Guest Theist: Lee Strobel

adaypastdead
adaypastdead's picture
User is offlineOffline
Guest Theist: Lee Strobel

Author of Case For Christ, Case For Creator, and Case For Faith. I would be amazed if you could get him to do a show with out giving the typical apologist rebuttels. Just a suggestion.

P.s. My friend said he would de-convert if you guys could shoot his books full of metaphorical holes.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.-Karl Marx

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
The author of this site is a

The author of this site is a poster here:
http://www.caseagainstfaith.com/

I've written Strobel three seperate times. No response.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
adaypastdead wrote:Author of

adaypastdead wrote:
Author of Case For Christ, Case For Creator, and Case For Faith. I would be amazed if you could get him to do a show with out giving the typical apologist rebuttels. Just a suggestion.

P.s. My friend said he would de-convert if you guys could shoot his books full of metaphorical holes.

Anyone impressed by Strobel.... never mind... just give them caseagainstfaith's site

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

caseagainstfaith
Silver Member
caseagainstfaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
adaypastdead wrote:Author of

adaypastdead wrote:

I see that Sapient and Todangst have already recommended my site. Have you sent your friend to my site and has he deconverted? (Yeah, I know, it never or almost never happens...)

As far as getting Strobel to appear on a skeptical forum, you ain't got a prayer, um, so to speak. He avoids skeptics. I did once have a visitor to my site say that he knows Strobel personally, and forwarded me a response that was supposed to be from him. I don't know if it really was from him or not, but, if it was, all he said was that he didn't think his panels of experts would be impressed with my arguments.

I know that he does show up on Christian shows, like Hank Hanegraff's show, from time to time. I should try to call in some time. One time somebody gave me a heads up for a show he was on, but, I didn't happen to be available at the time. If somebody happens to know of an appearance by him, somebody shoot me a line.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
He must be afraid of anyone

He must be afraid of anyone who could hand him his ass.

caseagainstfaith
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote:Anyone

todangst wrote:
Anyone impressed by Strobel....

Well.... There are lots of people that think Strobel is just terrific.

Have you read any of Strobel directly, or just quotes from me or others?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Hell, people think Ray

Hell, people think Ray Comfort is convincing and Bill O'Reilly is intelligent (though I seen his most recent article was asking the Mets to call their new stadium after Jackie Robinson - a great idea.)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

caseagainstfaith
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Hell,

MattShizzle wrote:
Hell, people think Ray Comfort is convincing and Bill O'Reilly is intelligent (though I seen his most recent article was asking the Mets to call their new stadium after Jackie Robinson - a great idea.)

I guess I was just trying to point out that in Christian circles, for some inexplicable reason, Strobel is a "big name".

caseagainstfaith
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
adaypastdead wrote:P.s. My

adaypastdead wrote:

Just curious as to whether you got your buddy to check out my site? Though I know the chances of him actually deconverting as he said, but, there's always a chance...