Irrational Girl on OK Cupid

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Irrational Girl on OK Cupid

An 18 year old girl on OK cupid had a test about Jesus (of course my score was low), but she included on my results that Charles Darwin on his deathbed said he was wrong about Jesus. I had to send her a message:

MattShizzle:

You put at the end of your test that Darwin said he was wrong about Jesus on his deathbed. That is not true

Musicgirl88:

Uh actually it is...

MattShizzle:

No. It is a myth. They said the same thing about Robert Ingersoll and Thomas Paine. Darwin Didn't even talk about Jesus! I suspect where you heard it they had their wires crossed about different stories - probably the one about him saying he was wrong on evolution and maybe the one about Ingersoll.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's amazing that people

It's amazing that people will simply regurgitate what they hear and then insist upon it. Talk about selection bias.

Tell a person something they don't want to agree with, and they might investigate until they find any flaw with it. Tell them something they want to believe, and they will believe it without question.

I suppose we are all guilty of this to some degree, only the more rational do it much less often. At least i would hope so, I'll wait to see the statistics on that before deciding to believe it.

Eye-wink

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I'll post any responses I

I'll post any responses I get back. I'm sure she doesn't even know who Robert Ingersoll was. She has one of those profiles that manages to mention God somewhere to almost every question. One of them was in the 6 things you couldn't do without. Well guess what? God doesn't exist so you are already doing without his jiggy ass! Laughing out loud

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: No. It is

MattShizzle wrote:

No. It is a myth. They said the same thing about Robert Ingersoll and Thomas Paine. Darwin Didn't even talk about Jesus! I suspect where you heard it they had their wires crossed about different stories - probably the one about him saying he was wrong on evolution and maybe the one about Ingersoll.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CG/CG001.html

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/ladyhope.html

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Thanks. I'll send the links

Thanks. I'll send the links to her. Evil