Guest Suggestion - George Carlin

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline

Maybe you all have already seen this clip, but George Carlin hits it right on the head.

http://throwawayyourtv.com/2006/07/george-carlin-on-religion.html

A show with George Carlin would be full of rationality and laughs.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

I've written him 3 times in the last two years. Twice to try and get him on the InfidelGuy show and once for us. I've never got a response. Sad

Anyone have an in?

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
I've written him 3 times in the last two years. Twice to try and get him on the InfidelGuy show and once for us. I've never got a response. Sad

Anyone have an in?

I would imagine you'd have to go through his manager or publicist. I'm sure he's under contract and anything he does would probably have to go through his manager/publicist. I would find out who that is and go about it that way. Also, since he's considered a celebrity, I'm not sure he'd do a "free show" unfortunately those "hollywood" types...tend to be elitist.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

LeftofLarry wrote:
Also, since he's considered a celebrity, I'm not sure he'd do a "free show" unfortunately those "hollywood" types...tend to be elitist.

I would've assumed the same about Richard Carrier coming to spend a weekend at my house to record a batch of shows. Not saying, you're wrong, just suggesting that maybe outsiders see what we're doing here as important and may take part for nothing else other than to help make a positive impact on humanity. Of course, I'm saying all this after three unreturned emails. Puzzled

jester700
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:

I would've assumed the same about Richard Carrier coming to spend a weekend at my house to record a batch of shows. Not saying, you're wrong, just suggesting that maybe outsiders see what we're doing here as important and may take part for nothing else other than to help make a positive impact on humanity. Of course, I'm saying all this after three unreturned emails. Puzzled

Umm... I really dig Carrier and all, but in terms of fame, demand, and usual expected payment, aren't we talking a world of difference here?

For MY purposes, Carrier is actually the preferable of the two, but I'd love to hear Carlin, too!

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

jester700 wrote:

Umm... I really dig Carrier and all, but in terms of fame, demand, and usual expected payment, aren't we talking a world of difference here?

Yes. But would you have expected Carrier to write us asking to spend the weekend with us to make some shows? I didn't. I didn't even expect him to do an interview from his house.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yeah but the difference is, Carrier is not an entertainer. He's an intellectual with a message..plus...if you think about it..this is great publicity for his book. So I think there is a difference between Carlin and Carrier. Another difference is that Carlin is a smart-ass..hahahah....

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

LeftofLarry wrote:
Yeah but the difference is, Carrier is not an entertainer. He's an intellectual with a message..plus...if you think about it..this is great publicity for his book. So I think there is a difference between Carlin and Carrier. Another difference is that Carlin is a smart-ass..hahahah....

Agreed agreed. It should be noted though that Carrier didn't expect any publicity for his book, nor did he expect us to cover it as a topic. In fact he seemed to want to suggest all sorts of things other than anything having to do with his book. It is I, who made sure to make it worth his while by giving him tons of promotion.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
LeftofLarry wrote:

Agreed agreed. It should be noted though that Carrier didn't expect any publicity for his book, nor did he expect us to cover it as a topic. In fact he seemed to want to suggest all sorts of things other than anything having to do with his book. It is I, who made sure to make it worth his while by giving him tons of promotion.

I see..righteous people...are..well..just that.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline

If anyone has a subscription to IMDb Pro, you can get contact information for George Carlin's agent.

(You can get a free 14 day subscription, but you have to provide full subscription information including a credit card number. Plus, you have to remember to cancel after your free 14 day trial.)

Surely appearing with the Rational Response Squad could be considered a "charity" appearance.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline

Last I remember, Mr. Carlin was in the news with a medical condition.
Hang on...new window.....google.....
well, the www.georgecarlin.com site still says the same thing as it did in April. "heart-related symptoms"

Hmmmm.
http://www.georgecarlin.com/home/showdates.asp
Nothing in August.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.