Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Nov 3 2006 8:01 PM

Why that's stupid?

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Nov 5 2006 2:04 PM

How so?

How many things other than God do you believe in with no evidence?

The following is our last response, her words in quotes, ours in bold underneath...

Quote:
well there is evidence that God is there...how did u get here?

Asking a question that you don't know an answer to isn't evidence of god, it's evidence that you don't have an answer and don't have the thinking skills to realize that this no more proves a god than proves a flying spaghetti monster. There is good science to explain how we got here, life arose from a process called abiogenesis, life evolved from a non random process called natural selection, and for that we have tons and tons of evidence.

Quote:
how do people get healed?

Doctors, medicine, scientific discovery.

Quote:
i don't get how yall don't believe b/c i no i couldn't go thru 1 with out God...

Keep your imaginary friend if you need it, fine by me.

Quote:
i just want u to explain why u feel this way...

There is no evidence. I don't believe in things that there is no evidence for. Your god is no more real than leprechauns.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Who was it that said "I

Who was it that said "I don't believe in God for the same reason I don't believe in Mother Goose"?

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Who was it

MattShizzle wrote:
Who was it that said "I don't believe in God for the same reason I don't believe in Mother Goose"?

Clarence Darrow.

Laughing out loud

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:well there is evidence

Quote:
well there is evidence that God is there
for example?

Quote:
how did u get here?
through a long and gradual process, involving the formation of stars to create all the necessary elements, to the formation of the sun (to give us energy), and this planet, on which life can begin initially as randomly formed, very simple self-replicating molecules, to evolve and become more complex (such as RNA molecules, and eventually DNA molecules along with the systems to replicate the DNA molecules, which we collectively call a cell). eventually, cells started to group and work together for collective benefits, giving rise to multicellular organisms, which later evolved, through mutations and natural selection, to become much more complex over millions of years, eventually evolving with the ability to live outside the ocean; in short, a really long series of genetic mutations going through the process of natural selection, later, primates evolved; of which, one particular species was only able to survive natural selection through the use of intelligence. this primate eventually became more and more intelligent, giving it the ability to make and use technologies. we are descendants of this species.

Quote:
how do people get healed?
from what?
normally, people get healed by a system which we often call the immune system - a collection of cells which we call white blood cells, which attacks harmful invading viruses and bacteria.
We also have an organ called the liver, which works to remove toxins from the body.
On top of that, cells are constantly being reproduced to replace those that die, and to repair broken tissue - some are called platelets, to be put in place of broken areas of skin

Our intelligence has also given us the ability to understand many of our bodily functions, and develop ways to repair (or aid the body's natural ability to repair) or replace organs or bodily tissue (including transplanting organs). and sometimes, to simply remove problematic tissue that is of no use anyway (such as the appendix; the presence of which is just one confirmation of evolution)

Quote:
i don't get how yall don't believe b/c i no i couldn't go thru 1 with out God...
one what?
it's actually quite easy. we look at the physical evidence and observations to decide whether an idea is true. and there is none that supports the existence of any god(s)

Quote:
i just want u to explain why u feel this way...
see above. there's no evidence, therefore we don't believe.