Reverend Oglethorpe Show

crimson90
crimson90's picture
Posts: 25
Joined: 2006-12-17
User is offlineOffline
Reverend Oglethorpe Show

I recently listened to the Rev. Jebediah Oglethorpe episode again for the gajillionth time (he always cracks me up with all of his "-isms&quotEye-wink, and you guys said that no one has seen God. Being a true Christian, Mr. Oglethorpe should have brought up the time when Jacob wrestles with God and proclaims that he has seen God and did not die, since he has supposedly read the whole Bible like he's supposed to have done. I just wanted to bring this to the attention of the RRS and especially Rook, who said that no one has seen God. Just thought I'd do some research on what you guys talk about, and mind you me, I research everything I've heard from you guys.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
crimson90 wrote: I

crimson90 wrote:

I research everything I've heard from you guys.

 Then you win the critical thought prize of the day.  You know darn well in our show we implore people not to trust us merely because it's come out of our mouths.  Cross referencing our views can only lead to more knowledge and you should be rewarded, which is what I want to do.  Atheist Universe author David Mills recently sent us some autographed copies of his book to give out as needed, if you don't yet have the book I'd like to send you a copy, if you do have the book I could give up an unsigned God Delusion, or an unsigned God Who Wasn't There Movie.  

 You call it.  

 I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to cross check you on the fact that you cross check everything we say.  Eye-wink

 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
I am duly impressed!  

I am duly impressed!

 


crimson90
crimson90's picture
Posts: 25
Joined: 2006-12-17
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: crimson90

Sapient wrote:

crimson90 wrote:

I research everything I've heard from you guys.

 Then you win the critical thought prize of the day.  You know darn well in our show we implore people not to trust us merely because it's come out of our mouths.  Cross referencing our views can only lead to more knowledge and you should be rewarded, which is what I want to do.  Atheist Universe author David Mills recently sent us some autographed copies of his book to give out as needed, if you don't yet have the book I'd like to send you a copy, if you do have the book I could give up an unsigned God Delusion, or an unsigned God Who Wasn't There Movie.  

 You call it.  

 I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to cross check you on the fact that you cross check everything we say.  Eye-wink

 

 

Wow. I didn't expect this. I am truly greatful. This is pretty cool. I'll PM you my address.


Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
Posts: 690
Joined: 2006-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Crimson90,

Crimson90,

I have had many online debates with proclaimed Christians that have argued agianst me when I showed them the same passage you brought up. They have actually told me that it wasn't God, it was an angle fighting in God's place and other such excuses.

There are numerous places in the OT where people see God and yet there is the passage in the NT that claims no has seen God. The Bible is full of contradictions like this one.

 BTW, The book being sent to you is quite good.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca


crimson90
crimson90's picture
Posts: 25
Joined: 2006-12-17
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord

Randalllord wrote:

Crimson90,

I have had many online debates with proclaimed Christians that have argued agianst me when I showed them the same passage you brought up. They have actually told me that it wasn't God, it was an angle fighting in God's place and other such excuses.

There are numerous places in the OT where people see God and yet there is the passage in the NT that claims no has seen God. The Bible is full of contradictions like this one.

 BTW, The book being sent to you is quite good.

I'm sure that there are more, but that was the first one that came to mind. But there are those Christians that say that the old testament doesn't matter, no matter how many times you show them the words of Jesus right to their faces. My friend is one of these people, and when I say that no one has seen God, he says to me that that's not true. He says that people from the Old testament have seen him. So I ask him why he all of the sudden puts the OT over the NT, and he's just flustered. Very funny stuff.