Just the usual

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just the usual

This letter is similar to about 5-10 we get per day, we generally just delete them, but here ya go....

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Oct 22, 2006 8:31 PM

This site grieves my heart.

Aww, I'm sorry for that. We don't mean to hurt your heart, we realize however that it can be very hard to confront something you don't wish to be true.

Quote:

I know that God is alive.

And some people know that They Flying Spaghetti Monster alive. These people, like you are liars. You BELIEVE God is alive, not know. It's ok, you can be honest with us, we wont damn you for being honest. We do dislike dishonesty.

Quote:
I know that without Him, I would be nothing.

Naw, you'd still be you. You'd just be free from myth.

Quote:
He saved me and he sent his son to die for me.....even you.

One must question why an all knowing all loving god would need to send his son down (another form of himself) to sacrifice himself to himself so that others could escape the vengeful wrath of himself.

Quote:
There is no rationality without Christ.

This is simply ridiculous, especially without any sort of good proof.

Quote:
I'm sorry for you.

Don't be, I'm about as happy as one could be. My life is amazing.

Quote:
I will say a prayer for you that God shows himself to you and that you will realize one day that God loves you whether you believe or not...He believes in you.

Hey thanks, I'll be on the lookout. I used to say that prayer to myself all the time, but being honest with myself, I knew he never showed himself. As a Christian growing up I always believed, but when I reached middle school I left god belief behind, like we do with the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, it's the only honest thing to do. I'll be thinking for you, since you're not doing much good thinking for yourself.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It took me until later in

It took me until later in life, but I know for a fact God is a myth and religion is irrational. that people still believe in such primitive beliefs grieves my heart.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Guilt trip + assumptions +

Guilt trip + assumptions + bad arguments = Raised Brow

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
The shallow thought process

The shallow thought process is amazing. It's like a tidal pool at low tide. All these fish are stuck there thinking this is the whole world without realizeing there's a whole ocean out there.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry wrote:The

LeftofLarry wrote:
The shallow thought process is amazing. It's like a tidal pool at low tide. All these fish are stuck there thinking this is the whole world without realizeing there's a whole ocean out there.

I like this. Smiling

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

MarthaSplatterhead wrote:
LeftofLarry wrote:

I like this. Smiling

Thank you Smiling

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

highraven
highraven's picture
User is offlineOffline
And some people know that

And some people know that They Flying Spaghetti Monster alive. These people, like you are liars..

HEY WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? Flying Spaghetti Monster LIVES!!! cause ......i saw a vision.....or had food poisining ...hmmm

-----------------------------------------------------------------
And Jesus said to the sheep " I shall make you blind and lame, so you may never know the truth"