Religion can't be discussed without being "provocative"?

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religion can't be discussed without being "provocative"?

OK, so I go onto tuberavers.com to promote my YouTube and to find other YouTubers. In one thread, someone said she quit YouTube because of things people said. I asked what, she said that some "creepy" people asked her to show her feet (weird, but not so bad) wear less clothing, and move around more. Then she said that her being on youtube and making youtube videos was about boredom anyway, not being an attention whore. I say that those 3 requests aren't so bad, except the "less clothing" one, and that YouTube was about having fun AND being an attention whore. This causes controversy, as she deletes everything I said, and her responses, and simply says "rowsdowersavesus,[my user name there]

You DO realize your last post was offensive? I will not allow those kinds of remarks on my board."

Anyway, I don't care about that part, it's just for context. Most people hadn't read what I posted before it was deleted, so people speculated over what I said exactly (one who had read it thought I wasn't offensive, one who had thought I was, whatever.)

The reason I'm making this thread is THIS retardedness from one of the users:

to rowxxxx?Huh?:
well, I didn´t read the post and I can´t look at his intro while typing this reply, but if I remember right, my impression was that he wants to provocate people extremely by broacasting a SHOW!! on religion.....
so my opinion is, that is was most probably a voluntarily provocative post....   thumbdown

My introduction post simply said that my channel's mostly about atheism. Nothing else. This person automatically assumed that, because I discuss religion on my channel, I'm a total prick. Without seeing the evidence, with only the knowledge that my channel was about atheism, he decided I must be a troll. 

Does this happen regularly? Do people really think that about anyone who likes to debate religion? 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
People don't like having

People don't like having their mythologies challenged.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: People

MattShizzle wrote:
But I wasn't challenging the mythology there! He assumed that since I do on YouTube, I'm by default a troll and a jerk. In the context it shows an attitude that is irrational and must be eradicated.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I've had some idiotic

I've had some idiotic comments on my anti-religion videos there.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada

BenfromCanada wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:
But I wasn't challenging the mythology there! He assumed that since I do on YouTube, I'm by default a troll and a jerk. In the context it shows an attitude that is irrational and must be eradicated.

Encountering this kind of attitude is generally what helped make me decide I didn't have to be nice when arguing theists. It's so projective that it's almost certain to generate the very thing it predicts.

Editted for clarification

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet

Vastet wrote:
BenfromCanada wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:
Encountering this kind of attitude is generally what helped make me decide I didn't have to be nice when arguing theists. It's so projective that it's almost certain to generate the very thing it predicts. Editted for clarification
The only reason I'm still nice (mostly) is that not everyone is like this. Is there any way to end this attitude?