RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: hopekill design
Date: May 2, 2006 1:54 AM

you're a bunch of fucking idiots. i hate people like you, thats what is wrong with the world, everyone is fighting against something, you are just adding to everything. keep up the good work u assholes.

-dan

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: RATIONAL RESPONSE SQUAD
Date: May 2, 2006 9:45 AM

We're fighting for your mental freedom, and against those who have enslaved you.

Thanks for illustrating your need to be saved. It enforced our mission.

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: hopekill design
Date: May 2, 2006 9:57 AM

what are u fuckin retartad that makes no sense, who the fuck has enslaved me? you're stupid as shit

Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: RATIONAL RESPONSE SQUAD
Date: May 2, 2006 2:39 PM

DO you have any universal proof that a god exists? No... yet you believe in one.

How many things in life are you willing to believe with no proof? I'd imagine, not many other than god.

Think.

-----------------------------
THE MOST RECENT EMAIL HERE, MY COMMENTS IN BOLD, his in quote boxes:

Quote:
how do u have prooof that a god doesn't exist or a higher power?

I don't. I called into question your inability to prove that your god exists. I never claimed to believe there is no god.

Quote:
because science isn't correct , the laws of evolution are all falling apart one by one, scientists are afraid to admit it to the public but they are being proven wrong.

Impossible, Science changes itself when proven wrong and is never afraid to admit a failure. This is the difference between Science and Religion. Out of curiousity, name 5 things that Science has been proven wrong about, and show me where Science hasn't admitted it.

Quote:
find an answer to some things then you will have a resonable argument, but you have no reason to question the faith or belief of a person without proof that will uphold as truth.

I have a reason to question your faith, as you wrote to me insulting me, while you are the idiot who believes in things that can't be proven... I don't.

Quote:
how can you believe in fear if it doesn't exist, how do u believe in love, in anything.

Those are emotions that I can feel, they aren't Gods that are said to be universal to all.

Quote:
people believe in different things, doesnt make your opinion or beliefs any better, you're beliefe are just those of a narrow minded asshole.

If I was narrow minded I would still be a Christian. It is because I have an open mind, I was able to break free. Now do you have an open mind, or will you continue to insult anyone different than you to feed your narrow mind the bigoted rhetoric it needs to keep itself closed?

Quote:
i'm 19 and i just burned a hole right through your little fuckin rational response squad.

Saying it, don't make it so, child.

- Sapient

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

whenever i look at and of the arguments on the forum i just get more frustrated . not at the fact that you guys don't believe the same thing, i could care less about that, thats free will. but just the fact that you argue and argue and don't stop until you have the last word, you act like you have the answers to every problem in the world on the tip of your finger. when in reality you can be proven wrong. you go into these arguments thinking that you've won already, thats no way to enter a fight. this makes me so angry. i know plenty of people who could put up the best argument about this topic religion vs. science. but i don't know if they would be up for it seeing how you made me look on this forum. this is a one sided group, i don't even know why i'm still here, i guess just out of being bored.


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

kill wrote:
ah here we go again with this douche bag. shut up and let the other guy talk, i like him better.
i feel no need to have to prove anything to you. believe me or not i wont lose sleep over it.

yea i'm pissed off, go ahead and burn me because i played with fire, i'm real nervous. come talk to me next time you are in philadelphia and i'l give you a piece of my mind you asshole, i'm through with this online shit.

i forgot that you know all. because you are the jesus christ of this little online group called the "Rational Response Squad" hahaha do you wear superhero costumes too? We are the Rational Response Squad, we hate everything you stand for and we are here to save the world from idiots and religion. stupid stupid stupid.

First of all...for someone who is no fan of online chat..you sure like to talk shit...well tell you what, next time I'm in philly, I'd love to arrange a meeting with you.. I'll bring my superhero costume. bring your haircut and your cute little studs on your bottom lip. Well, I think I've stooped low enough wasting my time on this and I think, I've also gotten dumber talking to this guy.. this thread, as far as I'm concerned is done.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

good, i never actually got to beat the shit out of a real superhero. ever get your ass kicked by a kid with a "haircut" and studs in his lip who also wears tight jeans? i'll give u a warm philadelphia welcome, u prick. you gettin all fired up now aren't ya? you're a joke along with you're little scientist bullshit theories.


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

kill wrote:
good, i never actually got to beat the shit out of a real superhero. ever get your ass kicked by a kid with a "haircut" and studs in his lip who also wears tight jeans? i'll give u a warm philadelphia welcome, u prick. you gettin all fired up now aren't ya? you're a joke along with you're little scientist bullshit theories.

Internet Tough Guy: Usually male, the Internet Tough Guy talks big shit online, but IRL he's a total fag or a basement-dweller or sometimes he is a teenager. Most internet toughguys are into computer programming, or, at the bare minimum, love videogaming. The typical Internet Tough Guy can be found in nearly every community on LJbut oftern resides in his parents basement, for at least 5 days a week. From furry communities to politics communities, the Internet Tough Guy is one of many stock users that make up a community.

Many furries are Internet tough guys, as well. Fed up with fursecution at the hands of trolls, they often resort to threats of physical violence and will start talking about how much they can bench press. Mentioning muscle mass, level of physical fitness, etc. are all a part of being an Internet tough guy. By mentioning this they feel they are intimidating their opponents, but in reality making them LOL IRL.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Internet_tough_guy

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

kill wrote:
good, i never actually got to beat the shit out of a real superhero. ever get your ass kicked by a kid with a "haircut" and studs in his lip who also wears tight jeans? i'll give u a warm philadelphia welcome, u prick. you gettin all fired up now aren't ya? you're a joke along with you're little scientist bullshit theories.

Well there goes your case with the authorities. Sure they'll love the threats.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

fuck the authorities, this is fun. i dont even care anymore about the stupid google search. oh now watch out, i'm sure they'll really be worried about a 19 year old threatening to kick someone's ass who is probably like 40 years old. that'll just be funny


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Internet Tough Guy:

Here's the internet fuckwad:

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

you all love me and you're too scared to admit it, i know it. god told me


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

Dan, when you talk to god, it's called prayer. When god starts talking back, it's called schizophenia. Look into getting some help.

http://www.risperdal.com/

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

hahahaha
that was a good one, i'll give you that.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

Actually, as has been said in other forums, if you don't believe in science you should stop getting any modern medical care, using electricity, driving a car, etc.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

i never claimed to not believing in science. i just said that i favor my relision over the points being made about science. i've always been fascinated with science, but i just said i believe in god. i dont think that it's reasonable to say that because i'm a religous person ,to a degree, that it's necessary or makes sense at all for my to stop using electricity and so forth, i'm not amish. I dont think "believeing in science" makes much sense, why would you need to believe in something that is the answer for the way so many processes and thing occur. (im not contradicting myself with this statement). i just dont think science is something to believe in, it's something you study and understand.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

True, it isn't something that needs to be "believed in"' it just IS. But we hear plenty of religious types when something in science contradicts something from their religion say that science isn't valid, or something similar.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

kill,
Belief in a god automatically separates one from their deeds and gives them an out for the responsibility of finding the cause.
Science connects cause and effect. If it can't then it keeps looking.
Everything is supposed to be studied and, if possible, understood.

You're threat of physical violence shows that you are willing to suffer for your belief. Is that what YOU want to do? Why? What could possibly motivate someone to 'kick somebody's ass' or even have their ass kicked in the name of something/nothing that won't even back you up in the fight?

"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy" - Clint Eastwood, Outlaw Josey Wales

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

i think truth is that you fear god and relision, thats why you are fighting so hard for science and you are anti religion. there is really no other reason, you are secretly afraid of something being out there that you can have no control over and cannot be explained. science has methods, theories and explinations, religion is belief. you fear what you cannot grasp, i think that is the conclusion i have come to after being on this website. fear is the main reason why you fight religion. you will deny it, but i perceive it is a logical conclusion.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
http://www.users.bigpond.com/wyndkelm/index.html

found this stuff on some website i was reading

Obviously the position that life was initially created by God cannot be abandoned by creationists or fundamentalists, while even atheistic evolutionists have no properly established theory to offer, and must admit that their alternatives are based on optimism and some sort of scientific faith. Agnostics and doubters may be prepared to accept it as a working hypothesis.v

On the other hand evolutionists must accept that they are a long way from demonstrating that they can explain, or necessarily will ever be able to explain, all the problems that face them, and should be prepared to accept as possible the intervention of an outside agency - God.

he debate between the two sides centres on perhaps five major points:
That Evolutionists have failed to demonstrate that the development of life from a chemical soup is even theoretically possible.
That Evolutionists cannot account for the sudden appearance in the Cambrian age of totally new body forms that seem to bear no relationship to the earlier Ediacaran age fauna.
That Evolutionists cannot provide mechanisms to account for the very rapid explosion of new taxonomic groups following major extinctions like that in the late Permian, which destroyed some 95% of the species that then existed.
That the evolutionary theory of gradual change in the genome may be denied by the paucity of intermediate forms.


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

Oh, noes, with that copy and paste evolution is defeated :shock:

Are you fucking kidding me?


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

Kill, can you copy and paste the answers to these questions, please. I've been asking them for years and as of yet the magical theory of "goddidit" has come up lacking:

The only evidence required to establish evolution as fact is the simple fact that life and the allele frequencies of groups of organisms change over time. This is the FACT of evolution, and it was known (though not genetically) even before Darwin's time.

The THEORY of evolution explains the FACTS.

As far as evidence for the theory of evolution goes, how about stuff like this:

What do you have to say and how do you scientifically explain endogenous retrogene insertions without evolution by common descent?

Endogenous retroviral insertions are arguably the best example of molecular sequence evidence for universal common descent. Endogenous retrogene insertions are molecular remnants of a past parasitic viral infection. Occasionally, copies of a retrovirus genome are found in its host's genome, and these retroviral gene copies are called endogenous retroviral sequences. Retroviruses, like HIV, make a DNA copy of their own viral genome and insert it into their host's genome. If this happens to a germ line cell (i.e. the sperm or egg cells) the retroviral DNA will be inherited by descendants of the host. This process is rare and fairly random, so finding retrogenes in identical chromosomal positions of two different species indicates common ancestry.

There are at least seven different known instances of common retrogene insertions between chimps and humans, indicating common ancestry. I'll say it again, the same insertion occurs at the same DNA marker in two totally different species at a rate that is far far greater than chance. There are numerous know examples across other species as well.

What do you have to say about the biochemical similarity of all life on earth, and how do you scientifically explain this without evolution?

The only organic polymers used in biological processes are polynucleotides, polysaccharides and polypeptides - chemists have mades hundreds, if not thousands of additional organic polymers, but only these three contribute to biological life as we know it.

In addition, all the proteins, DNA and RNA in every organism known to man use the same chirality (twist), so for example out 16 different possible isomers of RNA, all organisms use one and only one, and they all use the same one.

There are something like 300 (forget the exact number) naturally occuring amino acids in nature. Only 22 acids are used in life as we know it, and all organisms use the same 22 acids to build proteins and carry out biological processes.

All of this points to a, as in ONE, common ancestor to ALL life on earth. The fact that no known organisms differ from this fundamental scheme when countless other schemes could work equally well should smack anyone who examines it in the face. If evolution were NOT true the odds that ALL organisms would use the same biochemical schemes is utterly astronomical.

Oh, and another example, all organisms use the same 4 nucleotides to build DNA - out of something like 100 naturally occuring nucleotides.

Oh, and all life on earth derives metabolic processes from ATP, plenty of other natural compounds would have worked equally well.

The biochemical evidence for evolution is some of the strongest evidence for evolution we have.

What do you have to say about the hominid fossil record? Do you still think there are no fossilized ?missing links? now?

We should expect related species to look similar.

What do you have to say about these observed speciation events?

Salamanders and Songbirds

More details on the salamanders, with additional links

London mosquitos

Another article on Himalayan song birds

Speciation by reinforcement

Lots of examples here

More examples

Speciation models

Links on examples and models

More on the London mosquitos

Ringed-speciation model and examples, plus links

In Drosophila (fruit flies)

How do creationists explain coccygeal retroposition (true human tails) and other atavisms and vestigual structures?

An atavism is the reemergence of a lost phenotypical trait from a past ancestor and not specific to the organisms parents or very recent ancestors. For example, perhaps you would care to explain well documented coccygeal projections (true tails) that are occasionally found on human newborns? Do you have a better explaination than the tails resulting from the incomplete regression of the most distal end of the normal embryonic tail found in the developing human fetus?

You can see about 100 medically recorded instances of this phenomena here:

PubMed links

And just so there is no misunderstanding, these are true tails, with vertebrae extending from the human tail bone as shown in this x-ray:

What about other vestigual structures like molecular vesitges in the form of human viatamin C definciency? Why does the gene for manufacturing viatamin C exist as a psuedogene in humans and also as a broken gene in chimps, orangutans and other primates - as predicted by evolutionary theory? Why can more distant relatives like dogs make their own viatamin C? This is only one of the molecular atavisms found in humans. What is your scientific explanation for this, if not evolution by common descent?

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

i wasn't doing it to try to look smart. haha i was just asking for answers to the statement jeeze, as soon as you make a false more everyone is all over you. im no scientist, i don't try to be. just a curious person, who enjoys reading peopls thoughts. im not trying to start fights on here anymore


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

kill wrote:
i wasn't doing it to try to look smart. haha i was just asking for answers to the statement jeeze, as soon as you make a false more everyone is all over you. im no scientist, i don't try to be. just a curious person, who enjoys reading peopls thoughts. im not trying to start fights on here anymore

Forgive me if I met your olive branch with a baseball bat, but you've only got yourself to blame. It's going to take some time and effort on your part to make up for your past assholishness.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Re: http://www.users.bigpond.com/wyndkelm/index.html

If you're seriously looking for a few answers, I'll give you a few. But please realize the statement you referenced is extremely ignorant, so forgive me if my answer may be blunt or seem simplistic.

kill wrote:

while even atheistic evolutionists have no properly established theory to offer,

The THEORY of evolution is a FACT. Furthermore there are plenty of religious people who accept evolution, and even some atheists that do not. Darwin himself said that he saw no reason why religion couldn't coincide with evolution. Today the Catholic Churchs official stance is that evolution is true.

Quote:
and must admit that their alternatives are based on optimism and some sort of scientific faith.

Science and faith are polar opposites. Science is what can be tested over and over to be proven valid, faith is what you use to help you believe in things that can't be proven true. If it's scientific, you need no faith. Will evolutionists admit that there are alternatives? Of course... but all involve the process of evolution which we now can prove as a fact.

Quote:
On the other hand evolutionists must accept that they are a long way from demonstrating that they can explain, or necessarily will ever be able to explain, all the problems that face them, and should be prepared to accept as possible the intervention of an outside agency - God.

Evolutionists would do a better job showing you what the problems are, but problems in how to demonstrate theories don't make them untrue, for if this was the case then you couldn't dig your way out of the 3,000 mile deep hole that is god belief.

Click the links Mike(Yellow) posted above for plenty of scientific proofs of evolution.

I'll let Mike, should he choose, answer the rest.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

hmm, i see.

i dunno, some of this shit confuses me sometimes. gives me a kickass headache when i think about it too much.


Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
Posts: 1322
Joined: 2006-02-11
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

Irrational thinking can do that to you.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

how is my thinking irrational?
that comment made no sense with what i was talking about


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

kill wrote:
how is my thinking irrational?
that comment made no sense with what i was talking about

Basically you're trying to defend what you have little knowledge of, coming at it from the vantage point that your ignorant claims are correct, and looking at it from that perspective. You've been trying, the whole time through our talks, to defend a logically untenable position, by dismissing what you don't understand (the scientific side) and embracing what you have an equally poor understanding of (the creationist/biblical side). You are meeting the definition of irrationality head on, or maybe more appropriately the definition of "close minded."

I contend it hurts your head because it doesn't fit your world view, and you lack the ability to refute it, yet choose not to accept it... this would be irrational.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


JB_Montag
JB_Montag's picture
Posts: 68
Joined: 2006-07-27
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

I like the idea of a headache being caused by cognitive dissonance.


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

JB_Montag wrote:
I like the idea of a headache being caused by cognitive dissonance.

If only such things caused infertility as well Eye-wink

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


JB_Montag
JB_Montag's picture
Posts: 68
Joined: 2006-07-27
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

TESTIFY!! Eye-wink


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

Can I get a NO-MEN?!

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


kill
Posts: 27
Joined: 2006-07-29
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

i have knowlegde on creation, not so much on evolution. i went to catholic school for 12 years an bible study every week for 2 years after that, i'm no religion histoiran or anything, but i think i know enough, a lot more than the average person. i am just not good at using words and constructing an argument online, i get frustrated when what i am saying doesn't come out correctly online. ignorance is not the case, i know enough about both sides to make an educated decision for myself on which i believe in. if i had a close mind i would not be on an atheist website reading the bulletins and reading what they think. i'm just arguing simply for what i believe in.


JB_Montag
JB_Montag's picture
Posts: 68
Joined: 2006-07-27
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

Kudos for you on being on this site. All of us understand what it is to be somewhere that our views are in the minority.

While I was in the army I could not get a "dogtag" on post that said Atheist. The best they allow is "no religious preference" implying that I still had belief in a higher power.

I sometimes give theists shit simply because I've been having these arguments most of my life, including having them with family and friends.
When someone tells me that the universe came into existence through the simple act of a figure "willing" it, I'm actually shocked. These same people take for granted the fact that science turns on the lights, allows this computers to run, heals at hospitals etc.,

I wouldn't care if you worshipped a head of lettuce named Ralph. If it makes you happy and makes you a better person, so be it. When your worship of a head of lettuce starts being the basis for law, and begins to put mandates and expectations on my life or the lives of people who don't believe as you do, a line has been crossed.

Start simply with your argument. The base premise is god exists. It's easiest to list your points, also, find a definition so we all know what we are arguing.

The paper read yesterday, the earth exploded, nobody noticed the passing of this hapless planet.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
RRS is a bunch of fucking idiots

kill wrote:
i have knowlegde on creation, not so much on evolution. i went to catholic school for 12 years an bible study every week for 2 years after that, i'm no religion histoiran or anything, but i think i know enough, a lot more than the average person. i am just not good at using words and constructing an argument online, i get frustrated when what i am saying doesn't come out correctly online. ignorance is not the case, i know enough about both sides to make an educated decision for myself on which i believe in. if i had a close mind i would not be on an atheist website reading the bulletins and reading what they think. i'm just arguing simply for what i believe in.

Try not using other men/women's labels for your particular beliefs. Lay out your own ideology for yourself and find the words that best describe it. Basically, find your skin that fits then it becomes easier to actually debate rather than attack. It is my opinion that copy/paste works best when the text is read, understood, and proofread.
The absolute beauty of the message boards is that you can take your time to answer. More often than not, the topic in question will still be available to post a new message.
I think it's great that you are on an 'atheist website' reading bulletins and posts. It does show a level of open-mindedness/freethought. However, if you're trying to connect a god with science then you're going to have to expect skeptics to call you onto the carpet for explanations and corroborating evidence that cannot be easily refuted with tangible evidence(such as science provides when possible).
I'd like to point out that Yellow#5's research should evidence to you that he looks for answers as well. We(humans) all do. Yellow and Rook are just really good at it. lol.
I'm never going to finish reading this site if I keep posting. lol.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


gatogreensleeves
gatogreensleeves's picture
Posts: 86
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Wow, there is so much

Wow, there is so much commendable patience here. It's beautiful. It does seem like such a waste of time rebutting these kids with no authentic challenges (the Cambrian? HAHAHA!!! Yeah, the "explosion" that took 15 million years surely accounts for a "day" or two in the creation account) when you've got such an arsenal on so many fronts. But hey, he probably a good representative of the majority out there. The irony is that most of the atheists here could give you more of a challenge than these punks...

"If Adolf Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway" -The Clash

"If Adolf Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway" -The Clash


gatogreensleeves
gatogreensleeves's picture
Posts: 86
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
I shouldn't be so harsh...

I shouldn't be so harsh... looks like the kid is coming around some...
"If Adolf Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway" -The Clash

"If Adolf Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway" -The Clash


Joshua
Silver Member
Joshua's picture
Posts: 8
Joined: 2006-08-13
User is offlineOffline
Brian wrote:I have to agree

Brian wrote:
I have to agree with these e-mails. I mean, what the hell are you guys thinking? Oh yea, thats right, you are thinking.

Thats the problem. Why cant you guys just let people believe in their fictional characters? Who cares if they use this fiction for political power? Who cares if they condemn atheists?

Damn you guys. I mean if belief in Jesus makes them happy in their bigotry and ignorance, let them be.

!!WORNING!! Can't spell for shit

I can only hope that you're beeing sarcastic in this poste. Letting people beleave in their fictional characters, to me, is'nt the problem. It's using this fiction for political power shit that bothers me. The govenment is SAPOSE TO BE NOOCHRAL in maters of personal beleaf and individualisom. The problem with religon is that it does'nt respect that prensable. It has'nt sence the country was founded. Religen by nacher is designd to controle people. And if I take the stance that your sugjesting, I'm just asking for my libritys to be takin away, and to let the fundies take over. And even the ones that arn't fundies will vote for opretion out of ignerance.

"The day people stop beleaving in the prinsipuls of their country is the day their country stops beleaving in their ability to lead it."

"Keep Fighting The Good Fight"
Joshua D. Jones


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
It was definetly sarcasm.

It was definetly sarcasm.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Joshua
Silver Member
Joshua's picture
Posts: 8
Joined: 2006-08-13
User is offlineOffline
Ya, I thought it was

Ya, I thought it was sarcasm. But as you can tell I'm a varry openyanated person. lol I get alot of "You think too much.", "You're too serias.", and somtimes "You come off as a smart-ass". Well, better a smart-ass than a dumb shit.

By the way grate showe. I've listend to every show I could get my hands on this week, (1 - 22) and am now all cought up. I know you menchend on the showe you need some atheist inspierd Rock music. Expect it, it's comming. I now have a mistion. lol

"Keep Fighting The Good Fight"
Joshua D. Jones


goescrunch
goescrunch's picture
Posts: 50
Joined: 2006-08-20
User is offlineOffline
The biggest issue: People

The biggest issue:

People who are intending to say "YOU GUYS ARE MEAN!!!" keep putting words like "idiots" or "stupid" in place of the word "mean". It also doesn't help that they do not understand that sometimes you have to be mean to be kind. Another way to word that is, "Sometimes you have to hurt someone a bit to help them a lot".

All I can really say is this - My life improved dramatically the day I quit trying to play the religion game to make those around me happy. The day I said "screw all this imaginary shit" and took responsibility for my life, things improved. Sure, I could be like my Xian sister, sitting around praying and praying, wondering why my life is going to shit while I sit around waiting for GAWD to make things better... Or, gosh, realize that it's not going to happen. There's nothing there. It's better to realize that, get rid of that security blanket, and take some personal responsiblity. Life is what you make of it. It's not some torture test designed by some sadistic god-beast with a bad attitude.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Joshua wrote: I know you

Joshua wrote:
I know you menchend on the showe you need some atheist inspierd Rock music. Expect it, it's comming. I now have a mistion. lol

We've actually found some! Smiling

http://www.myspace.com/solarfuse these guys are all atheists. There aren't many god references in the music.




This is Richard Spencer (Skepdick from our board) on lead vocals: http://www.myspace.com/thetwilightofidols all of his songs have a freethought message to them.

Got a favorite song there? If so, we'll play it for you! Eye-wink

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Nic-Holio
Nic-Holio's picture
Posts: 9
Joined: 2006-07-26
User is offlineOffline
On the subject of

On the subject of "Kill"...

For someone who is Christian, you sure have a lot of hypocritical statements to go along with it.

KillHope?

Don't you have hope and faith in your religion and God?

Not to mention: violence, insults, hatred, and other "blasphemous" things you've stated over the time you've been "bitching" at RRS...is pretty hypocritical as well.

Oh..And if you disbelieve in evolution, then I suggest you stop using natural gas and other forms of natural fuel (like: GASOLINE (aka Petroleum products), as petroleum is being made from natural break downs of...FOSSILS, which are proven items of...What, kids? EVOLUTION. Jawdropping!

Look back into history. Humans, as we know them today, have evolved greatly...even in the past 300 years.
How is THAT not proven?

If you don't believe in science, as someone stated before: don't use modern medicine, don't go to the hospital, don't drive cars, get off the computer, and move on with your emoego life.

And...I would love to see you try to kick any of the "asses" on this website. I'd glady either help out, or judge. Sticking out tongue Evil

If going to church makes you a Christian...then does going to the garage make you a car? ---- BumperSticker Seen On My Vehicle


caseagainstfaith
Silver Member
caseagainstfaith's picture
Posts: 202
Joined: 2006-09-10
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Impossible,

Sapient wrote:

Impossible, Science changes itself when proven wrong and is never afraid to admit a failure. This is the difference between Science and Religion. Out of curiousity, name 5 things that Science has been proven wrong about, and show me where Science hasn't admitted it.

I'm going to pick a nit here... "science" doesn't admit anything, science is a methodology. *Scientists* do admit error. But, sometimes *scientists* are human and don't want to admit error. So a theist to complaint that scientists can be biased and not see their errors has a grain of truth, that can happen. But, its just never been a Creationist to find an error. It has been other scientists.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I'm going to pick a

Quote:
I'm going to pick a nit here... "science" doesn't admit anything, science is a methodology. *Scientists* do admit error.

Of course, his initial statement was "science is wrong." I was simply using the term in the same manner as he did. He had no answer of course.

Quote:
But, sometimes *scientists* are human and don't want to admit error. So a theist to complaint that scientists can be biased and not see their errors has a grain of truth, that can happen.

I can agree to a "grain" of truth in that.

Quote:
But, its just never been a Creationist to find an error. It has been other scientists.

Well if we're gonna nit pick I'm not too sure that your absolute claim is accurate. I could easily see how a creationist somewhere along the lines has found a problem in a scientific theory. Admittedly it would be extremely rare, if it ever has happened.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
I almost posted the same

I almost posted the same thing. However, a creationist that actually uses the scientific method is technically, by definition, a scientist. lol. Not a creation scientist but a scientist who is a creationist.

So it appears that caseagainstfaith likes wordsmithing in order to elicit responses. Is this a fair assessment, case?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2006-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Olde topic ye brought here,

Olde topic ye brought here, mateys...

I'd REALLY REALLY love to know what this guy is doing right now.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Removed the background

Removed the background artwork.
Looks to be all business now.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


DrFear
Posts: 248
Joined: 2006-07-09
User is offlineOffline
heh, heh. i will keep an

heh, heh. i will keep an evil eye out for our 'pal' dan around the Hussian school of art (which is not so much a school as it is a few offices above a shoe store(?) on Market St.). i remember when i was shopping art schools.....Hussian actually sends reps to high schools to basically beg for students.
whassamatter, dan, didn't think anybody from philadelphia uses the internet? maybe you should've done a little recon before you lambasted us, as the RRS is based in philly. dunce.
and we're not all 40-something nerds like darth josh. thumbs up

Fear is the mindkiller.


Voided
Posts: 1195
Joined: 2006-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Sapient you can use me as an

Sapient you can use me as an example of a person who came to you without belief and base it off of my own exploration into the facts and ideas. I can link you to my essay about it if he doesn't believe you.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
DrFear wrote:heh, heh. i

DrFear wrote:
heh, heh. i will keep an evil eye out for our 'pal' dan around the Hussian school of art (which is not so much a school as it is a few offices above a shoe store(?) on Market St.).

You be nice to him. It's obvious that he's going through a lot of confusion based upon his page.

Quote:
i remember when i was shopping art schools.....Hussian actually sends reps to high schools to basically beg for students.

So do the armed forces. Desparation.

Quote:
whassamatter, dan, didn't think anybody from philadelphia uses the internet? maybe you should've done a little recon before you lambasted us, as the RRS is based in philly. dunce.

Which is one reason that he may have found the rrs while looking for other friends. Tracking down and verbally persecuting anyone for a 'belief' is equivalent to being hunted for being different. You definitely fit that description, Fear. lol.

Quote:
and we're not all 40-something nerds like darth josh. thumbs up

I'm 33, punk. finger lol.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


DrFear
Posts: 248
Joined: 2006-07-09
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

You be nice to him. It's obvious that he's going through a lot of confusion based upon his page.

i fully intend to be nice.

darth_josh wrote:
Tracking down and verbally persecuting anyone for a 'belief' is equivalent to being hunted for being different. You definitely fit that description, Fear. lol.

i never claimed any vicious intent. heyyy, what do you take me for?
come on and hunt me then, i'll smash your ass face! Head Bash
darth_josh wrote:

I'm 33, punk. finger lol.

oh.....eesh....um....so....you just....look like that...Raised Brow
ok then. happy day! Eye-wink
(ha ha, the new emoticons really help in the transmission of sarcasm. excellent)

Fear is the mindkiller.


killdan
Posts: 1
Joined: 2006-10-01
User is offlineOffline
remember me?

Dear Dr Fear,

first off, i'm not your "pal" you mother fucker, secondly i'm glad that i have a fan dedicated enough to track down where i go to school , did ya spot me with your "evil eye", you creep. come talk to me, you must know what i look like and you obviously know where i go to school tough guy. ha. you may not be 40, but for looking into my life that much clearly makes you a loser. your time is beter spent on reading the latest theories on evolution an dinosaurs or whatever you read while your watching me from outside of my school and jerking off.

i just wanted to reply to Dr Doom's message. hope everyone else is doing well.

-dan