Church youth leader begs for us to stop.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Church youth leader begs for us to stop.

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:21 PM
Subject: [General Question] hi

> Chris sent a message using the contact form at
> http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.
>
> I am a youth leader at my chruch, And I ask you with all my heart. Please
> stop targeting teens. If for no other reason, but What if you are wrong. I
> know you are good people and you don't need to think how I think, but
> please, I am so scared of your site and I know thats not you want, cuz all
> the Atheists that I know are good people, So please reconsider your site. -
> With Love Chris

Geez. How about you stop mentally abusing children and then I'll stop trying to help them get over the bullshit you shove in them?

Deal?

In Rationality,

Brian Sapient
www.RationalResponders.com
www.FreethinkingTeens.com
www.prayerstojake.com
www.MargaretDowney.com
www.atheistvolunteers.org

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I am a  youth

Quote:
I am a  youth leader at my chruch, And I ask you with all my heart. Please stop targeting teens.

You first.
Quote:
If for no other reason, but What if you are wrong.

What if you're promoting the wrong god, and the real one is getting madder every day you do it. (Credit to Homer Simpson.)
Quote:
I know you are good people and you don't need to think how I think, but please, I am so scared of your site and I know thats not you want, cuz all the Atheists that I know are good people, So please reconsider your site. - With Love  Chris

I'm not responsible for the site, but still, no.

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Pascal's wager.  What if

Pascal's wager.  What if you are wrong and Allah is the true god? Then you are sending people to hell.  But seriously are you going to stop targeting teens?  I mean abusing the minds of the young with fear and false hope?

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   Kids are the future,

Kids are the future, the fundys must be stopped. I think RRS cartoons are in order. We need to make the kids laugh at fundy concepts. When will there be equal time for atheists on the tv.

PS, jesus was an early atheist, the bible is mostly lies, edited by devils !!! Geezz they fundys even killed him ..... "Atheists for Jesus" .....  "Fundys would make Jesus cry" ..... 

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
hi [You Respond]

[email protected] wrote:

I am a youth leader at my chruch, And I ask you with all my heart. Please stop targeting teens. If for no other reason, but What if you are wrong. I know you are good people and you don't need to think how I think, but please, I am so scared of your site and I know thats not you want, cuz all the Atheists that I know are good people, So please reconsider your site. - With Love Chris

lol wow. If you want to respond directly to him, feel free (I have not). Otherwise, have at it here. (I figured this isn't all that interesting but is full of so many things wrong that it is funny to respond to.)

Edit - Damn Brian is on top of his email today ;p 

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
I used to be a youth leader at my church

"Desperation is a stinky cologne"

Super Troopers

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
What is it RRS should stop

What is it RRS should stop doing?

Stop providing theists with the oportunity to make a case for the deity they claim? Stop providing atheists with an outlet to converse and socialize? Stop challenging magical claims like virgin births and zombie gods?

If atheists are good people, then you wont get cooties being here. You might actually learn something.  

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Please stop

Quote:
Please stop targeting teens.

I wasn't aware we were targeting teens. I thought we were trying to tear up all irrational thought. Actually, in my humble opinion teens can be forgiven for being irrational. Years of brainwashing can take awhile to overcome.

Quote:
I am so scared of your site and I know thats not you want

Don't be afraid young Padawan. Be assured it is what we want.

Quote:
the Atheists that I know are good people

Why thank you. Wish I could say the same for theists but at least you sound like a good person. Although you really should be careful with broad generalizations. Not all atheists are good people.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:
Quote:
----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:21 PM Subject: [General Question] hi > Chris sent a message using the contact form at > http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact. > > I am a youth leader at my chruch, And I ask you with all my heart. Please > stop targeting teens. If for no other reason, but What if you are wrong. I > know you are good people and you don't need to think how I think, but > please, I am so scared of your site and I know thats not you want, cuz all > the Atheists that I know are good people, So please reconsider your site. - > With Love Chris
Geez. How about you stop mentally abusing children and then I'll stop trying to help them get over the bullshit you shove in them? Deal? In Rationality, Brian Sapient www.RationalResponders.com www.FreethinkingTeens.com www.prayerstojake.com www.MargaretDowney.com www.atheistvolunteers.org

Sir -

What you have presented here is called Pascal's Wager and it is a logical fallacy.  How do you know you're right?  What if the god you worship is the incorrect god? 

Teenagers have a right to receive all the information they can in order to make an informed decision.  Too often, children and teens are indoctrinated with religious beliefs and are never given the oppurtunity to see outside of their own blind faith.  This leads to ignorance, bigotry and fear.  I'm afraid I cannot apologize for this site because I think it's helpful and informative. 

I appreciate your kind words regarding those of us who are non-believers.  Atheists are generally one of the most reviled groups in this country. 

I hope this site keeps running for as long as it needs to.  I also hope that you realize one day that you have nothing to be afraid of.  We are doing the right thing. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
With Love Chris

With Love Chris wrote:
Please  stop targeting teens.

Because that's your job, right?  Are you worried about a shrinking customer base? 

With Love Chris wrote:

...all  the Atheists that I know are good people

Thank you.  Atheists can be good people. Which effectively means there is no need for  churches,  much less youth groups with neurotic leaders. 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awww... Brian made the poor

Awww... Brian made the poor man cry...  someone get this guy an ice cream cone.

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
Spoken like a typical

Spoken like a typical brainwashed theist, that guy.  I feel bad for people like that.  So brainwashed and so narrow-minded.

Liberate your mind. Fuck religion.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Quote: ... but please, I am

Quote:
... but please, I am so scared of your site ...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Quote:

Sapient wrote:
Quote:
please, I am so scared of your site and I know thats not you want, cuz all > the Atheists that I know are good people, So please reconsider your site. - > With Love Chris

You are afraid and should be thus.  We look to eradicate your god from everything but history books.  We bring rationality and clear thought to those who choose lives of ignorance.  We are the blazing, incandescent brand that will leave an "A" so livid, so scarlet on your mind that you will not go an hour without reflecting on reality.

We should meet on another, Chris.  You say that you only know atheists who are also "good people."  I am not "good people."  I freely admit that I take pleasure in your discomfort and experience schadenfreude at the prospect of your further discomfort.  I take that which I desire and feel no remorse for anyone who gets in my way.  As far as I am concerned the planet is here for me.

Your leaders would call me a Narcissist, if they were so literate.  They would be correct.  So, know that I want a planet free of the imbecilic influence of your godly thoughts.  Remember, I always get what I want.  Know that we are coming and we are coming for your teens and you.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Know that we are

Quote:
Know that we are coming and we are coming for your teens and you.

How much for the women?

I want to buy your women!

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

How much for the women?

Thanks Hamby. I was trying to be all wicked and villainous, and you go and quote the Blues Brothers.  Geesh.  That's the last time I try to be nefarious in this thread!

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
See, Nero, you have two

See, Nero, you have two problems with being wicked and villainous. Assuming that most people, like me, have come to equate you with Barney Fife, it's simply not possible to take your evil-ness seriously. There's always that sing-song delivery, and the goofy oversized hat getting in the way.

Second, your writing style is simply too evocative. It's impossible for me not to go into free-association mode. Since my brain is filled with comedies, you simply come across more like Dr. Evil. Or maybe Peter Sellers as Dr. Strangelove.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: See,

Hambydammit wrote:

See, Nero, you have two problems with being wicked and villainous. Assuming that most people, like me, have come to equate you with Barney Fife, it's simply not possible to take your evil-ness seriously. There's always that sing-song delivery, and the goofy oversized hat getting in the way.

Second, your writing style is simply too evocative. It's impossible for me not to go into free-association mode. Since my brain is filled with comedies, you simply come across more like Dr. Evil. Or maybe Peter Sellers as Dr. Strangelove.

ha ha!!!  Barney Fife ruined you, Nero!!

I was just trying to be nice to the preacher guy in hopes that he'd check the forum and perhaps engage in some conversation.  Then maybe we wouldn't be so scared of us.  On second thought... Sticking out tongue

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Since

Hambydammit wrote:
Since my brain is filled with comedies, you simply come across more like Dr. Evil. Or maybe Peter Sellers as Dr. Strangelove.

Wait...Dr. Strangelove was a comedy?!

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: See,

Hambydammit wrote:

Now, my avatar is all dark and brooding.  So, beware Hamby!  I am super mean and stuff now!

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: Hambydammit

Nero wrote:
Hambydammit wrote:

Now, my avatar is all dark and brooding. So, beware Hamby! I am super mean and stuff now!

Nope.  You sound like an evil villain of the Dark Helmet persuasion.  Tee hee.   

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe churches should stop

Maybe churches should stop targeting children starting at age two. Have they considered just not exposing religion to their kids until they are able to reason for themsleves?

Nero(in response to a Youth pastor) wrote:

You are afraid and should be thus.  We look to eradicate your god from everything but history books.  We bring rationality and clear thought to those who choose lives of ignorance.  We are the blazing, incandescent brand that will leave an "A" so livid, so scarlet on your mind that you will not go an hour without reflecting on reality.

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Raki wrote: Maybe churches

Raki wrote:
Maybe churches should stop targeting children starting at age two. Have they considered just not exposing religion to their kids until they are able to reason for themsleves?
But that would reduce church memberships. And they can't have that, now, can they?

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Heh, you REALLY should get

Heh, you REALLY should get this guy on a show. It would be hilarious Smiling

Blind_Chance
Blind_Chance's picture
User is offlineOffline
Only if he will appear with

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Response to Church youth leader begs for help

I am a youth leader at my chruch, And I ask you with all my heart. Please > stop targeting teens. If for no other reason, but What if you are wrong. I > know you are good people and you don't need to think how I think, but > please, I am so scared of your site and I know thats not you want, cuz all > the Atheists that I know are good people, So please reconsider your site. - > With Love Chris

I wonder if this person has set up any 'special ops' within his group to help kids stay away from websites like this?  I mean, GEESUS...who wants teens to have any information that may help them escape the hold religion has on them! This youth pastor may be out of a job if that happens, if you ask me, he is being selfish! Smiling

-Renee

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Definitely my favorite

Definitely my favorite email since coming to this site.

Ah...

*soaks it in* 

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx

Archeopteryx wrote:

Definitely my favorite email since coming to this site.

Ah...

*soaks it in* 

Nothing like a theist begging the RRS to stop. Classic comedy.

Nero(in response to a Youth pastor) wrote:

Rocas511
Scientist
Rocas511's picture
User is offlineOffline
We'll stop if you will...no

We'll stop if you will...no more youth ministeries for you okay? There it is!  an even trade. 

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."

-James Madison-

FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rocas511 wrote:We'll stop if

Rocas511 wrote:

We'll stop if you will...no more youth ministeries for you okay? There it is!  an even trade. 

Of course that will never happen.

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”

NickB
High Level DonorSpecial Agent
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
What if you are wrong?

What if you are wrong?

We (atheists) think you ruin people’s lives. You make them deny every natural desire they have for what evidence suggests is a false God. You brainwash young children into worshiping your idea of God, in doing so you spread intolerance and ignorance.

What if this life is the only life we get and dedicating it to a God is simply squandering potential?

Why do you think you have the right to spread your beliefs and us not ours?

Logic and evidence suggests your belief in God is false. As far as we are concerned you are spreading ignorance and making the world a bad, bad place.

If you continue brainwashing people atheists will continue showing your subjects the facts. You have no right to tells us to stop while you continue recruiting members. Wake the fuck up this is the real world.

If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
When emails like this are

When emails like this are posted here, do you also respond to the email with the thread link for their answers?

Also...  in response to the email... *keeps banging the giant drum*     This is the whole point, if teens are really using their heads they're not being herded into church classes.  *bang bang bang bang*

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Hambydammit wrote:Quote:Know

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

How much for the women?

I am not sure what the bible says about "buying" women. But you can take them as your prize after a war conquest should you win. Or, if men knock at your door and threaten a home invasion, you can offer your daughter up in exchange for your goods.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

DUDE
DUDE's picture
User is offlineOffline
all the Atheists that I know are good people

WTH

"all the Atheists that I know are good people..."

So I asked myself: 'are all the Christians I know good people?'

Then I fell on the ground laughing.

DUDE

=========================================
"Evolution Ended When Religion Began..."
=========================================

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Send that.  

Send that.

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
RE: hi

Not to be mean, dude, but you are a YOUTH pastor, YOU are targeting teens. And what if you are wrong? What if Allah is the one true god? Then you have damned those kids and yourself. So I ask you, please stop targeting teens. This is truly not meant to be mean but your whole religion scares me (see evilbible.com for a list of reasons). I know most Christians are good people but please reconsider your dogma. - With love Dwayne 

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
His response email from

His response email from 10-18-07

Quote:
Thank you for your comments, I know that you feel that you are doing the
right thing. I am praying for all of you daily now. Not that you stop and
not that you change your mind, just that God works in your heart. If it is
possible I would like us to start E-mailing each other, not that we have
so much in alike but we both are trying to save teens from what we
respectful feel is wrong. That sounds rational, does it not? I do not hate
you, We simple don't agree, And that is ok not to agree right? I look
forward to your response E-mail and please no hateful words, I showed your
E-mail to my Atheist friend and he promised me that Atheist are about love
and rational thinking not hate.
With love and the hope of the future - Chris

IntellectualTitan
IntellectualTitan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chris, Chris, Chris...my

Chris, Chris, Chris...my dear deluded Chris. Your god simply is not real. Many atheists argue there is no god whatsoever, I view the attempt to prove such a thing superfluous at best. I personally keep it to, YOUR god doesn't exist, because that is something I can say with 100% certainty. The bible makes the grandiose claim that is the infallable Word of God, essentially strait from the big man's mouth to a person's hand to the paper. As such the bible needs to be batting 1.00 to be taken serious. It should not contain flaws or contradictions in logic, mathematics etc, but it does. Any rational person not bound by their own fear of punishment or delusion of reward can see the bible is full of shit.

So, your religion is based on fiction, fiction so unbelievably UNBELIEVABLE that even children, all of which invariably do until indoctrination see right through it. But you see permeate through all forms of government around the world, you influence laws and social and ethical norms, and you try to force your beliefs on others through those norms. Break through's in medicine are being impeded by your kind. Censorship is everywhere in music and television attacking their artistic core. MILLIONS of people are dying of AIDS and are suffering from other horrendous gross deceases because your god says "just don't fuck" so you don't BOTHER to tell people how to protect themselves when they inevitably do. 

Stop? STOP?? Silly mother fucker, we will NEVER STOP.

The more you know about the world around you, the less you have to make up.

Sadzaeater
Sadzaeater's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:His response

Sapient wrote:

His response email from 10-18-07

Quote:
I showed your E-mail to my Atheist friend and he promised me that Atheist are about love and rational thinking not hate. With love and the hope of the future - Chris

Sound's like a decent bloke. You two should hang out more. Hey, you should check out some of the content on the RRS site. That should give you guys a whole lot to talk about.

Cheers, Sadzaeater

Stop that... It's silly.

ContemptableWitness
ContemptableWitness's picture
User is offlineOffline
If all the atheists he knows

If all the atheists he knows are good people, then why is he concerned about his group becoming atheists? Since the only reason he would want them to be Christians would be to make them good people, right? Oh, and to save them from hell...but that would mean God sends good people to hell. That doesn't sound like a very loving God.

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Quote:
Please stop targeting teens.

I wasn't aware we were targeting teens. I thought we were trying to tear up all irrational thought.

IAWTC. In fact, when someone shows up here saying s/he's 15 or whatever, it usually takes me a bit off guard. Know-it-all 20-something year olds, maybe, but I'm more surprised to see teens here than I would be at, say, a church youth group meeting.

Also, this is probably mean, but perhaps we should be grateful he's teaching kids Jesus and not English.

missblueyes
User is offlineOffline
It's especially sad when

It's especially sad when people believe religion can't be questioned or put under scrutiny. If you are sure in your faith and your beliefs, you should not fear people asking honest questions or looking for the truth themselves.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
k thx.

I'm not a good person>:{ 

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Also.... Pariah Jane is a

Also.... Pariah Jane is a CUTIE!