You're gonna rot in hell

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
You're gonna rot in hell

Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Oct 4, 2006 9:45 PM

I believe in God, and in Jesus Christ as my personal savior. All who do not believe this shall rot in Hell.

I believe in thinking rationally and believing in things that can be proven. All who do not believe in this will have wasted the only life they get on myths.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
God is Santa Claus for

God is Santa Claus for adults. It's almost the same - if you don't believe in Santa you don't get any presents/ if you don't believe in God/Jesus you go to hell. Christianity is a horrific myth.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
Rotting is a process carried

Rotting is a process carried out by various decomposers. Are you telling me there are entire ecosystems in hell?

If evil is defined as "causing suffering to others, or through inaction allowing others to come to harm," God is infinitely more evil than Hitler (ding ding Godwin's Law; just kidding) if he condemns even a single person to hell. A single person suffering for eternity (for finite crimes, too!) sums to a greater amount of suffering than all the suffering that has occured and ever will occur on earth. Infinite punishment for finite crime is unjust.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
What are they burning in

What are they burning in hell? Why don't we see it?

Why is it not consumed? Why is the soul or body not consumed?

You do realize all of this is end-of-the-world pagan crazy bullshit, and that the Jews never believed in an afterlife, much less in a punishment scenario in one?

Puzzled

Do the fundamentalists even realize what they say before they're going to open up their mouths, or are they just crazy?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Quote:-----------------

Quote:
Date: Oct 5, 2006 11:17 PM

What say you on my personal experiences with God?

The same thing I'd say about someone who is in a mental institution who claims to have had a personal experience with Abraham Lincoln.

Quote:
Are they myths?

Maybe not in your mind. Are they reality? Try proving them!

Quote:
What about the thousands of ancient archives on the account of Jesus living on earth, healing all of those people, and rising again?

Jesus supposedly did all of these amazing and wondrous things, isn't it incredible that NOBODY wrote about a single one of those things until WELL after his death? That really lends credibility to the story.... not.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Date: Oct 6, 2006 9:44 AM

I apologize, but Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were all written shortly after His death.

You call, over a full lifetime "shortly?" The earliest gospel was written over 40 years after Jesus died.

Quote:

And they were all eye-witness accounts because they walked with Jesus himself.

No, that's just what the Church tells you.

Quote:
So NOBODY wrote about anything He did until WELL after his death? I think not.

If a guy walks on water and cures cripples and nobody writes about it until 40 years after he's dead, I think that's a fairly long time.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Date: Oct 6, 2006 9:48 AM

And to add on to the people who did indeed write about Jesus from eye-witness accounts, what say you about the hundreds of millions of Christians all around the world that have personal experiences with God every day? Does the whole world belong in a 'mental institution'?

No not the whole world. Just the ones who claim to have "personal experiences with God" everyday. They should at least be on medication.

Alex14
User is offlineOffline
If there were to be a hell.

If there were to be a hell. then it's right here on earth. All the diseases and famine etc. There is nothing worse. Hell is just something to make people scared so they'll go on thier knees faster and pray. That sounded bad but you know...

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: No not the

Sapient wrote:

No not the whole world. Just the ones who claim to have "personal experiences with God" everyday. They should at least be on medication.

ROTF

Ave
User is offlineOffline
childs play

Quote:
What about the thousands of ancient archives on the account of Jesus living on earth, healing all of those people, and rising again?

The bible is like a big game of telephone, if you ask me. You start with banana rama, and you end with monkies wear pink undies.

"how can you justify belief in a god that has left you behind?"

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Quote:You

Sapient wrote:
Quote:

You call, over a full lifetime "shortly?" The earliest gospel was written over 40 years after Jesus died.

Quote:

And they were all eye-witness accounts because they walked with Jesus himself.

No, that's just what the Church tells you.

Quote:
So NOBODY wrote about anything He did until WELL after his death? I think not.

If a guy walks on water and cures cripples and nobody writes about it until 40 years after he's dead, I think that's a fairly long time.

Seems to me that the average lifespan 2000 years ago was between 20 and 25 years. Hence, 40 years would be two generations. Plenty of time for stories to be embellished a great deal.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
It alwasy strikes me odd,

It alwasy strikes me odd, how a simple emotional experience of happiness and belonging is somehow an experience with god. I can say I took a great shit today...and let me tell you..god was with me the whole way...sorry about the "shitty" analogy, but isn't replacing emotional experiences with god...a shitty thing to do to yourself? you are letting a figment of your imagination dictate your state of mind.

Yeah..it's a mental illness..perhaps not as bad as schizophrenia but it definitely borders it. Paranoia, delusions and a twisted sense of reality projecting emotions onto an imaginary entity..yup..definitely borders it.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

ellechero
ellechero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:
Quote:

And to add on to the people who did indeed write about Jesus from eye-witness accounts, what say you about the hundreds of millions of Christians all around the world that have personal experiences with God every day? Does the whole world belong in a 'mental institution'?

"Hundreds of millions" sort of begs the question as to where he got those fantastic numbers. Do you think he just pulled it out of his God-experiencing ass? Could the same be said of the Bible? The plot thickens! What say you, sir?

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ave wrote:You start with

Ave wrote:
You start with banana rama, and you end with monkies wear pink undies.

Jawdropping!

That happens to you too?

ROTF

The_Fragile
The_Fragile's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arugement from numbers.

Sapient wrote:
Quote:

Arugement from numbers. Everybody believed that the sun revolved around the earth. That the earth was flat. Today we know all of them we're wrong.

I hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
living inside of me
to murder everything.
I hope they cannot see
I am the great destroyer.