Shame on you for helping people out of their mind crutch!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Jul 31, 2006 2:12 PM

shame on you if you dont believe in God then dont but dont try and stop other people from believing in God what does it matter to you????

If you're friend believed that there was an alien behind him shooting lasers at his head, and that everytime he shot the laser he was losing a day of his life... would you help your friend realize that the alien wasn't there? If not, shame on YOU!

Quote:
and just to let you know there is a God and he is very much alive today and Jesus Christ walked this earth died for our sins on the cross and arose agian to sit at the right hand of God and he is returning some day to judge the world now

That fairy tale is nice and all, but there just isn't any proof. Until there is you're no different than the friend who thinks an alien is shooting lasers at him. Watch out behind you, I think I see him!

Quote:
what will you say when you stand face to face with God the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings????

And what would you do if that God turns out to be Allah, and man is he pissed at you! Christians, Muslims, etc... one MUST be wrong. Is it you? Are your beliefs logically defendable? No. Considering they aren't quite possibly, you have it wrong. Don't feel bad though, Muslims can't defend their belief logically as well.

Quote:
dont believe in God well we can help the!!!!!

Feel free to go ahead and help. We're all ears. We just need a little proof. We're honest with ourselves on the issue of god, unlike theists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Is there something about Christianity that precludes proper spelling, punctuation and capitalization? :roll:

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:
Is there something about Christianity that precludes proper spelling, punctuation and capitalization? :roll:

Yes. People who believe ridiculously irrational and foolish things tend to be foolish and ignorant. As I posted for you before, if you remember, there is a direct correlation with lack of intelligence and propensity to become a theist. The smarter you are the more likely you are to be an atheist. It's ashame, it really is.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:

Well, when I type online, I'm not exactly mr. prefect grammar speller either. I'm too much in a hurry to worry about all that. so, i guess you can't really judge them on that level. However, it's the way they talk, that you can sense a level of ignorance, they way they formulate their statements and points...that shows their ignorance.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Does anyone have a link to any study where they found the more educated you are, the less likely you are to be religious? I've read that already.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:
Does anyone have a link to any study where they found the more educated you are, the less likely you are to be religious? I've read that already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Guess it won't work to use it though. The Christians will find some reason to criticize any study done. No evidence will ever be good enough for them to think rationally about religion. Sad

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Date: Jul 31, 2006 2:49 PM

what did God ever do to you was it the part about him giving you life that makes you not believe in Him or maybe the part about blessing you with a place to live or what????

I can't prove God ever did anything to me, as I can't prove it exists. You can't either.

Quote:
i just cant understand what you have aginst God he has never done anything bad to you

So not only do you know that god exists, but you know exactly what he's done to me good and bad, too? Please keep in mind, your god is supposedly the creator of all things, and this includes everything bad that ever happens. Sure you could say that Satan is the cause of bad things, and you'd selectively be forgetting who created Satan.

Quote:
and i here you people say that religions start wars and religions make people kill eachother but that is not true

Yes, the people kill each other, duh. It's the belief they held that made them decide to do it. Keep denying reality though.

Quote:
it isnt the religion that kills people its the people who kill people its just like the gun the gun doesnt go around killing people its the person using the gun

Duh. And it's the beliefs of the person holding the gun that lead them to use the gun. Like for example 19 hijackers who gave their lives on 9-11 because they knew God would reward them.

Quote:
like in the hollocost it wasnt jesus killing the jews it was a mad man who wanted to take over the world cause jesus never started killing people he tought peace and love and its not his falt and its not Gods fault that people dont understand it or dont follow it its the peoples fault so stop blaming God!! ill pray for you

I'm not blaming something that doesn't exist. I'm blaming the people who actually fall for that load of irrational horseshit, kind of like it's not the gun that does the killing it's the people. Well it's not God that I blame, it's his ignorant followers who I blame for falling for it. Oh and prayer doesn't work. Here's proof.

Oh by the way, that was the worst run on sentence I've seen this year.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Date: Jul 31, 2006 2:57 PM

well God isnt shooting anyone and God is real unlike the alein

I wasn't saying God was shooting someone, don't be so dense man. I was saying that belief in the alien behind you is the same as belief in god, it's a delusion with absolutely the same amount of proof.... which is NONE. You have no proof for God and the same amount of proof for the alien shooting lasers at you.

Quote:
and it doesnt hurt anyone to believe in God

19 men killed themselves on 9-11 for God and over 2,000 Americans died that day. Don't be so out of touch with reality, SHAME ON YOU!

Quote:
God is trying to save the world not trying shoot us

God is "trying?" Wow dude, you've lost it. God is supposedly all powerful and all knowing. He would've known exactly what the world would've turned into. He had the power to change it before he created it, he has the power to save it if he really wanted to. And the concept of "trying" is a human characteristic. It's what us finite creatures do. God is supposedly infinite, he has no reason to try.. he just is. But I'm sure this is all over your head. Elevate yourself to a higher level of thought, you are the epitome of irrational.

Quote:
and there is plenty of proof the Bible and anyway its about faith

Which is it? Is there proof or are you supposed to have faith? You're a walking contradiction. You know there is no proof, and just saying so doesn't make it so.

Quote:
have you ever seen George Washington????? i dont think soo

Well duh, of course I haven't seen him. I can however see his signature and his writings on many documents. I can see paintings of him from artists who were in his presence. I can visit his grave, his home. There are plenty of evidences to prove he existed that come from the time he lived. There isn't a single proof of Jesus from the time when he was alive, he likely never even existed. And there is certainly no scientific proof to prove a god exists, which is what any logical and rational person would need to believe. If you have that contemporary proof of Jesus, win $666 right here.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Date: Jul 31, 2006 3:04 PM

and what is just not logically corect about Christianity????

The fact that in order for something to be logically coherent it can't be contradictory and it needs to have some repeatable testable proof. Christians are illogical.

Quote:
and where do you think we come from????

Our parents.

Quote:
have you ever read the bible???

Yes, all the way through, over 4 years. I was a Christian growing up, but as an honest person I had to accept reality.

Quote:
and did you know that some of your heroes were christian ben franklin, abe lincolon even einstine agreed that there was a God

Ben Franklin was more of a deist, who embraced science. Lincoln is pegged as an atheist in his private papers, and Einstein was certainly no Christian. In fact all three you mentioned were not Christian. Was this a lie your pastor duped you on?

Here's some quotes:

I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies.
-- Benjamin Franklin, quoted from Victor J. Stenger, Has Science Found God? (2001)

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason: The Morning Daylight appears plainer when you put out your Candle.
-- Benjamin Franklin, the incompatibility of faith and reason, Poor Richard's Almanack (1758)

Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.
-- Benjamin Franklin

What is to be, will be, and no prayers of ours can arrest the decree.
-- Abraham Lincoln, quoted by Mary Todd Lincoln in William Herndon's Religion of Lincoln, quoted from Franklin Steiner, The Religious Beleifs of Our Presidents, p. 118

The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession.
-- Abraham Lincoln, quoted by Joseph Lewis in "Lincoln the Freethinker"

The only person who is a worse liar than a faith healer is his patient.
-- Abraham Lincoln, quoted by Victor J. Stenger in Physics and Psychics

My earlier views of the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvation and the human origin of the scriptures, have become clearer and stronger with advancing years and I see no reason for thinking I shall ever change them.
-- Abraham Lincoln, to Judge J. S. Wakefield, after Willie Lincoln's death (Willie died in 1862

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
-- Albert Einstein, obituary in New York Times, 19 April 1955, quoted from James A. Haught, "Breaking the Last Taboo" (1996)

I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.
-- Albert Einstein, 1954, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I also cannot imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere.... Science has been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-- Albert Einstein, "Religion and Science," New York Times Magazine, 9 November 1930

Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being.
-- Albert Einstein, 1936, responding to a child who wrote and asked if scientists pray. Source: Albert Einstein: The Human Side, Edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffmann

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.
-- Albert Einstein, 1954, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

Nic-Holio
Nic-Holio's picture
User is offlineOffline

Amen to that Sapient. (lol)

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Date: Jul 31, 2006 3:59 PM

we do not need proof that he is real. We know in our hearts that he is. Just cause you dont belive jus

And your friend knows in his heart that the alien is shooting lasers at his head. You just don't get it.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Date: Jul 31, 2006 4:19 PM

when i said trying i ment it like God gave man free will to choose the way they want to go cause he didnt want only robots down here he wanted people to really choose him so thats what i ment

There you go again with this anthropomorphic god. He "wants?" Infinite beings don't act finitely. Like I said, I'm sure this is way above your head anyway. An easier way to understand would be to realize that an all knowing being would know everything everyone would ever do. An all powerful being would have the ability to make any changes he wants ahead of time, WITHOUT affecting anyones free will. If god wants anything at all, it;s that he "wants" everything to happen exactly as it's happening now. He would want me to be proving to others that he doesn't exist. But I speak about a metaphorical "want" since like I said, God can't "want" he just "would."

Quote:
and what does it hurt if someone believes or not?

The crusades, Osama Bin Laden, and the Christian who blows up abortion clinics are all examples of those who believe "hurting" someone.

Quote:
and those 19 men killing thers nothing i can do about it but my God sertinly wouldent want anyone to kill themselvs

There you go, with "want" again. You're god knew those men would fly into those towers. He's all knowing. He had the power to change it before he even conceived a world to create without affecting anyones free will. The only rational conclusion if an all knowing all powerful god exists, is that those 19 hijackers are part of gods plan. Furthermore this would lend credence to the notion that Allah is actually the one true god.

Quote:
in fact the bible tought aginst killing ourselvse so it doensnt hurt.

And it also taught to kill. If you don't know this, then it is you who hasn't read the bible.

Quote:
and there was proof in the bible but you still ahve to have faith

If it's proof, you don't need faith. Like I said, you're a walking contradiction... just like your version of god. By the way, you can't use a book to prove that the book is true. It's called "circular logic" it's a logical fallacy, and thusly not logical.

Quote:
ince you cant see God and you say that all the bible is lieing and God is just made up by man so hopw do you know that the whol le george washington is just made up

Because we have contemporary data that is corrobarated over and over and over. We don't have contemporary data of Jesus, or current day proof of god, let alone coroborated.

Quote:
by man and the house and everything and i ment then how do you sopose we were created if God didnt make us

I don't want to talk to you about how humans got here, you don't have the minimum intellectual reasoning capacity to have that discussion. Go search "evolution" online and do your own research, I'm only willing to discuss God with you for now. First recognize god is a myth, then you can seek more reality.

wheezygonzalez
User is offlineOffline
Re: Shame on you for helping people out of their mind crutch

Sapient wrote:
Quote:
And what would you do if that God turns out to be Allah, and man is he pissed at you! Christians, Muslims, etc... one MUST be wrong. Is it you? Are your beliefs logically defendable? No. Considering they aren't quite possibly, you have it wrong. Don't feel bad though, Muslims can't defend their belief logically as well.

Great response! This is exactly what I tell people when they ask me why I don't believe in their god. I tell them, "Once you understand why you don't believe in everyone else's god's, you'll understand why I don't believe in yours."
So far, no one has told me they understand my reasoning.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: