon

Anonymous donor, here's a heartfelt handshake of gratitude from Australian atheists who support the 'rational' cause from afar. Your next beers' on me, if I ever meet you. 

TheSarge
BloggerHigh Level Donor
TheSarge's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow.  That's completely

Wow.  That's completely fucking awesome.  Sorry I can't help out more, enlisted don't make a whole helluva lot, but I'm glad that someone who does did help out.  Fuckin' awesome.  Thanks, anonymous.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
OUR OFFER ON THE HOME WE

OUR OFFER ON THE HOME WE WANT WAS VERBALLY ACCEPTED!

THE DEAL WILL BE IRONCLAD TOMORROW WHEN THEY SIGN OFF ON IT!

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
wow, that's amazing! good

wow, that's amazing!

good luck for the upcoming turmoil of moving!

Juvenile Narcissist
Silver Member
Juvenile Narcissist's picture
User is offlineOffline
FANTASTIC!   thanks so

FANTASTIC!

thanks so much, Anonymous Donor. awesome donation.

and thanks to the RRS, you guys do great work.  

Rill

MythMan_J
Theist
MythMan_J's picture
User is offlineOffline
C`est la Vie

It IS a SHAME you have to rely on a big donation for a little while.

You would be able to receive whatever you ask just by 'flashing the badge,' if everyone knew what you did and wasn't programmed to BAA at you and block your way rather than offering you all the goods and things you require.

"Oh, give it up; He's in The Squad!" elder managers would say to young cashiers asking if you're supposed to have all those Happy Meals.

Ah well ... being always grateful ...

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
The new house deal is

The new house deal is ironclad! Everyone has signed off on it. I know we get tons of help from everyone, but Rook has been unemployed for two months working solely on RRS activites while looking for work. He's reached the end of the borrowing trail, and we need the money we have for the new house, so if you can help pay for Rooks moving expenses it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much everyone.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Here's 20.

Here's 20.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Matt.

Thanks Matt.