RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Your REWARD is great... it's hell

Quote:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 12:15 PM
Subject: [Defend my God!] Reward

Marlo sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I just wanted you to know that your REWARD is going to be great, there will be no doubt that you have great rewards, however no that this reward will be in Hell, with everlasting misery. Understand that there is still time should you wish to repent and ask the TRUE MESSIAH, JESUS CHRIST for His Mercy and Forgiveness. Because though you think He failed you in some way KNOW that He is Real and He never Lies, Fails or Leaves Behind His TRUE children. He is Everlasting and Faithful!!

Thanks! Your reward is a life of stupidity and gullibility! Congrats, it's the only life you get, and it's wasted on idiocy. Our prize committee has noted that you've already collected your prize, therefore we don't even need your address to send it to you.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
As I said in an earlier

As I said in an earlier thread:

Telling me I'm going to hell is like telling me Santa isn't bringing me presents this year.

qbg
User is offlineOffline
Psst, I heard that Jesus

Psst, I heard that Jesus dude you like so much is a rip off.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
mindspread wrote: As I

mindspread wrote:

Telling me I'm going to hell is like telling me Santa isn't bringing me presents this year.

This response is really perfect, Mindspread.  It's rather silly to threaten someone who doesn't believe in hell with... hell. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Let's blame the

Hey, Let's blame the victim!!

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey explain to me this, I

Hey explain to me this, I never quite understood it.

In hell your "soul" is tortured for all eternity

Now, hell is supposedly outside space and time, which means it technically does not exist. Define "exist" in the context of "hell" or "heaven". Prove that it exists, or by your own definition it does not.

Furthermore, define "soul". How can a "soul" be tortured if it is outside of material existence. Again, we return to the problem of "existence" per se. Pain is merely an interpretation of electrochemical messages by our neurons and synapeses. A "soul" being technically "non-existant" and not composed of matter, does not have these things. Explain how it can be "tortured" please. How can a soul suffer. Furthmore, prove that the soul exists.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol deluded.  I think it's

lol deluded.  I think it's possible your post has more multi-syllabic words than that theist has read in the last year.   I think you were squashing a bug with a sledgehammer, so to speak.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marlo wrote: I just wanted

Marlo wrote:
I just wanted you to know that your REWARD is going to be great

Reward? There's a reward for being an atheist? Sweet! Where can I pick it up?

Marlo wrote:
there will be no doubt that you have great rewards, however no that this reward will be in Hell, with everlasting misery.

Oh even better. From what I've heard, being in hell means you get away from the asshole who's supposedly killed everyone who's ever died. The "misery" you allude to is actually freedom of will and quite enjoyable. Hell must be heaven. I hope you enjoy going to heaven, which will really be hell, what with having to be around a dictator that tortures you if you're bad.

Marlo wrote:

Understand that there is still time should you wish to repent and ask the TRUE MESSIAH, JESUS CHRIST for His Mercy and Forgiveness.

Even if I were tempted to, and I think I've shown I'm not, he'd have to show up for me to ask him anything.

Marlo wrote:
Because though you think He failed you in some way

I don't think he's failed me at all. I don't think he exists, so how could I think he failed me?

Marlo wrote:
KNOW that He is Real

I suggest getting off the acid. Eye-wink

Marlo wrote:
and He never Lies,

Since when can nothing lie? Obviously he doesn't lie.

Marlo wrote:
Fails or Leaves Behind His TRUE children.

He can't fail because he doesn't exist, and he doesn't have kids because he doesn't exist.

Marlo wrote:
He is Everlasting and Faithful!!

Wait a second, god is faithful? That means god isn't really god at all! There's an even higher power! Hmm. Maybe we'll call it Agod.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I still wonder what folks

I still wonder what folks think they're accomplishing by sending these emails.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: I still

Susan wrote:

Fear of hell worked on them, they're assuming it'll work on us.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Susan

Sapient wrote:
Susan wrote:

Surely they cannot be so naive to think that reading an email is going to make any of us say, "Oops.  Guess I've been wrong all this time.  I believe now!"  

Actually, if they think that by simply reading a short paragraph will change any minds, they must be terrified because they've obviously read a little something on the forums so they could use the contact form. 

Maybe they'll say, "Oops.  Guess I've been wrong all this time.  I don't believe now!"

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

GreyhoundMama
GreyhoundMama's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've always felt ...

I've always felt that if there's a god who's so petty he'd only allow a few folks born in a specific area who believe one tiny, specific version of a myth to go to heaven ... that I wouldn't want to spend eternity with him!!! How can they say this god is all-powerful, perfect, loving, yet a petty tyrant when it comes to what they think is most important.

It boggles the mind.

Karen and her hounds
creating art ~ creating a new life

serotonin_wraith
serotonin_wraith's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think the main reason

I think the main reason theists try to convert the rest of us is just to save their own skin. They have their orders to spread the word, or face the consequences. It's more to do with selfish reasons why they want to 'help' people.

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
It always tickles me how

It always tickles me how they talk about everlasting torment in hell and god's forgiveness and mercy in the same paragraph.

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
mindspread wrote: As I

mindspread wrote:

I have to remember that one. And you SO ought to use that as your tagline!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MisterDax
User is offlineOffline
Do you really think that

Do you really think that you can scare us to believe in your silly religion? Do you really believe that we are scared of the pathetic threats you and your religion offers to us? I am not afraid of you or your little feeble cult and trust me, there are many who aren't afraid either.

suttsteve
User is offlineOffline
We're not children. We don't

We're not children. We don't need to be rewarded for good behavior. Most adults already know how to be civil to each other. There are exceptions, though.

Mattness
Mattness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: ----- Original

Quote:
----- Original Message ----- From: [email protected] Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 12:15 PM Subject: [Defend my God!] Reward Marlo sent a message using the contact form at http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact. I just wanted you to know that your REWARD is going to be great, there will be no doubt that you have great rewards, however no that this reward will be in Hell, with everlasting misery. Understand that there is still time should you wish to repent and ask the TRUE MESSIAH, JESUS CHRIST for His Mercy and Forgiveness. Because though you think He failed you in some way KNOW that He is Real and He never Lies, Fails or Leaves Behind His TRUE children. He is Everlasting and Faithful!!

Hm, christians really have a soft spot for capitalisation Laughing out loud It's so... hightlighting. Haha, makes me want to EMBRACE my TRUE MESSIAH so that I'll get FORGIVENESS for my SINS and of course I'll be REWARDED with HEAVEN (not to mention that I'll SUFFER in HELL for all ETERNITY if I don't Shocked).... Ok, I guess I'm straining the humour of this. I'll go EAT some SHELLFISH now.

Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. - Immanuel Kant

Weather
Weather's picture
User is offlineOffline
How can a supposed

How can a supposed punishment be a reward? Isn't that like, an oxymoron or a contradiction? It doesn't make any sense.

And Jesus must be a dick if you have to grovel to him to ask for mercy and forgiveness and only he can decide if you go to heaven or not.

I just love how these theists try to convert us by using scare tactics. Seriously.

Weather 

drestro2
drestro2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Susan

Sapient wrote:
Susan wrote:

Hah, good assumption, this whole letter is about hell.

"[The Bible is] a mass of fables and traditions, mere mythology." Mark Twain and the Bible

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: ----- Original

Quote:
----- Original Message ----- From: [email protected] Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 12:15 PM Subject: [Defend my God!] Reward Marlo sent a message using the contact form at http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact. I just wanted you to know that your REWARD is going to be great, there will be no doubt that you have great rewards, however no that this reward will be in Hell, with everlasting misery. Understand that there is still time should you wish to repent and ask the TRUE MESSIAH, JESUS CHRIST for His Mercy and Forgiveness. Because though you think He failed you in some way KNOW that He is Real and He never Lies, Fails or Leaves Behind His TRUE children. He is Everlasting and Faithful!!

If this email were to have an actual impact, it would look strikingly similar to the following:

A: I want your money. If you refuse, I'll shoot you in the face. If you cooperate, I'll let you live. Your choice.

B: What a perfect example of free will! Gee... when you put it THAT way. I love you! And I want you to have all my money! I can't believe that all I have to do is give you everything I have and you won't even shoot me in the face! You're such a good friend! Wow... let's hang out at least once a week!

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Sapient

Susan wrote:
Sapient wrote:
Susan wrote:

Surely they cannot be so naive to think that reading an email is going to make any of us say, "Oops. Guess I've been wrong all this time. I believe now!"

I actually have a different take on this.  Everytime someone has said something like this to me, I feel like they are trying to say they are better than me - like a "ha, ha you loser burning in hell - i'm going to heaven!" type of thing.  Maybe it helps the author rationalize their flawed beliefs. 

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just wanted you to know

I just wanted you to know that your REWARD is going to be great, there will be no doubt that you have great rewards, however no that this reward will be in Hell, with everlasting misery. 

I hate to say it but many of the early leaders of most of these crackpot religions believed that they were living in Hell.  Or at least, God had forsaken the physical earth and left it to the devil and his demon spawn.  And, quite frankly I almost agree with that, although I believe (if I believed in any of this crap to begin with) that religion is actually the work of Satan.  So I guess we’ve already gotten our reward.  Think about it.  The world is rife with pestilence, war, hatred and suffering; mostly brought on by religion and its lust for power over people, and a greed that knows no bounds.  How godlike is that?  Perhaps Bush is really Satan! 

Understand that there is still time should you wish to repent and ask the TRUE MESSIAH, JESUS CHRIST for His Mercy and Forgiveness. 

Actually, if I’m right and this is already hell, I think it’s a bit late to be asking for his forgiveness.  Anyway, if he really loved us, wouldn’t he have saved us from this anyway?  I mean, if I loved someone I sure as hell wouldn’t let them get into this kind of mess if I could help it. 

Because though you think He failed you in some way KNOW that He is Real and He never Lies, Fails or Leaves Behind His TRUE children. 

How can a figment of your imagination fail me?  Just because a few hacks over several centuries attempted to write the same story several different ways for their own motives and the church scavenged, wrote, re-wrote, forged, made up and generally lied about everything over the centuries for power and riches, doesn’t mean he ever existed.  He didn’t lie because he never existed.  He couldn’t fail anyone because he never existed.  And, if he is God, and Jesus never existed it stands to reason God never existed.  End of argument. 

He is Everlasting and Faithful!! 

This fable definitely seems to be everlasting.  I don’t know about faithful though.  Don’t have too much faith in that concept.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

WormGetsItsWings
WormGetsItsWings's picture
User is offlineOffline
I get to go to hell? Fuck

I get to go to hell? Fuck yeah! I'll be burning with some of the greatest minds of our time, and I'll finally be free of those asshole theists (the ones that were right, at least). This is going to be great.

"On mine honour, my friend, [...] there is nothing of all that whereof thou speakest: there is no devil and no hell. Thy soul will be dead even sooner than thy body; fear, therefore, nothing any more!"

- from Nietzsche's Thus Spake Zarathustra