Never heard from Sapient - bad email?

StopEvangelists
User is offlineOffline

I sent an email to Sapient with a possible show guest, and never heard a peep from him for over a week. What email should I use? or just PM?

"Religion is like a badly written contract - most people don't read most (much less all) of it, believe what the other party says, and execute with the best of intentions and naivety."

- Me

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

Sorry, who was the guest? Go ahead and post it here.

StopEvangelists
User is offlineOffline

I'll just paste the email here:

It would take all 3 of the rational responders, but David Hall is my girlfriends brother, who is a 6000 year old-earth, fundamentalist Christian, creationist, anti-evolution, etc. right down the line. Not only does he want to claim your $500 prize for contemporary evidence for Jesus' existance (do I get a finders fee?), he can prove just about anything you want, including the existance of the supernatural. You could do a 3 part show - biblical errancy, evolution, big bang.

I went on for 3 hours tonight, and of course got nowhere. His evidence for the supernatural is the "intellegence" of the design of individual cells, and the axiomatic existance of the 5 senses. Of course, all the scientists that think differently are just biased only to look at naturalistic answers, and are unwilling to consider the possibility of the supernatural.

One of my Captain Obvious examples of the earth being more than 6000 years old is parsec triangulation combined with the speed of light. He says that the theory of relativity suggests that the speed of light was different years ago. Insanity.

Of course, his logical flaws and evidence are crap, but it would be a VERY entertaining experience.

He's not the most computer savvy though, so it would have to be done over the phone rather than Skype. If you're interested, let me know. His blog is at quiettimepoems.blogspot.com.

Maybe my finders fee could be a lifetime subscription to the Rational Responders Smiling

"Religion is like a badly written contract - most people don't read most (much less all) of it, believe what the other party says, and execute with the best of intentions and naivety."

- Me

Lucretius
Lucretius's picture
User is offlineOffline

He thinks he can show the Big Bang is wrong? After you guys have him on your show, I'd like to have him on mine Smiling

EDIT: Darn, he doesn't know how to use a computer. *sigh* nevermind then. Find some computer-savvy Creationists next time.

StopEvangelists
User is offlineOffline

No, he knows how to use a computer - he has a daily blog! I don't think he'll be able to do skype, as he is on dial up.

- Me

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

StopEvangelists wrote:
I'll just paste the email here:

It would take all 3 of the rational responders, but David Hall is my girlfriends brother, who is a 6000 year old-earth, fundamentalist Christian, creationist, anti-evolution, etc. right down the line. Not only does he want to claim your $500 prize for contemporary evidence for Jesus' existance (do I get a finders fee?), he can prove just about anything you want, including the existance of the supernatural. You could do a 3 part show - biblical errancy, evolution, big bang.

He sounds like any one of the 3 of us could take care of him in our sleep. But we can do a 3 person set for purposes of the show. In terms of finders fee for contemporary evidence for Christ, I'll tell you what... have him present the evidence, we'll pay him the $500 for it, and then cut you into the $5 million we'll get for bringing the first piece of contemporary evidence for Christ ever.

Quote:
I went on for 3 hours tonight, and of course got nowhere. His evidence for the supernatural is the "intellegence" of the design of individual cells, and the axiomatic existance of the 5 senses. Of course, all the scientists that think differently are just biased only to look at naturalistic answers, and are unwilling to consider the possibility of the supernatural.

When we have Christians on the show, we try really hard to fit them into two categories:
1. They're somewhat famous (likely wont budge on their beliefs)
2. They're a common man Christian with a chance at opening their mind.

He fits neither category, we do have a lot of people waiting to get on the show. However, we'd host him on the show, because you want him on the show as a favor to you. Eye-wink

Quote:
He's not the most computer savvy though, so it would have to be done over the phone rather than Skype. If you're interested, let me know. His blog is at quiettimepoems.blogspot.com.

If you really want him on, we'll book him for you. If you want to write him to get him on, feel free. You could tell him that we'll be able to record a session around the first week of June, give or take a week.

Quote:
Maybe my finders fee could be a lifetime subscription to the Rational Responders Smiling

Your finders fee is knowing that you've helped this guy get a rational response to his irrational arguments, and I'd hope that would make you happy in itself. There are millions upon millions of Christians, and our show hasn't gotten to the point yet where we can pay people to find them. I can walk out my door and find ten. Now if you get Falwell or Robertson to agree to appear, you can have a lifetime subscription. There are people who would actually pay us for handing their loved ones, friends, and philosophical opponents a logical beatdown. Eye-wink

StopEvangelists
User is offlineOffline

I'll send him an email. What makes him special is that he uses some warped version of science in most of his arguments, so to the uneducated, he sounds somewhat methodical/rational in his arguments. Another difference is that he is a strong evangelist, and really pushes it hard on everyone.

Another difference is that he really seems to know his bible and has read it inside and out multiple times over. He's no lightweight, and a lot slicker than some of the other Xians you've had on shows 1-12.

- Me

StopEvangelists
User is offlineOffline
BRING IT ON, SAYS HE!

Here's my email to him, and his reply:

I spoke with the people that do the Rational Responders Internet radio show, and they would love to do a show with you. It would be taped the first week of June, give or take a week, and would probably take about two hours.

They are respectful to their guests, and are technically open minded to any argument, but will demand solid evidence to back up everything you assert, and have no compunction about letting you know where your logic, biblical knowledge, or scientific knowledge might go wrong. The Rational Responders comprise three people - Brian Sapient, a logician and debater, Rook Hawkins, a biblical scholar and ancient texts expert (that trained to be a priest), and Mike aka Yellow #5, who is a chemical engineer and an all-things-science expert. Guests they have had on their show include Ray Comfort (Way of the Master), Bill Morgan (of fishdontwalk.com), and Luigi Casicoli (suing the church in Italy). The purpose of the show is to eradicate all things irrational, so aside from theism/atheism, they have shows dealing with denial of the Holocaust, holistic medicine, etc.

For the $500 prize, they will probably want a link to or copy of your contemporary evidence for Jesus' existence (meaning written by an eyewitness, living at the same time). I believe the other conditions is that the date of writing must be widely agreed amongst historians, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

They have quite a large audience of both atheists and Christians, and it would be a very entertaining program. If you are still interested, let me know, and I'll get you in contact with Brian.

Seth

----------------------

Dear Seth,

I certainly appreciate the opportunity, and would look forward for a rational conversation with these folks, providing the interview works out in a time and setting that will not interrupt my daily care for Mom. Is this a studio setting, a phone call, or an Internet type of interview? It may be that it could be arranged on a day when Sue could come down and be with Mom during that day if this requires me to drive to their location. Just let me know.

Thanks again for setting this up. I'll be praying about this, looking to the Author of all true science and logic for His wisdom.

Gratefully, David

---------------

Send me a PM or email, Brian, so you guys can talk directly. This is going to be great! And thanks in advance Laughing out loud

- Me