A Christian who isn't like the other Christians (not)

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
A Christian who isn't like the other Christians (not)

I'M IN BOLD

Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Feb 12, 2007 7:59 PM

yeah... im a christian. Is it that you hate christians? or just dislike them?

It's neither. It's because I care about them that I'm willing to do whatever I can and dedicate my life to helping them overcome their delusions.

Quote:
Do respect them for what they believe at all?

I don't have any respect for their beliefs about God, no. I might be able to find other beliefs they hold that I can respect, and I respect their right to believe whatever they want (including things they can't prove).

Quote:
See I dont give a fuck about what people believe as long as they arent like those god dammed Christian People on TV that are greedy as hell and lie to people.

There are passages in the bible about using foul language. What do you think about that?

Quote:
But If you are right and there is no God, then I love absolutely nothing.

That's sad that you are so mentally weak, heartless, and cold that your ability to love another is reliant on believing in something you can't prove. I thankfully realize that this is most likely a lie, a rhetorical ploy on your part to pretend as if this is some valid argumentation as reason to believe in god. It's not. There are millions of people who are capable of love, and don't need imaginary friends to make it happen.

Quote:
So i dont think you need to criticise Christians in general, I think you need to criticise the damn TV evangelists that exploit people into giving them their money and "healing" people..

Thanks for the suggestion, but we see Christianity as a problem overall, take for example your ridiculous claim that you couldn't love anyone without an imaginary friend. Such delusions are those that mental hospital patients hold. Christianity has turned your mind to mush, not just evangelists.

Quote:
yet the people end up dying a week later... Christians that arent prepaired to back up what they believe and the christians that exploit others are the ones that need to be criticised.

Do you think you've backed up what you believe?

Quote:
See I'm just a normal Christian, i dont give a shit about other peoples beliefs. but if I'm wrong I lose nothing. If im right i gain heaven.

This is called Pascals wager. It is the worst argument anyone can possibly use for theism. You have just proven in one sentence that not only have you restricted your mind from valid modes of thinking but you haven't researched what you believe. Your argument fails in that you just did lose something. You just corresponded with me, making a fool of yourself, you've lost respect. You likely go to church, there's time wasted. You likely give the church money, there's money wasted on helping others become as deluded as you. You also fail to realize that if Allah is the real god or any other god, you are completely fucked, likely more fucked than any atheist. Furthermore you live your life with a disorder (Christianity) that thwarts your ability to think critically. Utilization of faith is a detestable quality, a vile and disgusting trait that I am proud to say I don't need in any real and meaningful life. But by all means, feel free to pretend as if you lose nothing, when in reality you are losing everything, you will never live another day in your life in reality, your life will be lost, the only life you get on a myth.

Quote:
You might consider that as a "just in case" i should believe in God.

Yes I consider as a "just in case" and it's one that has been obliterated through critical thought thousands of times. Your "just in case" should be called "will never live a real day in the only life we get."

Quote:
but i respect you guys. Even if it isnt what i believe you guys are succeeding in your mission, and you are doing it well.

Thanks.

Quote:
Christians are stupid and they try to "scare" people with hell and shit to make others belive. but you guys do well and i respect that of you.

You just tried to scare us with hell in this email, you are exactly what you say you don't want to be.... and you lost nothing? Wow. Pascals wager hinges only on the fear of hell, nothing else.

When typing "'Pascals Wager' refuted", into google, 14,300 results come up.

Good luck overcoming it!

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was going to say

I was going to say something. But there is nothing else to say, what was their response?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I just sent it.

I just sent it.

ChosenByPasta
ChosenByPasta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient, I love how you

Sapient, I love how you debate more than anyone. Your refutes are always dead on.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: See I'm just a

Quote:
See I'm just a normal Christian, i dont give a shit about other peoples beliefs. but if I'm wrong I lose nothing. If im right i gain heaven.

Yep, a normal silly christian, as you seem to forget there are other religions besides your own. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

ChosenByPasta
ChosenByPasta's picture
User is offlineOffline
He's not even open to being

He's not even open to being wrong. He already said that he "doesn't give a shit about other people's beliefs."

"Every true faith is infallible -- It performs what the believing person hopes to find in it. But it does not offer the least support for the establishing of an objective truth. Here the ways of men divide. If you want to achieve peace of mind and happiness, have faith. If you want to be a disciple of truth, then search." - Nietzsche

thisisbart
User is offlineOffline
are all the christians that

are all the christians that debate you this bad? or do you only post the stupid ones?(and dont make jokes about all christians being stupid, i already see it comin hah)but i honestly wonder like, are all the christians like this or do you post only the ones you know people can joke on the most?

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
thisisbart wrote: are all

thisisbart wrote:
are all the christians that debate you this bad? or do you only post the stupid ones?(and dont make jokes about all christians being stupid, i already see it comin hah)but i honestly wonder like, are all the christians like this or do you post only the ones you know people can joke on the most?

That email was nothing. There's been some emails way worse than that. Look for them.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline

thisisbart wrote:

And you'll notice that so many of them use quite colorful language!

Yup, good xian values.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think I have now

I think I have now officially heard pascal's wager more times than I've heard "Stairway to Heaven".   Will they never stop?

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Bodhitharta
Theist
Bodhitharta's picture
User is offlineOffline
ChosenByPasta

ChosenByPasta wrote:
Sapient, I love how you debate more than anyone. Your refutes are always dead on.

Then how come Sapient is avoiding me and dishonestly moving my threads to trollville. I am on several Atheist sites and if he doesn't accept my challenge and debate me I will make sure that I mention it everywhere that I can including youtube.

Then he is of those who believe and charge one another to show patience, and charge one another to show compassion.

Bodhitharta
Theist
Bodhitharta's picture
User is offlineOffline

thisisbart wrote:
are all the christians that debate you this bad? or do you only post the stupid ones? (and dont make jokes about all christians being stupid, i already see it comin hah)but i honestly wonder like, are all the christians like this or do you post only the ones you know people can joke on the most?

They avoid all believers who are intelligent and to be honest, they don't even like you because you question the way they behave.

Then he is of those who believe and charge one another to show patience, and charge one another to show compassion.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is pathetic. You've

This is pathetic. You've been defeated so soundly that you're hiding points in month dead topics without realizing that jumps them to the top of the active list.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Go on, say something

Go on, say something intelligent, then.

mr_fr33ze
User is offlineOffline
if by "bad" you mean

if by "bad" you mean irrational and misguided, then....yes

also to me christianity is a joke Eye-wink

oops i posted twice....sorry Laughing

God was created to fill in the gaps. Only we can truly fill in the gaps Eye-wink