High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
ROTFLMFAO

----- Original Message -----
To: < sapient@rationalresponderscom>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 11:16 PM
Subject: [Defend my God!] Question

> his servant sent a message using the contact form at
> http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.
>
> I don't want to debate.
> I want to know what one thing God could do for Brian Sapient that would
> let Brian know that God is real?
>

On 2/1/07, Brian Sapient < > wrote:
Tell him to come to my house and we'll talk about it. Eye-wink

To: Brian Sapient
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Defend my God!] Question

When would you like him to come?

On 2/2/07, Brian Sapient wrote:
Right now.

To: Brian Sapient
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 6:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Defend my God!] Question

Hey Brian (God knows your true name),
I went to bed as I had to get up this morning at 6am.
I may not have know about the time you picked but God did.
He was there! So how did it go?
I am praying for you. Truely!
I saw you on Nightline and my heart ached for you when you said you used to be a Christian who truely belived.
It makes me wonder what hurt you.
Life is cruel.
God would like to help.
Phyllis

For you folks who were in Stickam with me all last night, do you remember seeing him? I felt and saw nothing godly, unless of course you count "menotsimple."

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Crazy Delusional Guy

Crazy Delusional Guy wrote:

Ugh! Would the Theist lay off this tired argument?! I'm getting sick of hearing it. It's almost an insult!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I even put it in the

I even put it in the irrational precepts forum!

kmisho
kmisho's picture
User is offlineOffline
MrRage wrote: Crazy

MrRage wrote:
Ugh! Would the Theist lay off this tired argument?! I'm getting sick of hearing it. It's almost an insult!

Worse. It's blatant bigotry. And even worse than this, people who say it don't even know they're being bigoted.

Phyllis is a walking, talking real-life Borat.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:

Quote:
He was there! So how did it go?

This woman is totally deluded. Why in the world would she think you would believe her god showed up?

Or was god hiding in the closet the whole time? Eye-wink

Why does the name "Phyllis Blakeslee" sound familiar?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

healthy.addictions
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: From:

Sapient wrote:
From: Phyllis Blakeslee To: Brian Sapient Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 6:05 AM Subject: Re: [Defend my God!] Question Hey Brian (God knows your true name), I went to bed as I had to get up this morning at 6am. I may not have know about the time you picked but God did. He was there! So how did it go? I am praying for you. Truely! I saw you on Nightline and my heart ached for you when you said you used to be a Christian who truely belived. It makes me wonder what hurt you. Life is cruel. God would like to help. Phyllis 

Wow - LoL! Did you tell her God must have forgotten to stop by? Oh my Darwin...don't you ever get tired of the same old e-mails?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
healthy.addictions

healthy.addictions wrote:

don't you ever get tired of the same old e-mails?

Yes, but when I used to be in sales I got tired of filling out the same reports over and over again too, so I've traded one repetition, for a more rewarding one.  I'll deal.  Smiling

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

From: Phyllis Blakeslee To: Brian Sapient Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 11:11 PMSubject: Re: [Defend my God!] Question

Brian, You never emailed back. I can only guess you don't want to as you and I both know something did happen. Are you ready to share now? How did God show himself to you? Phyllis

(I'm now directing her to this thread, ROTF even more now)

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Phyllis, if you're reading

Phyllis, if you're reading this, I'm glad you asked. Actually, instead he just sent the virgin Mary to my house. We talked a little and then we fucked until the cows came home. Then she said she had to go. She told me to tell the world that she would return again in 9 months. I don't know what that's about, but please help me spread the word.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
MrRage wrote:

MrRage wrote:

You know, there was an emotional component to my rejecting faith, but a lot of the emotion had to do with the logical realization that 1) I had been lied to, 2) my friends had dumped me over an invisible friend, 3) many theists had used their god-belief to hurt me in various ways.

But even if none of that shit had happened, I would still reject faith. It is based on nothing but wishful thinking. One tired argument is, "But faith is a different path to knowledge."

Oh really? Then how come there isn't ONE TRUE RELIGION. Theists around here like to say there is one true religion, but when I look at them--Muslims, Catholics and Protestants, OH MY--I tilt my head back and LAUGH!

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Iruka Naminori

Iruka Naminori wrote:

MrRage wrote:

You know, there was an emotional component to my rejecting faith, but a lot of the emotion had to do with the logical realization that 1) I had been lied to, 2) my friends had dumped me over an invisible friend, 3) many theists had used their god-belief to hurt me in various ways.

But even if none of that shit had happened, I would still reject faith. It is based on nothing but wishful thinking. One tired argument is, "But faith is a different path to knowledge."

Oh really? Then how come there isn't ONE TRUE RELIGION. Theists around here like to say there is one true religion, but when I look at them--Muslims, Catholics and Protestants, OH MY--I tilt my head back and LAUGH!

I'm curious, but you don't have to respond. Would you say the emotional component came more after you deconversion? I think my family's starting to figure out I've left Christianity and it's kinda scaring me.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
MrRage wrote: I'm

MrRage wrote:
I'm curious, but you don't have to respond. Would you say the emotional component came more after you deconversion? I think my family's starting to figure out I've left Christianity and it's kinda scaring me.

The emotional component was both before and after.  Before my deconversion, I wondered why god wouldn't heal me.  I prayed every night for five years and god didn't heal me.  The usual Christian platitude of "yes, no and wait" finally made me plenty pissed.  How LONG does one have to wait?  Once I figured out the answer, I was even more pissed...but I couldn't get pissed at a non-existent being. 

Instead I got pissed at my parents. I had been indoctrinated--brainwashed, really--from birth.  I don't really want to go into details, but religion really fucked me up.  The realization it wasn't real fucked me up more.  Then the fallout from friends and family fucked me over one more time for good measure.

I'm really sorry you're feeling scared.  Coming out of the closet was very hard for me.  From what I've seen it's hard for everyone.  I still don't know how Dan Barker got his parents to deconvert right along with him.  He must have had a really good relationship with them.

Once I finally told my mother she became completely unglued.  There was a lot wrong with our relationship before I told her, a lot I'd sort of just stuffed away.  After I told her, a whole different dynamic settled over our relationship.  She did some really weird-ass things like call my counselor to tell him I was demon-possessed.  Once she literally kidnapped me by driving in circles around the county, all the while yelling at me for "taking the Lord's name in vain." She once tried to get me committed to a mental institution...and she's the one who believes in invisible sky fairies.

So yeah, it was both before AND after.  Ouch.

All I can hope is that by coming out and being vocal I can pave the way for others.  Dan Barker's story helped me.  I'm sure his story has helped others.  More recently we have Dawkins and Harris to thank.  The more people who come out and say, "I don't buy this crap" the easier it will be.  Maybe it will already be at least a little easier for you.  I really hope so.  I really do. Smiling

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

hellfiend666
Rational VIP!
hellfiend666's picture
User is offlineOffline
This chick is not only

This chick is not only deluded, but downright scary!  I know you weren't there when I did this last night, but I did get on cam wearing my Jesus costume!  Maybe that's the sign she was speaking of!  Even menotsimple said upon seeing me in that getup, "hell is the way and the light!"  lol

The darkness of godlessness lets wisdom shine.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Thanks, Iruka, for sharing.

Thanks, Iruka, for sharing. Your story about how you expected God to heal you just reenforces my conviction that people like Benny Hinn are poison to people emotionally.

I'm pretty sure my dad wouldn't do what you're mom did. He'll probably yell at me a bit at first, but then he'll just let it fester. Smiling

I'm going to look into Dan Barker's story.

Keno
Keno's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damn Brian, you should have owned her.

The second she thought there was something wrong with you, you should have took it to her. Been like "Yes, life is cruel. I was molested by the preachers of my church, I went to a new church and was molested again by the new preachers, I became a Jew and a rabbi molested me, I went to go buy a Koran and the muslims at Books'a'Million molested me, please what can I do, I want god in my life so bad, but everyone keeps molesting me.

Let her think she's being your savior and then oust her like a two bit messiah complex having git that she is. 

The easiest way to become lost is by pretending you know where you are going. ~ Keno