What is the education background of the RRS?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Indubitably. 

Indubitably. 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
ostentatiously lettered.

ostentatiously lettered.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ahh, a group of fellow

Ahh, a group of fellow autodidacts I see. Smiling

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zombie wrote: Ahh, a group

Zombie wrote:
Ahh, a group of fellow autodidacts I see. Smiling

Hey dude, don't turn around. There's a freaking baby right behind you. 

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shhhhhh Don`t make any loud

Shhhhhh

Don`t make any loud noises, shes probally hungry. 

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zombie

Zombie wrote:

Shhhhhh

Don`t make any loud noises, shes probally hungry. 

...for human flesh!!!

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx

Archeopteryx wrote:

Indubitably.

Indeed

p_o

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Archeopteryx wrote:

Indubitably.

Indeed

p_o

Assured.

....mmmyes. p_o 

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have been reflecting on

I have been reflecting on this question. On one hand, it is nice to think that this person believes that RRS has a "staff." That word is indicative of a large, well-funded organization. So, there is a small compliment in there.

Obviously, though, this person intends some sort of future slight and is likely still in a university. The farther one journies from school, the more one realizes how little the diploma on the wall is worth. I guess I didn't understand how important education, or a diploma I should say, is to the world for deciding whether one speaks with any validity.

I grew up in a home of academicians. I regularly heard about how many professors are imbeciles and have serious failings. Further, it was made clear that anyone with enough money and patience could end up with a graducate degree. Really, the person asking the question reveals a lot about his/her background by posing the question.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I'll be damned.  I

Well, I'll be damned.  I was on the verge of hitting "submit" and decided to double check myself.  I was going to bust you for journEYs and academicians, and claim that your post was obviously invalid since you can't spell properly and you didn't know the word "academian."

Turns out academician is a word.

Damn you, Nero!  Damn you!

P.S.  You still spelled journeys wrong, and it still means your post is completely devoid of merit.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Alright, I have been

Alright, I have been pwned. After hundreds of posts, you have me in error. I will certainly consider myself to have been silenced.

Oh yeah, I officially revoke you ambassadorial legateship, and Jake help you for every error you make from here until eternity because I will be there to decry it.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote:

Nero wrote:

I regularly heard about how many professors are imbeciles and have serious failings. Further, it was made clear that anyone with enough money and patience could end up with a graducate degree....

I've had a few professors who I think have proved this point well, but I have one professor this semester who really takes the cake. I'm tempted to rant, but I'll refrain. I actually feel dumber each time I leave his class.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: The farther

Nero wrote:

The farther one journies from school, the more one realizes how little the diploma on the wall is worth.

You're right about this. For the most part, degrees tend to have little residual value. It's really just a key to opening the door to life/professional experience. I couldn't have gotten into my field without at least one of my degrees, but very little that I actually do professionally did I learn directly as part of earning those degrees.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

nullusdeus
SuperfanBronze Member
nullusdeus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient says it all!!!

Sapient says it all!!!

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Oh yeah, I

Quote:
Oh yeah, I officially revoke you ambassadorial legateship, and Jake help you for every error you make from here until eternity because I will be there to decry it.

Truly, the burden was becoming... um... burdensome.  My shoulders feel lighter already.

I suspect that you will be frustrated with your retributive sorties, for I have a disarming way of thanking people for helping me to become more precise.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Truly, the burden was becoming... um... burdensome.  My shoulders feel lighter already.

I suspect that you will be frustrated with your retributive sorties, for I have a disarming way of thanking people for helping me to become more precise.

Well, if you are nothing else, you are perspicuous. 

Anyone diplomatic enough to take the position of Ambassadorial Legate?  Buehler? Buehler? Anyone? Buehler?

shikko
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: Anyone

Nero wrote:

Anyone diplomatic enough to take the position of Ambassadorial Legate? Buehler? Buehler? Anyone? Buehler?

I'll fuckin' take it, smarmy-pants.

Err, I mean, "nice doggie".

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.