War on Easter hater.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
War on Easter hater.

In response to the War on Easter: www.WaronEaster.org I just received this message:

Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Dan
Date: Apr 9, 2006 11:19 AM

SHUT THE HELL UP, LET PEOPLE BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT, ITS NOT YOUR BUSINESS TO FUCKING TELL THEM WHAT TO BELIEVE. YOU THINK YOURE SO SMART BECAUSE YOURE AN ATHEIST. WELL YOUR NOT AT ALL, THIS TIME OF THE YEAR FOR CHRISTIANS IS FOR HAPPINESS AND NOT FIGHTING SO STOP STARTING "WARS" WITH OTHER RELIGIONS BECAUSE YOU DONT AGREE WITH THEM, you are a fucking loser.

Here is my response:

SHUT THE HELL UP, LET PEOPLE BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT,

If you think we should let people believe what they want, then why are you being a hypocrite by trying to telling me what to believe?

ITS NOT YOUR BUSINESS TO FUCKING TELL THEM WHAT TO BELIEVE.

Maybe you didn't notice. We're not telling people to believe, we're telling them what not to believe. The Christian god is clearly fake, any kind person would help those who have been brainwashed into believing he is real, to see the light.

YOU THINK YOURE SO SMART BECAUSE YOURE AN ATHEIST.

No, actually, I think I'm an atheist because I'm so smart.

WELL YOUR NOT AT ALL

On what scale? You don't even have a 3rd grade reading comprehension. I hardly think you are the person to determine my level of intelligence.

THIS TIME OF THE YEAR FOR CHRISTIANS IS FOR HAPPINESS

Happiness? It's not a time for happiness, it's supposed to be a time for Jesus. You know to celebrate a mythical figure getting beaten to a pulp, then dying, then coming back to life, and flying into the sky. You know, all that fake shit.

AND NOT FIGHTING SO STOP STARTING "WARS" WITH OTHER RELIGIONS BECAUSE YOU DONT AGREE WITH THEM

Take your argument to our President. Let's just pretend that I'm following his example.

you are a fucking loser.

Oh, if that's the case, I guess I'll give up now. NOT!


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
War on Easter hater.

Like they aren't constantly telling us what to believe! Laughing out loud


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
HE RESPONDS

HE RESPONDS, MY RESPONSES TO HIM IN BOLD:

I think it's ignorant to think that there is absolutely nothing spiritual in this world,

I think it's ignorant to believe in claims that aren't proven.

I am sorry for calling you stupid.

Apology accepted.

I was an atheist before i noticed that this world is not all black and white, I agree with you on the fact that many people have been brainwashed into believing in the christian god, but many have not, many believe in it because that's what they truly believe within themselves.

Well firstly, everyone is born atheist. Secondly, I can agree that some people weren't brainwashed intop their belief, they chose to believe it without being brainwashed. It doesn't make their belief anymore valid though.

I'm not a christian at all, but my family is and I believe them when they say that they believe it because they have faith in what the religion says.

I believe that too. Afterall faith is believing in something you have no proof for. It must be faith, it's certainly not science.

I just think that you should let them believe it.

Firstly, we do "let" them believe it. However we are constantly trying to help snap people out of it, because we care about them.

I don't see how them being a christian is effecting you in any way.

Tell that to the wife of the abortion doctor who was killed. Or all of the gays who can't form a legal union because Christians won't "worry about themselves." Tell that to the children who are forced to learn about myth in a science class because people will shove their baseless claims down kids throats, instead of things that can be proven. That argument holds ZERO water here.

Worry about yourself, don't worry about other peoples lives.

Once again, tell that to all the Christians in the world. Start a campaign for it, and we might just endorse you, until then drop your hypocritical bias and wake up and smell reality.

- Sapient

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
Posts: 219
Joined: 2006-02-13
User is offlineOffline
War on Easter hater.

Quote:
YOU THINK YOURE SO SMART BECAUSE YOURE AN ATHEIST.

No, actually, I think I'm an atheist because I'm so smart.

Laughing out loud

"Character is higher than intellect... A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


CynageN
Posts: 101
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
War on Easter hater.

Wow, that looks to be the typical response to anything questioning a teenage male who has not faced any reality out side of his house. Then once he realized that it wasn't going to be so easy as to just call you a faggot and move on, he tried to put on his big boy pants and still failed.

Oh well, I'm sure there will be atleast ONE rational email in response to this event. Or will there?


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
War on Easter hater.

CynageN wrote:

Oh well, I'm sure there will be atleast ONE rational email in response to this event. Or will there?

Oh there have been tons of "you guys kick ass" "thanks so much for what you do" etc.. type emails. But those are so boring, it's the hate mail I like posting. Cool

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
War on Easter hater.

It's even funnier when it contains a bunch of spelling and grammar mistakes.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
War on Easter hater.

CynageN wrote:

Oh well, I'm sure there will be atleast ONE rational email in response to this event. Or will there?

Here ya go... this one brings good balance to the overall picture:

Quote:
From: Ryan
Date: Apr 9, 2006 3:03 PM

Hey,

The mission is hilarious. I love it! My Christian family has encouraged their only Atheist son (me) to join them at church this Easter Sunday. At first I said, No because I thought they might try to perform an exorcism on me. However, after reading the missions I decided that I would call home from school and tell them yes. Ill have to accept mission ..2 because I dont have the DVD. Since Im familiar enough with my familys church, I know they would go into a panic looking for other enlightening material that may be placed around the church. My family's church has an Easter egg hunt as well, so Im going to fold up the fliers and place them in the same sized Easter eggs the church is using and mix them in with the church's Easter eggs. Funny thing is the parents make the kids open the eggs at home. Itll be great! Ill send you pics as soon as I have them.

Thanks,

Ryan

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
War on Easter hater.

Sapient wrote:
CynageN wrote:

Oh well, I'm sure there will be atleast ONE rational email in response to this event. Or will there?

Here ya go... this one brings good balance to the overall picture:

Quote:
From: Ryan
Date: Apr 9, 2006 3:03 PM

Hey,

The mission is hilarious. I love it! My Christian family has encouraged their only Atheist son (me) to join them at church this Easter Sunday. At first I said, No because I thought they might try to perform an exorcism on me. However, after reading the missions I decided that I would call home from school and tell them yes. Ill have to accept mission ..2 because I dont have the DVD. Since Im familiar enough with my familys church, I know they would go into a panic looking for other enlightening material that may be placed around the church. My family's church has an Easter egg hunt as well, so Im going to fold up the fliers and place them in the same sized Easter eggs the church is using and mix them in with the church's Easter eggs. Funny thing is the parents make the kids open the eggs at home. Itll be great! Ill send you pics as soon as I have them.

Thanks,

Ryan

hahaha..awesome...I will be hittin' up probably a cathedral, and I will be looking for some fundie churches in the area..wait..I AM in VA..hahah shouldn't be too hard to find fundie churches hahahahah

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
Posts: 256
Joined: 2006-04-13
User is offlineOffline
War on Easter hater.

Equilibrium wrote:
Quote:
YOU THINK YOURE SO SMART BECAUSE YOURE AN ATHEIST.

No, actually, I think I'm an atheist because I'm so smart.

:lol:

And Now I have a signature for these forums....

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.