We should send only one bulletin per day out.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

ORIGINAL MAIL:

Quote:

You know, I really believe in your cause, but is 5 bulletins a day really necessary? Annoying people isn't the best way to win them over... i think the christian fundamentalists have shown us that.... Could ya tone it down a little or maybe send one big bulletin a day so my bulletins aren't so packed?? I don't mean to be offensive... just being honest to a fellow atheist....

Lindsey

OUR RESPONSE:

Quote:

Thanks for the input. Apologies for flooding your box, however we see this as sort of a judgement call.... what is more annoying?:

1. Religion returning humanity to the status of primitivity
2. 5 bulletins in your myspace box.

As long as we see it like this, we will push as hard as humanly possible to rid this planet of the afforementioned mind disease. We understand and would be sorry if we lost your friendship in the process.

jester700
User is offlineOffline

Actually, that seems to me a false dichotomy, and in the middle there is the one-per-day bulletin. One e-mail per day is a reasonable request, though it is, as you say, a judgement call.

Can't a user just check here once per day instead of getting e-mails? I don't sign up for e-mail bulletins as a rule, because I check the pertinent sites/forums. I mean, I come here a few times a day - am I missing anything?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

jester700 wrote:
Can't a user just check here once per day instead of getting e-mails? I don't sign up for e-mail bulletins as a rule, because I check the pertinent sites/forums. I mean, I come here a few times a day - am I missing anything?

She was referring specifically to the bulletin board function on myspace in which people are able to send a bulletin to all of their friends at one time. There is no real clogging of your mailbox, and it's very simple to skim through. On a typical day people send out bulletins like:

Title: OMG
Body: I just saw a car accident outside my houz, roxORZ!

------------------------------

Title: Be the 300th comment!!!
Body: Comment my pictures right now and you can be the 300th comment!

------------------------------

Title: You have got to read this!
Body: Wah Wah, you have just been zapped with the wizaroo virus. If you don't send this message in a bulletin right now, someone you love will die tommorrow, you will lose your best friend to cancer in a week, and you will never be in love again.

-------------------------------

CynageN
User is offlineOffline

I still get the fucking chain letter crap in my bulletins, I'd much rather see your spam then that shit.

jester700
User is offlineOffline

AH! Now I get it. Yeah - in this case, I'm with you - several per day isn't unreasonable.

Saganite
User is offlineOffline

I?m with Lindsey on this one. I love you guy?s site, and I dont mind gettign a fresh bulletin whenever you?ve got one. But I?m getting the same thing like 3 times a day. I am usually able to keep most spam out of my bulletin board, so it sucks to have to sift to find my GF?s bulletins now. I?m sure this wont make a lick of difference, just figured I?d throw my vote behind hers. If you?ve got something new to say, by all means, drop me a line, I want to hear it. But hearing that there?s a $666 dollar reward for finding jesus, 3 times a day is a bit excessive.

I vote YES http//underdogryan.blogspot.com/2005/09/should-men-fling-poo.html

Saganite
User is offlineOffline
Re: We should send only one bulletin per day out.

OUR RESPONSE:

Quote:

Thanks for the input. Apologies for flooding your box, however we see this as sort of a judgement call.... what is more annoying?:

As long as we see it like this, we will push as hard as humanly possible to rid this planet of the afforementioned mind disease. We understand and would be sorry if we lost your friendship in the process.

just wanted to point out that your logic in that judgment call is flawed. You dont take into account that anyone recieving your bulletins has added you as a friend, so sending multiple bulletins does nothing to help fight against dangerous theistic nutjobs who would flee from your myspace, or just flame you like tards.

Thanks again,
From your friend and fellow atheis Warrior,
Saganite

I vote YES http//underdogryan.blogspot.com/2005/09/should-men-fling-poo.html

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Re: We should send only one bulletin per day out.

Quote:
Saganite wrote:
OUR RESPONSE:
Quote:

just wanted to point out that your logic in that judgment call is flawed. You dont take into account that anyone recieving your bulletins has added you as a friend, so sending multiple bulletins does nothing to help fight against dangerous theistic nutjobs who would flee from your myspace, or just flame you like tards.

Thanks again,
From your friend and fellow atheis Warrior,
Saganite

What you and Lindsay don't seem to be taking into account is that you'd need to remove all the friends who send the chain letters, the surveys, and the nonsense from your friends list (as well as the rest of myspace) then we'd have no need to send multiple bulletins. People log into myspace all throughout the day, at sporadic times. When we have a campaign like right now to provide evidence for Jesus we send the bulletin about every 5 hour. Considering myspace only shows the last 4 or 5 bulletins on your home page, anyone with more than 30 friends will not see our bulletin about 30 minutes after we post it. Folks should take their argument up with those who misuse the system for completely retarded shit, and those who are trying to better the world wont have a need to send messages multiple times. Or do like we did... adapt.

Again, sorry Sagan if we lose you as a myspace friend, if you can't find your girlfriends bulletins. At least you hang out with us here, so you'll always be in the loop. As an afterthought, we get people who send us mail back about each sending of the same bulletin, we can infer from this that the 5th time we send it, is that particular persons, first time seeing it.

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline

I don't mean to be offensive, but if you can't tolerate annoying bulletins, don't join Myspace.

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yea, that's pretty much how I see it. If I wanted to only hear the really important stuff from just my real-life friends I'd stick to email and stay off MySpace. But I do have quite a few friends on my list, so the multiple RRS bulletins get lost easily. And I deleted the bulletin whores to boot! This is just regular bulletins being factored in (I don't mind funny stuff or the occasional survey thing, whatever... I just hate the rrrrretarded bulletins like the examples above).

I can see both sides to the issue, but in the end it's not that annoying to open the bulletin page and read the first two pages. Real spammers make you have to read the first dozen just to get past their useless crap, lol.

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.

goescrunch
goescrunch's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have no complaints of your

I have no complaints of your bulletins. I find your bulletins much sexier than all the others of lame-o losers looking for meaningless hookups. ^_~ Okay, it's not that atheism itself is sexy... It's just that intellect is sexier, and there is nothing more intellectual than realizing that believing in things which can't be proven is stupid. So, keep flooding the bulletins as far as I'm concerned.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree that several

I agree that several bulletins isn't excessive. I hate wading through pages and pages of bulletins and rarely make it through more than two or three. If several are published, I have a good chance of seeing one.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.